RemedySpot.com

Re: fever - Sherri

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That sounds like swine flu. My kids all had it and it was exactly like that. One of them didn't even get a fever. The distinguishing factor is that it starts with the bad cough (swine flu attacks the lungs first) while a cold and most types of flu will develop into a cough later on.

At 05:49 AM 12/31/2009, you wrote:

hi sherri,

i have a question about fevers. my 22 month old had her second

fever since she was born just this week. it only went up to about 101.6

up/down for 4 days and then it was gone. of course i gave no tylenol. her

symptoms started with a deep cough, then fever, then a very bad

cold

two questions-

1. can i tell if this was a flu or just a cold? she was not so bad that

made me think it was the flu but who knows.

does it matter what you name it?

if it was only a cold, is it good or bad that she got a fever? i never

get a fever with a cold.

everyone is different and a fever, if it happens, is necessary.

Just trust her body knows what it was doing

thanks so much

Sure

http://www.wellwithin1.com/fever.htm

Glad she is better

Sheri

At 07:07 AM 12/31/2009, you wrote:

That sounds like swine

flu. My kids all had it and it was exactly like that. One of

them didn't even get a fever. The distinguishing factor is that it

starts with the bad cough (swine flu attacks the lungs first) while a

cold and most types of flu will develop into a cough later on.

I encourage all NOT to buy into swine flu and what they say the symptoms

are

things come and go all the time in our bodies and those same symptoms

existed long before a label of swine flu.

anything that is told to us about so-called swine flu is suspect,

including anything about it attacking the lungs first.

My opinion

Sheri

This is a really good reminder for me, personally.  With all three of my kids sick right now (and a husband that begs me to give Dd2 a decongestant (at night when it is at its worst for her), it just doesn't matter what you call the ailment; cold, flu, stomach bug, whatever.  As the print on my wall says "It is what it is".Chris****

are

My opinion

Sheri

great one

we don't have to label everything - the label is meaningless - a label is

just used to sell drugs anyway

Sherii

As the print on my wall says " It is what it is " .

Chris

are

My opinion

Sheri

the only reason why i wanted to know if it was the flu is to see what my 22 month old dd is capable of fighting. she had a vaccination reaction at 5 months and i was told that her immune system was weak, which is not good. since that time she has gotten sick only once, so i was told that she has an overactive immune system, which is not good. i am not sure what to believe. in any event, if my dd does get sick, i'd like to know just how effective her immune system is at fighting something, especially something as powerful as the flu. this may give me a glimpse into the effectiveness of her immune system. Does that make sense? On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Sheri Nakken wrote: great one we don't have to label everything - the label is meaningless - a label is just used to sell drugs anyway Sherii As the print on my wall says " It is what it is " . **** I encourage all NOT to buy into swine flu and what they say the symptoms are things come and go all the time in our bodies and those same symptoms existed long before a label of swine flu. anything that is told to us about so-called swine flu is suspect, including anything about it attacking the lungs first. My opinion Sheri

Hi Christie

I understand

But try to let go of the belief that flu is powerful - that it is an

intense disease.

And really work on trying to let go of the names of things.

Your daughter was sick and that is it.

She was able to mount a reaction with symptoms which is good. She

survived and probably will be healthier for it.

Most illness is a release of toxins and disturbances inherited and also

acquired after birth (from vaccines and the environment).

The body does all it can to get rid of that toxic load and those result

in symptoms. Strong effective symptoms are good that are effective

at dissipating the disturbance.

Try to shift how you look at itl

Sheri

At 10:13 AM 12/31/2009, you wrote:

the only reason why i wanted to know if it was the flu is to see

what my 22 month old dd is capable of fighting. she had a vaccination

reaction at 5 months and i was told that her immune system was weak,

which is not good. since that time she has gotten sick only once, so i

was told that she has an overactive immune system, which is not good. i

am not sure what to believe. in any event, if my dd does get sick, i'd

like to know just how effective her immune system is at fighting

something, especially something as powerful as the flu. this may give me

a glimpse into the effectiveness of her immune system. Does that make

sense?

