RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Whole Nectar Soy Protein Powder

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Maybe you should share the long story of why you may need a protein supplement if the first place. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Brad WashkowiakSent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:53 AM Subject: Whole Nectar Soy Protein Powder I was at Costco on Sunday and was talking to the vitamix demonstrator. While speaking with him my girlfriend noticed the Whole Nectar Soy Protein Powder and was curious about it. Long story short, we bought it. Today I made her the orange/strawberry smoothie. She only wanted a 1/2 scoop of protein powder. I used the smoothie button on my blendtec and the result was ice cream. I held down the pulse button for about 20 seconds to turn the mixture into a smoothie. The smoothie was very good and her and our 3 1/2 year old daughter enjoyed it. My question is does anyone else use this protein powder? Any suggestions on a cheaper alternatives? Thanks,Brad There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds.

Guest guest

I use it all the time. I have never looked for anything cheaper

Kay

>

> I was at Costco on Sunday and was talking to the vitamix demonstrator.  While

speaking with him my girlfriend noticed the Whole Nectar Soy Protein Powder and

was curious about it.  Long story short, we bought it.  Today I made her the

orange/strawberry smoothie.  She only wanted a 1/2 scoop of protein powder.

> I used the smoothie button on my blendtec and the result was ice cream.  I

held down the pulse button for about 20 seconds to turn the mixture into a

smoothie.  The smoothie was very good and her and our 3 1/2 year old daughter

enjoyed it. 

>

> My question is does anyone else use this protein powder?  Any suggestions on a

cheaper alternatives? 

>

> Thanks,

>

> Brad

>

>

> There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our

natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and

enslaves minds.

>

Guest guest

I use it all the time. I have never looked for anything cheaper

Kay

>

> I was at Costco on Sunday and was talking to the vitamix demonstrator.  While

speaking with him my girlfriend noticed the Whole Nectar Soy Protein Powder and

was curious about it.  Long story short, we bought it.  Today I made her the

orange/strawberry smoothie.  She only wanted a 1/2 scoop of protein powder.

> I used the smoothie button on my blendtec and the result was ice cream.  I

held down the pulse button for about 20 seconds to turn the mixture into a

smoothie.  The smoothie was very good and her and our 3 1/2 year old daughter

enjoyed it. 

>

> My question is does anyone else use this protein powder?  Any suggestions on a

cheaper alternatives? 

>

> Thanks,

>

> Brad

>

>

> There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our

natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and

enslaves minds.

>

Guest guest

I don't feel I need the extra protein. My girlfriend wanted the powder so I bought it. She thinks she may need the extra protein in her diet. I will try a small scoop in my green smoothie to see if I like the texture. I just figured I would ask if anyone used something similar that may be a little cheaper. Thanks,Brad There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds.

Guest guest

I always wonder why people that are not body builders want to take protein supplements since the Vitamix demonstrator was using it in their demo I was wondering what he had to say about it. For myself I feel I get enough protein through whole foods but I guess if you are a vegan or using the Vitamix as a meal replacement protein supplements may be something to think about. As you found out protein supplement are not cheap and I am sure there are others on this board that may have suggestions for you. All the research I have done on the product you purchased, Whole Nectar Soy, seem like a good product. The only problem I have is that they don't sell this anywhere but through their web site that I can find. This company also seems to have a relationship with Vitamix. Lea Ann mentions it on her web site http://blenderlady.com/sweeteners-smoothie-additives/ . At this web site Lea Ann also mentions her favorite protein powder. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Brad WashkowiakSent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:20 PM Subject: Re: Whole Nectar Soy Protein Powder I don't feel I need the extra protein. My girlfriend wanted the powder so I bought it. She thinks she may need the extra protein in her diet. I will try a small scoop in my green smoothie to see if I like the texture. I just figured I would ask if anyone used something similar that may be a little cheaper. Thanks,Brad There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds.

Guest guest

Lots of people that do not eat meat use Protein. It is not just for body

building.

kay

Guest guest

Kay people that don't eat meat generally don't usually need protein supplements as I read either. Since Brad wrote to this group that he bought some protein supplements from a Vitamix demonstrator I was interested in what persuaded him he needed this supplement because I am open to find out more about protein supplements. Like Brad found out these supplements can be very expensive and I am gathering information for myself if protein supplements are necessary for those eating a balanced diet. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of lkbowmanSent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:56 AM Subject: RE: Re: Whole Nectar Soy Protein Powder Lots of people that do not eat meat use Protein. It is not just for body building.kay

Guest guest

On 7/26/2012 12:25 PM, Tom Matuschak

wrote:

I

am gathering information for myself if protein supplements are

necessary for those eating a balanced diet.

If you really want to know, ask for a Total Protein Measurement test

on your next doctor visit and find out.

SJ

Guest guest

SJ thanks for the information. I'll keep that in mind. Have you had one done? Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of sjcSent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:39 PM Subject: Re: Re: Whole Nectar Soy Protein Powder On 7/26/2012 12:25 PM, Tom Matuschak wrote:I am gathering information for myself if protein supplements are necessary for those eating a balanced diet.If you really want to know, ask for a Total Protein Measurement test on your next doctor visit and find out.SJ

Guest guest

I use vitacost whey protein complex because it has no artificial sweeteners--sweetened with stevia.  It's the most natural one I could find for a decent price, and the price is great. http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-whey-protein-complex-powder-with-bcaas

I avoid soy because it can contribute to breast and ovarian cancer in women (depends on the type of cancer, some are " fed " by estrogen and soy

mimics that) and because almost all soy grown in the US is genetically modified.  After watching The Future of Food, I want to avoid that whenever I can.Hemp protein  powder is supposed to be one of the best, but it tastes terrible to me.  Sometimes I mix it with the whey and use it that way.--

Guest guest

Is the negetivity about soy, does it apply to soy milk as well? I cannot drink cows milk and have substituted with soy milk. So was just wondering? Thanks,

From: Bikfalvy <andreamom001@...> Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 2:35 PMSubject: Re: Whole Nectar Soy Protein Powder

I use vitacost whey protein complex because it has no artificial sweeteners--sweetened with stevia. It's the most natural one I could find for a decent price, and the price is great. http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-whey-protein-complex-powder-with-bcaasI avoid soy because it can contribute to breast and ovarian cancer in women (depends on the type of cancer, some are "fed" by estrogen and soy mimics that) and because almost all soy grown in the US is genetically modified. After watching The Future of Food, I want to avoid that whenever I can.Hemp protein powder is supposed to be one of the best, but it tastes terrible to me. Sometimes I mix it with the whey and use it that way.--

Guest guest

Yes, all soy products, including edamame. From: Beth Hall <sewnuty@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:47 PM Subject: Re: Re: Whole Nectar Soy Protein Powder

Is the negetivity about soy, does it apply to soy milk as well? I cannot drink cows milk and have substituted with soy milk. So was just wondering? Thanks,

From: Bikfalvy <andreamom001@...> Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 2:35 PMSubject: Re: Whole Nectar Soy Protein Powder

I use vitacost whey protein complex because it has no artificial sweeteners--sweetened with stevia. It's the most natural one I could find for a decent price, and the price is great. http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-whey-protein-complex-powder-with-bcaasI avoid soy because it can contribute to breast and ovarian cancer in women (depends on the type of cancer, some are "fed" by estrogen and soy mimics that) and because almost all soy grown in the US is genetically modified. After watching The Future of Food, I want to avoid that whenever I can.Hemp protein powder is supposed to be one of the best, but it tastes terrible to me. Sometimes I mix it with the whey and use it that way.--

Guest guest

<<Is the negetivity about soy, does it apply to soy milk as well? I cannot

drink cows milk and have substituted with soy milk. So was just wondering? Thanks, >>Yes, soymilk is made from soy.  My aunt was a 10+ year breast cancer survivor and began drinking soymilk every day.  The cancer came back and invaded her bones and she died.  My mom is convinced it was because of the soymilk.  Who knows.  (Her cancer was the kind that feeds on estrogen, though, so soymilk was not a good idea.)  If you buy organic soy, it may be GMO-free, however.  If the hormone is not a concern, organic soy may be fine. 

Have you tried almond milk or coconut milk or rice milk?  Almond milk is easy to make at home, too.  http://losinitwithpink.blogspot.com/2012/02/make-your-own-almond-milk.html

--

Guest guest

Thank you so much. I am printing off the almond milk recipe and will change to almond milk instead.

From: Bikfalvy <andreamom001@...> Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 10:43 AMSubject: Re: Whole Nectar Soy Protein Powder

<<Is the negetivity about soy, does it apply to soy milk as well? I cannot drink cows milk and have substituted with soy milk. So was just wondering? Thanks, >>Yes, soymilk is made from soy. My aunt was a 10+ year breast cancer survivor and began drinking soymilk every day. The cancer came back and invaded her bones and she died. My mom is convinced it was because of the soymilk. Who knows. (Her cancer was the kind that feeds on estrogen, though, so soymilk was not a good idea.) If you buy organic soy, it may be GMO-free, however. If the hormone is not a concern, organic soy may be fine. Have you tried almond milk or coconut milk or rice milk? Almond milk is easy to make at home, too. http://losinitwithpink.blogspot.com/2012/02/make-your-own-almond-milk.html--