Guest guest

Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

I know I have read of studies using fish oil to help treat

ADD/ADHD. You could probably do a google search and find out more. I

think a good fish oil supplement is a good idea for overall health

anyway unless you are already eating a large amount of fish.

Congratulations to your son on getting his license!--Adrien

>

> Being rather new to the group, I have been reading a lot about fish

> oils etc.etc. I know nothing about all of this,would like to know

> more. Specifically, if I could find something to help our 23 year

old

> son who mostly contends with ADD. He does not want to take

> meds, we have tried diff. ones but with no real " breakthroughs " .

> About 2 months ago he got his private pilot's license, so

prescription

> meds are out of the question. He does fine with hands on stuff but

> organization skills and study skills are extremely difficult.

> Any ideas for us????

> Thanks,

> F

>

Guest guest

I hear that is not a good prognosis, but as far as the biopsy goes, sometimes they do not get enough tissue or from the right spot MelSharon Crosby <blubirdxoxo@...> wrote: Hi, I have a question. I have a friend whose daughter has been diagnosed with Primary Bileary Cirrhosis??? I hope I've got this right. Years ago, a first biopsy showed the disease. A follow up second opinion and biopsy showed "inconclusive results". 1. What is this disease?2. Is the difference between

the biopsies because of the specimen being taken from different parts of the liver? I've always thought (and been told) that the biopsy results are CONCLUSIVE. So, I'm pretty confused about this diagnosis and so is my friend.Sharon __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Oh Sharon, I truely HOPE she does NOT have PBC! Its WORSE than HCV! There is NO REAL TX for it and the only thing one can do is to transplant! There is some meds that you have to take that helps slow down the process but it never stops it! They do a blood test to diagnose PBC and I had to have that done after I had my gallbladder removed because they did a biopsy at that point and the pathologist suggested that it could be what was wrong with my liver! Just google it and you can read all about it! It scared the heck out of me and I was SOOOO glad when my test came back negative!Sharon Crosby <blubirdxoxo@...> wrote: Hi, I have a question. I have a friend whose daughter has been diagnosed with Primary Bileary Cirrhosis??? I hope I've got this right. Years ago, a first biopsy showed the disease. A follow up second opinion and biopsy showed "inconclusive results". 1. What is this disease?2. Is the difference between the biopsies because of the specimen being taken from different parts of the liver? I've always thought (and been told) that the biopsy results are CONCLUSIVE. So, I'm pretty confused about this diagnosis and so is my friend.SharonJackie

Guest guest

Jackie, I don't know her personally, but am told the first biopsy occurred 8 years ago and they told her she would need a transplant. Of course, she went for a second opinion to U of W doctors, considered very good docs. They took another biopsy and said the results are inconclusive, what ever that means. It's been 7 years since then and this relatively young woman is still in good health, so I don't know what's going on. I DO hope she has been given a bad diagnosis. I DON'T know if she's done any follow up at all. SharonJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Oh Sharon, I truely HOPE she does NOT have PBC! Its WORSE than HCV! There is NO REAL TX for it and the only thing one can do is to transplant! There is some meds that you have to

take that helps slow down the process but it never stops it! They do a blood test to diagnose PBC and I had to have that done after I had my gallbladder removed because they did a biopsy at that point and the pathologist suggested that it could be what was wrong with my liver! Just google it and you can read all about it! It scared the heck out of me and I was SOOOO glad when my test came back negative! __________________________________________________

Guest guest

well IT DOES sound like she was given a bad diagnosis,, I had to have a blood test to determine if I had it or not,, not the biopsy... has she been tested for Hep C too? She would be taking Ursodol if she had PBC,, I think that is the name of the med for that,, it does sound like they made a mistake tho,, thank Goodness! jaxSharon Crosby <blubirdxoxo@...> wrote: Jackie, I don't know her personally, but am told the first biopsy occurred 8 years ago and they told her she would need

a transplant. Of course, she went for a second opinion to U of W doctors, considered very good docs. They took another biopsy and said the results are inconclusive, what ever that means. It's been 7 years since then and this relatively young woman is still in good health, so I don't know what's going on. I DO hope she has been given a bad diagnosis. I DON'T know if she's done any follow up at all. SharonJackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Oh Sharon, I truely HOPE she does NOT have PBC! Its WORSE than HCV! There is NO REAL TX for it and the only thing one can do is to transplant! There is some meds that you have to take that helps slow down the process but it never stops it! They do a blood test to diagnose PBC and I had to have that done after I had my

gallbladder removed because they did a biopsy at that point and the pathologist suggested that it could be what was wrong with my liver! Just google it and you can read all about it! It scared the heck out of me and I was SOOOO glad when my test came back negative! __________________________________________________

