RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: pulp exposure management

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I THINK IS A .

From: Rumana am <rumana.maryam@...> Sent: Fri, 31 December, 2010 17:02:28Subject: pulp exposure managementhi plz help me out with this questionA 9 years-old child who has sustained a fracture of a maxillary permanent central incisor in which 2 mm of the pulp is exposed, presents for treatment 30 minutes after injury. Which of the following should be considered?A.Remove 1-2 mm of the pulp tissue surface, place calcium hydroxide and fill with resinB.Remove 1-2 mm of the pulp tissue surface and cover with ledermixC.Place calcium hydroxide directly on the exposed pulpD.Pulpotomy using formocresolE.Pulpectomy and immediate root

fillingthanksrumana------------------------------------

Guest guest

why do we need to remove pulp 1 to 2 mm, y cant we place caoh directly.?regardsrumanaFrom: Vera Lucia <veradentaluk@...>Subject: Re: pulp exposure management Date: Friday, 31 December, 2010, 5:27 PM

I THINK IS A .

From: Rumana am <rumana.maryam@...> Sent: Fri, 31 December, 2010 17:02:28Subject: pulp exposure managementhi plz help me out with this questionA 9 years-old child who has sustained a fracture of a maxillary permanent central incisor in which 2 mm of the pulp is exposed, presents for treatment 30 minutes after injury. Which of the following should be considered?A.Remove 1-2 mm of the pulp tissue surface, place calcium hydroxide and fill with resinB.Remove 1-2 mm of the pulp tissue surface and cover with ledermixC.Place calcium hydroxide directly on the exposed pulpD.Pulpotomy using formocresolE.Pulpectomy and immediate root

Guest guest

PARTIAL PULPOTOMY (CVEK TECHNIQUE).

The partial pulpotomy (Cvek’s technique)5 . It consists of the clean amputation of the exposed pulp tissue to a depth of 1 to 2 mm within dentin of the pulp chamber. After pulpotomy, the pulpal wound is covered with calcium hydroxide ; then the prepared cavity is sealed with a glass ionomer cement or a composite crown.

From: Rumana am <rumana.maryam@...> Sent: Fri, 31 December, 2010 17:28:38Subject: Re: pulp exposure management

why do we need to remove pulp 1 to 2 mm, y cant we place caoh directly.?regardsrumana

From: Vera Lucia <veradentaluk@...>Subject: Re: pulp exposure management Date: Friday, 31 December, 2010, 5:27 PM

I THINK IS A .

Guest guest

If pulp exposure is not more than 2mm,occured within 24 hours,tooth is still asymptomatic no pain etc. and bleeding can be stopped easily then do direct pulp capping with Ca(OH) & review in 1 week,1month & 1 year,

If pulp exposure was more than 2mm,occured more than 24 hours before or if symptomatic or asymptomatic or if bleeding cant be stopped then Vital pulpotomy or Cvek pulpotomy to remove 2 mm of pulp and covered by Ca(OH) or MTA.Restore with GI or Compo & review in 3 months.

Please correct me Adnan

From: Vera Lucia <veradentaluk@...>Subject: Re: pulp exposure management Date: Friday, 31 December, 2010, 5:27 PM

I THINK IS A .

Guest guest

bcoz the pulp is exposed now its open,in contact with the oral environment and we have other pathogens in our oral cavity and to prevent spread of infection removal of 1-2 mm of exposed pulp is required .....i think.... From: Vera Lucia <veradentaluk@...>Subject: Re: pulp exposure management Date: Friday, 31 December, 2010, 5:27 PM

I THINK IS A .

Guest guest

to prevent infection as blood is infection attracting media and we have oppurtunistic pathogens in oral cavity once the pulp is exposed it has to be treated by removal of a part of it followed by placing a suitable medicament .........

I THINK IS A .