RemedySpot.com

Tonya

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I didn't have the low back pain, but the shoulder and rib pain is from the air they use to inflate your abdomen with to be able to work. I thought it was going to kill me, but at least my doctor warned me about it. It goes away in a week or two.

The constipation will cause you to not lose as much weight too. You probably lost a lot more then it seems you did, but then got constipated from the meds and are retaining some "weight" that will go away when you are finally off of the pain meds.

I'm glad to hear you are doing better though.

Tonya

Jen's Weigh-In for Monday 6/18/07 - Week 1 after surgery

Jen's Weigh-In for Monday 6/18/07January 1, 2006: *209.8*LAST WEEK'S WEIGHT: 207.8

THIS WEEK'S WEIGHT: 201.4LBS LOST OR GAINED THIS WEEK: LOSS of 6.4 lbs

MILEAGE (based on 1 mile = 15 mins): N/ATOTAL MINUTES OF EXERCISE: N/A

5% Weight Loss Goal:199.3110% Weight Loss Goal: 188.82

Waist Goal: 30 inches

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT RANGE: 97 - 123 lbs

When I got on the scale this morning I was VERY disappointed because the day of the surgery I weighed 204.8 lbs and I thought that I should weigh under 200 lbs because of all I've been through. And my measurements for my upper abs, lower abs and belly were the same!

Then, I thought about it and realized that I should just be going by my normal Monday weigh-in weight because all day Monday I had to do a prep for my surgery so that's why I weighed so little on Tuesday morning before surgery.

I'm still upset about not being under 200 lbs and about my measurements not getting smaller.... I guess I will ask my Dr. when I see her this Thursday.

I just think that after they took all of that crap "Tom, Dick & Harry," that I should weigh under 200 lbs and have lost a couple of inches!!!

Jen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Tonya, since I have a whole new stomach and not much of an appetite, I'm interested in changing the way I eat. I don't want to count anything but I would appreciate it if you could send me tips on what to eat and how often to eat it (every 3 or 4 hours??) Thanks for any help you can give me, Jen Tonya - <trainingwithtonya@...> wrote: Kris, Don't worry about me. You'd never be a dissappointment! No program is perfect for everyone. I don't expect everyone to be able to stick to it perfectly. Do you think there is a way I could simplify it that would help you? Tonya L. -, CPTwww.smellabella.comwww.trainingwithtonya.com Re: Kris / fessing up (long) Thanks I've missed you guys too so so much. I hated seeing the emails piling up cuz i was too ashamed to admit i was struggling this bad.I haven't been treated for depression by a doctor but i've dealt with low periods like this my whole life and i always bounce back once i give myself a good talking to and focus my energies in the right direction. Confessing felt really good though i'm just afraid i've disappointed Tonya :(Exercising tonight felt really good though. It was almost like 'coming

home'. It wasn't too bad but i picked a hella easy workout so i wouldn't feel like a lardbutt :)Thanks for the never ending supportHugsKrisPink Pussycat <pinkpussycatpinkpussycatscorner> wrote: Kris, we've missed you! I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so blue and out of sorts. Have you been treated for depression before? I lived in a hole for a year once and know how blah and hopeless things can seem. Exercise is wonderful in that it stimulates a chemical in the brain that has properties similar to that of Prozac. Please don't beat yourself up about it. Every day is an opportunity for a new beginning. I too have to write to the group and say what I'm going to do the next day to help hold

me accountable because I lack discipline sometimes too! Let us know how we can help! Hugs, kris alcs <chromechairs > wrote: Hey guys,I've been absent for some time.I've not been in the least selective about eating and i haven't worked out in a while (i'm not sure how long) I followed Tonya's plan for a week and some and all the eating really freaked me out and i just couldn't eat that often or pay that much attention to always figuring out what to eat and when. I don't doubt that it works. I did lose a couple pounds. But i was feeling really overwhelmed and scared that it wouldn't work. I'm sorry Tonya. I feel like i failed so bad. I'm keeping your work out plan because i love it, but the food plan is a bit too

much for me right now. (who knows for the future)My anxiety which i thought i'd managed to kick and it's been gone for some years, came flying right back at me and i really thought i'd lose it this time. I was ready to end my relationship (hotdam that man just will not let me quit HA! bless him) and just hide. I think i stayed in bed for an entire week (save for showering n housework max) I stuffed my workout shoes into the back of my closet and pushed my dvds out of site, I cleaned out my art studio and i haven't been in there for weeks. I cancelled plans for my art show too.I feel like a bit of a freak at the moment because i'm re evaluating everything and feeling very lost in my own life. I feel like a child i can't tell myself no! I can't make myself do something. The one time i did attempt to workout i got dressed and worked out for all of five mins before punching - yes, punching the power button till it came off.I hate feeling like this, the only

way out is to re discipline myself. Jen sent me a card yesterday that said ' please come back to the group i miss you' To me it read 'Kris, come back to yourself, you miss you.' and i DO i miss me. Fessing up this honest is super hard for me. I'm the together girl, the one my friends come to for help and advice so being this much of a mess is so embarrassing and so not ok to me. They have no clue that anything is going on with me...thats another issue in itself but i won't go into that here.So here's my new plan for accountability.Sorry if i drive you nuts posting my dailies but i'm never one for consistency or accountability or discipline really (my mom let us do any and everything even when she said no so discipline is something i've had to teach myself over and over and man if i was my kid i'd smack myself! ) So i'd really appreciate any nagging anyone wants to give me till i can nag myself (Jen - this is your area of expertise)I'm not 'cutting out'

anything. I'm reducing portions and try to make smarter choices if and when i feel like it.(i'll get rid of this brattiness at some point)Try to get more veggie and fruit - i love it i just never eat them enough.I'm aiming to work out three times a week for at least 40 mins.(two short turbo jams or ybb hip hop abs)Drink my water.I'm not giving myself too many initial guidelines because i get hot and sweaty about things and then i quit. Its not about losing weight for my friend's wedding (like so many of you said) its about my life and saving it.I think one of my major problems is that i always think in terms of time - lose 30 lbs in 5 months bla bla bla. NopeBUT ....i'm choosing to lose 5 lbs however long it takes me. Then when that 5 lb leaves, i'll choose to lose 5 more and so on. No time, so i won't feel like a failure and hopefully i can end this ridiculous cycle.I spent too much time hating myself deep down. I'm forgiving myself,

