RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: [From OregonDCs]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Mark,

Just a one liner.

We are so used to miracles that we often give up too soon. A series of adjustments is the only way to tell if chiropractic can or cannot help.

When surgery is indicated, it can be a godsend but a ton of disc bulges respond to chiro care and a ton which go to surgery are made worse.

Chiropractic achieves more miracles than surgery but we get no respect.

(Might have been those plaid pants and white belts we used to wear!)

Keep the faith!

E. Abrahamson, D.C.

Chiropractic physician

Lake Oswego Chiropractic Clinic

315 Second Street

Lake Oswego, OR 97034

503-635-6246

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:28:36 -0700

Oregondcs < >

Subject:

I have a 24 year old female with leg discomfort and a burning right bottom of her foot. She was seen by an osteopath and a chiro who adjusted her back with no relief. She has some low back pain, normal reflexes, - SLR, - valsalva, x-rays showed no abnormalities or disc loss, no insurance at this time, not improving, stands all day at work. I’m still thinking a disc syndrome but all the facts don’t add up and adjustments, ice ,massage ,distraction, rest don’t help. Any ideas to try next?

Mark LaRue D.C.

Guest guest

Have you checked her foot? feet? Perhaps her foot and or feet need to be adjusted. Orthotics? Uterus or bladder issues, i.e., tipped uterus or they could be slightly prolapsed, especially if she's had children. Uterus and bladder, if even slightly displaced create many unpleasant symptoms, including foot and leg discomforts.

Janet L Rueger, DCCertified BodyTalk Practitioner149 Clear Creek Dr., # 105Ashland, OR, 97520541-690-6799bodytalk@...

On Sep 30, 2010, at 3:28 PM, Mark LaRue wrote:

I have a 24 year old female with leg discomfort and a

burning right bottom of her foot. She was seen by an osteopath and a chiro who

adjusted her back with no relief. She has some low back pain, normal reflexes,

- SLR, - valsalva, x-rays showed no abnormalities or disc loss, no insurance at

this time, not improving, stands all day at work. I’m still thinking a disc

syndrome but all the facts don’t add up and adjustments, ice ,massage ,distraction,

rest don’t help. Any ideas to try next? Mark

LaRue D.C.

Guest guest

Hi Mark,

Flexion/Distraction for protrusions components and increased adjusting; and yes, microcurrent can do wonders for that type of recalcitrant pain.

Sunny ;'-))

Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com

From: markslarue@...Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:28:36 -0700Subject:

I have a 24 year old female with leg discomfort and a burning right bottom of her foot. She was seen by an osteopath and a chiro who adjusted her back with no relief. She has some low back pain, normal reflexes, - SLR, - valsalva, x-rays showed no abnormalities or disc loss, no insurance at this time, not improving, stands all day at work. I’m still thinking a disc syndrome but all the facts don’t add up and adjustments, ice ,massage ,distraction, rest don’t help. Any ideas to try next?

Mark LaRue D.C.

Guest guest

I agree Dr Oliver, I did not have a good night sleep the year when my son was in Iraq, and if i knew then what I know about his missions I would be even more of a wreck. We owe all of our Vets a big thank youDr. A Caughlin DC CAC155 NW 1st Ave Day, Or. 97845 office 541-575-1063 fax 541-575-5554 From: dro@...Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 12:36:04 -0800Subject:

Dr. Grice, You are absolutely right! Families of Veterans also "served." They served during months of absence of a spouse, father or mother, caring for children alone, delivering babies alone, managing the household alone, spending a year of nights alone, waiting for that next letter alone (there was no e-mail or cell phones to call home). . . Indeed they served too. God bless them too. Larry L. Oliver, DC408 NW 7thCorvallis, OR541-757-9933fax 541-757-7713www.heresco.com The information contained in this electronic message may contain protected health information which is confidential under applicable law and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the recipient of the message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received the communication in error, please notify Heresco Chiropractic & Associates, 408 NW 7th St, Corvallis, OR 97330, 541-757-9933 and purge the communication immediately without making any copy or distribution -----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of GSent: Thursday, November 11, 2010 10:54 AM Subject: Vereran's Day Dr. Oliver, I agree with your post. I want to thank all of our member's service. Sometimes we don't know who we are really sitting next to in meetings, and the personal sacrifices they have gone through. For those of you I have met in the past, that I haven't had the opportunity to thank for your service, please take this as my personal gratitude. Hopefully in the future we will take care of this in person.My father-in-law served 28 years in the Air Force, spending several years in Viet Nam, and Europe. My uncles were both in the military in WWII, and Korea. They were all molded by their service, and their families were under tremendous sacrifice as well. I think the families are the forgotten and unappreciated members of the military. We should take time to honor them as wella Grice, DCAlbany, OR ------------------------------------ All posts must adhere to OregonDCs rules located on homepage at: /Tell a colleague about OregonDCs! (must be licensed Oregon DC)

Guest guest

Great. We have Oregon DC SPAM! Ted Forcum, DC, DACBSPBack In Motion Sports Injuries Clinic, LLCACA Sports Council, Past President'08 US Olympic Sports Medicine Team Member11385 SW Scholls Ferry RoadBeaverton, Oregon 97008503.524.9040www.bimsportsinjuries.com The information contained in this electronic message may contain protected health information confidential under applicable law, and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the recipient of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Back In Motion Sports Injuries Clinic, LLC at 11385 SW Scholls Ferry Road, Beaverton, OR-97008. and purge the communication immediately without making any copy or distribution. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of andrew chaSent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:06 AM ; ps8519@...; raysohn@...; riadunn@...; rianflad@...; ryankdalton@...; samson341@...; stephanie.walch@...; teresaschan@...; thanh_v_nguyen@...Subject: http://seliverstfliwika.blogspot.com

Guest guest

Ted and members:

Usually, the spam filter will catch these and hold them and alert me this

one went through for some reason. I emailed to let him know.

>

> Great. We have Oregon DC SPAM!

>

>

>

> Ted Forcum, DC, DACBSP

>

> Back In Motion Sports Injuries Clinic, LLC

>

> ACA Sports Council, Past President

>

> '08 US Olympic Sports Medicine Team Member

>

> 11385 SW Scholls Ferry Road

>

> Beaverton, Oregon 97008

>

> 503.524.9040

>

> www.bimsportsinjuries.com <http://www.bimsportsinjuries.com/>

>

>

>

>

>

> The information contained in this electronic message may contain protected

health information confidential under applicable law, and is intended only for

the use of the individual or entity named above. If the recipient of this

message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any

dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify Back In Motion

Sports Injuries Clinic, LLC at 11385 SW Scholls Ferry Road, Beaverton, OR-97008.

and purge the communication immediately without making any copy or distribution.

>

>

>

> From: [mailto: ] On Behalf

Of andrew cha

> Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:06 AM

> ; ps8519@...; raysohn@...; riadunn@...;

rianflad@...; ryankdalton@...; samson341@...; stephanie.walch@...;

teresaschan@...; thanh_v_nguyen@...

> Subject:

>

>

>

>

>

> http://seliverstfliwika.blogspot.com

>

Guest guest

I think the intent was to show us a website where you can order a multitude of prescription drugs without a prescription. Jamey DysonOn Nov 23, 2010, at 9:36 AM, spbkchiro97132 wrote:Ted and members:Usually, the spam filter will catch these and hold them and alert me this one went through for some reason. I emailed to let him know. >> Great. We have Oregon DC SPAM!> > > > Ted Forcum, DC, DACBSP> > Back In Motion Sports Injuries Clinic, LLC> > ACA Sports Council, Past President> > '08 US Olympic Sports Medicine Team Member> > 11385 SW Scholls Ferry Road> > Beaverton, Oregon 97008> > 503.524.9040> > www.bimsportsinjuries.com <http://www.bimsportsinjuries.com/> > > > > > > The information contained in this electronic message may contain protected health information confidential under applicable law, and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the recipient of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Back In Motion Sports Injuries Clinic, LLC at 11385 SW Scholls Ferry Road, Beaverton, OR-97008. and purge the communication immediately without making any copy or distribution.> > > > From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of andrew cha> Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:06 AM> ; ps8519@...; raysohn@...; riadunn@...; rianflad@...; ryankdalton@...; samson341@...; stephanie.walch@...; teresaschan@...; thanh_v_nguyen@...> Subject: > > > > > > http://seliverstfliwika.blogspot.com>

Guest guest

Vern Saboe has his clinic in Albany- watch this list for his address or look him up at OBCE if you don't have it. R Johansen D.C. PC,DABCOChiropractic Life Center12762 SE Stark StreetPortland Oregon 97233Voice 5032557746,Fax 5032550818----- Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 10:35:58 -0800

I met a youn woman last weekend who lives and works in Albany and is looking for a DC. Any of you listees practice there?

Dr. BourqueBend Whole Health Family Chiropractic354 NE Norton Ave.Bend, OR 97701(541)389-1191

____________________________________________________________Mortgage Rates Hit 2.99%If you owe under $729k you probably qualify for Gov't Refi ProgramsSeeRefinanceRates.com

Guest guest

Colin Grice, DC

821 Elm Street SW

Albany, OR 97321

541-928-5590

Posted by a very proud father/partner

Grice, DC

Albany, OR

On 1/25/2011 10:35 AM, Dr. J. Bourque wrote:

I met a youn woman last

weekend who lives and works in Albany and is looking for

a DC. Any of you listees practice there?

