Guest guest

Hehe, you have summer up there? :)

I took my temperature after my morning walk today.. 94.1. I'm going to talk

w/ my doctor about that today. 30 minutes (and a shower) later it was 97.1

> RE: hypoglycemia

>

>

> My temperature was really below normal too... but we

> were able to fix that with organ and adrenal support.

> I am rarely freezing all the time anymore, but maybe

> because it is summer ;)

>

> *8-)

>

> --- DJ Tech <candida@...> wrote:

>

> > Here is a link (and a good website) for some info on

> > hypoglycemia:

> >

> >

> http://www.medical-library.net/sites/_hypoglycemia.html

> >

> > I've got hypothyroidism as well. My temperature has

> > been as low as 95

> > recently.

> >

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Jk

Isn't diabetes and hypoglycemia two different things?

--- In , JK DeLapp <jkdelapp@y...>

wrote:

>

> ,

>

> I used to be Type 2 Diabetic. The BEST thing that

> controlled (and now eliminated) was the first thing

> that I started using when I switched over to a WAPF

> lifestyle:

>

> 2 Garden of Life products:

> -Super Seed

> -Perfect Food

>

> I've got everyone in my family using it now, and they

> are the first 2 products I get anyone to start using.

> My family swears it is the only thing that curbs their

> irregular eating patterns. I, myself, still use these

> daily.

>

> ~JK

>

> JK DeLapp

> Old-School Foods, LLC

> 404.934.3194

> www.old-schoolfoods.com

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

-

>Isn't diabetes and hypoglycemia two different things?

Yes and no. Diabetes is simply the term given to the condition of

uncontrollably high blood sugar, and reactive hypoglycemia is

actually a condition in which blood sugar plunges to problematically

low levels, but they're related. Diabetes develops after a period of

reactive hypoglycemia because the body loses its sensititivy to

insulin after years of insulin overproduction and resulting plunges

in blood sugar levels.

-

Guest guest

hi clayplay

i'm not sure what the hypoglycemia question is, but in response to

the question of eating foods raw or cooked, your body will show you

what works and what doesn't.

if you are having trouble digesting raw foods, lightly steam or

sautee your veggies and stay off salads for a while. or you can try a

blended salad (recipe in the files).

also, lacto-bacillus fermented foods - kim chee, sauerkraut, etc are

not cooked, still technically raw, full of enzymes and very good to

aid digestion.

your comment - " Step by step " - you got it!

your comment " Follow Bee's diet and see results " - indeed!

~ suz :)

>

> So eating this way is mostly meat,fat and veggies. Low glycemic

> foods are good,but do we need to cook everything and not eat raw.

Does

> that make a difference? Dealig with candida has its steps as Bee

puts it.

> Best to take step by step in healing,is this correct? Follow Bees

diet

> and way of eating and you will see results? Correct!

>

> I can see many people having results,this is great news!

>

Guest guest

Clay I was also diagnoised with Hypoglycemia.. Since being on this plan for

6.5 weeks I have not had one symptom! I mix it up and have both cooked and not

cooked food in most of my meals. I won't eat raw meat!!!!! LOL

This plan is absolutely the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find a way to make someone SMILE today!

Cory

---------------------------------

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+

countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

This is a quote from Dennis W. Remington, M.D. (Back to Health):

" ...Other potential causes of hypoglycemia include food allergies and Candida

toxins, both of which seem to interfere with many of the enzymes critical to

sugar metabolism.

Candidiasis seems to be a major cause of hypoglycemia symptoms. Perhaps most of

the people we see with suspected candidiasis have typical hypoglycemic symptoms.

Yeast toxins somehow interfere with the uptake of sugar by the cells, and also

seem to interfere with the breakdown of glycogen and protein to stabilize blood

sugar... "

It's so wonderful... if your whole day is rotten, once they start the music, it

seems to melt away.

~ O'Connor

Guest guest

interestng !!! i cant keep my blood sugar up

Bentley

PO Box 61

Rumney NH 03266

chihuahuamom@...

Re: hypoglycemia

This is a quote from Dennis W. Remington, M.D. (Back to Health):

" ...Other potential causes of hypoglycemia include food allergies and Candida

toxins, both of which seem to interfere with many of the enzymes critical to

sugar metabolism.

