RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: MultiPlan Expedited Fee Negotiation Agreement

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've been getting these for a long time now.

If you completely ignore them, you'll get paid in about 2 or 3 weeks.

So the "EXPEDITED" payment is not only a robbery, it's also not that much faster.

I no longer fax back to them. All of their faxes go into the recycle bin. There is nothing in the agreement that says you have to dance with them...

It's just another ploy to see if they can get us to take less and less.

My feeling was if I agrees to, the message I sent was that I was okay to receive less. So I recommend that we all just ignore.

By the way, if you read carefully on some of those expedited fee offers, if you sign the paper you're agreeing to do that for all future claims from you office.

It's bogus. AND I'm guessing they get a % of whatever they save the insurance companies. They surely aren't providing this extraordinary service for free. Makes one think even more that it's a precurser for lower reimbursment as more docs sign the agreement and send it back.

My humble opinion...

Ann DC

Guest guest

I've been getting these for a long time now.

If you completely ignore them, you'll get paid in about 2 or 3 weeks.

So the "EXPEDITED" payment is not only a robbery, it's also not that much faster.

I no longer fax back to them. All of their faxes go into the recycle bin. There is nothing in the agreement that says you have to dance with them...

It's just another ploy to see if they can get us to take less and less.

My feeling was if I agrees to, the message I sent was that I was okay to receive less. So I recommend that we all just ignore.

By the way, if you read carefully on some of those expedited fee offers, if you sign the paper you're agreeing to do that for all future claims from you office.

It's bogus. AND I'm guessing they get a % of whatever they save the insurance companies. They surely aren't providing this extraordinary service for free. Makes one think even more that it's a precurser for lower reimbursment as more docs sign the agreement and send it back.

My humble opinion...

Ann DC

Guest guest

Seth, The one time I agreed to the reduced fees, they sent them to the patient, without notifying us. Then did the patient pay? NOOOO. Now I just tell them to jump in a lake. The pay is the same.

Ann Goldeen

MultiPlan Expedited Fee Negotiation Agreement

I have received a number of these "expedited fee negotiation agreements" from MultiPlan. Interestingly, the first few I got had a wrong number as the contact number to discuss the agreement, so I was not able to talk with somebody about them. The latest one I got had a new phone number so I called. This pertains to billing insurance for out of network providers. MultiPlan is contracted with insurance companies to provide "expedited" reimbursement of claims. I have found that their expedited amount is usually about 30% lower than what I have billed. In a nutshell, they say that you will get a check within 20 days if you agree to a lower reimbursement (e.g. $100 instead of $150) and agree to not bill the patient for the balance. When I spoke to the representative of MultiPlan on the phone today, she indicated that if I do not wish to negotiate, I just fax it back without signing and write "provider does not wish to negotiate" and the insurance company will review the claim and pay eventually. They way the agreement reads, however, makes it sound like signing is the only option and they send you faxes every day or 3-5 times until you do something. There is no EOB or anything like that with this. So, anyway, I thought this was an interesting scheme that insurance companies are evidently using to cut reimbursement amounts on valid claims, hoping providers don't have the time to wait or deal with this claim negotiation. This only pertains to out of network providers evidently. Cheers,Seth Hosmer, DC, CSCS

Guest guest

Seth, The one time I agreed to the reduced fees, they sent them to the patient, without notifying us. Then did the patient pay? NOOOO. Now I just tell them to jump in a lake. The pay is the same.

Ann Goldeen

I have received a number of these "expedited fee negotiation agreements" from MultiPlan. Interestingly, the first few I got had a wrong number as the contact number to discuss the agreement, so I was not able to talk with somebody about them. The latest one I got had a new phone number so I called. This pertains to billing insurance for out of network providers. MultiPlan is contracted with insurance companies to provide "expedited" reimbursement of claims. I have found that their expedited amount is usually about 30% lower than what I have billed. In a nutshell, they say that you will get a check within 20 days if you agree to a lower reimbursement (e.g. $100 instead of $150) and agree to not bill the patient for the balance. When I spoke to the representative of MultiPlan on the phone today, she indicated that if I do not wish to negotiate, I just fax it back without signing and write "provider does not wish to negotiate" and the insurance company will review the claim and pay eventually. They way the agreement reads, however, makes it sound like signing is the only option and they send you faxes every day or 3-5 times until you do something. There is no EOB or anything like that with this. So, anyway, I thought this was an interesting scheme that insurance companies are evidently using to cut reimbursement amounts on valid claims, hoping providers don't have the time to wait or deal with this claim negotiation. This only pertains to out of network providers evidently. Cheers,Seth Hosmer, DC, CSCS

Guest guest

All,

Yes I'm receiving these as well. Did you know that you can call that number and negotiate a 95% payment or any variation you feel ok with. So if you know that it may be a hardship for that particular patient to pay without any reimbursement from the out of network provider, you actually can negotiate it higher than is offered. My office manager got permission from me to do just that and it worked! The payment arrived faster than it would have and the patient had a lower amt to pay. I also advised my billing staff to type into the contract a line that specifies the agreement is for this ONE AND ONLY billing. That is added above the signing line.

