RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Faculty of Public Health Exams

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Helen, forgot to mention, the course also prepares you to sit Part 1 of the Faculty of Public Health Exams (if you choose that option) which may be the way forward?

aldo

ALDO WILLIAMS Soho Health Centre 30 Soho Square LONDON W1D 3QS

020 7534 6529

Dr of Health Visiting - Scholarships

Totally agree with June, when I was a lecturer/course leader for the health visitor course at Liverpool University I tried my very best to produce students who were not affraid to challenge the establishment and hope that I had a degree of success. As regards the CPHVA (of which I am a reluctant member and only enjoy receiving the journal if I am honest) silence means NO.

On a more positive note. I am currently undertaking a three year 'Doctorate in Health Visiting (Public Health)' at the University of Essex having been successful in changing the course titile from Dr of Nursing to Dr of Helath Visiting (Public Health) thus defending the health visiting corner and playing my part in keeping the health visiting title alive.

For anyone interested in starting their Dr of Health Visiting (Public Health) at the University of Essex this year, they are currently accepting applications for scholarships. Go on to their website http://www.essex.ac.uk or feel free to contact me if anybody wants to ask any questions about the course.

Aldo

ALDO WILLIAMS Soho Health Centre 30 Soho Square LONDON W1D 3QS

020 7534 6529

-----Original Message-----From: junet579@... [mailto:junet579@...]Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2003 11:43 AM Subject: Re: agenda for change, you have just voiced what I have periodic fits of depression about, and which has surfaced again recently, as a colleague has just retired. It is expected that she will be replaced by a newly qualified HV, but what depresses me is that new HVs like so many 'old ones' appear to be so unpolitical/nonspunky, unradical/passive, call it what you will, about the way health visiting is changing for the worse. Or to put it another way, they don't come into the profession and make 'waves' anymore. Or am I maligning new Hvs I have also been reading with interest the comments from Margaret, et al re the way the CPHVA is so unsupportive , and have been waiting for someone from the CPHVA to reply along the lines: 'we're still with health visitors and will fight for your status, paygrading, etc, all the way.' Sadly, the silence from the CPHVA is deafening, and perhaps says it all. June T