Candidiasis seems to be a major cause of hypoglycemia symptoms. Perhaps most

of the people we see with suspected candidiasis have typical hypoglycemic

symptoms. Yeast toxins somehow interfere with the uptake of sugar by the cells,

and also seem to interfere with the breakdown of glycogen and protein to

stabilize blood sugar... "

It's so wonderful... if your whole day is rotten, once they start the music,

it seems to melt away.

~ O'Connor

Guest guest

Do you treat it by limiting carbohydrates? I've heard that hypoglycemia

is sometimes a rebound effect from high blood glucose, but I don't have

any personal experience with this, only hyperglycemia from diabetes.

I've also heard that diabetes often starts out this way.

Sue

On Friday, December 8, 2006, at 05:37 PM, susan100250 wrote:

> I had a lot of problems with hypoglycemia when I was in my early 20s,

> long before I was diagnosed with RA. The symptoms I typically

> experience are extreme fatigue and weakness, confusion and inability to

> concentrate, dizziness/fainting, nausea, and headaches. It can become

> so severe I can't work, drive, or do anything except stay in bed.

>

Guest guest

In a message dated 12/8/06 9:20:47 PM, res0bh3k@... writes:

> I have a feeling that my body never made quite enough cortisol on it's

> own and that I'll always have to take prednisone to feel halfway human.

> I just wondered if anyone else has gone through anything like this.

>

YES!

I never felt normal lately until I was on prednisone (since I was about

40).

It makes me feel like I did 15 years ago.

I even see better, think better, and the RA goes away.

My appetite comes back, along with my moods and libido.

Pris

Guest guest

Most people who have hypoglycemia are diabetics who get it due to taking

too much insulin. I've never been diabetic. I first had hypoglycemia

when I was in my early 20s (back in the early 70s), and they didn't

really know how to treat it. In fact, one doctor told me to eat candy

when I felt ill because it would raise my blood sugar. That just made me

worse. Then hypoglycemic diets came out, which severely restricted

carbohydrates (and helped nearly everyone who had hypoglycemia), and

that helped a little, but I still had some problems. Then I went through

early menopause, and actually was better after that until I got RA.

I have a feeling that my body never made quite enough cortisol on it's

own and that I'll always have to take prednisone to feel halfway human.

I just wondered if anyone else has gone through anything like this.

> Do you treat it by limiting carbohydrates? I've heard that

hypoglycemia

> is sometimes a rebound effect from high blood glucose

Guest guest

It makes me feel not-quite-so weird to hear that you have had a similar

experience with prednisone. After trying to reduce the prednisone, I

just can't imagine having to live like that again - I would be a useless

mass of goo.

> In a message dated 12/8/06 9:20:47 PM, res0bh3k@... writes:>

> I never felt normal lately until I was on prednisone (since I was

about > 40).

> It makes me feel like I did 15 years ago.

> I even see better, think better, and the RA goes away.

> My appetite comes back, along with my moods and libido.

> Pris

Guest guest

Hi Pip,

Since candida puts off alcohol like toxins, a shaky and spaced out

feeling could be die-off.

When you felt this way, did you take any food to try and help you feel

better? Like maybe a bit of protein or some fat, like coconut oil?

jackie

>

> Hi Bee,

> I have started to have Hypoglycemic like attacks,

> Not many of them but just a feeling of being shaky and spaced out.

> Would this be retracing, I had eaten about 3 hours before it happened

> pip

> xx

>

Guest guest

yes i ate some butter on some zuccini

mmm

pip

xx

> >

> > Hi Bee,

> > I have started to have Hypoglycemic like attacks,

> > Not many of them but just a feeling of being shaky and spaced out.

> > Would this be retracing, I had eaten about 3 hours before it happened

> > pip

> > xx

> >

>

Guest guest

HYPOGLYCEMIA Click here to return to conditions listing. Please refer to our health precautions section before proceeding. LOW BLOOD SUGAR is caused, paradoxically, by eating too much sugar. When the sugar reaches the blood, which happens within seconds after you eat it, the body produces insulin to normalize the blood-sugar level. In a person suffering from hypoglycemia, the body produces too much insulin. The blood-sugar level is decreased so rapidly and thoroughly that the person suffers distressing symptoms including headaches, fatigue, depression, anxiety, dizziness, lack of mental alertness, and rapid mood swings. A number of years ago

hypoglycemia became "popular," and many people decided that they suffered from it. Reacting to this fad, many doctors have dismissed the disorder entirely, claiming it doesn't exist. I believe the truth is somewhere in between: Not everyone who claims to have hypoglycemia suffers from it, but many people have some degree of difficulty in handling refined sugar in their diet and they commonly experience symptoms. In my practice I see many people with blood-sugar problems. They may be chronically fatigued, headachy, or depressed; feel tired in the morning; have trouble concentrating; and suffer late afternoon fatigue. And their symptoms are exacerbated by not eating. Many of them have been to doctors and have been told that they had no specific medical problem, yet when they follow the program for hypoglycemia outlined here, their symptoms disappear. If you suspect that your vague symptoms as described are caused by low blood sugar, it is well worth following the

recommendations to see if you feel better. You can get a good indication of whether you could have an adverse reaction to sugar, if you suffer any of the above symptoms shortly after eating simple sugar or two to four hours after an all-carbohydrate meal. How can too much sugar cause so many symptoms? Sugar gives your body a temporary lift, but over the long haul it puts the body under great stress. When you eat too much of it, refined or otherwise, the sugar levels in your blood rise to abnormal heights. In an effort to return things to normal, your pancreas produces insulin, the hormone that regulates sugar levels. If you don't have hypoglycemia--or if you don't regularly eat too much sugar--your pancreas can easily handle isolated overdoses of sugar. But if you are a virtual sugar addict, your pancreas goes into overdrive at every rise in blood-sugar levels: It overreacts, flooding your body with insulin, which makes your blood-sugar level take a nosedive. In

response, the adrenal glands release anti-stress hormones that in turn release the sugar stored in the liver for emergencies. The result? Everything gets worn out--the pancreas, the adrenal glands, and the liver. And your symptoms are nervousness, palpitations, anxiety, headaches, butterflies in the stomach, and so on. Eventually, someone who has experienced this pattern will find that their symptoms are constant. They complain of chronic irritability and constant fatigue, unrelieved by sleep. By this time, they notice they cannot go very long without eating or their symptoms get worse. Why do blood-sugar fluctuations seem to affect the brain, causing the symptoms associated with anxiety? The brain requires a constant adequate level of blood sugar to function properly. It is more dependent on blood sugar, or glucose, than any other organ. Low glucose levels resulting from the severe dip after a high sugar intake tax the brain and cause the headaches and other

symptoms that plague sugar addicts. Americans consume more than eighty pounds of sugar per person a year or about thirty teaspoons a day. In addition, we eat large quantities of refined carbohydrates--white flour, for example, which is turned into glucose in the body. Even if you don't own a sugar bowl, half of your sugar intake is probably hidden in the foods you buy. Cookies and ice cream are obvious sources of sugar, but most people are unaware that catsup, prepared frozen meals, and salad dressings also contain sugar. Simple changes in your diet plus a few supplements can make an enormous difference in how you feel. Many of my patients have found that by following this program for hypoglycemia they not only are relieved of their symptoms but also have more energy and enthusiasm for life and, in many cases, they've lost weight. I recommend that all my patients--not only those suffering from hypoglycemia--eliminate or cut way down on their sugar

intake. Sugar has so many negative effects on the body that you don't need to feel the symptoms of hypoglycemia to be suffering on some level from overconsumption of sweets. To fight hypoglycemia you must of course cut out the obvious: sugar, honey, cakes, candies, cookies, ice cream, sodas, sweetened cereal, canned fruit, frozen desserts, honey, and other sweetened foods. You must also learn to read labels carefully. Here are the most common sugar additives you'll find listed on a food label: corn syrup, glucose, molasses, sucrose, lactose, maple syrup, fructose, maltose, sorghum Ingredients on a label are listed in descending order of amounts used; a product that counts sugar as its second ingredient probably has an enormous amount of sugar in it. Just as bad are products where two or three types of sugar are listed. Though they may be near the bottom of the list, leading you to think that there isn't a great deal of sugar in the

