RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

motd Sat April 24, 2010

Rate this topic

Guest guest

THIS MAGIC MOMENTSaturday, 24 April 2010There's magic in the air. Oh, sometimes I can just feel it! In my Clubhouse chat earlier this week, I posed a question to my members. That question was...Name the three most magical moments in your life. You know the

moments I'm talking about because you've had those moments in your own life, too.

When Disneyland first opened back in the late 50s, my parents took my brother, Lenny and I there on a family vacation. I'd never been so far from home and when my little feet first touched the ground in California, it felt like a magical place. But getting to Los Angeles turned out to be only the first part of the magic.

We drove to Anaheim, home of Disneyland and stayed in a hotel right across the street from the fresh new theme park. And oh, I couldn't sleep a wink. You could actually see Disneyland from our hotel

room window. I was so excited!

The minute we walked through the admission gate, the magic of The Magic Kingdom overtook me. I was instantly in love with Disneyland! The rides were amazing. I can't tell you how many times I rode Dumbo. And Cinderella's Palace....I just wanted to move in right away!

All of the people who worked at the park were wearing those adorable Mickey Mouse ears. And within minutes, I was wearing a pair of my own.

I loved it so much, I didn't ever want to leave Disneyland. In fact, in an effort to stay forever, I sneaked away and hid from my parents. But a security guard found me and when I was brought back to my folks, I

told the guard I had no idea who those two people were. Well, Shirley and Leonard did not find any humor in my answer...at all. LOL!

Since my Disneyland moment, I've had other magic moments in my life. In

1979, I was cast to be on ABC-TV's General Hospital. That moment was pure magic for me. And when I won an Emmy for The Show, that was another magic carpet ride! In the 80s, when I taped the original Sweatin' To The OIdies, it was one more magic moment to keep in my heart.

During our chat this week, my Clubhouse members shared some of the magic

moments in their lives. Moments like their first kiss, walking down the aisle with the one they loved and later having children. Other magic moments that came up included graduating college,

or witnessing the birth of a grandchild. And there were so very many more.

Of course, some of my members said to me, ", reaching my weight-loss goal was my most magic moment. When I stepped on the

scale and saw my ideal weight, I was so overjoyed with my accomplishment. It was magic!"

Can you name the three most magic moments in your life? Oh, come on...they're tucked away in your mind, just waiting for you to pull them

out. And when you think about those magic moments, they make you feel all warm and cozy inside. Everyday, you're on this earth, you should think about the magic moments in your life. And I want you to know that there will me many more of those magic moments coming

your way!

Love...From You Magician,