RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

motd Thursday April 29, 2010

Rate this topic

Guest guest

IN TRAINING

Thursday, 29 April 2010

Over the years, I've been honored to meet many professional athletes. I've met runners, swimmers, pro football and basketball players and even a few individuals who've made it to the top of the athletic world by competing in the Olympic Games. To me, those Olympic competitors are some kinda athletes!

Okay, I was never an athlete myself. Oh, I had athlete's foot once and, thank goodness, it was gone within a week. But I guess you can say that's about as close as I ever got to being an actual athlete!I didn't take any PE classes when I was in school. I always had a doctor's excuse for why I couldn't. And, no surprise here but I didn't look like an athlete either. And I certainly didn't move like one. But today, I still consider myself a champion when it come to being fit!In order to become a good athlete, you have to train like one. You have to exercise everyday and really push yourself to be in good shape. It's all about concentration, having "that look" in your eyes and the determination in your heart. It's about wanting something bad enough that you're willing to go that extra mile to get it.Now Olympic athletes don't exercise for just an hour a day. Oh, no. In fact, sometimes they work out 4-6 hours a day...everyday. And let me tell you, that's how they get as good as they are and make it to the Olympic Games.

I've always admired athletes. You can just see and feel their "glow" when you get up close to them. Athletes are more focused and alert, are stronger and...they live longer. Their secret is all in the training. Okay, you may not be an athlete but if you're like me, you should still be in training. You have to train your heart and your lungs. You have to train your muscles and bones. And the only way you do those things is by moving that body of yours...every single day!Ya' know, I believe in my last life, I was an athlete. In fact, I think I was a quarterback! I married a cheerleader name "Cookie." We had four beautiful kids and had a wonderful life together. (Gee, I wonder what happened this time around! LOL.)But seriously, you owe it to yourself to exercise daily and to keep your body in good shape. And I know I keep using the word...daily. I just want to make sure that when it comes to exercise, that word daily will really sink deeply into your minds.

Before I do these messages for you each morning, I've already done my workouts. And I feel so good when I do. (I'm ready for my close-up on that box of Wheaties!) Hey, we don't have to be athletes, we just have to think and try to live our lives like one.When you get up in the morning, you have to think about how precious the gift of your body is. You have to move your feet, your toes, your fingers and get yourself out of that bed so you can get busy moving the rest of your body. You have to think this way... Tomorrow, I'm going to be in the Olympics. And I'm gonna be ready because I'll be in the best shape ever...so I can win!And don't you think you deserve to fell that way? Sure you do so...get in training!Love,