product, if you could add up all the different types of sugar as a percentage of total ingredients you may find that sugar is in fact the main ingredient! Look carefully and you'll find that many brands of soup, spaghetti sauce, catsup, mayonnaise, cranberry sauce, and peanut butter contain sugar. You can find comparable products that don't contain sugar, but you may have to search for them. Avoid simple carbohydrates and refined and processed foods such as instant rice and potatoes, white flour, soft drinks, and alcohol. Instead stick to a diet high in complex carbohydrates and fiber, both of which help to stabilize blood sugar. Whole grain products should be a large part of your diet. Stick to the most natural, unprocessed form of a food: An apple is better than apple juice. Eat regular meals at regular times. You would be amazed at how many of my patients, who should certainly have known better, used to skip meals. Regular meals are especially important

for people with hypoglycemia because regular food intake keeps the blood sugar stable. If you miss a meal you're much more likely to crave a sweet snack to relieve your symptoms. Don't skip breakfast. Don't have a late lunch. Don't have a late dinner. Try to eat your meals at nearly the same time each day if at all possible. It's important to have protein at both lunch and dinner. Protein tends to produce much less of an insulin response than do carbohydrates. Don't have just a salad at lunch. I suggest fish (water-packed tuna is good), chicken, or turkey as the best choices for protein. Some doctors recommend that people who suffer from hypoglycemia have frequent small meals--six to eight meals throughout the day. Most of my patients find that this is too difficult to arrange, so I recommend that in addition to your regular meals, you routinely eat midmorning, midafternoon, and bedtime snacks such as a piece of fruit. Some of my patients like to have a piece

of whole-wheat toast with fruit butter at bedtime. A few whole-wheat crackers (check to be sure they don't contain sugar), popcorn (of course without butter), and rice cakes can also make handy snacks. It's important for people with blood-sugar problems to avoid caffeine, alcohol, and smoking. All of these cause precipitous changes in bloodsugar levels. I've found that caffeine, alcohol, and smoking also make it more difficult for my patients to give up sugar. Because they cause rapid fluctuations in blood-sugar levels, they create cravings for sweets and/or more caffeine, tobacco, or alcohol. I do think that it's acceptable to have one caffeinated beverage a day. (Remember to watch out for caffeine in soft drinks and in over-the-counter medicines.) Many of my patients' have a cup of coffee in the morning, but I tell them that they should have some food in their stomach before that first sip and, of course, they don't continue to drink coffee throughout the day.

Most people find this a relatively easy change to make, even those who were drinking up to six or seven cups of coffee daily. Many patients ask me about artificial sweeteners. I'm against them, particularly for people with blood-sugar problems. There are a variety of health problems associated with artificial sweeteners. While the risk for most people is low, I think the more important issue is that they encourage people with a sweet tooth to continue having sweet cravings. Many of my patients have been surprised to find that when they eliminate sugar from their diet, even if they were heavy sugar users, within a few weeks their taste for sugar diminishes. If you continue to use artificial sweeteners, you prevent this from happening. There is a nutrient that I use with hypoglycemic patients and it has proven to be something of a miracle in controlling blood sugar and reducing sweet cravings. Chromium, a trace mineral, is essential to the proper functioning of

insulin. Unfortunately, the average American diet is deficient in chromium. I've found that the trivalent form of chromium taken three times a day before meals is most effective for controlling sweet cravings, reducing appetite, and keeping energy levels up between meals. NATURAL TREATMENTS FOR HYPOGLYCEMIA: Eliminate sugar from the diet. This also means no cakes, candies, cookies, ice cream, sweetened cereal, canned fruit, and frozen desserts. In addition, you must learn to read food labels to find hidden sources of sugar. See text on how to assess a food label. Avoid simple carbohydrates and refined and processed foods such as instant rice and potatoes, white flour, soft drinks, and alcohol. Eat a diet high in complex carbohydrates and fiber, both of which help to stabilize blood sugar. Try to stick to the most natural, unprocessed form of a food. Eat regular meals at regular times. Don't skip meals.

Don't eat late meals. Have protein at both lunch and dinner. Eliminate alcohol and smoking. Limit your caffeine intake to one caffeinated beverage--coffee or tea --daily. Watch out for caffeinated soft drinks and over-the-counter drugs. Eliminate the use of artificial sweeteners. IN ADDITION TO YOUR DALLY SUPPLEMENTS, TAKE: Chromium: the trivalent form in dosages of 100 mcg. three times a clay before meals. http://alternative-medicine-and-health.com/conditions/hypoglycemia.htm

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.