RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

[Mindful i Mouse] The End of the Year

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I got through yesterday just fine. The hangover was quite mild, no headache, just feeling tired and slightly nausea throughout the day. My BG was high, 100 in the morning, 138 later that morning, 144 later, and a high of 160, one hour after eating a 3 oz marzipan pig, but the rest of the foods were low carb: B- 2 ultra thin wasa, limburger cheese, coffee with diluted heavy cream L- deviled eggs, roast beef rollups with cream cheese S- 3 oz marzipan pig D- stew - spinach, shrimp, smokies in a broth, cream, cheese sauce (one small bowl) spring greens salad with olive oil and vinegar. S- coffee and a slice of low carb cheesecake. By bedtime it was down to 95, the lowest I have seen in a long time. This morning...96!!!!!! Hip Hip Hooray! I weighed myself this morning, 243.6 pounds. I will NOT be calling this my real weight, as I know once I leave this high altitude in the mountains, I will drop about 8 pounds within a few days. But there it is, on the scale here at home, so I will at least acknowledge it. I believe I am most likely about 235 pounds, as 8 pounds seem to be the usual " gain " during home time. On this day last year, I weighed 273, down from 317 in Summer of 2009. I am getting there, slowly.... I have not tracked my eating for the last 4 days. I wanted to see if I could eat moderately, mindfully and so far, it has been working fine. All except the unrestrained drinking at my parents...whew. I don't feel like I am in ketosis yet, and I highly doubt it since I did eat that pig yesterday, but I will test tomorrow and test each day until I am in and then I will check whenever the possibility I eat more carbs than usual. It's going to be very different to leave the calorie counting safety net and relying on BG and Ketone test strips to tell me that I am on track. I will be incorporating whatever mindful eating techniques I find in the books I have gathered for my resources and daily study: The Zen of Eating, by R Kabatznick Eat by Choice, Not by Habit, by Sylvia Hasvitz Quite Mind, by Kundtz Eating the Moment, by Pavel Somov The Slow Down Diet, by Marc One Bowl, by Don Gerrard I have no idea where this will take me, but I feel that if I don't start learning techniques to change my relationship to food and eating, I will continue down the same old path of losing weight, bingeing, gaining weight, dieting, losing weight.....over and over again. This has been my pattern for over 30 years! It must change and I must change how I think about it all. Because I do have fears about losing control, I will be writing down what I eat until I feel what I am doing is working for me. This way, should I need to go back to calorie counting, I'll have the foods to enter into my diet software and go back to doing that. I admit, I feel like I am treading into new territory and I am doing so with lots of little fears, but I have a strong resolution to get to a normal weight by the end of 2011. Everything I think and do will be focused on that goal. Tomorrow I will write about one book's ideas as I read them one at a time. Not sure which one I will start with, I'll decide tomorrow. Monthend reports (the last of their kind, I think) Click to enlarge any report. Not happy about this at all. Carbs in the last 4 days have been quite low, but not tracked. This morning, I am happy to see it under 100!!!! A few days of overeating caused the average to sky rocket. Here is the daily totals. Yes, way too many high calorie days, especially compared to the 1200 or less I was eating on the truck. Also, I have been swimming daily in the last 4 or 5 days. I am feeling over all fine, not bloated or as though I have gained weight. Except for the excess booze on the 29th and the marzipan pig, I have been doing well with my low carb choices. Weight loss over the last year: and the weight this morning: Reminder to self: camera weighs 1 pound, high altitude usually pans out to 8 pounds of fluid retention. True weight may be 235, a gain of about 3 actual pounds. Happy New Year to anyone who reads this blog! I am excited to move in a new direction, hope you find something inspiring in the upcoming entries to help you along on your own journey to a normal weight! --

Posted By i Mouse to Mindful i Mouse at 12/31/2010 08:37:00 AM