Guest guest

well IT DOES sound like she was given a bad diagnosis,, I had to have a blood test to determine if I had it or not,, not the biopsy... has she been tested for Hep C too? She would be taking Ursodol if she had PBC,, I think that is the name of the med for that,, it does sound like they made a mistake tho,, thank Goodness! jaxSharon Crosby <blubirdxoxo@...> wrote: Jackie, I don't know her personally, but am told the first biopsy occurred 8 years ago and they told her she would need

a transplant. Of course, she went for a second opinion to U of W doctors, considered very good docs. They took another biopsy and said the results are inconclusive, what ever that means. It's been 7 years since then and this relatively young woman is still in good health, so I don't know what's going on. I DO hope she has been given a bad diagnosis. I DON'T know if she's done any follow up at all. SharonJackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Oh Sharon, I truely HOPE she does NOT have PBC! Its WORSE than HCV! There is NO REAL TX for it and the only thing one can do is to transplant! There is some meds that you have to take that helps slow down the process but it never stops it! They do a blood test to diagnose PBC and I had to have that done after I had my

gallbladder removed because they did a biopsy at that point and the pathologist suggested that it could be what was wrong with my liver! Just google it and you can read all about it! It scared the heck out of me and I was SOOOO glad when my test came back negative! __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi ,

>>Ok here is goes. I hope I dont sound to crazy but what does dd, ds nt

nd ns etc. mean? I understand its something about daughter and son

but dont get the rest of it. Thanks,<<

DD, DS, DH = dear daughter/son/husband

NT = neurotypical (ie not autistic)

See: http://isnt.autistics.org/

It kind of started life as a joke, but is used by most in the ASD field

these days - you may even see it in published papers!

in England

Guest guest

what about dh???krbenglish <krbenglish@...> wrote: Ok here is goes. I hope I dont sound to crazy but what does dd, ds nt nd ns etc. mean? I understand its something about daughter and son but dont get the rest of it. Thanks,May God Bless You and Keep You All,OKC,OK

Guest guest

No, I grew up in Ontario, Canada

-- question

Estevan, SaskatchewanCanada>>

** I saw the above signature on this list. I have a family we have known for years and their daughter went to the same high school as my husband. She is on the high school reunion web site and I have gone on that site. She now lives in CANADA, but not sure where, I thought in SASKATCHWAN. I am not sure how to spell it. Anyway, she has an Autistic son who is a teenager. She has mentioned him on the list.

This is not the same is it? She grew up in ILLINOIS near my husband and her maiden name is GUNN? Is that you WENDY?

in IL

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

Guest guest

its like short hand to make it faster to get information.

dd= dear daughter

ds= dear son

dh= dear husband

dw dear wife

nt = neurological normal - referred to as not diagnosed with anything

AS= Aspergers syndrome

sp=speech therapy

ot=occupational therapy

pt=physical therapy

hth= hope this helps

I don't know nd or ns not sure I have seen them used.

if you ever do not know one just ask, some one will chime in and help out.

Greta

krbenglish wrote:

>

> Ok here is goes. I hope I dont sound to crazy but what does dd, ds nt

> nd ns etc. mean? I understand its something about daughter and son

> but dont get the rest of it. Thanks,

>

> May God Bless You and Keep You All

> ,OKC,OK

>

>

Guest guest

Here's a great list I keep in a file, hope it helps more than one!