Dr. Bourque

Bend Whole Health Family Chiropractic

354 NE Norton Ave.

Bend, OR 97701

(541)389-1191

Guest guest

Is this spam?Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Huma Pierce <humatrouble@...>Sender: Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 18:48:48 -0800<dragger@...>; <steved@...>; <danm@...>; <dduemling1@...>; <gchase97203@...>; <drbobdc83@...>; <millerbunch6@...>; <rongrice@...>; <drdan@...>; <skrndc1@...>; Pitcairn<drjennifer@...>; <annmdurrant@...>; <doclind@...>; <drdaledc@...>; < >; <jwinterstein@...>; Vern Saboe<vsaboe@...>Cc: Mazzara<elizabeth.a.mazzara@...>Subject: FYICould be a good event if we have a coordinated showing...!http://oregongosh.com/

Guest guest

Dan,

First, check thyroid function (Free T4, Free T3, reverse T3). If you have current hormone panel, how's her estrogen level. Is she estrogen dominant? That will affect endocrine system, adrenals and thyroid. Hair loss and thyroid travel together, so I support the thyroid with hair loss. I use Thytrophin from Standard Process.

She needs minerals, check with Sunny on the liquid versus pill form for this. She also needs some liver support, I'd recommend A-F Betafood by Standard Process.

If it's a stress issue (new job, new move, new husband, etc) she may need some valerian or other herbs to calm.

How's her protein intake lately? Is she carbing a lot more because of winter? Is she taking flax oil or cod liver oil? How is her Vit D intake?

Christian Mathisen, DC, CCWFN

3654 S Pacific Hwy

Medford, OR 97501

cmathdc@...

Hello!I have a 28 y.o. female who has been loosing a lot of hair in the last twoweeks, she says that it is at least 4 of 5 times more then normal.Any nutrition help?I did ask the usual questions about change in food intake, increasestress, or anything else different, she could not think of anything.Thanks, Cote D.C.Silverton

Guest guest

Anyone have a good Dentist referral for downtown PDX?My best,Dr. Huma PierceDC fCBP OBCE Chiropractic First LLCThe Bicycle ChiropractorWww.c1pdx.comWww.thebicyclechiropractor.comOn Mar 1, 2011, at 2:37 PM, Jamey Dyson <drjdyson1@...> wrote:

Can we get Dr. Freeman to recommend an informed consent for Oregon chiropractors? One of the Gatti attorneys? What do you use Sharron?JameyOn Mar 1, 2011, at 2:20 PM, Sharron Fuchs wrote:Because it is using language that seems to be from the Cassidy paper that according to our Dr. Freeman is not correct. (see Dr. Freeman’s commentary below). All the plaintiff has to do is hire Dr. Freeman and he would eat them alive. No salt. No pepper. Dr. Cassidy acknowledged a risk for those less than 45 but when I emailed him he didn’t elaborate as to why. This sample informed consent says nothing about the age relatedness. I trust Dr. Freeman frankly, more than Dr. Cassidy whose own co-researcher disagreed with Dr. Cassidy’s conclusions. s. fuchs dc From: ph Medlin [mailto:spinetree@...] Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 2:04 PM ; Sharron FuchsSubject: Re: Informed Consent But, Dr. Dyson's form wouldn't hold water you say. Why not? ph Medlin D.C. From: Sharron FuchsSent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 1:28 PM Subject: RE: Informed Consent My impression is that lots of DCs do use them. Having a signed informed consent is a cheap way to avoid litigation.s. fuchs dcFrom: ph Medlin [mailto:spinetree@...] Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 12:32 PM ; Sharron FuchsSubject: Re: Informed ConsentI'm curious to know how many docs actually use these forms.I do not, and it appears that regardless we could be sued.ph Medlin D.C.From: sharronSent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 12:17 PM Subject: Re: Informed Consent Based on the following from Freeman re: Cassidy's 'research' I do not think the language in the informed consent posted by Dr. Dyson would hold water:s.fuchs dcFrom: Freeman [mailto:forensictrauma@...] Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 7:16 PMSharron FuchsSubject: Re: Risk of Vertebrobasilar Stroke and Chiropractic CareHi Sharron,Below are my comments about a report Cassidy did in a malpractice case in which the patient died after the manipulation.The first problem with the study was that the total number of subjects who had a stroke and who had seen a chiropractor in the 7 days prior to the stroke was only 14, and there were only 6 who saw a chiropractor on the same day as the stroke. As it is certainly true that chiropractic practices attract patients with neck pain, and patients who are already having a VBA dissection will have neck pain, then there is certainly a risk of a reverse causation conclusion (the manipulation caused the dissection) when the opposite is the case.This is NOT the case with the patient who presents with minimal or no neck symptoms and then has a stroke within 5 minutes of a cervical manipulation, as the probability of coincidental occurrence of stroke decreases dramatically as the time between the manipulation and the stroke lessens. If all 6 of the chiropractic patients had dissections or strokes within minutes of manipulation this would be extremely important information to have as the relationship would almost certainly not be coincidental, yet this information does not exist in the study described by Dr. Cassidy. Such study is complicated by the fact that there is no way to know from the study methods in how many of the 14 patients who saw chiropractors within a week of their stroke there would have been a causal relationship expected; if the answer is only 1 or 2 then the study would not have had sufficient power (numbers of subjects in each category) to identify a real difference between the groups. It is easiest to describe the flaw in this approach with analogy; consider drug A that is suspected to have fatal reaction in one in every 10,000 doses. If we wanted to study whether the drug A kills people versus drug B, which we know doesn't kill people, we could get 10,000 people who had died, and then find that 200 had taken drug A and 200 had taken drug B. We would incorrectly conclude that the rate of death due to drug A is no greater than with drug B, yet we only assembled 1/50th of the number of people who had taken the drug to find 1 person who had died from the drug! The errone ous conclusion would be that drug A doesn't kill people.It is important to note that whether chiropractic procedures are related to stroke is unrelated to the relationship of stroke and PCP visits. What the study does demonstrate is that patients who are having a VAD with neck pain will present to both a PCP and a chiropractor - an unsurprising finding. However, the paper doesn't demonstrate that a chiropractic treatment to the neck will not or cannot precipitate a stroke. The conclusion is fallacious because the methods of the study cannot disprove a causal relationship.In addition to the above comments about the faulty conclusions that Dr. Cassidy drew with regard to his study, I am in possession of a report of Dr. Silver, dated March 4, 2009. Dr. Silver is a neurologist and a co-author of Dr. Cassidy's, and he clearly does not share Dr. Cassidy's opinion that chiropractic manipulation is not causally associated with VBA stroke. In fact, Dr. Silver pointedly notes in his report that the paper he co-authored included a specific disclaimer that the research did NOT rule out chiropractic treatment as a cause of stroke. When one looks at the study itself, the reason for the need for the disclaimer which Dr. Silver brings forward, is simple. The types of epidemiologic studies that Dr. Cassidy referred to in his report cannot be used as a basis for drawing exclusive causal inferences, as such a study can, at best, be said to have failed to demonstrate a causal association. This is a well accepted fact in epidemiologic science and it is highly inappropriate and frankly wrong for Dr. Cassidy to draw the conclusions he has from his research, which was in fact designed to arrive at a no-relationship conclusion. As I have stated above, there are a number of methodologic problems with Dr. Cassidy's research, and I have only discussed some of them above, but would be happy to go into more detail if asked. For various reasons, some of which are a result of faulty study design, Dr. Cassidy's research failed to find an association between manipulation and VBA stroke. As I mentioned above, Dr. Cassidy be gan with this hypothesis, and chose to attempt to find proof to support this hypothesis. No unbiased scientist would interpret this study's findings to mean that chiropractic treatment doesn't or can't cause VBA stroke, and this can be seen by Dr. Silver's disagreement with the manner in which Dr. Cassidy is trying to use this study. D Freeman PhD MPH DCForensic EpidemiologistAffiliate ProfessorDepartment of Public Health and Preventive MedicineOregon Health and Science University School of Medicinehttp://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/schools/school-of-medicine/departments/clinical-departments/public-health/people/michael-d-freeman-phd-mph-d.cfmAdjunct Associate Professor of Forensic Medicine and EpidemiologyInstitute of Forensic Medicine, Faculty of Health SciencesAarhus University Aarhus, DenmarkMailing address: 1234 SW 18th Ave, Suite 102Portland, OR 97205T 971-255-1008, F 971-255-1046C 503-871-0715forensictrauma@...>> Thanks for that!> > ph Medlin D.C.> > > From: Jamey Dyson > Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 5:38 PM> Oregon > Subject: Informed Consent [1 Attachment]> > > I really like this informed consent. It explains the risks very well in my opinion.> Jamey> > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> > > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> > > I really like this informed consent. It explains the risks very well > in my opinion.> Jamey>

