RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Need a little advice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I bet my family would enjoy watching me. Guess I might need to go hide in the master bedroom. I just hope I dont make that mistake again as I'm not mutch of a dancer :) Ken Mills <tracy@...> wrote: Ken, next time try doing a few things that always help me when

something is stuck. Right away when you know something is stuck, if you cannot bring it back up (the best thing to do is to go ahead and try to vomit) then try hot water. Very small sips of very hot water while standing up. Then lift your arms above your head and breath as deep as you can once or twice. Now jump a couple times. Bring your arms back down, take a few more sips, then repeat with arms above your head. I know it sounds funny, and looks funny too, but it works. You can call it the “no PB dance”. J Mills DOB 3/1/05 280/168/160 http://www.tracyslapband.com From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of ken bergSent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 11:47 PMTo:

Subject: Re: Need a little advice Thanks Rhonda: I'm not sure what happened; at 3:00 today I was slimeing away, after trying to eat something/anything and was still having a lot of pain just from micro-sips of water. An hour later when at Cosco I couldn't resist a sliver of BBQ pork that they were sampling, I was very hesitant to try eating something as everything was making me slime for an hour and a half afterward. But I chewed for what seemed like forever, swallowed, and nothing happened. I guess the chicken that

got stuck was still their? then just passed through? Like I said, an hour before it was agony to swallow anything. I had nothing to eat or drink for about 50 hours because of the pain. Then, just like that, I was able to eat and drink like normal. What ever it was I do not want to repeat it. My weight has been flying off having lost 41 pound since surgery on 06/09/06. Thanks for you advise Kenrondanacomcast (DOT) net wrote: Hi Ken, Sorry to hear about your episode :) Hope your feeling better. Nina's suggestion is good. Wait about 6 hours then maybe try to sip warm tea, broth just like post-op. It has always helped me when I'm tight or irritated to drink warm drinks verses cold for whatever reason?!. Hows your weight loss coming along??? Good I hope :) Take care.... Dana 2-1-06 200-152-140 -------------- Original message -------------- From: "piensky2001" <piensky2001 > Hello Eveyone: I need some advice. I had my first experience last night with food getting stuck; I was eating some chicken and it stopped dead in its tracks. I was not able to "PB" for about four hours. I was dealing with lots of slime for that entire time. I know that it can irritate the stoma so eating and drinking can be a problem for a while; however,it is 10pm the next day and I have not been able to eat

or drink anything, not drinking when you live in Phoenix is a bad thing. I have been having the usual mental worries ie, my band slipped or some other thing is wrong, though I'm sure its fine. The PB part was not a physically harsh thing so i dont thing any damage would have been done. My concern is how long can the irritation last befoe I am able to drink or eat. I have tried drinking water, eating very smooth yogurt, milk and ice cream all with no sucess. I thank all in advance for the shared knowledge and advice.KenDOB 06/09/06365/360/321/195 See the all-new, redesigned .com. Check it out.

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Ok, I have to ask....what is "PB"????? Terry Mills <tracy@...> wrote: Ken, next time try doing a few things that always help me when something is stuck. Right away when you know something is stuck, if you cannot bring it back up (the best thing to do is to go ahead and try to vomit)

then try hot water. Very small sips of very hot water while standing up. Then lift your arms above your head and breath as deep as you can once or twice. Now jump a couple times. Bring your arms back down, take a few more sips, then repeat with arms above your head. I know it sounds funny, and looks funny too, but it works. You can call it the “no PB dance”. J

Mills DOB 3/1/05 280/168/160 http://www.tracyslapband.com From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of ken bergSent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 11:47 PM Subject: Re: Need a little

advice Thanks Rhonda: I'm not sure what happened; at 3:00 today I was slimeing away, after trying to eat something/anything and was still having a lot of pain just from micro-sips of water. An hour later when at Cosco I couldn't resist a sliver of BBQ pork that they were sampling, I was very hesitant to try eating something as everything was making me slime for an hour and a half afterward. But I chewed for what seemed like forever, swallowed, and nothing happened. I guess the chicken that got stuck was still their? then just passed through? Like I said, an hour before it was agony to swallow anything. I had nothing to eat or drink for

about 50 hours because of the pain. Then, just like that, I was able to eat and drink like normal. What ever it was I do not want to repeat it. My weight has been flying off having lost 41 pound since surgery on 06/09/06. Thanks for you advise Kenrondanacomcast (DOT) net wrote: Hi Ken, Sorry to hear about your episode :) Hope your feeling better. Nina's suggestion is good. Wait about 6

hours then maybe try to sip warm tea, broth just like post-op. It has always helped me when I'm tight or irritated to drink warm drinks verses cold for whatever reason?!. Hows your weight loss coming along??? Good I hope :) Take care.... Dana 2-1-06 200-152-140 -------------- Original message -------------- From: "piensky2001" <piensky2001 > Hello Eveyone: I need some advice. I had my first experience last night with food getting stuck; I was eating some chicken and it stopped dead in its tracks. I was not able to "PB" for about four hours. I was dealing with lots of slime for that entire time. I know that it can irritate the stoma so eating and drinking can be a problem for a while; however,it is 10pm the next day and I have not been able to eat or drink anything, not drinking when you live in Phoenix is a bad thing. I have been having the usual mental worries ie, my band

slipped or some other thing is wrong, though I'm sure its fine. The PB part was not a physically harsh thing so i dont thing any damage would have been done. My concern is how long can the irritation last befoe I am able to drink or eat. I have tried drinking water, eating very smooth yogurt, milk and ice cream all with no sucess. I thank all in advance for the shared knowledge and advice.KenDOB 06/09/06365/360/321/195 See the all-new, redesigned .com. Check it out.

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs.

Try it free.

Guest guest

Popular Terms

1. PB

-- Productive Burp-- Also the same as vomiting, but usually used when a small

portion of food comes up because you have either:

a. Eaten too much

b. Not chewed your food well enough

c. Eaten something (like bread, or rice) that gets stuck

2. Slime- When you get something stuck, your body starts to produce thick

saliva to try and pass it through the stoma. The saliva will come up and you

will have to spit it out. If you PB the slime, it is like throwing up a jelly

fish!

3. Lapband-- A gastric band device is introduced through tiny (1cm) incisions

in the abdomen and is placed around the upper part of the stomach. The

resulting pouch (or the " new stomach " ) dramatically reduces the

functional capacity of the stomach.

4. Port -- This is the access port where a " fill doctor " will stick a

needle filled with saline in, and " Fill " the band in order to have

more restriction.

5. NSV: Non-scale victory -- a weight-loss achievement that has little to do

with numbers

6. WLS: Weight-loss surgery

7. MO: Morbid Obesity (or morbidly obese)

8. BMI: Body Mass Index

9. GBP: Gastric bypass surgery

10. RNY: Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery (the most popular type of bariatric

surgery)

11. DS: Duodenal switch (another type of bariatric surgery)

12. NSAIDS: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (a class of

painkillers--which includes ibuprofen--bandsters should try to avoid because

they can add to ulcer risk).

13. Slippage- Slippage or prolapse is when the stomach slides up through the

Band, making the pouch bigger. If this happens the Band usually becomes too

tight, and patients experience symptoms of reflux (heartburn) as well as nausea

and vomiting. This is because the amount of stomach being

“squeezed” by the Band is increased, thereby obstructing the Band.

Things that cause a slippage are if the band is not placed in the right

position or is not stiched into place correctly. Patients can also cause

slippage by overeating and excessive vomiting and or coughing.

Mills

DOB 3/1/05

280/168/160

http://www.tracyslapband.com

Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 1:36

PM

Subject: RE:

Need a little advice

Ok, I have to ask....what is " PB " ?????

Terry

Mills <tracytracyslapband>

wrote:

Ken, next time

try doing a few things that always help me when something is stuck. Right away

when you know something is stuck, if you cannot bring it back up (the best

thing to do is to go ahead and try to vomit) then try hot water. Very small

sips of very hot water while standing up. Then lift your arms above your head

and breath as deep as you can once or twice. Now jump a couple times. Bring

your arms back down, take a few more sips, then repeat with arms above your

head. I know it sounds funny, and looks funny too, but it works. You can call

it the “no PB dance”. J

Mills

DOB 3/1/05

280/168/160

[mailto: ]

On Behalf Of ken berg

Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2006

11:47 PM

Subject: Re:

Need a little advice

Thanks Rhonda: I'm not sure what happened; at 3:00 today I was

slimeing away, after trying to eat something/anything and was still having

a lot of pain just from micro-sips of water. An hour later when at Cosco I

couldn't resist a sliver of BBQ pork that they were sampling, I was very

hesitant to try eating something as everything was making me slime for an

hour and a half afterward. But I chewed for what seemed like forever,

swallowed, and nothing happened. I guess the chicken that got stuck was

still their? then just passed through? Like I said, an hour before it was

agony to swallow anything. I had nothing to eat or drink for about 50

hours because of the pain. Then, just like that, I was able to eat and

drink like normal. What ever it was I do not want to repeat it. My

weight has been flying off having lost 41 pound since surgery on

06/09/06. Thanks for you advise

Ken

rondanacomcast (DOT) net

wrote:

Hi Ken, Sorry to hear about your episode :) Hope your feeling

better. Nina's suggestion is good. Wait about 6 hours then maybe try to sip

warm tea, broth just like post-op. It has always helped me when I'm tight or

irritated to drink warm drinks verses cold for whatever reason?!. Hows your

weight loss coming along??? Good I hope :) Take care....

