RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

On the news in Dallas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey I just talked to CT and they said that channel 11 was there on Monday doing a story w/a mom doing an exit cast....could this be you ????

Yes, this was us. Everything has happened so fast. I got a call from the CBS 11 medical reporter last Wednesday afternoon. I spoke with her for a few minutes about doing a story on plagio. I told her that my twins were nearly done with their DOC bands and that Sara would be having her exit cast on Monday. I left on Thursday to go out of town for the weekend. They called me Monday morning and said that they had arranged everything with CT and they would be filming the casting.

We showed up to our appointment and there they were with cameras and all. She had just finished interviewing a well-known craniofacial surgeon in Dallas and wanted to film Sara's casting and Sam's final adjustment. She had to get back to the station, so she didn't even interview me.

She called me at 11:30 this morning and asked if I could meet her at CT at 12:30 for an interview. Yikes! I need a haircut and a 30 pound reduction!!! My kids were in the tub, I wasn't dressed, and no one had eaten lunch. Oh well. We made it and did a quick interview. On my way home I thought of so many things I could have said. I really don't think she got the connection with Tort, but we definitely talked about the need to educate young mothers. She also called Cigna to ask them why they don't pay for reconstructive procedures. I'm laughing now.

The story will air tonight or tomorrow night (Weds or Thurs) on the 10:00 news on Channel 11 in Dallas. She said the story might go national, but I'm not sure what that means. I'll make another post when I have details.

Anyway, Sara's exit cast was a very good experience. I was very apprehensive about it, but it went very well. She is very dramatic and can scream VERY lound, but she did great. She cried some during the first part, but when she sat up, she started sucking her thumb and playing with the noisy toys we had. I needed to have this cast done for my own peace of mind. I'm very concerned about regression, and now I have something to compare Sara's head to.

Did I mention that Sam graduated today as well? He still has a flat spot behind his ear, but he simply outgrew his band. It doesn't matter. He is so darn cute!!!

Gail, Sara and Sam's mom, DOC grads and TV stars!!!