RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: Expiration on Testosterone Gel

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've been told that most meds can last up to 6 months past expiration date. But, if you have a small stockpile, that may mean that you don't take the testosterone "religiously". Maybe a buddy is on testosterone as well, and could use them. Then, start fresh with up-to-date supplies. PS I'm in the same situation, I have a few boxes of Androgel extra, but have no buds that I know of that uses it. jimat41@... wrote: The most I can

get out of my doc right now is Androgel and Testim. The stuff comes with an expiration date, but I have some boxes that are past that. Do I really need to throw them out? Thanks. See what's free at AOL.com.

Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with FareChase.

Guest guest

I've been told that most meds can last up to 6 months past expiration date. But, if you have a small stockpile, that may mean that you don't take the testosterone "religiously". Maybe a buddy is on testosterone as well, and could use them. Then, start fresh with up-to-date supplies. PS I'm in the same situation, I have a few boxes of Androgel extra, but have no buds that I know of that uses it. jimat41@... wrote: The most I can

get out of my doc right now is Androgel and Testim. The stuff comes with an expiration date, but I have some boxes that are past that. Do I really need to throw them out? Thanks. See what's free at AOL.com.

Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with FareChase.

Guest guest

I could be wrong on this, but I also seem to recall seeing an article some time ago about using our expired HIV meds in Africa. One man's trash is another man's treasure, so to speak. Never-ever-ever throw out your HIV/AIDS meds -- they can go so far for someone in desperate need. That said, certain drugs are not heat stable like Norvir & Kaletra. It's likely pretty useless after any period out of refrigeration.

On 5/31/07, Butch <longjohnmaniac@...> wrote:

The vast majority of drugs are good for many years, not months, beyond the expiration date, particularly if they are stored in temperature controlled conditions. Some drugs, like Proleukin (Interleukin 2) require refrigeration, but most drugs only specify that they be kept close to room temperature with " excursions " outside the desired range allowed. Norm Stuart advised me that per his experience even a refrigerated drug like IL-2 remains potent for years beyond the expiration, and my doctor agreed. This is good because if you're lucky enough to get a stash of something you can almost certainly store it for a long time. This could come in handy in case of another " national emergency " . I always wonder what would happen if the avian flu materializes and things break down for awhile. Here's from the Harvard Medical School website:

Drug Expiration Dates - Do They Mean Anything?With a splitting headache you reach

into your medicine cabinet for some aspirin only to find the stamped expiration date on the bottle has passed - two years ago. So, do you take it or don't you? If you decide to take the aspirin will it be a fatal mistake or will you simply continue to suffer from the headache?

This is a dilemma many people face in some way or another. A column published in Pyschopharmacology Today offers some advice.It turns out that the expiration date on a drug does stand for something, but probably not what you think it does. Since a law was passed in 1979, drug manufacturers are required to stamp an expiration date on their products. This is the date at which the manufacturer can still guarantee the full potency and safety of the drug.

Most of what is known about drug expiration dates comes from a study conducted by the Food and Drug Administration at the request of the military. With a large and expensive stockpile of drugs, the military faced tossing out and

replacing its drugs every few years. What they found from the study is 90% of more than 100 drugs, both prescription and over-the-counter, were perfectly good to use even 15 years after the expiration date.So the expiration date doesn't really indicate a point at which the medication is no longer effective or has become unsafe to use. Medical authorities state expired drugs are safe to take, even those that expired years ago. A rare exception to this may be tetracycline, but the report on this is controversial among researchers. It's true the effectiveness of a drug may decrease over time, but much of the original potency still remains even a decade after the expiration date. Excluding nitroglycerin, insulin, and liquid antibiotics, most medications are as long-lasting as the ones tested by the military. Placing a medication in a cool place, such as a refrigerator, will help a drug remain potent for many years

Original message: Expiration on Testosterone Gel Posted by: " 32824 " travis32824@

travis32824 Date: Thu May 31, 2007 5:40 am ((PDT))I've been told that most meds can last up to 6 months past expiration date. But, if you have a small stockpile, that may mean that you don't

take the testosterone " religiously " . Maybe a buddy is on testosterone as well, and could use them. Then, start fresh with up-to-date supplies. PS I'm in the same situation, I have a few boxes of Androgel extra,

but have no buds that I know of that uses it. jimat41@... wrote: The most I can get out of my doc right now is Androgel and Testim.

The stuff comes with an expiration date, but I have some boxes that are past that. Do I really need to throw them out?

Get your own web address. Have a HUGE year through Small Business.