marching band etc. After I was diagnosed I started eating low fat and

I lost about 70 lbs. Now I have extremely vascular arms and legs and

people are totally in awe of them. They think I run, work out, used

to be a body builder, etc. I sometimes feel very " manly " looking, (I

am a 45 year old mom of 3) but I do get a kick out of people asking me

what kind of work out I do, etc. I do feel like a total fraud because

other than running after my kids, dogs, up and down the stairs etc. I

dont work out much. I used to tell everyone that I didnt work out

etc., trying to be honest, but they just acted like I must be lying.

Now I just say that I run. I have gotten a few comments that I used

to be so much prettier when I was heavier, which hurts, but it could

be worse. My best friend just went through a year of hell being

treated for stage IIIB breast cancer. I have had some plastic surgery

done and it helps. My face used to be really round and now its pretty

thin. I look alot better now that I have had some injections in my

face. All in all I kinda like the veiny legs. Both of my brothers do

run and work out and they are always trying to get the cut look, and

they just can't figure out how I get my calves to look like that. (No

one knows about my cooties) I have genetically big calves but with

the lipo they are very cut and muscular, not skinny. I figure I am

kinda lucky.

cj

Guest guest

CJ,

It's good to have a woman's perspective on the issue of lipo. As bad

as it is for men, I think it's harder on women. Veiny legs can look

cut and hot on men, but few women are seeking that look. Many women

find that the " belly " simply deprives them of a feminine figure.

I like your healthy attitude.

JB

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

As you exercise and build muscle, vascularization increases to support the new muscle tissue. If you don't have a lot of subcutaneous fat (something body builders strive for), the veins are more prominent. That's it. It's a natural process and you shouldn't worry about it. Like the others said, I always get compliments on my veiny legs, although to be honest, when I'm asked how did I get so cut, I don't tell them that HIV works wonders on your body fat ratio. : ).

LarryomSent: Friday, May 27, 2011 6:38:08 AMSubject: Re: Veiny Legs

hi there, i too had veiny legs and i loved it and received lots of compliments, this is similar to the look most bodybuilders try to achieve for a competition...at that time i was on oxandrin and androgel, eventually my doctor switched me to nandralone which adds more bultk and thats when that veiny look dissapeared....these days i am not currently on any kind of anabolic and has lost of my hard earned muscle, but when i do return to my workout regimen ( without nandralone ) i am confident that veiny look will return...most bodybuilders love that veiny vascualr look...and so do i......shah

Guest guest

We are talking about two different issues: lipoatrophy and venomegaly The first one is the loss of fat under the skin that can make veins more easily seen.The second one is an enlargement of vein diameter.Both have been reported in HIV. Some people have one and some both. Women are specially disturbed by the look of veiny legs.I have ripped legs and I like it. But I do not have venomegaly, so I cannot speak for those who have both lipoatrophy and large veins.Dr Serra in Brazil has treated veiny legs with PMMA. If you go to this group's files section, you will see some pictures in a poster he presented in a conference.From: Rick W <RW736@...>Sender: Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 18:05:22 -0400 (EDT)< >Subject: re: Veiny Legs There is nothing attractive about having prominent veiny legs! With lipoatrophy, I can tell you it looks awful, and is awful. This look is never natural appearing, I have people question me how painful they must be. I have seen other, older gentlemen wear the loss of subcutaneous fat is so prominent, all they appear to have is skin over their vascular structure. I don't like to wear shorts, but I am not vein! Ricky in Michigan

• 3 months later...

I had vein camouflage work done using PMMA by Dr. Casavantes' assistant in their Tijuana clinic a couple of months ago.

Because of my lipoatrophy, I hadn't worn shorts out in public since 2004 as my lower legs were very veiny.

Plusses of the procedure:

My lower legs look great. I was expecting that somehow the veins would become less visible, but I've gained a quarter to half inch of thickness on the inside and back of the lower leg and the veins are now either invisible or mostly so.Dr. Casanvantes also injected PMMA on the inside of the leg right above the knee where I had a big amount of fat loss. This makes a very big difference. I had this done many years ago but he added some more this time.

Minuses:

When I wear socks they now leave an imprint, which takes around 15 minutes to disappear. If I wear tight socks the imprint is almost 1/2 inch deep, which is how I figured how much thickness was added.

>> Does anyone know if a cosmetic procedure exists to reduce prominent veins in the legs? Overall my lipodystrophy is mild with the exception of my calves. The veins are very prominent and switching meds haven't done anything to improve the issue. However, I do have improvement in my thighs. I am active and my exercise includes weight training and cardio. I try not to be self conscious but now find that I rarely feel comfortable wearing shorts. > > I'm currently on Truvada & Isentress.> > Thanks. > > Bill>

I had vein camouflage work done using PMMA by Dr. Casavantes' assistant in their Tijuana clinic a couple of months ago.

Because of my lipoatrophy, I hadn't worn shorts out in public since 2004 as my lower legs were very veiny.

My lower legs look great. I was expecting that somehow the veins would become less visible, but I've gained a quarter to half inch of thickness on the inside and back of the lower leg and the veins are now either invisible or mostly so.Dr. Casanvantes also injected PMMA on the inside of the leg right above the knee where I had a big amount of fat loss. This makes a very big difference. I had this done many years ago but he added some more this time.

Minuses:

When I wear socks they now leave an imprint, which takes around 15 minutes to disappear. If I wear tight socks the imprint is almost 1/2 inch deep, which is how I figured how much thickness was added.

>> Does anyone know if a cosmetic procedure exists to reduce prominent veins in the legs? Overall my lipodystrophy is mild with the exception of my calves. The veins are very prominent and switching meds haven't done anything to improve the issue. However, I do have improvement in my thighs. I am active and my exercise includes weight training and cardio. I try not to be self conscious but now find that I rarely feel comfortable wearing shorts. > > I'm currently on Truvada & Isentress.> > Thanks. > > Bill>

Is it smooth or did you get any lump?Dr Casavantes is an incredibly skilledman but lumps can happen with PMMA.Mark BSent from my iPhoneOn Sep 3, 2011, at 6:02 PM, "ld_ng2003" <ld_ng2003@...> wrote:

Minuses:

Is it smooth or did you get any lump?Dr Casavantes is an incredibly skilledman but lumps can happen with PMMA.Mark BSent from my iPhoneOn Sep 3, 2011, at 6:02 PM, "ld_ng2003" <ld_ng2003@...> wrote:

Minuses: