RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

> Has anyone heard of a product called " Sea Engery " ??

> It is supposed to be some type of liquid nutrition.

> If you have...what do you know about it???

Pat, if it is being sold by a " doctor " who is not an MD or DO, and

is a chiropracter, it is a crock of BS. I think I have heard the

commercials on am radio.

Marta

Guest guest

---

> Pat, if it is being sold by a " doctor " who is not an MD or DO, and

> is a chiropracter, it is a crock of BS. I think I have heard the

> commercials on am radio.

>

> Marta

Thanks Marta...it is being pushed by someone at my husband's

work place and he keeps telling my husband how wonderful it is

It is supposed to have herbs like sea vegatation..aloe vera juice..

pau d'arco..ginkgo..ginger root..cranberry and black cherry. I told

my husband no till I could find out if anyone else knew anything about

it. I appreciate your response. Everybody has a " miracle " solution to

good health

Guest guest

Carmen, I did have a few several years ago after 28 years of NEVER being panicked about anything except public speaking!

Mine seems to have been a result of nutritional deficiencies and has been helped greatly thank goodness!

Beth

Guest guest

Hi Carmen, I had some wierd problems when I took mtx. I was on it I think for about 9 months or so. I started getting upset very easily, having crying fits and being really anxious and restless. My docs thought I was depressed then my mom noticed that the symptoms worsened during the days after I took my weekly mtx dose. By the time the day came to take my next dose, I was almost back to "normal". We stopped the mtx and this pretty much went away. I still get "episodes" where I feel very anxious and get upset - I call it my mtx flashbacks :-) My rheumy had never heard of anyone having these symptoms with mtx before. If you are on pred, this can also cause nervousness, mood swings, and all that stuff.

I've gotten itchy lots of times from the Stills. When it first started, I itched like crazy - it was unbearable! Get the red face too, especially if I'm out in the sun. It feels like my face starts to sting and burn, then it gets red and hot to the touch. A few hours (or by the next day) inside and it usually goes away. I also get this sometimes in hot weather, even if I'm not in the sun.

Hope this helps & good luck with your doctor!

Trish in PA

question

Have any of you with Stills ever experienced a panic attack? I think I had one lasts week and called my Rheumatologist for help and he told me to see a Psychiatrist as Stills people don't have them. I got all jumpy and nervous and thought a nice, cool, dark closet would be just the thing.....all by myself....

Maybe I am going cookoo.....who knows.....?... Maybe this 90 degree plus weather is finally getting to me........?

I've also developed a "red" face. Very itchy and hot to the touch. Probably from the panic attack that I'm not supposed to have but I'm thinking it just might be from lying in the sun while taking MTX.... I'm marching down to his office first thing tomorrow morning and sitting there until he sees me.!!!

My oh my am I feeling brave as I type this. Hope this brevity stays with me.....

Red, itchy and jumpy, Ca. Carmen

Guest guest

Carmen, I am so sorry to hear you have had a hard week. Please be careful in that sun. I have had some pretty wicked reactions over the years to an allergy with the sun and medications myself. I was down your way this week and 90 wasn't kidding. I hope your able to have a smoother week. I'm off to two appt. this week but call if you like we can visit. Lots of hugs, Melt

question

Have any of you with Stills ever experienced a panic attack? Maybe this 90 degree plus weather is finally getting to me........?

I've also developed a "red" face. Very itchy and hot to the touch.

Guest guest

Carmen my friend,

To answer your question about "panic attack." Now, I haven't actually experienced

a severe "panic attack," but....I can't get to sleep at night because I feel all "jumpy,

and a panic like thing." I have been taking Xanax for about 10 years to help with

this. Also...I just started Lexipro (antidepressant) a couple of months ago, and it

has helped me to feel more "relaxed" in general. If I spend more than a few minutes

out in the sun...I pay for it big time! Red, hot, itchy face, difficulty breathing..and just

plain jumpy like feelings. I haven't been in the sun for any length of time for many

years. My feeling is that people who have Stills, can (and many times do) experience

many different symptoms. Since the Stills Disease and the meds, I also can *not*

tolerate humid weather or even if it's just very hot. I'd rather be cold and have to

bundle up......one can only take so much off.....well ...maybe ...hehehehehe..

Take care my friend, and please do let us know what you find out after you get to

talk with your doctor tomorrow. You could tell him that others in your support group

have experienced "panic attacks."