Acronyms and Their Meaningslast updated 1/2003 Please feel free to suggest additions to the group. ABA Applied Behavioral Analysis ABC Autism Behavior Checklist AC Autistic CousinAD/HD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity DisorderADD Attention Deficit DisorderAFAIK "As Far As I Know" AFGO "Another Fine Growth Opportunity" (sarcastic: means a difficult problem to solve) APD Auditory Processing DisorderAS Aspergers SyndromeASD Autistic Spectrum DisordersBD Behavioral DisorderBIL brother-in-lawBP BipolarBTW by the wayCAPD Central Auditory Processing DisorderCD Conduct DisorderCP Cerebral PalsyCPS Child Protective ServicesDAN Defeat Autism Now!DD Developmental Disorder (rely somewhat on context)DD dear daughter (rely somewhat on context)DH dear husbandDIL daughter-in-lawDS dear sonDSM-IV Diagnostic Statistical Manual (edition IV) - the current version of a manual outlining psychological conditions DSI Dysfunction of Sensory Integration (see also SID)DW dear wife DX DiagnosisECSE Early Childhood Special EducationED Emotional DisorderEBD Emotional/Behavioral DisorderEFD Executive Functioning DisorderF2F face to faceFAPE Free Appropriate Public Education FAQ Frequently Asked Questions (an info sheet in Q & A format) FAS Fetal Alcohol Syndrome FWIW For What It's Worth" GAD Generalized Anxiety DisorderGERD Gastro Esophageal Reflux DisorderIBS Irritable Bowel SyndromeIEP Individual Education PlanIFLACA I feel like a complete a**" (used as an apology) IIRC if I recall correctlyIMHO in my Humble OpinionIOW in other wordsLD Learning DisabilityLLD Language-based Learning Disability LMK let me know LOL laughing out loudMD Muscular DystrophyMIL mother-in-lawMPD Multiple Personality DisorderMR Mental Retardation or Mentally RetardedNLD Nonverbal Learning Disorder (see also NVLD)NOS Not Otherwise Specified, usually seen as PDD-NOS NP no problem" NT Neuro-Typical (normally developing)NYD not yet diagnosedNVLD Nonverbal Learning Disorder (see also NLD)OCD Obsessive Compulsive DisorderODD Oppositional Defiance DisorderOHI Other Health ImpairedOIC oh, I seeOMG oh my God/oh my goshOT Occupational Therapist, Occupational TherapyOTOH on the other handPDOC PsychiatristPDD-NOS Pervasive Developmental Delays-Not Otherwise SpecifiedPDR Physician's Desk ReferencePITA pain in the a**POHI Physically or Otherwise Health ImpairedPOV point of viewPT Physical Therapist, Physical TherapyPTSD Post Traumatic Stress DisorderROFL rolling on the floor laughingRX PrescriptionSAD Seasonal Affective Disorder (aka "Wintertime Depression") SAHM Mom Stay-At-Home Mom SED Severe Emotional Disorder SID Sensory Integration Dysfunction (see also DSI)SI Sensory Integration SIB Self-Injurious Behavior SIPT Sensory Integration and Praxis Text SIL sister-in-lawSLP Speech and Language Pathologist SSRI Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (class of meds, incl. Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Luvox) TD Tactile DefensiveTIC tongue in cheekTOPL Test of Pragmatic Language TS Tourette's Syndrome TSS Therapeutic Support Staff TTFN ta-ta for now! TTYL talk to you later TTYS talk to you soonTX Treatment PlanWTG way to go!YMMV your mileage may vary (you may have different results)

Question

Ok here is goes. I hope I dont sound to crazy but what does dd, ds nt nd ns etc. mean? I understand its something about daughter and son but dont get the rest of it. Thanks,May God Bless You and Keep You All,OKC,OK

Guest guest

OMg I feel so stupid,.lol............. THANKS so much Rowell <nancy@...> wrote: Hi ,>>Ok here is goes. I hope I dont sound to crazy but what does dd, ds ntnd ns etc. mean? I understand its something about daughter and sonbut dont get the rest of it. Thanks,<<DD, DS, DH = dear daughter/son/husbandNT = neurotypical (ie not autistic)See: http://isnt.autistics.org/It kind of started life as a joke, but is used by most in the ASD field these days - you may even see it in published papers! in England I love a child with Aspergers Please, read, learn, and love KELLY

Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection. Try the free Beta.

Guest guest

Nope.

