RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: tight cast

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Man, we've never had issues with Ian's cast getting too tight (although, I have noticed his hips looking red the last few days). Hopefully he'll do okay in the brace. Be sure to post about how that all goes. I hate thinking of the brace being so tight :(.

Noelle (12-2-01)Ian (8-15-04)

tight cast

Jake is getting his cast cut off this coming Wednesday, and it cannot come soon enough. He's complaining that his tummy hurts again. He does this at the end of each cast. He also has trouble breathing at the end of each cast as that 2 month time frame quickly closes. I took him in to his pedi today because he's running a fever, breathing shallow breaths, and has a dog-like cough. Doc said something is brewing; lungs sound junky but not pneumonia yet. He is at risk for pneumonia as cast is now too tight, and he cannot cough adequately enough to clear his lungs out. He's back on his nebulizer every 4 hours and came home with a prescription for amoxicillin.

I'm concerned this will be a continuing issue (as well as the recurring reflux) even though we go into brace next. The brace is sooo much tighter than the cast. :-(

Always worried about something,

mom to and Jake

Get amazing travel prices for air and hotel in one click on FareChase

Guest guest

- I feel for you, we also went through that at the end of our casts. Her tummy hole and the hole on her back were so small that they had trouble trying to listen to her lungs. The first time we took her to the ER and they actually prescribed her an inhaler (hello, she was 6 months old????). Since that didn't work for her I took her to her ped. and they put her on liquid albuterol, which still didn't help. Finally they listened to me and prescribed her some steroids, and within 3 days she was fine. But it did happen to her at the end of every cast too. Then I would be worried that they wouldn't be able to recast her due to breathing and coughing issues, but luckily she always passed the test. We are in a brace now for the summer and although it does still seem snug we have been lucky not to have any problems with breathing yet. But I must say after 6 months straight of

casts, you really do appreciate everytime you get to give your little one a real bath. Good luck to you and Jake, , mom of Evanlee & is (1 year) Viveiros <jviv314@...> wrote: Jake is getting his cast cut off this coming Wednesday, and it cannot come soon enough. He's complaining that his tummy hurts again. He does this at the end of each cast. He also has trouble breathing at the end of each cast as that 2 month time frame quickly closes. I took him in to his pedi today because he's running a fever, breathing shallow breaths, and has a dog-like cough. Doc said something is brewing; lungs sound junky but not pneumonia yet. He is at risk for pneumonia as cast is now too tight, and he cannot cough

adequately enough to clear his lungs out. He's back on his nebulizer every 4 hours and came home with a prescription for amoxicillin. I'm concerned this will be a continuing issue (as well as the recurring reflux) even though we go into brace next. The brace is sooo much tighter than the cast. :-( Always worried about something, mom to and Jake Get amazing travel prices for air and hotel in one click on FareChase Jim and Abercrombie

New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

Guest guest

Almost took Jake to the ER last night to get his cast cut off, but husband talked me out of it. Jake was throwing up all day yesterday due to postnasal drip and ran a fever of 101.5 in addition to the coughing. He has eaten hardly anything in past 2-3 days, and it's hard to get him to drink. He wouldn't sleep all day and just cried, cried, cried. He is busting out of this cast. Today he did slightly better and has no temp, but I was near hysterical last night. Still not sleeping though. At this rate -- Wednesday feels so far away. Poor Jake is miserable. Counting the seconds, mom to and Jake Claflin <noellesmommy@...> wrote: Man, we've never had issues with Ian's cast getting too tight (although, I have noticed his hips looking red the last few days). Hopefully he'll do okay in the brace. Be sure to post about how that all goes. I hate thinking of the brace being so tight :(. Noelle (12-2-01)Ian (8-15-04) tight cast Jake is getting his cast cut off this coming Wednesday, and it cannot come soon enough. He's complaining that his tummy hurts again. He does this at the end of each cast. He also has trouble breathing at the end of each cast as that 2 month time frame quickly closes. I took him in to his pedi today because he's running a fever, breathing shallow breaths, and has a dog-like cough. Doc said something is brewing; lungs sound junky but not pneumonia yet. He is at risk for pneumonia as cast is now too tight, and he cannot cough adequately enough to clear his lungs out. He's back on his nebulizer every 4 hours and came home with a prescription for amoxicillin. I'm concerned this will be a continuing issue (as well as the recurring reflux) even though we go into brace

next. The brace is sooo much tighter than the cast. :-( Always worried about something, mom to and Jake Get amazing travel prices for air and hotel in one click on FareChase

Guest guest

Awww, poor Jake! I'm sorry he's having such a rough time. I hope he gets some relief soon. I'm really anxious to hear how the brace fitting goes and how you like the orthotist and/or ortho at Boston. One good thing is that you won't have to drive far.

Noelle (12-2-01)Ian (8-15-04)

tight cast

Jake is getting his cast cut off this coming Wednesday, and it cannot come soon enough. He's complaining that his tummy hurts again. He does this at the end of each cast. He also has trouble breathing at the end of each cast as that 2 month time frame quickly closes. I took him in to his pedi today because he's running a fever, breathing shallow breaths, and has a dog-like cough. Doc said something is brewing; lungs sound junky but not pneumonia yet. He is at risk for pneumonia as cast is now too tight, and he cannot cough adequately enough to clear his lungs out. He's back on his nebulizer every 4 hours and came home with a prescription for amoxicillin.

I'm concerned this will be a continuing issue (as well as the recurring reflux) even though we go into brace next. The brace is sooo much tighter than the cast. :-(

mom to and Jake

Guest guest

Sorry, your little guy is so miserable. Dealing with fever, body aches, and a tight cast must be horrible. How is he this morning? Any skin breakdown anywhere, that you can see?

HRH

tight cast

mom to and Jake

Guest guest

Today was a better day. He's still not eating or drinking much, and he's pretty lethargic and cranky. I don't see any skin breakdown, thank goodness. Thank you for asking, heather hyatt <heather@...> wrote: , Sorry, your little guy is so miserable. Dealing with fever, body aches, and a tight cast must be horrible. How is he this morning? Any skin breakdown anywhere, that you can see? HRH tight cast Jake is getting his cast cut off this coming Wednesday, and it cannot come soon enough. He's complaining that his tummy hurts again. He does this at

the end of each cast. He also has trouble breathing at the end of each cast as that 2 month time frame quickly closes. I took him in to his pedi today because he's running a fever, breathing shallow breaths, and has a dog-like cough. Doc said something is brewing; lungs sound junky but not pneumonia yet. He is at risk for pneumonia as cast is now too tight, and he cannot cough adequately enough to clear his lungs out. He's back on his nebulizer every 4 hours and came home with a prescription for amoxicillin. I'm concerned this will be a continuing issue (as well as the recurring reflux) even though we go into brace next. The brace is sooo much tighter than the cast. :-( Always worried about something, mom to and Jake Get amazing travel prices for air and hotel in one click on FareChase Get amazing travel prices for air and hotel in one click on FareChase

Blab-away for as little as 1ยข/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

Can you have the sides flared? Our Dr said this was an option for us if it

started getting too tight.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

<candice_welch85@...> wrote:

>Hey everyone,

>

>we are now at the half way point in cast 6 and its very tight. our Dr made it a

lot tighter then usual and now we have 5 weeks to before we have a cast break

for summer. i know we cant take it off early because his brace wont fit properly

so i was wondering how many people have cut the bottom of the tummy hole in the

last few weeks to give him some room. im asking because at lunch today he had

one bite and the said his tummy hurt and then was sick. i dont think he has the

flu or anything because he was fine after and is ok now. any advice would be

great

>

>

>mommy to Thaddeus 3 yrs in cast 6

>