Guest guest

Gerry Fujii, DMD.  Personal friend, terrific chiropractic advocate and patient, and honestly the best dental experience you’ve ever had. http://www.fujiidentistry.com/pearl-district-dentist.htm Don , DCCorvallis From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Huma PierceSent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 12:22 PMJamey DysonCc: Sharron Fuchs; < >Subject: Re: Anyone have a good Dentist referral for downtown PDX?My best, Dr. Huma PierceDC fCBP OBCE Chiropractic First LLCThe Bicycle ChiropractorWww.c1pdx.comWww.thebicyclechiropractor.com On Mar 1, 2011, at 2:37 PM, Jamey Dyson <drjdyson1@...> wrote: Can we get Dr. Freeman to recommend an informed consent for Oregon chiropractors? One of the Gatti attorneys? What do you use Sharron?Jamey On Mar 1, 2011, at 2:20 PM, Sharron Fuchs wrote: Because it is using language that seems to be from the Cassidy paper that according to our Dr. Freeman is not correct. (see Dr. Freeman’s commentary below). All the plaintiff has to do is hire Dr. Freeman and he would eat them alive. No salt. No pepper. Dr. Cassidy acknowledged a risk for those less than 45 but when I emailed him he didn’t elaborate as to why. This sample informed consent says nothing about the age relatedness. I trust Dr. Freeman frankly, more than Dr. Cassidy whose own co-researcher disagreed with Dr. Cassidy’s conclusions. s. fuchs dc From: ph Medlin [mailto:spinetree@...] Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 2:04 PM ; Sharron FuchsSubject: Re: Informed Consent But, Dr. Dyson's form wouldn't hold water you say. Why not? ph Medlin D.C. From: Sharron FuchsSent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 1:28 PM Subject: RE: Informed Consent My impression is that lots of DCs do use them. Having a signed informed consent is a cheap way to avoid litigation.s. fuchs dcFrom: ph Medlin [mailto:spinetree@...] Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 12:32 PM ; Sharron FuchsSubject: Re: Informed ConsentI'm curious to know how many docs actually use these forms.I do not, and it appears that regardless we could be sued.ph Medlin D.C.From: sharronSent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 12:17 PM Subject: Re: Informed Consent Based on the following from Freeman re: Cassidy's 'research' I do not think the language in the informed consent posted by Dr. Dyson would hold water:s.fuchs dcFrom: Freeman [mailto:forensictrauma@...] Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 7:16 PMSharron FuchsSubject: Re: Risk of Vertebrobasilar Stroke and Chiropractic CareHi Sharron,Below are my comments about a report Cassidy did in a malpractice case in which the patient died after the manipulation.The first problem with the study was that the total number of subjects who had a stroke and who had seen a chiropractor in the 7 days prior to the stroke was only 14, and there were only 6 who saw a chiropractor on the same day as the stroke. As it is certainly true that chiropractic practices attract patients with neck pain, and patients who are already having a VBA dissection will have neck pain, then there is certainly a risk of a reverse causation conclusion (the manipulation caused the dissection) when the opposite is the case.This is NOT the case with the patient who presents with minimal or no neck symptoms and then has a stroke within 5 minutes of a cervical manipulation, as the probability of coincidental occurrence of stroke decreases dramatically as the time between the manipulation and the stroke lessens. If all 6 of the chiropractic patients had dissections or strokes within minutes of manipulation this would be extremely important information to have as the relationship would almost certainly not be coincidental, yet this information does not exist in the study described by Dr. Cassidy. Such study is complicated by the fact that there is no way to know from the study methods in how many of the 14 patients who saw chiropractors within a week of their stroke there would have been a causal relationship expected; if the answer is only 1 or 2 then the study would not have had sufficient power (numbers of subjects in each category) to identify a real difference between the groups. It is easiest to describe the flaw in this approach with analogy; consider drug A that is suspected to have fatal reaction in one in every 10,000 doses. If we wanted to study whether the drug A kills people versus drug B, which we know doesn't kill people, we could get 10,000 people who had died, and then find that 200 had taken drug A and 200 had taken drug B. We would incorrectly conclude that the rate of death due to drug A is no greater than with drug B, yet we only assembled 1/50th of the number of people who had taken the drug to find 1 person who had died from the drug! The errone ous conclusion would be that drug A doesn't kill people.It is important to note that whether chiropractic procedures are related to stroke is unrelated to the relationship of stroke and PCP visits. What the study does demonstrate is that patients who are having a VAD with neck pain will present to both a PCP and a chiropractor - an unsurprising finding. However, the paper doesn't demonstrate that a chiropractic treatment to the neck will not or cannot precipitate a stroke. The conclusion is fallacious because the methods of the study cannot disprove a causal relationship.In addition to the above comments about the faulty conclusions that Dr. Cassidy drew with regard to his study, I am in possession of a report of Dr. Silver, dated March 4, 2009. Dr. Silver is a neurologist and a co-author of Dr. Cassidy's, and he clearly does not share Dr. Cassidy's opinion that chiropractic manipulation is not causally associated with VBA stroke. In fact, Dr. Silver pointedly notes in his report that the paper he co-authored included a specific disclaimer that the research did NOT rule out chiropractic treatment as a cause of stroke. When one looks at the study itself, the reason for the need for the disclaimer which Dr. Silver brings forward, is simple. The types of epidemiologic studies that Dr. Cassidy referred to in his report cannot be used as a basis for drawing exclusive causal inferences, as such a study can, at best, be said to have failed to demonstrate a causal association. This is a well accepted fact in epidemiologic science and it is highly inappropriate and frankly wrong for Dr. Cassidy to draw the conclusions he has from his research, which was in fact designed to arrive at a no-relationship conclusion. As I have stated above, there are a number of methodologic problems with Dr. Cassidy's research, and I have only discussed some of them above, but would be happy to go into more detail if asked. For various reasons, some of which are a result of faulty study design, Dr. Cassidy's research failed to find an association between manipulation and VBA stroke. As I mentioned above, Dr. Cassidy be gan with this hypothesis, and chose to attempt to find proof to support this hypothesis. No unbiased scientist would interpret this study's findings to mean that chiropractic treatment doesn't or can't cause VBA stroke, and this can be seen by Dr. Silver's disagreement with the manner in which Dr. Cassidy is trying to use this study. D Freeman PhD MPH DCForensic EpidemiologistAffiliate ProfessorDepartment of Public Health and Preventive MedicineOregon Health and Science University School of Medicinehttp://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/schools/school-of-medicine/departments/clinical-departments/public-health/people/michael-d-freeman-phd-mph-d.cfmAdjunct Associate Professor of Forensic Medicine and EpidemiologyInstitute of Forensic Medicine, Faculty of Health SciencesAarhus University Aarhus, DenmarkMailing address: 1234 SW 18th Ave, Suite 102Portland, OR 97205T 971-255-1008, F 971-255-1046C 503-871-0715forensictrauma@...>> Thanks for that!> > ph Medlin D.C.> > > From: Jamey Dyson > Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 5:38 PM> Oregon > Subject: Informed Consent [1 Attachment]> > > I really like this informed consent. It explains the risks very well in my opinion.> Jamey> > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> > > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> > > I really like this informed consent. It explains the risks very well > in my opinion.> Jamey>