Minga Guerrero DC

Minga

In a message dated 5/1/2009 2:36:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, shosmer@... writes:

The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!

Guest guest

All,

Yes I'm receiving these as well. Did you know that you can call that number and negotiate a 95% payment or any variation you feel ok with. So if you know that it may be a hardship for that particular patient to pay without any reimbursement from the out of network provider, you actually can negotiate it higher than is offered. My office manager got permission from me to do just that and it worked! The payment arrived faster than it would have and the patient had a lower amt to pay. I also advised my billing staff to type into the contract a line that specifies the agreement is for this ONE AND ONLY billing. That is added above the signing line.

Minga Guerrero DC

Minga

In a message dated 5/1/2009 2:36:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, shosmer@... writes:

The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!

Guest guest

Hi Seth

We get these request and I like to call the person and ask " Please take

your hat off " .

That is a little confusing and I ask again " Please take your hat off " . When

they say

I'm not wearing a hat, I say that is our position, too. THEN they wake up

and realize

we don't give discounts and the check usually arrives in a few

days...............

Bob

W. Pfeiffer, DC, DABCO

P. O. Box 606

Pendleton Or 97801

541-276-2550

I have received a number of these " expedited fee negotiation agreements "

from MultiPlan. Interestingly, the first few I got had a wrong number as

the contact number to discuss the agreement, so I was not able to talk with

somebody about them.

The latest one I got had a new phone number so I called. This pertains to

billing insurance for out of network providers. MultiPlan is contracted

with insurance companies to provide " expedited " reimbursement of claims. I

have found that their expedited amount is usually about 30% lower than what

I have billed.

In a nutshell, they say that you will get a check within 20 days if you

agree to a lower reimbursement (e.g. $100 instead of $150) and agree to not

bill the patient for the balance.

When I spoke to the representative of MultiPlan on the phone today, she

indicated that if I do not wish to negotiate, I just fax it back without

signing and write " provider does not wish to negotiate " and the insurance

company will review the claim and pay eventually.

They way the agreement reads, however, makes it sound like signing is the

only option and they send you faxes every day or 3-5 times until you do

something. There is no EOB or anything like that with this.

So, anyway, I thought this was an interesting scheme that insurance

companies are evidently using to cut reimbursement amounts on valid claims,

hoping providers don't have the time to wait or deal with this claim

negotiation.

This only pertains to out of network providers evidently.

Cheers,

Seth Hosmer, DC, CSCS

------------------------------------

All posts must adhere to OregonDCs rules located on homepage at:

/

Tell a colleague about OregonDCs! (must be licensed Oregon DC)

Links

Guest guest

Hi Seth

We get these request and I like to call the person and ask " Please take

your hat off " .

That is a little confusing and I ask again " Please take your hat off " . When

they say

I'm not wearing a hat, I say that is our position, too. THEN they wake up

and realize

we don't give discounts and the check usually arrives in a few

days...............

Bob

W. Pfeiffer, DC, DABCO

P. O. Box 606

Pendleton Or 97801

541-276-2550

I have received a number of these " expedited fee negotiation agreements "

from MultiPlan. Interestingly, the first few I got had a wrong number as

the contact number to discuss the agreement, so I was not able to talk with

somebody about them.

The latest one I got had a new phone number so I called. This pertains to

billing insurance for out of network providers. MultiPlan is contracted

with insurance companies to provide " expedited " reimbursement of claims. I

have found that their expedited amount is usually about 30% lower than what

I have billed.

In a nutshell, they say that you will get a check within 20 days if you

agree to a lower reimbursement (e.g. $100 instead of $150) and agree to not

bill the patient for the balance.

When I spoke to the representative of MultiPlan on the phone today, she

indicated that if I do not wish to negotiate, I just fax it back without

signing and write " provider does not wish to negotiate " and the insurance

company will review the claim and pay eventually.

They way the agreement reads, however, makes it sound like signing is the

only option and they send you faxes every day or 3-5 times until you do

something. There is no EOB or anything like that with this.

So, anyway, I thought this was an interesting scheme that insurance

companies are evidently using to cut reimbursement amounts on valid claims,

hoping providers don't have the time to wait or deal with this claim

negotiation.

This only pertains to out of network providers evidently.

Cheers,

Seth Hosmer, DC, CSCS

------------------------------------

All posts must adhere to OregonDCs rules located on homepage at:

/

Tell a colleague about OregonDCs! (must be licensed Oregon DC)

Links