From (still wintry) Wisconsin,

Tricia

& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &

-- question

Have any of you with Stills ever experienced a panic attack? I think I had one lasts week and called my Rheumatologist for help and he told me to see a Psychiatrist as Stills people don't have them. I got all jumpy and nervous and thought a nice, cool, dark closet would be just the thing.....all by myself....

Maybe I am going cookoo.....who knows.....?... Maybe this 90 degree plus weather is finally getting to me........?

I've also developed a "red" face. Very itchy and hot to the touch. Probably from the panic attack that I'm not supposed to have but I'm thinking it just might be from lying in the sun while taking MTX.... I'm marching down to his office first thing tomorrow morning and sitting there until he sees me.!!!

My oh my am I feeling brave as I type this. Hope this brevity stays with me.....

Guest guest

Hmm Stills people dont have them eh (anyone can have them Carmen regardless of medical conditions ect).I worked with a great guy who had a panic attack make sure you look for anything out of the ordinary ok.For instance this man I was refering to basically had just had enough and everyone around him and in his line of fire basically he lost his cool and that wasnt like him.I have seen some pretty strong men crumble under panic attack,it is serius Carmen so your doing right by looking into it but I hope was just 1 time thing take care. d.Canada

question

Red, itchy and jumpy, Ca. CarmenVisit the Still's Disease Message Boardhttp://disc.server.com/Indices/148599.htmlThe materials and information contained in this message are not intended to replace the services of a trained health professional or to be a substitute for medical advice of physicians and/or other health care professionals. The International Still's Disease Foundation is not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. You should consult your physician on specific medical questions, particularly in matters requiring diagnosis or medical attention. The International Still's Disease Foundation makes no representations or warranties with respect to any treatment, action, application, medication or preparation by any person following the information offered or provided within this support form. ion by any person following the information offered or provided within this support form.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/30/2004 8:47:21 AM Pacific Standard Time,

sonofmosiah@... writes:

> About 15 minuets into my workout, I broke out in a sweat that made me look

> as if I'd just gotten out of the shower; was dizzy; sick to my stomach; felt

> as if I would faint. I had to sit down on the floor to keep from falling

> over. When I finally got home, I was still so weak that I had to go to bed.

>

>

>

> Any thoughts?

>

>

>

> Jim

>

Jim, when had you last eaten? My first thought would be low blood sugar and

the need for fuel. Hugs and blessings, Ann

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/30/2004 2:46:30 PM Central Standard Time,

positivelyann@... writes:

Or maybe *what* had you eatem prior to the work out. I find I do better

exercising if I eat protein an hour or so before going. I was a good girl and

went

and walked a mile lasty night. Still no weights though as I was told no

lifting for 6 weeks. I did do the leg thing with slight weight. And the Butt

machine...LOL. Mostly the treadmill.....BORING!!!

in Bama

VBG 1982 (lost from 433lbs to 270's)

VBG -RNY1996 revision(Lost from 343 to 299)

RNY-DS revision Dec 2002 -down 135 lbs (377.7 to 242.2 and still going)

Homepage address- http://hometown.aol.com/mdl1031/myhomepage/profile.html

Many thanks to Dr. K willing to take on a 3rd timer....LOL

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/30/2004 2:46:30 PM Central Standard Time,

positivelyann@... writes:

Or maybe *what* had you eatem prior to the work out. I find I do better

exercising if I eat protein an hour or so before going. I was a good girl and

went

and walked a mile lasty night. Still no weights though as I was told no

lifting for 6 weeks. I did do the leg thing with slight weight. And the Butt

machine...LOL. Mostly the treadmill.....BORING!!!

in Bama

VBG 1982 (lost from 433lbs to 270's)

VBG -RNY1996 revision(Lost from 343 to 299)

RNY-DS revision Dec 2002 -down 135 lbs (377.7 to 242.2 and still going)

Homepage address- http://hometown.aol.com/mdl1031/myhomepage/profile.html

Many thanks to Dr. K willing to take on a 3rd timer....LOL

Guest guest

> Hello one and all out there in Dr.K land, I have a question.

>

>

>

> Last night at the gym I had a really odd experience. (No, it wasn't

at the

> sight of some really hot teenager!! You pervs!)

>

>

>

> About 15 minuets into my workout, I broke out in a sweat that made

me look

> as if I'd just gotten out of the shower; was dizzy; sick to my

stomach; felt

> as if I would faint. I had to sit down on the floor to keep from

falling

> over. When I finally got home, I was still so weak that I had to go

to bed.

>

Was this accompanied by any pain? Not wanting to scare you or

anything, but this COULD be serious... it could also be benign. It

could be narrowed coronary arteries, and when you exercise, your heart

may not be getting enough blood supply. My suggestion would be to see

your doctor and ask if an treadmill stress test might be warranted.

Many people with this show no normal resting signs of heart problems..

.. EKG and labs often return normal, but the heart shows ischemia on an

EKG while the heart is stressed. IF that is the case, then often an

angiogram is needed. If you do end up having to go for an angiogram,

ask to see if they do interventions at the hospital where it is being

done... I'd only want to get an angiogram at a hospital that can do

interventions. If they are going to look for a problem, it would be

nice to take care of the problem at the same time... rather than

reschedule to do the SAME PROCEDURE at another hospital.

Again, this could be benign... you may have stimulated your vagus

nerve somehow. Vagal nerve stimulation causes the heart rate to

suddenly drop dramatically and vasodilation (arteries get larger),

causing the BP to drop, causing the skin to become cool, pale and

extremely sweaty. It can make people pass out. It can make you

nauseated.

Guest guest

Jim,

Sounds like hypoglycemia to me. That is since I already know you

didn't have any chest pain, lol.

Marta

Guest guest

Sounds like your blood sugar might have dropped too low. Going to

sleep was probably an overwhelming feeling but you really needed

food. If it was low blood sugar. I have definately been there!

C

> Hello one and all out there in Dr.K land, I have a question.

>

>

>

> Last night at the gym I had a really odd experience. (No, it wasn't

at the

> sight of some really hot teenager!! You pervs!)

>

>

>

> About 15 minuets into my workout, I broke out in a sweat that made

me look

> as if I'd just gotten out of the shower; was dizzy; sick to my

stomach; felt

> as if I would faint. I had to sit down on the floor to keep from

falling

> over. When I finally got home, I was still so weak that I had to go

to bed.

>

>

>

> Any thoughts?

>

>

>

> Jim

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

patrick

hello i like your question. in canada its free. but where i live i have to drive 4 hours to see a special doctor. From the time i go to the peditrican, amek arrangements, get an appointment it ranges from 3 to 6 months to actually see the doctor, then when you do and you have all you question ready, and you get answers, your head is spining like a top. then you and you family sit down to discuss what, when where, how come, try and book people close to where you live to have the test done, braces made etc, you get so caught up in that little child, you finally stop and think. >>>

i still have other members of my family i need to spend time with.

then you say we need a break from all the doctors because the child is so sick of getting picked and prodded and pinch and xrayed, you take time as a family and then all of a sudden your appointments here and you get the results back and they are even worse then you imagined. and you start the cycle all over again. At least that is how it has been with my family. I am glad that i have a family like mine , and got the change to take time out for family, because i got to see my oldest son win all of ontario provincail cup for his hockey team. now we have to get back to reality with the other child and work with him, but for the six month or so break we had it was nice. and i am really glad you asked, because all families are not alike. thks tammy

question

hi all .i have see some message that some childs have a scoliosis up to 80 degre ,,hummmmmm my question is , WHY some doctor or parents wait until the scoliosis get very worst before doing something ?????i have hard to imagine that some one said to wait to see if the scoliosis will degress by herself ... hummmm a scoliosis will not go away if nothing is done to corect it , well that is what i know about scoliosis .when i was diagnosticate with scoliosis , the dostor don't have wait until 80 degre scoiosis before doing something , i was put in a brace the next week to stop and correct it ...i know most of the member here are from USA , and i know in USA it's very costly for medical need ( free in canada ) , is that the factor that some doc or parent wait until very worst scoliosis for doing something ???i don't hit no one , it's only some questions ...thanks .PATRICK .

Guest guest

patrick

hello i like your question. in canada its free. but where i live i have to drive 4 hours to see a special doctor. From the time i go to the peditrican, amek arrangements, get an appointment it ranges from 3 to 6 months to actually see the doctor, then when you do and you have all you question ready, and you get answers, your head is spining like a top. then you and you family sit down to discuss what, when where, how come, try and book people close to where you live to have the test done, braces made etc, you get so caught up in that little child, you finally stop and think. >>>

i still have other members of my family i need to spend time with.

then you say we need a break from all the doctors because the child is so sick of getting picked and prodded and pinch and xrayed, you take time as a family and then all of a sudden your appointments here and you get the results back and they are even worse then you imagined. and you start the cycle all over again. At least that is how it has been with my family. I am glad that i have a family like mine , and got the change to take time out for family, because i got to see my oldest son win all of ontario provincail cup for his hockey team. now we have to get back to reality with the other child and work with him, but for the six month or so break we had it was nice. and i am really glad you asked, because all families are not alike. thks tammy

question

hi all .i have see some message that some childs have a scoliosis up to 80 degre ,,hummmmmm my question is , WHY some doctor or parents wait until the scoliosis get very worst before doing something ?????i have hard to imagine that some one said to wait to see if the scoliosis will degress by herself ... hummmm a scoliosis will not go away if nothing is done to corect it , well that is what i know about scoliosis .when i was diagnosticate with scoliosis , the dostor don't have wait until 80 degre scoiosis before doing something , i was put in a brace the next week to stop and correct it ...i know most of the member here are from USA , and i know in USA it's very costly for medical need ( free in canada ) , is that the factor that some doc or parent wait until very worst scoliosis for doing something ???i don't hit no one , it's only some questions ...thanks .PATRICK .

Guest guest

I've used TheroDynamx and my opinion is it's worthless. I have never

taken Hydroxycut so I can't give a comparison!

by the way: if Thermodynamx is working for anyone else, I'll sell you

the extra bottles I have sitting at home!

> Has anyone used EAS's Thermo Dynamx? Do you know how it compares to

> Hydroxycut. Trying to decide what I want to try during my next

> challenge. Thanks for any opinions in advance.

>

>

>

> Christy

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I'd be glad to have your Thermodynamix. While I don't really care about the

" fat-burning " quality... I appreciate the caffeine!

~Lydia

Re: question

I've used TheroDynamx and my opinion is it's worthless. I have never

taken Hydroxycut so I can't give a comparison!

by the way: if Thermodynamx is working for anyone else, I'll sell you

the extra bottles I have sitting at home!

> Has anyone used EAS's Thermo Dynamx? Do you know how it compares to

> Hydroxycut. Trying to decide what I want to try during my next

> challenge. Thanks for any opinions in advance.

>

>

>

> Christy

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Cool Lydia - I emailed you at your account.

> > Has anyone used EAS's Thermo Dynamx? Do you know how it compares

to

> > Hydroxycut. Trying to decide what I want to try during my next

> > challenge. Thanks for any opinions in advance.

> >

> >

> >

> > Christy

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

<<I've started BFL almost 4 weeks ago. I have yo yo'd on numerous

diets for so long that I feel my body doesn't want to give up an

ounce of fat>>

And thats one reason right there why you wont see immediate

noticable results - it will take awhile for your metabolism

to 'recircuit-train' its wiring after having been on the yoyogoround

for so long. When you diet on and off and on again off again over

and over it screws up your metabolism so much that any change in

calories it thinks 'oh no here we go again' and thinks you are going

to starve it again so it goes into starvemode preservation. When you

get a few freedays in there or free meals (really just zigzagging

your weekly calorie intake) it begins to realize 'hey this is

different' and will start to let go of its stranglehold on your

fatcells for energy use. You should really read over the Hussman

site too about how it all happens from the inside out too - meaning

changes happen inside not noticable yet on the outside.

http://www.hussman.org/fitness/

Also I might add, think about this one - if you have been overweight

for quite awhile, what makes you think you will change so much in

four short weeks? Stick to it - time will show the truth behind all

your hard work and perseverence - you'll reap the rewards only if

you have patience as well - remember its a lifestyle change, not

just a 12 week 'diet' :-)

<<joni>>

*a diamond is a piece of coal that stuck to the job*

Guest guest

Hiya :)

I just wanted to say that; I understand totally how frustrating

watching the scale can be. I hope you decide to hang in there. I

yo-yo dieted for years as well. Once I even got down to 123 lbs or

so and I am 5'6 " and can you beleive it..I still had a chunk of FAT

hanging over the waist of my tight jeans.....yeck!. Some of the

things that keep me going are keeping a daily journal and measuring

progress in other ways not what the scale says. Like the 1st time I

walked an entire MILE :) woo hooo ! Or now increasing the amount I

can lift to get to a 10 :) etc. Stuff like that :)

You don't even want to know what I used to Eat ....lol... so one

good meal at a time was progress too. And I decided to try one new

healthy food a week. Stuff I thought I hated, I now love LOL. Or

some stuff i have l;earned ways to eat it. Like cottage cheese, I

have to blend that up in a smoothy.

Have a great day :)

Anjil_43

> Thank you very much! It'll give me some time to be distracted

> rather than frustrated :)

>

> But I was thinking that with all the weight I need to

> lose......weight over 250....that I would be losing at least 2 lbs

a

> week. I haven't been on the scale for over a week because I was

> getting so discouraged.

>

> Thanks for time and help!

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks for the replys gals! I really appreciate it. I need to slow

down at the way I'm thinking and redirect with proper perspective.

Thanks for the links and reads!

Kathy :)

Guest guest

Thanks Joni! I read it one time..........3 years ago. I need to

read it again! Also........your statements regarding metabolism

makes sense. My brain needs an over haul. lol

Kathy :)

> <<I've started BFL almost 4 weeks ago. I have yo yo'd on numerous

> diets for so long that I feel my body doesn't want to give up an

> ounce of fat>>

>

> And thats one reason right there why you wont see immediate

> noticable results - it will take awhile for your metabolism

> to 'recircuit-train' its wiring after having been on the

yoyogoround

> for so long. When you diet on and off and on again off again over

> and over it screws up your metabolism so much that any change in

> calories it thinks 'oh no here we go again' and thinks you are

going

> to starve it again so it goes into starvemode preservation. When

you

> get a few freedays in there or free meals (really just zigzagging

> your weekly calorie intake) it begins to realize 'hey this is

> different' and will start to let go of its stranglehold on your

> fatcells for energy use. You should really read over the Hussman

> site too about how it all happens from the inside out too -

meaning

> changes happen inside not noticable yet on the outside.

> http://www.hussman.org/fitness/

>

> Also I might add, think about this one - if you have been

overweight

> for quite awhile, what makes you think you will change so much in

> four short weeks? Stick to it - time will show the truth behind

all

> your hard work and perseverence - you'll reap the rewards only if

> you have patience as well - remember its a lifestyle change, not

> just a 12 week 'diet' :-)

>

>

> <<joni>>

> *a diamond is a piece of coal that stuck to the job*

Guest guest

Kathy,

When I did a challenge last year, I didn't lose much of anything until around

Week 6...then I hit a plateau until around Week 9. I only lost 11lbs the entire

challenge, but I went from a size 12 to a size 6/8 and lost approximately 7-8%

bodyfat. I was a bit discouraged with the scale, but everytime I would put on a

pair of pants and noticed that they were a bit looser than last time, I regained

confidence in the program.

Don't worry about the scale. Concentrate on your workouts and how you're

progressing. Focus on how much energy you have and how good you feel. Think

about what a great thing you're doing for your body.

C.

Kathy <pkall@...> wrote:

I've started BFL almost 4 weeks ago. I have yo yo'd on numerous

diets for so long that I feel my body doesn't want to give up an

ounce of fat.

I'm lifting free weights and I feel great (no sugar

cravings)......one of my dress jackets (that I couldn't even botton

up this past winter/spring.....now fits) but I'm discouraged that I

haven't lost much weight.

Any imput! I'm frustrated right now.

Thanks! Kathy

Guest guest

In a message dated 8/4/2004 10:32:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

sassykay59@... writes:

I am

curious about the body fat issue. He is quite thin, but getting tall.

So is Brittany, tall and thin. She wears a size 0. No fat at all for her.

Janet, mom to Brittany, CVID, age 13

Guest guest

Patty, I really believe nothing is happening. The liquid should be all

one color. And the only difference you should be able to note is the

formation of a culture on top of the liquid also maybe some bubbles and

brown ooglies which are dead yeast cells. I really don't know what

happened to the previous listmate, but at last report she only ended of

with twin cotton balls as the result of trying to brew with the

contents " ? " of the vials. And she didn't get a regular brew going until

she got a scoby from one of the other listmates.

Luv, Sprite :)

" When you drink the water, remember the spring. "

Chinese proverb

Check out my Kombucha Information page, it has links to all kinds of KT

info and more:

<A HREF= " http://www.geocities.com/ladyfangs.geo/Page5.html " >Sprite's

Kombucha Page</A>