Guest guest

Thank you so much for the referrals!My best,Dr. Huma PierceDC fCBP OBCE Chiropractic First LLCThe Bicycle ChiropractorWww.c1pdx.comWww.thebicyclechiropractor.comOn Mar 2, 2011, at 2:33 PM, "Don " <don@...> wrote:

Gerry Fujii, DMD. Personal friend, terrific chiropractic advocate and patient, and honestly the best dental experience you’ve ever had. http://www.fujiidentistry.com/pearl-district-dentist.htm Don , DCCorvallis From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Huma PierceSent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 12:22 PMJamey DysonCc: Sharron Fuchs; < >Subject: Re: Anyone have a good Dentist referral for downtown PDX?My best, Dr. Huma PierceDC fCBP OBCE Chiropractic First LLCThe Bicycle ChiropractorWww.c1pdx.comWww.thebicyclechiropractor.com On Mar 1, 2011, at 2:37 PM, Jamey Dyson <drjdyson1@...> wrote: Can we get Dr. Freeman to recommend an informed consent for Oregon chiropractors? One of the Gatti attorneys? What do you use Sharron?Jamey On Mar 1, 2011, at 2:20 PM, Sharron Fuchs wrote: Because it is using language that seems to be from the Cassidy paper that according to our Dr. Freeman is not correct. (see Dr. Freeman’s commentary below). All the plaintiff has to do is hire Dr. Freeman and he would eat them alive. No salt. No pepper. Dr. Cassidy acknowledged a risk for those less than 45 but when I emailed him he didn’t elaborate as to why. This sample informed consent says nothing about the age relatedness. I trust Dr. Freeman frankly, more than Dr. Cassidy whose own co-researcher disagreed with Dr. Cassidy’s conclusions. s. fuchs dc From: ph Medlin [mailto:spinetree@...] Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 2:04 PM ; Sharron FuchsSubject: Re: Informed Consent But, Dr. Dyson's form wouldn't hold water you say. Why not? ph Medlin D.C. From: Sharron FuchsSent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 1:28 PM Subject: RE: Informed Consent My impression is that lots of DCs do use them. Having a signed informed consent is a cheap way to avoid litigation.s. fuchs dcFrom: ph Medlin [mailto:spinetree@...] Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 12:32 PM ; Sharron FuchsSubject: Re: Informed ConsentI'm curious to know how many docs actually use these forms.I do not, and it appears that regardless we could be sued.ph Medlin D.C.From: sharronSent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 12:17 PM Subject: Re: Informed Consent Based on the following from Freeman re: Cassidy's 'research' I do not think the language in the informed consent posted by Dr. Dyson would hold water:s.fuchs dcFrom: Freeman [mailto:forensictrauma@...] Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 7:16 PMSharron FuchsSubject: Re: Risk of Vertebrobasilar Stroke and Chiropractic CareHi Sharron,Below are my comments about a report Cassidy did in a malpractice case in which the patient died after the manipulation.The first problem with the study was that the total number of subjects who had a stroke and who had seen a chiropractor in the 7 days prior to the stroke was only 14, and there were only 6 who saw a chiropractor on the same day as the stroke. As it is certainly true that chiropractic practices attract patients with neck pain, and patients who are already having a VBA dissection will have neck pain, then there is certainly a risk of a reverse causation conclusion (the manipulation caused the dissection) when the opposite is the case.This is NOT the case with the patient who presents with minimal or no neck symptoms and then has a stroke within 5 minutes of a cervical manipulation, as the probability of coincidental occurrence of stroke decreases dramatically as the time between the manipulation and the stroke lessens. If all 6 of the chiropractic patients had dissections or strokes within minutes of manipulation this would be extremely important information to have as the relationship would almost certainly not be coincidental, yet this information does not exist in the study described by Dr. Cassidy. Such study is complicated by the fact that there is no way to know from the study methods in how many of the 14 patients who saw chiropractors within a week of their stroke there would have been a causal relationship expected; if the answer is only 1 or 2 