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Sheri Nakken wrote:

great one

Sherii

As the print on my wall says " It is what it is " .

are

including anything about

Having a vaccine reaction is NOT from an overactive immune system. I cannot believe the doctors would tell you it was. I see it as quite the opposite. Her immune system was fighting the toxins in the vaccine. That is a sign of strength.

Winnie RE: fever - SherriVaccinations > > the only reason why i wanted to know if it was the flu is to > see what > my 22 month old dd is capable of fighting. she had a vaccination > reaction at 5 months and i was told that her immune system was > weak, > which is not good. since that time she has gotten sick only > once, so i > was told that she has an overactive immune system, which is not > good. i > am not sure what to believe. in any event, if my dd does get > sick, i'd > like to know just how effective her immune system is at fighting > something, especially something as powerful as the flu. this may > give me > a glimpse into the effectiveness of her immune system. Does that > make > sense?> > On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Sheri Nakken wrote:> > great one> we don't have to label everything - the label is meaningless - a > label > is just used to sell drugs anyway> Sherii> > As the print on my wall says "It is what it is".> > Chris> > ****> I encourage all NOT to buy into swine flu and what they say the > symptoms > are> things come and go all the time in our bodies and those same > symptoms > existed long before a label of swine flu.> > anything that is told to us about so-called swine flu is > suspect, > including anything about it attacking the lungs first.> > My opinion> Sheri> > > > >

yeah, the doctors at cornell wanted to do IVIG therapy. they say it was an underactive immune system. On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 2:11 PM, wharrison@... wrote: Having a vaccine reaction is NOT from an overactive immune system. I cannot believe the doctors would tell you it was. I see it as quite the opposite. Her immune system was fighting the toxins in the vaccine. That is a sign of strength. Winnie RE: fever - Sherri Vaccinations > > the only reason why i wanted to know if it was the flu is to > see what > my 22 month old dd is capable of fighting. she had a vaccination > reaction at 5 months and i was told that her immune system was > weak, > which is not good. since that time she has gotten sick only > once, so i > was told that she has an overactive immune system, which is not > good. i > am not sure what to believe. in any event, if my dd does get > sick, i'd > like to know just how effective her immune system is at fighting > something, especially something as powerful as the flu. this may > give me > a glimpse into the effectiveness of her immune system. Does that > make > sense? > > On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Sheri Nakken wrote: > > great one > we don't have to label everything - the label is meaningless - a > label > is just used to sell drugs anyway > Sherii > > As the print on my wall says " It is what it is " . > > > > **** > I encourage all NOT to buy into swine flu and what they say the > symptoms > are > things come and go all the time in our bodies and those same > symptoms > existed long before a label of swine flu. > > anything that is told to us about so-called swine flu is > suspect, > including anything about it attacking the lungs first. > > My opinion > Sheri > > > > >

thanks, Sherri. i guess when i hear about people, especially children, dying of the swine flu etc, i worry. i have no idea what to expect with her as she is so young and been through so much. i will try to alter my thinking...On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Sheri Nakken wrote: Hi Christie I understand But try to let go of the belief that flu is powerful - that it is an intense disease. And really work on trying to let go of the names of things. Your daughter was sick and that is it. She was able to mount a reaction with symptoms which is good. She survived and probably will be healthier for it. Most illness is a release of toxins and disturbances inherited and also acquired after birth (from vaccines and the environment) . The body does all it can to get rid of that toxic load and those result in symptoms. Strong effective symptoms are good that are effective at dissipating the disturbance. Try to shift how you look at itl Sheri At 10:13 AM 12/31/2009, you wrote: the only reason why i wanted to know if it was the flu is to see what my 22 month old dd is capable of fighting. she had a vaccination reaction at 5 months and i was told that her immune system was weak, which is not good. since that time she has gotten sick only once, so i was told that she has an overactive immune system, which is not good. i am not sure what to believe. in any event, if my dd does get sick, i'd like to know just how effective her immune system is at fighting something, especially something as powerful as the flu. this may give me a glimpse into the effectiveness of her immune system. Does that make sense? On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Sheri Nakken wrote: great one we don't have to label everything - the label is meaningless - a label is just used to sell drugs anyway Sherii As the print on my wall says " It is what it is " . **** I encourage all NOT to buy into swine flu and what they say the symptoms are things come and go all the time in our bodies and those same symptoms existed long before a label of swine flu. anything that is told to us about so-called swine flu is suspect, including anything about

