Rate this topic

Guest guest

There are some great kickboxing dvds out

there. I have some Blanks and I enjoy them – Tae Bo Cardio is

tonight’s workout. I also have one by Janis Saffell that is

enjoyable (can’t recall the name off hand) I ordered Turbo Jam which is

supposed to be fun. Some of the ladies have those already so if it sounds fun

ask about it. I am waiting patiently (ok not with that much patience) to get

these because all I hear is I love those….

Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 8:36

PM

Subject: Re:

Question

Hi :-)

I actually did some kickboxing yesterday. It was on Fit tv and

absolutely enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun and got my heart rate up.

I'll have to check to see if that instrustor has any videos out. I

also ordered Cardio intervals and Fiesta fitness (i think that's

what it called) from Amazon. Fingers crossed, I will find something

that's loads of fun.

~Trinni

--

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.10.4/401 - Release Date: 7/26/2006

--

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.10.4/401 - Release Date: 7/26/2006

Guest guest

Hi ,

Thursday I was able to catch the Cardio Kickboxing on Fit tv with

Tommy Deters (?). I loved it!!! I would absolutely love a kickboxing

workout like that.

I have a tae bo dvd at home but i've never really taken the time to

try it out. Maybe I'll give it a go tonight :-)

I've seen so many postings about Turbo Jam, I'm curious. I think I

will check out the site and maybe hit ebay to see if I can find it

there.

Thanks so much for the suggestions :-)

Happy Friday :-)

~Trinni

>

> There are some great kickboxing dvds out there. I have some

Blanks and

> I enjoy them – Tae Bo Cardio is tonight's workout. I also have

one by Janis

> Saffell that is enjoyable (can't recall the name off hand) I

ordered Turbo

> Jam which is supposed to be fun. Some of the ladies have those

already so if

> it sounds fun ask about it. I am waiting patiently (ok not with

that much

> patience) to get these because all I hear is I love those….

>

>

>

>

>

> _____

>

> From:

[mailto: ]

> On Behalf Of Trinni

> Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 8:36 PM

>

> Subject: Re: Question

>

>

>

> Hi :-)

>

> I actually did some kickboxing yesterday. It was on Fit tv and

> absolutely enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun and got my heart rate

up.

> I'll have to check to see if that instrustor has any videos out. I

> also ordered Cardio intervals and Fiesta fitness (i think that's

> what it called) from Amazon. Fingers crossed, I will find

something

> that's loads of fun.

>

> Thanks :-)

> ~Trinni

>

>

>

>

>

> --

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.10.4/401 - Release Date:

7/26/2006

>

>

>

> --

> No virus found in this outgoing message.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.10.4/401 - Release Date:

7/26/2006

>

Guest guest

Hi Barbara, Most docs do liver biopsies aprox every 3-5 years.. most ppl have one when first diagnosed to see how much damage they have,, and IF they do tx, they usually have one after they are done with it,, and then every 3-5 years.. My gastro refused to do a biopsy AFTER I finished tx because he said I was successful and since there IS a risk of bleeding when you do them, why do it just to see what happened.. that in time, my liver would heal up somewhat after killing the virus.. I had my last one this last year when I had my gallbladder removed so they did it while I was under and they were already in there... my liver had improved from a stage 3-4 to about a 2.. and that was in only 3 years,, so I imagine that in 5-10 years, it should be MUCH better unless I should relapse for some reason.. I had that fibrosure blood test in place of a biopsy at my 2 year post tx PCR and it showed me to have stage 0-1 with NO activity,, and it was wrong,, I really was

a stage 2,, so the blood test is not very accurate. Yes, it is possible for the liver to advance without any symtoms... I know MANY MANY ppl who when they were first diagnosed,, that biopsy at diagnosis showed stage 4 which means that they had full cirrhosis when they first got diagnosed.. I was close and had many "nodules wrapped in fibrous bands consistant with cirrhosis" when I had my first biopsy... so YES it is possible... For most ppl it takes aprox 20 years to move to stage 4 with cirrhosis but that depends on many factors,, such as how well you take care of yourself ( drugs and alcohol) and what GRADE of inflammation you have... the higher the number 0-4, the faster it is moving along. I was grade 3 so mine was moving along quickly.. some ppl have very low grades and so they are not advancing quickly or at all,, but once again, the ONLY way to find this info out is through biopsy.. IF I were close to where you are, I'd be glad to come and hold your

hand through the proceedure, because I remember how scared I was,, well that was until they gave me the IV sedation, then I dont remember a thing.. a piece of cake it was! I know you dont want to have to have a biopsy,, I didnt either, but lemme tell ya, I am so grateful that I did choose to have it because I probably wouldnt have chosen treatment at that time and now I'd be either dead or on transplant list.. so Im glad i did it and chose to treat... I wish I could tell you differently Barb,, but I cant and I will always tell ya the truth as I know it.. Do I think everyone should do treatment? NOPE.. but I do know many who do,, Would I do tx again? Yes IF I needed too, but IF I were a stage 0-1 when I first found out, I probably would have waited.. its hard to say for sure... hugs hon jaxbarbarac102 <barbarac102@...> wrote: This question is for everyone who has chosen not to take tx. If a biopsy is needed to see the condition of your liver, how often should it be done? Is it possible for your liver to advance it's stage rapidly without you having symptoms?If it is, it would seem like you would need a biopsy frequently if you can't go by symptoms or blood tests.Thanks for your responses and patience with me.BarbaraJackie

Guest guest

Barbara, I was diagnosed about 15 months ago Genotype 1a Stage 1 grade 2 I had the biopsy and would recommend doing it to see how much damage is there. I haven't done the tx yet still struggling with that decision. Good Luck, Steve barbarac102 <barbarac102@...> wrote: This question is for everyone who has chosen not to take tx. If a biopsy is needed to see the condition of your liver, how often should it be done? Is it possible

for your liver to advance it's stage rapidly without you having symptoms?If it is, it would seem like you would need a biopsy frequently if you can't go by symptoms or blood tests.Thanks for your responses and patience with me.Barbara

Guest guest

Jackie, as you know, I have medicare as my primary insurance. My gastro doc says the norm is now 10 years between biopsies. With my PCP, procedures and tests considered important have also changed. I have to ASK for some and others are simply deemed not necessary any more. I BELIEVE the changes in procedures are at least in part due to what the insurance companies will pay. I KNOW many clinics are reimbursed for the LITTLE amount of treatment/procedures they do. If I can be proven wrong, I would be most happy. This has been my experience over the past few years, tho and some docs won't agree to do some female tests even if you ask. SharonJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Hi Barbara, Most docs do liver

biopsies aprox every 3-5 years.. most ppl have one when first diagnosed to see how much damage they have,, and IF they do tx, they usually have one after they are done with it,, and then every 3-5 years.. My gastro refused to do a biopsy AFTER I finished tx because he said I was successful and since there IS a risk of bleeding when you do them, why do it just to see what happened.. that in time, my liver would heal up somewhat after killing the virus.. I had my last one this last year when I had my gallbladder removed so they did it while I was under and they were already in there... my liver had improved from a stage 3-4 to about a 2.. and that was in only 3 years,, so I imagine that in 5-10 years, it should be MUCH better unless I should relapse for some reason.. I had that fibrosure blood test in place of a biopsy at my 2 year post tx PCR and it showed me to have stage 0-1 with NO activity,, and it was wrong,, I really was a stage 2,, so the blood test is not very

accurate. Yes, it is possible for the liver to advance without any symtoms... I know MANY MANY ppl who when they were first diagnosed,, that biopsy at diagnosis showed stage 4 which means that they had full cirrhosis when they first got diagnosed.. I was close and had many "nodules wrapped in fibrous bands consistant with cirrhosis" when I had my first biopsy... so YES it is possible... For most ppl it takes aprox 20 years to move to stage 4 with cirrhosis but that depends on many factors,, such as how well you take care of yourself ( drugs and alcohol) and what GRADE of inflammation you have... the higher the number 0-4, the faster it is moving along. I was grade 3 so mine was moving along quickly.. some ppl have very low grades and so they are not advancing quickly or at all,, but once again, the ONLY way to find this info out is through biopsy.. IF I were close to where you are, I'd be glad to come and hold your hand through the proceedure, because I

remember how scared I was,, well that was until they gave me the IV sedation, then I dont remember a thing.. a piece of cake it was! I know you dont want to have to have a biopsy,, I didnt either, but lemme tell ya, I am so grateful that I did choose to have it because I probably wouldnt have chosen treatment at that time and now I'd be either dead or on transplant list.. so Im glad i did it and chose to treat... I wish I could tell you differently Barb,, but I cant and I will always tell ya the truth as I know it.. Do I think everyone should do treatment? NOPE.. but I do know many who do,, Would I do tx again? Yes IF I needed too, but IF I were a stage 0-1 when I first found out, I probably would have waited.. its hard to say for sure... hugs hon jaxbarbarac102 <barbarac102@...> wrote: This question is for everyone who has chosen not to take tx. If a biopsy is needed to see the condition of your liver, how often should it be done? Is it possible for your liver to advance it's stage rapidly without you having symptoms?If it is, it would seem like you would need a biopsy frequently if you can't go by symptoms or blood tests.Thanks for your responses and patience with me.Barbara

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs.

Try it free.

Guest guest

Hi Steve, Thanks for writing me. I think the biopsy is a good idea also and I can understand you struggling with the decision of doing tx. I wish you the best. Barbarasteve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: Barbara, I was diagnosed about 15 months ago Genotype 1a Stage 1 grade 2 I had the biopsy and would recommend doing it to see how much damage is there. I haven't done the tx yet still struggling with that decision. Good Luck, Steve barbarac102 <barbarac102@...> wrote: This question is for everyone who has

chosen not to take tx. If a biopsy is needed to see the condition of your liver, how often should it be done? Is it possible for your liver to advance it's stage rapidly without you having symptoms?If it is, it would seem like you would need a biopsy frequently if you can't go by symptoms or blood tests.Thanks for your responses and patience with me.Barbara

See the all-new, redesigned .com. Check it out.

Guest guest

Dear Jackie, Thanks for taking the time to write me and in such detail, you are teaching me alot. And that is so sweet of you to offer to hold my hand, where do you live anyway? :) The biopsy sounds like something I need to do. My original doctor never stressed it and that was years ago. I guess I've been burying my head in the sand, so to speak, and every now and then my head gets out to see. But, this doctor's visit brought me to a reality check. And every response I get from people like you and other nice, helpful people, helps me to face it and deal with and actually frees me from my fears. Thanks so much, Jackie. Barbara Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Hi Barbara, Most docs do liver

biopsies aprox every 3-5 years.. most ppl have one when first diagnosed to see how much damage they have,, and IF they do tx, they usually have one after they are done with it,, and then every 3-5 years.. My gastro refused to do a biopsy AFTER I finished tx because he said I was successful and since there IS a risk of bleeding when you do them, why do it just to see what happened.. that in time, my liver would heal up somewhat after killing the virus.. I had my last one this last year when I had my gallbladder removed so they did it while I was under and they were already in there... my liver had improved from a stage 3-4 to about a 2.. and that was in only 3 years,, so I imagine that in 5-10 years, it should be MUCH better unless I should relapse for some reason.. I had that fibrosure blood test in place of a biopsy at my 2 year post tx PCR and it showed me to have stage 0-1 with NO activity,, and it was wrong,, I really was a stage 2,, so the blood test is not very

accurate. Yes, it is possible for the liver to advance without any symtoms... I know MANY MANY ppl who when they were first diagnosed,, that biopsy at diagnosis showed stage 4 which means that they had full cirrhosis when they first got diagnosed.. I was close and had many "nodules wrapped in fibrous bands consistant with cirrhosis" when I had my first biopsy... so YES it is possible... For most ppl it takes aprox 20 years to move to stage 4 with cirrhosis but that depends on many factors,, such as how well you take care of yourself ( drugs and alcohol) and what GRADE of inflammation you have... the higher the number 0-4, the faster it is moving along. I was grade 3 so mine was moving along quickly.. some ppl have very low grades and so they are not advancing quickly or at all,, but once again, the ONLY way to find this info out is through biopsy.. IF I were close to where you are, I'd be glad to come and hold your hand through the proceedure, because I

remember how scared I was,, well that was until they gave me the IV sedation, then I dont remember a thing.. a piece of cake it was! I know you dont want to have to have a biopsy,, I didnt either, but lemme tell ya, I am so grateful that I did choose to have it because I probably wouldnt have chosen treatment at that time and now I'd be either dead or on transplant list.. so Im glad i did it and chose to treat... I wish I could tell you differently Barb,, but I cant and I will always tell ya the truth as I know it.. Do I think everyone should do treatment? NOPE.. but I do know many who do,, Would I do tx again? Yes IF I needed too, but IF I were a stage 0-1 when I first found out, I probably would have waited.. its hard to say for sure... hugs hon jaxbarbarac102 <barbarac102@...> wrote: This question is for everyone who has chosen not to take tx. If a biopsy is needed to see the condition of your liver, how often should it be done? Is it possible for your liver to advance it's stage rapidly without you having symptoms?If it is, it would seem like you would need a biopsy frequently if you can't go by symptoms or blood tests.Thanks for your responses and patience with me.BarbaraJackie

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

Oh Barbara, That is what we are all here for.. we help each other. We are like a family,, we have good days and not so good days but we are all here to help each other.. I live in Northern Calif,, where are you? Im surprised that your doc didnt advocate the biopsy but perhaps he was new at treating it too and maybe that was before they really put together the treatment protocol.. It has grown a lot in the last 5 years.. we know much more now than we did back then.. Im glad you are learning,, because KNOWLEDGE IS POWER... one cannot just sit back and let the docs make all the decisions for you,, after all, its NOT their body or their Life,, IT'S YOURS... the more you know, the more comfortable you will become with this and the more you can work with your doc as a partner in your treatment... When you are done with treatment,, you will just want to stay with us and help the new people who come in and

are scared like you are now, and like I was when I was first diagnosed.. we pay it forward!!! hugs and hope you are having a good weekend! jaxBarbara <barbarac102@...> wrote: Dear Jackie, Thanks for taking the time to write me and in such detail, you are teaching me alot. And that is so sweet of you to offer to hold my hand, where do you live anyway? :) The biopsy sounds like something I need to do. My original doctor never stressed it and that was

years ago. I guess I've been burying my head in the sand, so to speak, and every now and then my head gets out to see. But, this doctor's visit brought me to a reality check. And every response I get from people like you and other nice, helpful people, helps me to face it and deal with and actually frees me from my fears. Thanks so much, Jackie. Barbara Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Hi Barbara, Most docs do liver biopsies aprox every 3-5 years.. most ppl have one when first diagnosed to see how much damage they have,, and IF they do tx, they usually have one after they are done with it,, and then every 3-5 years.. My gastro refused to do a biopsy AFTER I finished tx because he said I was successful and since there IS a risk of bleeding when you do them, why do it just

to see what happened.. that in time, my liver would heal up somewhat after killing the virus.. I had my last one this last year when I had my gallbladder removed so they did it while I was under and they were already in there... my liver had improved from a stage 3-4 to about a 2.. and that was in only 3 years,, so I imagine that in 5-10 years, it should be MUCH better unless I should relapse for some reason.. I had that fibrosure blood test in place of a biopsy at my 2 year post tx PCR and it showed me to have stage 0-1 with NO activity,, and it was wrong,, I really was a stage 2,, so the blood test is not very accurate. Yes, it is possible for the liver to advance without any symtoms... I know MANY MANY ppl who when they were first diagnosed,, that biopsy at diagnosis showed stage 4 which means that they had full cirrhosis when they first got diagnosed.. I was close and had many "nodules wrapped in fibrous bands consistant with cirrhosis" when I had my first

biopsy... so YES it is possible... For most ppl it takes aprox 20 years to move to stage 4 with cirrhosis but that depends on many factors,, such as how well you take care of yourself ( drugs and alcohol) and what GRADE of inflammation you have... the higher the number 0-4, the faster it is moving along. I was grade 3 so mine was moving along quickly.. some ppl have very low grades and so they are not advancing quickly or at all,, but once again, the ONLY way to find this info out is through biopsy.. IF I were close to where you are, I'd be glad to come and hold your hand through the proceedure, because I remember how scared I was,, well that was until they gave me the IV sedation, then I dont remember a thing.. a piece of cake it was! I know you dont want to have to have a biopsy,, I didnt either, but lemme tell ya, I am so grateful that I did choose to have it because I probably wouldnt have chosen treatment at that time and now I'd be either dead or on

transplant list.. so Im glad i did it and chose to treat... I wish I could tell you differently Barb,, but I cant and I will always tell ya the truth as I know it.. Do I think everyone should do treatment? NOPE.. but I do know many who do,, Would I do tx again? Yes IF I needed too, but IF I were a stage 0-1 when I first found out, I probably would have waited.. its hard to say for sure... hugs hon jaxbarbarac102 <barbarac102 > wrote: This question is for everyone who has chosen not to take tx. If a biopsy is needed to see the condition of your liver, how often should it be done? Is it possible for your liver to advance it's stage rapidly without you having symptoms?If it is, it would seem like you would need a biopsy frequently if you can't go by symptoms

or blood tests.Thanks for your responses and patience with me.BarbaraJackie How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates. Jackie

Guest guest

Good Sharon,, Im glad you are changing docs,, this is wayyyyyyy too important of a disease to have to struggle just to have a conversation about... and you are right, he SHOULD know about the simple things to advise you of.. IM SO glad you are here with us.. jaxSharon Crosby <blubirdxoxo@...> wrote: YUP,m and now I have a pcp doc that - at least som,e of the time - doesn't know what I know. I'm changing,m needless to say. He and the clinic are so close and convenient,m but He and

I struggle with com,munication and I'm giving up. English is a second language for him and he sometimes struggles with that. He also forgets too much and doesn't think of ways of treatment that he SHOULD be recommending , that are cheap and commonly known. SharonJackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: WOW,, thats awful Sharon,, I have medicare too and they have never even questioned the tests that my doc does.. but I have only had 2 biopsies myself,, and the second one was done when I had my gallbladder removed.. Damned insurance companies, they certainly dont have any problem taking our premiums each month,, but dont wanna pay,, thats obscene!Sharon Crosby <blubirdxoxo > wrote: Jackie, as you know, I have medicare as my primary insurance. My gastro doc says the norm is now 10 years between biopsies. With my PCP, procedures and tests considered important have also changed. I have to ASK for some and others are simply deemed not necessary any more. I BELIEVE the changes in procedures are at least in part due to what the insurance companies will pay. I KNOW many clinics are reimbursed for the LITTLE amount of treatment/procedures they do. If I can be proven wrong, I would be most happy. This has been my experience over the past few years, tho and some docs won't agree to do some female tests even if you ask. SharonJackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Hi Barbara, Most docs do liver biopsies

aprox every 3-5 years.. most ppl have one when first diagnosed to see how much damage they have,, and IF they do tx, they usually have one after they are done with it,, and then every 3-5 years.. My gastro refused to do a biopsy AFTER I finished tx because he said I was successful and since there IS a risk of bleeding when you do them, why do it just to see what happened.. that in time, my liver would heal up somewhat after killing the virus.. I had my last one this last year when I had my gallbladder removed so they did it while I was under and they were already in there... my liver had improved from a stage 3-4 to about a 2.. and that was in only 3 years,, so I imagine that in 5-10 years, it should be MUCH better unless I should relapse for some reason.. I had that fibrosure blood test in place of a biopsy at my 2 year post tx PCR and it showed me to have stage 0-1 with NO activity,, and it was wrong,, I really was a stage 2,, so the blood test is not very

remember how scared I was,, well that was until they gave me the IV sedation, then I dont remember a thing.. a piece of cake it was! I know you dont want to have to have a biopsy,, I didnt either, but lemme tell ya, I am so grateful that I did choose to have it because I probably wouldnt have chosen treatment at that time and now I'd be either dead or on transplant list.. so Im glad i did it and chose to treat... I wish I could tell you differently Barb,, but I cant and I will always tell ya the truth as I know it.. Do I think everyone should do treatment? NOPE.. but I do know many who do,, Would I do tx again? Yes IF I needed too, but IF I were a stage 0-1 when I first found out, I probably would have waited.. its hard to say for sure... hugs hon jaxbarbarac102 <barbarac102 > wrote: This question is for everyone who has chosen not to take tx. If a biopsy is needed to see the condition of your liver, how often should it be done? Is it possible for your liver to advance it's stage rapidly without you having symptoms?If it is, it would seem like you would need a biopsy frequently if you can't go by symptoms or blood tests.Thanks for your responses and patience with me.Barbara Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. Jackie How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates. Jackie

Guest guest

Hey Kat and Like lactulose didn't give me night sweats. It was stage for me and I wasn't diabetic than. I would get deep completely different type chills - low grade temps and night sweats from everything going on. I know is on 3 month dr visits and checks but at his stage my dr's had me call with any new symptoms - changes in symptoms or symptoms getting worse and had me come in earlier to be checked if they thought I needed it. That decision I left up to them. Love and Hugs. Deb

Guest guest

Oh boy. I know you are not homeschooling, but if you'd like some legal

advice that you might find helpful in fighting the school district, go to

www.HSLDA.org <http://www.hslda.org/> they fight school districts all the

time for homeschooling families...... you might find useful resources

there.

Peace Be With You,

~Pattie~

" What matters is not great deeds, but great love. " ~ St. Therese of Lisieux

Family website: www.shwachman.50megs.com

Guest guest

Hi Sherry,

I like Jari Loves workouts, although you might find that her first one

is too easy for you. Although you can always add more weight to make

it more challenging. I haven't done the first one in a while, so

maybe I'm forgetting things about it, but her second one, Slim and

Lean, is quite a bit more intense and boy what a workout. I was

shaking the first time I did it. I could hardly bend over to do the

hamstring stretch my legs were shaking so badly, my arms were shaking

after doing the bench presses and triceps work too. I didn't even do

the one leg squats at all. It would be nice if you could preview them

somehow. I can't answer your other questions, but I hear you on the

money thing. I also don't like spending money to find I got a workout

I don't even like. I just took a chance on the Get Ripped, because

she lives only 3 hours away from us, which I thought was cool.

I hope other's will give their opinions on these workouts and the

others you asked about. That's how we learn about all these great

workouts we have to have!

Kerry

| Hi everyone! I was just wondering what you all think of jari loves

| videos and if it's advanced enough for someone who works out as much

as

| I do. Also how is Turbo jam compared to tae bo? I just hate wasting

| money (because I have none....lol) on video's/DVD's that I won't do

| because they aren't advanced enough or long enough.

| Thanks in advance for any info :)

| Sherry

Guest guest

Hi Sherry,

I've only done the original Get Ripped and I would say

that if you upped the weights you can get a good

workout from that one. From what I understand, S & L

and RTTC are more difficult. I'm going to be doing

those this week so I'll let you know.