Dana

2-1-06

200-152-140

-------------- Original message --------------

Hello Eveyone: I need some advice. I had my first experience last

night with food getting stuck; I was eating some chicken and it

stopped dead in its tracks. I was not able to " PB " for about four

hours. I was dealing with lots of slime for that entire time. I know

that it can irritate the stoma so eating and drinking can be a problem

for a while; however,it is 10pm the next day and I have not been able

to eat or drink anything, not drinking when you live in Phoenix is a

bad thing. I have been having the usual mental worries ie, my band

slipped or some other thing is wrong, though I'm sure its fine. The

PB part was not a physically harsh thing so i dont thing any damage

would have been done. My concern is how long can the irritation last

befoe I am able to drink or eat. I have tried drinking water, eating

very smooth yogurt, milk and ice cream all with no sucess. I thank

all in advance for the shared knowledge and advice.

Ken

DOB 06/09/06

365/360/321/195

See the all-new, redesigned .com. Check it

out.

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try

it free.

Guest guest

what is meant by sliming away?

Jo

phine V. Carioti

" Life is not the moments we live but the moments that take our breath away".

From: ken berg <piensky2001@...>Reply- To: Subject: RE: Need a little adviceDate: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 11:24:34 -0700 (PDT)

I bet my family would enjoy watching me. Guess I might need to go hide in the master bedroom. I just hope I dont make that mistake again as I'm not mutch of a dancer :)

Ken Mills <tracytracyslapband> wrote:

Ken, next time try doing a few things that always help me when something is stuck. Right away when you know something is stuck, if you cannot bring it back up (the best thing to do is to go ahead and try to vomit) then try hot water. Very small sips of very hot water while standing up. Then lift your arms above your head and breath as deep as you can once or twice. Now jump a couple times. Bring your arms back down, take a few more sips, then repeat with arms above your head. I know it sounds funny, and looks funny too, but it works. You can call it the “no PB dance”. J

Mills

DOB 3/1/05

280/168/160

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of ken bergSent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 11:47 PM Subject: Re: Need a little advice

Thanks Rhonda: I'm not sure what happened; at 3:00 today I was slimeing away, after trying to eat something/anything and was still having a lot of pain just from micro-sips of water. An hour later when at Cosco I couldn't resist a sliver of BBQ pork that they were sampling, I was very hesitant to try eating something as everything was making me slime for an hour and a half afterward. But I chewed for what seemed like forever, swallowed, and nothing happened. I guess the chicken that got stuck was still their? then just passed through? Like I said, an hour before it was agony to swallow anything. I had nothing to eat or drink for about 50 hours because of the pain. Then, just like that, I was able to eat and drink like normal. What ever it was I do not want to repeat it. My weight has been flying off having lost 41 pound since surgery on 06/09/06. Thanks for you advise

Kenrondanacomcast (DOT) net wrote:

Hi Ken, Sorry to hear about your episode :) Hope your feeling better. Nina's suggestion is good. Wait about 6 hours then maybe try to sip warm tea, broth just like post-op. It has always helped me when I'm tight or irritated to drink warm drinks verses cold for whatever reason?!. Hows your weight loss coming along??? Good I hope :) Take care....

Dana

2-1-06

200-152-140

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "piensky2001" <piensky2001 >

Hello Eveyone: I need some advice. I had my first experience last night with food getting stuck; I was eating some chicken and it stopped dead in its tracks. I was not able to "PB" for about four hours. I was dealing with lots of slime for that entire time. I know that it can irritate the stoma so eating and drinking can be a problem for a while; however,it is 10pm the next day and I have not been able to eat or drink anything, not drinking when you live in Phoenix is a bad thing. I have been having the usual mental worries ie, my band slipped or some other thing is wrong, though I'm sure its fine. The PB part was not a physically harsh thing so i dont thing any damage would have been done. My concern is how long can the irritation last befoe I am able to drink or eat. I have tried drinking water, eating very smooth yogurt, milk and ice cream all with no sucess. I thank all in advance for the shared knowledge and advice.KenDOB 06/09/06365/360/321/195

See the all-new, redesigned .com. Check it out.

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.