TODAY. I love myself, TODAY.Thanks for whoever read up to this point i knew it was going to be long but not this long sorry!HugsKris.p.s. i'm sorry for not participating i have some reading to do to begin getting caught up. I've been a bad group member and friend i truly am sorry and i do love you guys Oodles of juicy!http://www.webgrl.org Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Autos new Car Finder tool. Oodles of juicy!http://www.webgrl.org Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles.Visit the Auto Green Center.

• 3 months later...

tonya! you were in another car accident?! OMG! i glad that you

are ok but so sorry to hear that koti is not :( is she in the

hospital, then? how awful !! hang in there tonya... i will send

healing vibes to your dd {{{{ koti }}}}

:*carolyn.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, for some reason people keep wanting to hit me! LOL Koti isn't in the hospital anymore. We're home now with prescription motrin and ice packs. She goes back to the doctor (chiropractor) on the 21st. We've got her on home bound services for school because I don't want her to accidentally get bumped while walking through the halls. Hopefully, the chiropractor will be able to do an adjustment on the 21st. He couldn't do one the other day because there was just too much inflammation. But we're definitely on the way to getting her feeling better.

Tonya L. -www.smellabella.comwww.trainingwithtonya.com

Re: tonya

tonya! you were in another car accident?! OMG! i glad that you are ok but so sorry to hear that koti is not :( is she in the hospital, then? how awful !! hang in there tonya... i will send healing vibes to your dd {{{{ koti }}}}:*carolyn.

AMEN! My DH and I have said that we can't wait for 2007 to be over because it has totally sucked! LOL

Throw my hugs and prayers in with Carolyn's Tonya! It seems likeyou've had a really rough couple of years and DANG you deserve a breakalready! Healing salves,

Oh my gosh, didn't know you were in (another) car accident! Glad to hear that you and Koti are home and relatively OK.Take care and be careful out there.cyber hugs,Vennitta

Yeah, for some reason people keep wanting to hit me! LOL Koti isn't in the hospital anymore. We're home now with prescription motrin and ice packs. She goes back to the doctor (chiropractor) on the 21st. We've got her on home bound services for school because I don't want her to accidentally get bumped while walking through the halls. Hopefully, the chiropractor will be able to do an adjustment on the 21st. He couldn't do one the other day because there was just too much inflammation. But we're definitely on the way to getting her feeling better.

tonya! you were in another car accident?! OMG! i glad that you are ok but so sorry to hear that koti is not :( is she in the hospital, then? how awful !! hang in there tonya... i will send healing vibes to your dd {{{{ koti }}}}:*carolyn.

__,_._,___

-- Get Fit! Weight loss will follow

well here's to 2008 being tonya's year!!! you know we have had them times. the whole year was crap then the following year it was like raining miracles! i certainly believe this is your time!!kassiaPink Pussycat wrote: Tonya I'm so sorry to hear this! You've had a very

rough year!Hugs, ldy_solana's domain Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don’t want to impress people they don’t like.-Will __________________________________________________

• 3 years later...

This person's email was obviously hijacked. I've received at least 4 messages

of this type from some of my friends and family who have had their email

hijacked. It's a scam, and most likely NOT by the person whose email was used.

Lois

>

> Dear

> This message may be coming to you as a surprise but I need your help.Few days

back we made an unannounced vacation trip to Span,. Everything was going fine

until last night when we got mugged on our way back to the hotel.They Stole all

our cash,credit cards and cellphones but thank God we still have our lives and

passports.Another shocking thing is that the hotel manager has been unhelpful to

us for reasons I don't know. I'm writing you from a local library..we reported

to the police and after putting down some statements that's the last I heard

from them.I also contacted the consulate and all I keep hearing is they will get

back to us. I need your help ..I need you to loan me some money to settle our

bills so we can get back home tomorrow. I'll refund the money as soon as we get

back let me know if you can get me some money then I'll let you how to get it to

> me.

> Thanks

> Tonya

>

>

>

This person's email was obviously hijacked. I've received at least 4 messages

of this type from some of my friends and family who have had their email

hijacked. It's a scam, and most likely NOT by the person whose email was used.

Lois

>

> Dear

> This message may be coming to you as a surprise but I need your help.Few days

back we made an unannounced vacation trip to Span,. Everything was going fine

until last night when we got mugged on our way back to the hotel.They Stole all

our cash,credit cards and cellphones but thank God we still have our lives and

passports.Another shocking thing is that the hotel manager has been unhelpful to

us for reasons I don't know. I'm writing you from a local library..we reported

to the police and after putting down some statements that's the last I heard

from them.I also contacted the consulate and all I keep hearing is they will get

back to us. I need your help ..I need you to loan me some money to settle our

bills so we can get back home tomorrow. I'll refund the money as soon as we get

back let me know if you can get me some money then I'll let you how to get it to

> me.

> Thanks

> Tonya

>

>

>