It sounds more like a cold because I don't think of flu as ending up with stuffy head-type cold symptoms. As for the fever, 101.6 is not too, too high but I can see why you'd question it for a cold. Here's a chart comparing the two: http://www.rpi.edu/about/flu/SymptomDifferences.pdf.

I agree that the labels don't matter. Sick is sick. We NEVER got tested for anything when I was growing up. If we got sick, it didn't matter what caused it. We were bedridden and given aspirin crushed in applesauce, tea, toast and a throw-up pot next to the bed. If we used it, then we starved. Then we stayed in bed with books and crosswords puzzles (no TV--only one downstairs) until we were bored to tears and begging to be set free. Then we were forced to wait another day.

Anyway, good job taking care of your daughter so well!

Winnie fever - SherriVaccinations > > > hi sherri,> > i have a question about fevers. my 22 month old had her second > fever > since she was born just this week. it only went up to about > 101.6 > up/down for 4 days and then it was gone. of course i gave no > tylenol. > her symptoms started with a deep cough, then fever, then a very > bad cold> > two questions-> > 1. can i tell if this was a flu or just a cold? she was not so > bad that > made me think it was the flu but who knows.> > 2. if it was only a cold, is it good or bad that she got a > fever? i > never get a fever with a cold.> > thanks so much> > christie> > > On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Pixeleen wrote:> > There is a rabies test that uses saliva only.> > Hollie> > http://www.thebusin essofbeingborn. com/> http://www.whale. to/vaccines. html> My son was born at home and is vaccine-free! !!> > > > >

Confused...you said before it was overactive? Either way, I am assuming they tested her for this supposed immune system problem AFTER she was vaccinated, no? That is an extreme form of denial of vaccine reactions to blame her for not tolerating the vaccines. And the IVIG therapy--scary stuff.

She sounds as if she's doing pretty well, now, though.

Winnie

RE: fever - Sherri> Vaccinations> > >> > the only reason why i wanted to know if it was the flu is to > see what > > my 22 month old dd is capable of fighting. she had a > vaccination > > reaction at 5 months and i was told that her immune system was > weak, > > which is not good. since that time she has gotten sick only > once, so i > > was told that she has an overactive immune system, which is > not good. > > i am not sure what to believe. in any event, if my dd does get > sick, > > i'd like to know just how effective her immune system is at > fighting > > something, especially something as powerful as the flu. this > may give > > me a glimpse into the effectiveness of her immune system. Does > that > > make sense?> > On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Sheri Nakken wrote:> > great one we don't have to label everything - the label is > meaningless > > - a label is just used to sell drugs anyway Sherii> > As the print on my wall says "It is what it is".> > Chris> > **** I encourage all NOT to buy into swine flu and what they > say the > > symptoms are things come and go all the time in our bodies and > those > > same symptoms existed long before a label of swine flu.> > anything that is told to us about so-called swine flu is > suspect, > > including anything about it attacking the lungs first.> > My opinion Sheri> >> >> >> >> >