then the study would not have had sufficient power (numbers of subjects in each category) to identify a real difference between the groups. It is easiest to describe the flaw in this approach with analogy; consider drug A that is suspected to have fatal reaction in one in every 10,000 doses. If we wanted to study whether the drug A kills people versus drug B, which we know doesn't kill people, we could get 10,000 people who had died, and then find that 200 had taken drug A and 200 had taken drug B. We would incorrectly conclude that the rate of death due to drug A is no greater than with drug B, yet we only assembled 1/50th of the number of people who had taken the drug to find 1 person who had died from the drug! The errone ous conclusion would be that drug A doesn't kill people.It is important to note that whether chiropractic procedures are related to stroke is unrelated to the relationship of stroke and PCP visits. What the study does demonstrate is that patients who are having a VAD with neck pain will present to both a PCP and a chiropractor - an unsurprising finding. However, the paper doesn't demonstrate that a chiropractic treatment to the neck will not or cannot precipitate a stroke. The conclusion is fallacious because the methods of the study cannot disprove a causal relationship.In addition to the above comments about the faulty conclusions that Dr. Cassidy drew with regard to his study, I am in possession of a report of Dr. Silver, dated March 4, 2009. Dr. Silver is a neurologist and a co-author of Dr. Cassidy's, and he clearly does not share Dr. Cassidy's opinion that chiropractic manipulation is not causally associated with VBA stroke. In fact, Dr. Silver pointedly notes in his report that the paper he co-authored included a specific disclaimer that the research did NOT rule out chiropractic treatment as a cause of stroke. When one looks at the study itself, the reason for the need for the disclaimer which Dr. Silver brings forward, is simple. The types of epidemiologic studies that Dr. Cassidy referred to in his report cannot be used as a basis for drawing exclusive causal inferences, as such a study can, at best, be said to have failed to demonstrate a causal association. This is a well accepted fact in epidemiologic science and it is highly inappropriate and frankly wrong for Dr. Cassidy to draw the conclusions he has from his research, which was in fact designed to arrive at a no-relationship conclusion. As I have stated above, there are a number of methodologic problems with Dr. Cassidy's research, and I have only discussed some of them above, but would be happy to go into more detail if asked. For various reasons, some of which are a result of faulty study design, Dr. Cassidy's research failed to find an association between manipulation and VBA stroke. As I mentioned above, Dr. Cassidy be gan with this hypothesis, and chose to attempt to find proof to support this hypothesis. No unbiased scientist would interpret this study's findings to mean that chiropractic treatment doesn't or can't cause VBA stroke, and this can be seen by Dr. Silver's disagreement with the manner in which Dr. Cassidy is trying to use this study. D Freeman PhD MPH DCForensic EpidemiologistAffiliate ProfessorDepartment of Public Health and Preventive MedicineOregon Health and Science University School of Medicinehttp://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/schools/school-of-medicine/departments/clinical-departments/public-health/people/michael-d-freeman-phd-mph-d.cfmAdjunct Associate Professor of Forensic Medicine and EpidemiologyInstitute of Forensic Medicine, Faculty of Health SciencesAarhus University Aarhus, DenmarkMailing address: 1234 SW 18th Ave, Suite 102Portland, OR 97205T 971-255-1008, F 971-255-1046C 503-871-0715forensictrauma@...>> Thanks for that!> > ph Medlin D.C.> > > From: Jamey Dyson > Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 5:38 PM> Oregon > Subject: Informed Consent [1 Attachment]> > > I really like this informed consent. It explains the risks very well in my opinion.> Jamey> > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> > > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> > > I really like this informed consent. It explains the risks very well > in my opinion.> Jamey>

Guest guest

Vern,

Your attachment won't open for me.

Christian Mathisen, DC

3654 S Pacific Hwy

Medford, OR 97501

cmathdc@...

On Sat 06/11/11 06:20:00 AM , "Vern Saboe" vsaboe@... sent:

Dear Colleagues,

Just for grins I've attached a document I put together for the Association a while back when a colleague got resistance from Blue Cross/Blue Shield as per their ability to order MRIs. Keep this handy in case you run in to similar resistance you might find it of use.

Blessings,

Vern Saboe

Guest guest

Well that’s what several colleagues are saying it’s simply a MS Word document?  The trouble may be with the list serve folk? From: cmathdc@... [mailto:cmathdc@...] Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2011 12:43 PMOregondcs ; Vern SaboeCc: lauren_mccabeSubject: Re: Vern,Your attachment won't open for me.Christian Mathisen, DC3654 S Pacific HwyMedford, OR 97501cmathdc@...On Sat 06/11/11 06:20:00 AM , " Vern Saboe " vsaboe@... sent: [Attachment(s) from Vern Saboe included below] Dear Colleagues, Just for grins I've attached a document I put together for the Association a while back when a colleague got resistance from Blue Cross/Blue Shield as per their ability to order MRIs. Keep this handy in case you run in to similar resistance you might find it of use. Blessings, Vern Saboe

Guest guest

Okay, there was an article from Digital Trends about this. The key sentences for me are: "Your friends’ numbers have been synced to Facebook for awhile–a long while. Either your friends have added their phone numbers to their own profiles o...r

you have one of the Facebook smartphone apps, which automatically syncs

with your phone’s address book. You are the only one who can see this compilation of your friends’ phone numbers.Respectfully,

Franchesca Vermillion, DC

Vermillion & Bloom, PC

Balance & Fitness through

Chiropractic Rehabilitation

1750 Blankenship Rd Ste 295

West Linn, OR 97068

503-268-3848

From: daniel.beebe@...Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:46:29 -0700Subject:

ALL THE PHONE NUMBERS of your contacts are now on facebook! go to the top right of the screen, click on ACCOUNT, click on EDIT FRIENDS, left side of screen and click CONTACTS. you will see ALL PHONE NUMBERS FROM YOUR CELL PHONE (FB friends or not) have been published. TO REMOVE, go to the right column below Phonebook Contacts, and click on "this page." please repost this on your status, so your friends can remove their numbers and thus prevent abuse if they do not want them published

Guest guest

Yes. they're one of the best, cleanest, purest products on the market. The "foot repair" cream is great for diabetics, but it's also a great 'face' cream! no kidding. It is great as a night cream to reduce fine lines and aging spots. I had a patient with horrible cracked heels. They bled. She'd tried everything. I bought a few jars of this foot repair ceam at the OCA annual convention. The company was a vendor. The patient's heels are 100% smooth after 2 weeks of nightly application. It's pretty remarkable. The sales rep told me this same cream is great on the face and I've been using it since. I know will enjoy this one...(hoof and mouth or something). The 'healing' cream is also great for muscle/ joint pain. I've had good success with it for chronic DJD in the lumbar spine, shoulder pain (rot cuff), wrist pain (tendonitis) and stiff necks. The company gave me about a dozen samples to give to patients when I ordered some. www.tropiceel.com

Minga Guerrero DC

abowoman@...

Does anyone have experience with a company named Tropiceel. They have a product that you rub on and is supposed to provide healing from the outside in or something. They us a lot of coconut and other tropical oils.

Larry L. Oliver, DC

408 NW 7th

Corvallis, OR

541-757-9933

fax 541-757-7713

www.heresco.com

dro@...

The information contained in this electronic message may contain protected health information which is confidential under applicable law and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the recipient of the message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received the communication in error, please notify Heresco Chiropractic & Associates, 408 NW 7th St, Corvallis, OR 97330, 541-757-9933 and purge the communication immediately without making any copy or distribution.