4 eggs

1 cup sugar

1 vanilla bean -- split in half

1 tablespoons brandy

1 cup flour

1 1/2 cup milk

1 pounds cherries -- stoned

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an oval ovenproof dish about 13 inches

long. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Scrape the

vanilla bean and add the pulp to the egg mixture. Stir in the brandy and flour.

Whisk in the milk to form a smooth batter. In a mixing bowl, toss the cherries

with the remaining sugar. Place the cherries in the ovenproof dish. Pour the

batter over the cherries and place in the oven. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or

until the cake is sponge like. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes

before serving. Serve the clafoutis warm. Garnish with powdered sugar.

Recipe Notes

We love this when it's fresh from the oven. Not so much the next day.

Exported from A Cook's Books -- Recipe management for Macintosh

Guest guest

Hello - the "rule of thumb is… the pits are the pits" In other words - pits don't go into the Vitamix. Not only are they not really edible, they can ding the plastic of your container and are too rough on the blades.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 25, 2012, at 7:15 PM, dbaby wrote:

Ok ladies and gentlemen, I have a question. I've never really cared for cherries but now find that their isn't really nothing I don't like anymore. The hubby picked up some whole cherries the other day that are soooo good. I froze some for smoothies not even realizing they had pits. Yea, I know, but I've never liked them. My question is, can you blend those? I've read they were toxic and we all know I don't need that but other sites say they are ok. Any thoughts?

Guest guest

Ok thank you Lea Ann, ha at least they are now frozen so be easy to pit. Sent from my iPhoneOn Jun 25, 2012, at 7:18 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello - the "rule of thumb is… the pits are the pits" In other words - pits don't go into the Vitamix. Not only are they not really edible, they can ding the plastic of your container and are too rough on the blades.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On Jun 25, 2012, at 7:15 PM, dbaby wrote:

Ok ladies and gentlemen, I have a question. I've never really cared for cherries but now find that their isn't really nothing I don't like anymore. The hubby picked up some whole cherries the other day that are soooo good. I froze some for smoothies not even realizing they had pits. Yea, I know, but I've never liked them. My question is, can you blend those? I've read they were toxic and we all know I don't need that but other sites say they are ok. Any thoughts?

=