made any " resolutions " for Lent - but I thought of a

good one today. For lent I'm going to give up

gossiping and saying bad things about other people. I

try not to do that as it is - but sometimes it just

happens, especially in the work place. I'm going to

try to be concious of it and nip it in the bud! I

usually give up chocolate or something like that, but

i've been working on that all along and thought this

would be a good thing to do to make me a nicer person!

Take care,

Donna

--- nancydewolf <nancydewolf@...> wrote:

> As usual I am flying around today but I managed to

> get in a quick workout right after the kids got on

> the bus. I did Sansone Walk Firm again. I

> was/am quite stiff today (arthritis flare),

> especially in the hands and not so much knees and

> hips but I did notice my heart rate wasn't up as

> high as it was when I did this the other day (I

> don't have a monitor but could tell, my exertion

> level was different). Of course, the other day I was

> in a not so great mood and really wanted to pound

> out a workout. Today I was trying to work hard but

> also concerned about time and distracted by the many

> things on my plate today so I don't think that

> helped much. I still got sweaty and enjoyed it

> though! I was able to grab a quick shower then

> headed off to the doctor for my annual exam (ick).

> The doc also gave me blood test results and...

> here's why I am forcing myself to exercise when I

> don't want to... my cholesterol was last checked 2

> years ago and was 202. Not terrible but not ideal.

> Doc told me to work at lowering it. Yeah, right.

> Then I decided to lose weight (probably 30 or more

> pounds from that time to now) and exercise (I've

> been working out consistently 3 or more times per

> week for 2 months now and off and on for a few

> months before that) and it is now at

> 162!!!!!!!!!!!!! My good cholesterol is also nice

> and high (which it was before too so the docs

> weren't too concerned 2 years ago). SO cool! She

> says I'm in excellent shape (and thin, but not too

> thin, that's the 2nd time someone has called me thin

> in the last two weeks! I used to be called " chubby "

> when I was in school, this is fun!). Some of my

> blood work was a little low but that might have been

> due to other factors around the time I had the blood

> drawn so I have to back in 4-6 weeks to have it

> redrawn but nothing to be concerned about at this

> time. Okay, now I'm off to finish DD's closet work,

> pick up DS at school, take DD to Daisy Girl Scouts,

> bring DS home to do homework, go get DD and bring

> her home and then have dinner (already in the

> crockpot thankfully) and maybe, if DH and DS are

> home early enough from a Cub Scout activity, go to

> church for Ash Wednesday (I don't particular like

> having ashes put on my forehead but am just feeling

> a need for quiet contemplation... or quiet of any

> kind is maybe what I need!!!).

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Bored stiff? Loosen up...

Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games.

http://games./games/front

Guest guest

Hi Donna!

Thank you very much!! I'm so glad to hear your cholesterol is great too! Being healthy is so much fun, I was thinking that earlier! I love it!

I had completely forgotten about anything beyond Ash Wednesday... it has been one of those days where I can't think far beyond this minute or I get completely off track! I had a minister a few years ago that suggested instead of giving up something for Lent, that we take on something. Like reading a spiritual book, praying for someone who bugs the heck out of you (actually my DH suggested I do that and I did and it worked, no it wasn't him who was bugging me, it made me much more relaxed with the person) or anything else that helps bring you closer to God. The idea was that sometimes giving things up turns into an ego thing and doesn't help you prepare for Easter. If it works for you though, especially giving up gossiping or saying bad things about people (and I know how hard it is sometimes, the second is a daily struggle for me I think!) then great! Now you've got me thinking and I need to find something probably to take on... besides my wonderful workouts! Actually, I just remembered, I'm taking a class on Saturday afternoons where you really delve into your spiritual journey, where you've been, where you are and where you are headed. It starts this weekend. Okay, I've taken something on (it sounds like a pretty intense class, but really neat too).

And, to get this back on topic in a related vein... tomorrow is my last yoga class. I'm going to miss it so much but with the way my schedule is for the next couple of months I'd have to miss too many classes to make up easily so I don't want to mess with it. I'm surprised at how much I enjoy it!! I really like the instructor a lot too. I always thought of yoga as saying "ommm" and bending yourself into bizarre pretzel type shapes. I also thought of it as "new age" but have found it to be very peaceful, spiritual, and I love feeling my body stretch and gain flexibility from it. I have a few yoga tapes and previewed one last night (I think it is called Total Yoga). It was a Hatha-Vinyasa style and the flow was too fast for me at this point though it did look good otherwise so I'll look forward to working my way towards it. There was a guy and a woman showing the poses (with a voice over) and the guy showed the modified for pretzel people poses. He was so amazingly flexible, I didn't realize the human body could (learn to I assume) do some of those things! I also have Yoga for Beginners and Yoga for Weight Loss. All 3 are from Gaiam. I got them at a garage sale. I did the beginner one once before I started my class but haven't looked at it since. Haven't looked at the other one yet but the box does say it shows modifications for the completely tight, slightly flexible and more flexible. I think the beginner tape will be much more comfortable for me now so I look forward to doing that soon. I'll be back to free Thursday mornings so maybe I'll just do my own yoga workouts on Thursday mornings until I can get back to taking the classes.

Okay, rambling now and DD needs to be put to bed!

Re: Wednesday workout

Hi ,Great job on the workout and excellent news from theDoc! My cholesterol is around where yours is - it isamazing what proper diet and exercise can do - isn'tit?! Cool!I can't believe it is Ash Wed. already. I haven'tmade any "resolutions" for Lent - but I thought of agood one today. For lent I'm going to give upgossiping and saying bad things about other people. Itry not to do that as it is - but sometimes it justhappens, especially in the work place. I'm going totry to be concious of it and nip it in the bud! Iusually give up chocolate or something like that, buti've been working on that all along and thought thiswould be a good thing to do to make me a nicer person!Take care,Donna--- nancydewolf <nancydewolfsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:> As usual I am flying around today but I managed to> get in a quick workout right after the kids got on> the bus. I did Sansone Walk Firm again. I> was/am quite stiff today (arthritis flare),> especially in the hands and not so much knees and> hips but I did notice my heart rate wasn't up as> high as it was when I did this the other day (I> don't have a monitor but could tell, my exertion> level was different). Of course, the other day I was> in a not so great mood and really wanted to pound> out a workout. Today I was trying to work hard but> also concerned about time and distracted by the many> things on my plate today so I don't think that> helped much. I still got sweaty and enjoyed it> though! I was able to grab a quick shower then> headed off to the doctor for my annual exam (ick).> The doc also gave me blood test results and...> here's why I am forcing myself to exercise when I> don't want to... my cholesterol was last checked 2> years ago and was 202. Not terrible but not ideal.> Doc told me to work at lowering it. Yeah, right.> Then I decided to lose weight (probably 30 or more> pounds from that time to now) and exercise (I've> been working out consistently 3 or more times per> week for 2 months now and off and on for a few> months before that) and it is now at> 162!!!!!!!!!!!!! My good cholesterol is also nice> and high (which it was before too so the docs> weren't too concerned 2 years ago). SO cool! She> says I'm in excellent shape (and thin, but not too> thin, that's the 2nd time someone has called me thin> in the last two weeks! I used to be called "chubby"> when I was in school, this is fun!). Some of my> blood work was a little low but that might have been> due to other factors around the time I had the blood> drawn so I have to back in 4-6 weeks to have it> redrawn but nothing to be concerned about at this> time. Okay, now I'm off to finish DD's closet work,> pick up DS at school, take DD to Daisy Girl Scouts,> bring DS home to do homework, go get DD and bring> her home and then have dinner (already in the> crockpot thankfully) and maybe, if DH and DS are> home early enough from a Cub Scout activity, go to> church for Ash Wednesday (I don't particular like> having ashes put on my forehead but am just feeling> a need for quiet contemplation... or quiet of any> kind is maybe what I need!!!).> > __________________________________________________________Bored stiff? Loosen up... Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games.http://games./games/front

Guest guest

Today was a cardio day. Not a lot of time because I work at my daughter's school in the morning doing visual motor and gross motor skills with the kids (not gross as in disgusting by the way) plus I had to work this afternoon (I finished my Weight Watchers receptionist training and I am an official staff person)! Anyway, I managed to get in a 30 minute workout with doing Walk & Kick. I needed something a little different than the regular walking videos but nothing too mentally challenging so this worked perfectly for me. I got done with work early enough to get another workout in but was really tired that I chose to just do things around the house instead and am fine with that decision. I cannot believe I was actually tempted to do another 30 minute or so workout though. I am in a parallel universe, I'm sure of it! :-)

Tomorrow should be strength but it is Thursday so that means it is yoga class! Hooray! I don't know what I'm going to do when my kids are out of school for the summer (go to an evening or weekend class or just use my videos I guess, I really like this instructor though, sigh). I'll do strength again on Friday after working in DS's classroom. I like having this much of a plan (what kind of workout I'm going to do on a given day). This is working well so far (week 2 of it).

Am behind on email and have a project to do for a class I'm taking so really should shut down my email program and browser and just leave up Word... we'll see. You might hear from me more later anyway though! :-)

Guest guest

Thanks Kassia!!! :-)

Re: Wednesday workout

hi nancy,

congrats on your new job with WW. even better on getting cardio in even though you have a packed schedule.

kassia

Don't pick lemons.See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.

Guest guest

I can tell I would love this one. Good job !

On Nov 2, 2011 6:48 AM, <fitgrl222@...> wrote:

Good morning!

I got up and did Cathe's Cardio Super Sets.  I was going to modify all the exercises where she went down to the floor, but decided to do the whole thing " as is " first so at least I can say I did it lol.    I did have to modify with the disks because my furniture movers would just not work.  I actually enjoyed how I did everything without the FM.  But I want to say that I did try it once with them and stopped as soon as I realized I couldn't use them.

1- Squat into front kick 8 lb

Functional Press overhead  8 lb

2- Kick box kicks

Pushups extending arm- toes

3- Sumo squats

Lateral lunge

4- Puddle jumpers

Traveling pushups - toes  (these weren't bad at all, but I couldn't go as wide because of space)

5- Cross country skiing  ( disks)  I didn't use anything I just did scissor legs with the same arm movement.  Yes, I was jumping, but it felt great.

Prisoner squats

6- Slow mountain climbers  (disks)  I did them with just my knees coming in.  Same thing, just without annoyance of the silly FM slipping off.

Side lateral lunge circling with 8 lb DB

7- Jumping jacks w/ lunges  (disks)  I did regular jumping jacks and then did knee ins for each side.  Again, I liked my version better lol.

Squat & Pivot (disk)  I didn't use anything just kept my legs straight and squated with 8 lb

8- Momentum lunges (disk) again I just did side to side lunges.

Planks w/leg out side to side  (disks)  I tried the FM and they slipped off right away so I just turned my leg out to the side as they went to the side and then did the knee ins when they brought both legs in.  Worked fine for me!!!

That part of the worked stopped here, but I added on the Bonus Step.  She does the same basic stuff, but just on the step and she repeats each two exercises twice.  This could be a workout in its self.

I have to say, I really liked this one and I did OK with going down to the floor though I didn't like it.  I might modify more in the future with the plank stuff, but I wanted to at least do it with her the first time.

I burned 474 calories, avg 142, max 166 and the workout was an hour and 5 minutes.

Have a great day!~