Have you ever tried any of Cathe Friedrich's workouts?

They would probably be good for you - check out

www.cathe.com - her DVDs are pricey but they contain

numerous pre-mixes and other features and some of them

do contain two workouts.

Take care!

Donna

--- Sherry <fanaticforfitness@...> wrote:

> Hi everyone! I was just wondering what you all think

> of jari loves

> videos and if it's advanced enough for someone who

> works out as much as

> I do. Also how is Turbo jam compared to tae bo? I

> just hate wasting

> money (because I have none....lol) on video's/DVD's

> that I won't do

> because they aren't advanced enough or long enough.

> Thanks in advance for any info :)

> Sherry

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi donna! Thanks for the info, Yes I have done Cathe's workout but

only off of fit tv. I loved her kickboxing one and a few of her lower

body workouts are killer. I have a fairly old step tape of keli

roberts that I really enjoy. It is a little low intensity for me but

I just add to it by jumping up instead of stepping and just basically

making it harder. Keep me posted on the other Jari workouts. Tomorrow

is the first day of school for my kids so I better try to get them to

bed at a decent hour.

I will really need to get used to working out in the pm instead of

the am now since I will be working mostly mornings.....grrrrrrrr

Take care,

Sherry

>

> > Hi everyone! I was just wondering what you all think

> > of jari loves

> > videos and if it's advanced enough for someone who

> > works out as much as

> > I do. Also how is Turbo jam compared to tae bo? I

> > just hate wasting

> > money (because I have none....lol) on video's/DVD's

> > that I won't do

> > because they aren't advanced enough or long enough.

> > Thanks in advance for any info :)

> > Sherry

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Hi donna! Thanks for the info, Yes I have done Cathe's workout but

only off of fit tv. I loved her kickboxing one and a few of her lower

body workouts are killer. I have a fairly old step tape of keli

roberts that I really enjoy. It is a little low intensity for me but

I just add to it by jumping up instead of stepping and just basically

making it harder. Keep me posted on the other Jari workouts. Tomorrow

is the first day of school for my kids so I better try to get them to

bed at a decent hour.

I will really need to get used to working out in the pm instead of

the am now since I will be working mostly mornings.....grrrrrrrr

Take care,

Sherry

>

> > Hi everyone! I was just wondering what you all think

> > of jari loves

> > videos and if it's advanced enough for someone who

> > works out as much as

> > I do. Also how is Turbo jam compared to tae bo? I

> > just hate wasting

> > money (because I have none....lol) on video's/DVD's

> > that I won't do

> > because they aren't advanced enough or long enough.

> > Thanks in advance for any info :)

> > Sherry

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

I did not say that but my doctor advise to not do that

question

I thought I read somewhere (perhaps here?) that PIDD kids should not take

any herbal supplements. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks.

, 16, CVID

---------------------------------

All-new - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done

faster.

Guest guest

Hi, .

Herbal supplements do not undergo the same rigorous testing or standards that

" medications " do. At best they do nothing and at worst they can contain

impurities (e.g., lead, pathogens, etc.) that cause illness. Unless the doc(s)

approve of, or order, an herbal supplement it is not wise to give it to a PIDD

child. In our case, we use a probiotic but it has been approved by all 4 of our

docs. Also, it has been studied in ways that are acceptable to the medical

community. Good idea to use caution. And beware of sprouted foods and algae,

which are now popular in drinks. Ewwww. = )

Dani (4) CVID

Guest guest

Herbal supplements do not undergo the same rigorous testing or standards

that " medications " do

Herbs can trigger autoimmune disorders in people with a PID. You even have

to be cautious with vitamins!

Janet, mom to Brittany CVID age 15

Guest guest

How about Dr. Chancey Book " Freeing yourself from OCD " . It tells you

everything you ever need to know.

Sorry about all the therapist/psychiatrist struggles. Its hard to find good

Dr.'s.

_____

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of MELANIE FARRISH

Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 5:31 PM

Subject: Question

I have a 17 year old daughter that was recently

diagnosed with OCD. First trip to psychiatrist was a

waste of time - very incompetent. Therapist

unfortunately recently moved out of state - so she is

very down in the dumps. Going to see a new

Psychiatrist in a couple of weeks - working on trying

to get a new therapist.

I would love to get her to read a book - some books on

OCD, but there are so many out there I don't know

which one would be best. Something self-help that

might get her headed in the right direction. Might

give her hope and get her to work on some things for

herself. I am told you guys are the best for

information.

Suggestions!

Thanks

Cheap talk?

Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

http://voice. <http://voice.>

Guest guest

Hi ! My mind is drawing a " blank " on book titles now but

wanted to suggest the OCD Foundation website to look at re books.

http://www.ocfoundation.org/ocf-bookstore.html

Also a search at some site like & Noble for OCD and maybe

select by " bestselling " order (what I do, LOL, but am putting them on

my wishlist right now). It sort of depends, too, if she'd be

interested in the personal type stories or another type or one that

seems more about her " type " of OCD. I say the latter as when my son

(now age 17) first began with OCD, I couldn't find anything much more

than a page in some books that seemed to apply to his behaviors; he

just didn't have the more typical OC compulsions. " Brain Lock "

and " Imp of the Mind " have been mentioned a lot by adults in another

group (adults that have OCD).

Good luck with the new psych and finding a therapist! Does your

daughter suffer more from compulsions or bad thoughts or...?

single mom, 3 sons

, 17, with OCD, dysgraphia and Aspergers

>

> I have a 17 year old daughter that was recently

> diagnosed with OCD. First trip to psychiatrist was a

> waste of time - very incompetent. Therapist

> unfortunately recently moved out of state - so she is

> very down in the dumps. Going to see a new

Guest guest

In a message dated 12/7/2006 10:40:15 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

lauraj2@... writes:

Have you tried the " what would you tell a friend who had a similar problem "

discussion? My friend does that with her preteen who has had some issues with

different things. If you had a good friend who ---then list a few of her

symptoms, what would you want her do to?

What a GREAT idea. I never thought of that when we had such a hard time

with my dd going to therapy. I'll have to remember that one when/if we ever

have to revisit that.

LT

Guest guest

Where have you guys found that book? I have looked and cant find it.

Sharon

Question

to get a new therapist.

information.

Suggestions!

Thanks

Cheap talk?

Guest guest

Tamar Chansky's book can be found on Amazon. Another book I really enjoy is OCD

in Children and Adolescents by March and Mulle. Dr. Aureen Wagner

has the set for therapists on Amazon, also. I ordered it but it has not come in

yet. We really don't have good therapists in our area, so I got it to use at

home.

kidsnpets <kidsnpets@...> wrote:

Where have you guys found that book? I have looked and cant find it.

Sharon

Question

to get a new therapist.

information.

Suggestions!

Thanks

Cheap talk?

Guest guest

Thanks. I will look there.

Sharon

Question

to get a new therapist.

information.

Suggestions!

Thanks

Cheap talk?

Guest guest

welcome - I hope others jump in but i believe and I'm experiencing

that the fish oils help with mood per se not focusing - however if you

go to www.nativeremedies.com you'll see natural products there

specifically for focuing and adult ones versus kids too - hope this

helps good luck

eileen

Quoting jpfolkert@...:

> Being rather new to the group, I have been reading a lot about fish

> oils etc.etc. I know nothing about all of this,would like to know

> more. Specifically, if I could find something to help our 23 year old

> son who mostly contends with ADD. He does not want to take

> meds, we have tried diff. ones but with no real " breakthroughs " .

> About 2 months ago he got his private pilot's license, so prescription

> meds are out of the question. He does fine with hands on stuff but

> organization skills and study skills are extremely difficult.

> Any ideas for us????

> Thanks,

> F

>