sorry, i was not clear. yes, immediately after the vaccination, they said they wanted to do IVIG b/c of an underactive immune system, which we did not do. thankfully. 'since that time, she has gotten sick once in about 18 months. someone from this list suggested that this is because she has an overactive immune system. the result --- confusion - as you might expect. yes, she is doing very well, thanks to the help of dr. rossignol and an obsessed mom. i may have lost a husband over it but i have a perfect little girl......i've learned so much, in large part b.c of this listchristieOn Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 2:46 PM, wharrison@... wrote: Confused...you said before it was overactive? Either way, I am assuming they tested her for this supposed immune system problem AFTER she was vaccinated, no? That is an extreme form of denial of vaccine reactions to blame her for not tolerating the vaccines. And the IVIG therapy--scary stuff. She sounds as if she's doing pretty well, now, though. Winnie RE: fever - Sherri > Vaccinations@ groups. com > > > > > the only reason why i wanted to know if it was the flu is to > see what > > my 22 month old dd is capable of fighting. she had a > vaccination > > reaction at 5 months and i was told that her immune system was > weak, > > which is not good. since that time she has gotten sick only > once, so i > > was told that she has an overactive immune system, which is > not good. > > i am not sure what to believe. in any event, if my dd does get > sick, > > i'd like to know just how effective her immune system is at > fighting > > something, especially something as powerful as the flu. this > may give > > me a glimpse into the effectiveness of her immune system. Does > that > > make sense? > > On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Sheri Nakken wrote: > > great one we don't have to label everything - the label is > meaningless > > - a label is just used to sell drugs anyway Sherii > > As the print on my wall says " It is what it is " . > > > > **** I encourage all NOT to buy into swine flu and what they > say the > > symptoms are things come and go all the time in our bodies and > those > > same symptoms existed long before a label of swine flu. > > anything that is told to us about so-called swine flu is > suspect, > > including anything about it attacking the lungs first. > > My opinion Sheri > > > > > > > > > >

Most people probably would have been so scared they would have done that therapy. Good for you to be so smart!

Winnie RE: fever - > Sherri > > Vaccinations> >>> >> the only reason why i wanted to know if it was the flu is to> > see what> >> my 22 month old dd is capable of fighting. she had a> > vaccination> >> reaction at 5 months and i was told that her immune system was> > weak,> >> which is not good. since that time she has gotten sick only> > once, so i> >> was told that she has an overactive immune system, which is> > not good.> >> i am not sure what to believe. in any event, if my dd does get> > sick,> >> i'd like to know just how effective her immune system is at> > fighting> >> something, especially something as powerful as the flu. this> > may give> >> me a glimpse into the effectiveness of her immune system. Does> > that> >> make sense? On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Sheri Nakken > wrote: > >> great one we don't have to label everything - the label is> > meaningless> >> - a label is just used to sell drugs anyway Sherii As the > print on my > >> wall says "It is what it is". **** I encourage all NOT > to buy > >> into swine flu and what they> > say the> >> symptoms are things come and go all the time in our bodies and> > those> >> same symptoms existed long before a label of swine flu. > anything that > >> is told to us about so-called swine flu is> > suspect,> >> including anything about it attacking the lungs first. My > opinion > >> Sheri> >>> >>> >>> >> >> >

I'm sorry but I feel like you like a fish buying the government line hook line and sinker (with the greatest respect). Who knows whether it's swine flu, seasonal flu, the common cold or some other bacterial or viral infection. The thing is that if you treat naturally, what the illness is called is irrelevant - you treat based on the person, the symptoms and the effect they are having on the person. What's in a name? :-)

On 01/01/2010, at 2:07 AM, Glazer wrote:

That sounds like swine flu. My kids all had it and it was exactly like that. One of them didn't even get a fever. The distinguishing factor is that it starts with the bad cough (swine flu attacks the lungs first) while a cold and most types of flu will develop into a cough later on.

If I can add something here, Tarrant who is a great Australian chiropractor, has taught her family not to say that they are sick. Instead, they say they are having a wellness expression. I know this probably sounds a bit silly. But it means that instead of having any fear when an illness rears its head, they celebrate it and think about how much better and stronger they will be when they come out the other side. Also, a wellness expression is where your body is talking to you - expressing itself - and instead of trying to stomp on it and saying 'shut the hell up!', if we ask it - what are you trying to say?, we can learn what it is that our body needs and give it that. It is a very different philosophy and one that sits very well with me - perhaps it will with you too?

All the best,Meryl

On 01/01/2010, at 5:22 AM, Sheri Nakken wrote:

Hi Christie

I understand

But try to let go of the belief that flu is powerful - that it is an

intense disease.

And really work on trying to let go of the names of things.

Your daughter was sick and that is it.

She was able to mount a reaction with symptoms which is good. She

survived and probably will be healthier for it.

Most illness is a release of toxins and disturbances inherited and also

acquired after birth (from vaccines and the environment).

The body does all it can to get rid of that toxic load and those result

in symptoms. Strong effective symptoms are good that are effective

at dissipating the disturbance.

Try to shift how you look at itl

Sheri

At 10:13 AM 12/31/2009, you wrote:

the only reason why i wanted to know if it was the flu is to see

what my 22 month old dd is capable of fighting. she had a vaccination

reaction at 5 months and i was told that her immune system was weak,

which is not good. since that time she has gotten sick only once, so i

was told that she has an overactive immune system, which is not good. i

am not sure what to believe. in any event, if my dd does get sick, i'd

like to know just how effective her immune system is at fighting

something, especially something as powerful as the flu. this may give me

a glimpse into the effectiveness of her immune system. Does that make

sense?

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Sheri Nakken wrote:

great one

Sherii

As the print on my wall says "It is what it is".

are

including anything about

Winnie, you brought back some "fond" memories! :-P

I'd forgotten about aspirin crushed in applesauce! Did we share the

same mom??

~Kim

Untitled

wharrison@... wrote:

It sounds more like a cold because I don't think of flu as

ending up with stuffy head-type cold symptoms. As for the fever, 101.6

is not too, too high but I can see why you'd question it for a cold.

Here's a chart comparing the two: http://www.rpi.edu/about/flu/SymptomDifferences.pdf.

I agree that the labels don't matter. Sick is sick. We NEVER got

tested for anything when I was growing up. If we got sick, it didn't

matter what caused it. We were bedridden and given aspirin crushed in

applesauce, tea, toast and a throw-up pot next to the bed. If we used

it, then we starved. Then we stayed in bed with books and crosswords

puzzles (no TV--only one downstairs) until we were bored to tears and

begging to be set free. Then we were forced to wait another day.

Anyway, good job taking care of your daughter so well!

Winnie

fever - Sherri

Vaccinations

>

>

> hi sherri,

>

> i have a question about fevers. my 22 month old had her second

> fever

> since she was born just this week. it only went up to about

> 101.6

> up/down for 4 days and then it was gone. of course i gave no

> tylenol.

> her symptoms started with a deep cough, then fever, then a very

> bad cold

>

> two questions-

>

> 1. can i tell if this was a flu or just a cold? she was not so

> bad that

> made me think it was the flu but who knows.

>

> 2. if it was only a cold, is it good or bad that she got a

> fever? i

> never get a fever with a cold.

>

> thanks so much

>

> christ ie

>

>

> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Pixeleen wrote:

>

> There is a rabies test that uses saliva only.

>

> Hollie

>

> http://www.thebusin essofbeingborn. com/

> http://www.whale. to/vaccines. html

> My son was born at home and is vaccine-free! !!

>

>

>

>

>

I knew there were some of us who escaped!

Winnie fever - Sherri> > Vaccinations > >> > >> > >> > > hi sherri,> > >> > > i have a question about fevers. my 22 month old had her second> > > fever> > > since she was born just this week. it only went up to about> > > 101.6> > > up/down for 4 days and then it was gone. of course i gave no> > > tylenol.> > > her symptoms started with a deep cough, then fever, then a very> > > bad cold> > >> > > two questions-> > >> > > 1. can i tell if this was a flu or just a cold? she was not so> > > bad that> > > made me think it was the flu but who knows.> > >> > > 2. if it was only a cold, is it good or bad that she got a> > > fever? i> > > never get a fever with a cold.> > >> > > thanks so much> > >> > > christ ie> > >> > >> > > On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Pixeleen wrote:> > >> > > There is a rabies test that uses saliva only.> > >> > > Hollie> > >> > > http://www.thebusin essofbeingborn. com/> > > http://www.whale. to/vaccines. html> > > My son was born at home and is vaccine-free! !!> > >> > > > > >> > >> > >> > >