Theresa Mesa

Mesa Design House

http://mesadesignhouse.com

909-335-9710

Hours: By appointment only

On Jan 23, 2007, at 8:29 AM, graphicmage wrote:

> Was anyone taking antidepressants prior to or while pregnant?

>

>

>

Guest guest

>>Was anyone taking antidepressants prior to or while pregnant?

No, I've never taken them.

in England

Guest guest

>

>

I was taking Sarafem while I was pregnant. My husband and I separated

about 2 weeks into my pregnancy. Is there any research to a connection?

Guest guest

>

>

no, but what is amazing to me is that this was a planned pregnancy and

out of the 3, ( i have 2 girls) i was the healthiest with my son. My

afp levels were off. don't know if they were high or low, but i was

encouraged to have an amnio. while waiting for the results i was an

emotional wreck.

I am on an antianxiety med and i do have some depression. (Normal for

most woman and mothers :) )

Donna Jean

Guest guest

No but some times I think I need them.

>

> >>Was anyone taking antidepressants prior to or while pregnant?

>

> No, I've never taken them.

>

> in England

>

Guest guest

i was taking zoloft prior to my pregnancy, my name is lisa from harrisburg.

Re: Question

>> Was anyone taking antidepressants prior to or while pregnant?>I was taking Sarafem while I was pregnant. My husband and I separated about 2 weeks into my pregnancy. Is there any research to a connection?

Guest guest

no on my end for all 4 pregnancies. but for the ones who are the hf and mr i was majorly sick the first 5 months with the one and the first month with the other .that is the only thing different .the last preg i was sick but that was from the vitamins. and she is actually pretty smart not genius but very alert and learns fast she is turning 4 and is tying her shoes needs somehelp but does it better than my oldest child did when he was 6 .

Nope.Theresa MesaMesa Design Househttp://mesadesignho use.com909-335-9710Hours: By appointment onlyOn Jan 23, 2007, at 8:29 AM, graphicmage wrote:> Was anyone taking antidepressants prior to or while pregnant?>>>

Never Miss an EmailStay connected with on your mobile. Get started!

Guest guest

no on my end for all 4 pregnancies. but for the ones who are the hf and mr i was majorly sick the first 5 months with the one and the first month with the other .that is the only thing different .the last preg i was sick but that was from the vitamins. and she is actually pretty smart not genius but very alert and learns fast she is turning 4 and is tying her shoes needs somehelp but does it better than my oldest child did when he was 6 .

Nope.Theresa MesaMesa Design Househttp://mesadesignho use.com909-335-9710Hours: By appointment onlyOn Jan 23, 2007, at 8:29 AM, graphicmage wrote:> Was anyone taking antidepressants prior to or while pregnant?>>>

Never Miss an EmailStay connected with on your mobile. Get started!

Guest guest

No. How about Flagyl though? (not a mental drug)

In a message dated 1/28/2007 6:56:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, daisygoogles@... writes:

noTheresa Mesa <clanmesaearthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

Nope.Theresa MesaMesa Design Househttp://mesadesignhouse.com909-335-9710Hours: By appointment onlyOn Jan 23, 2007, at 8:29 AM, graphicmage wrote:> Was anyone taking antidepressants prior to or while pregnant?

Guest guest

No. How about Flagyl though? (not a mental drug)

In a message dated 1/28/2007 6:56:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, daisygoogles@... writes:

noTheresa Mesa <clanmesaearthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

Nope.Theresa MesaMesa Design Househttp://mesadesignhouse.com909-335-9710Hours: By appointment onlyOn Jan 23, 2007, at 8:29 AM, graphicmage wrote:> Was anyone taking antidepressants prior to or while pregnant?

Guest guest

Nope.. only prenatal vits and iron supplements onceclaire <daisygoogles@...> wrote: noTheresa Mesa <clanmesaearthlink (DOT) net> wrote: Nope.Theresa MesaMesa Design Househttp://mesadesignhouse.com909-335-9710Hours: By appointment onlyOn Jan 23, 2007, at 8:29 AM, graphicmage wrote:> Was

anyone taking antidepressants prior to or while pregnant?>>>

Don't get soaked. Take a quick peak at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut.