RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

home again -- and continuing prayers

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Just wanted to let you know that we are home from Minnesota.

We were able to visit with 's grandmother, Adella -- though she is not responsive. would go into the nursing home on a daily basis. He would pray with her, read her daily devotions to her & annoint her with oil. He likes to do the annointing for those who are unable to take Lord's Supper. He has some oil that he uses, makes the sign of the cross with it on their forehead & reminds them of their baptism. I am glad that we have had this time to say goodbye to Grandma.

's grandmother did enter the hospice program while we were there. It really is just a matter of time.

's mother & sister know that if it happens while is in Ghana, they are just to go ahead with the funeral and not wait for him to return. He missed his grandfather's funeral in 1987. It was right after was born and was scheduled for surgery. didn't feel he could leave St. Loius at that time.

Would ask that you continue to pray for Adella as she approaches the hour of her death.

Please also pray for Charleen, Wanda & -- all are ready to let her go.

Please also pray for Lavonne (Charleen's sister) -- she & her husband will have to travel from Florida to Minnesota for the funeral.

Thanks,

Dacia

<><

Deaf Lutheran Missions

south Wisconsinwww.DeafJesus.org

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Guest guest

Dacia I so know what your family is going threw. My nana was diagnosed in late Aug 2 yrs ago of Cancer. Was told it could be 6 months to 2 yrs. Do to her age they never staged the cancer. I was busy with the kids and was making plans to go visit in Mass for the day in Late Oct. They stopped meds sometime in mid Sept. Stupid Uncle was putting hospice off OR she would of gotten it earlier. Oct 25th DD 10th birthday got a call from my mom she was asking ?? about nana money in the nursing home and how to transfer it fast. I said MOM are you trying to say nana may not make it until sat when i was suppose to go. She said YES. I was ticked why I was not told she slid earlier. My uncle was there that sat and saw how bad and never called. Luckily my father and brother stopped by just because. I called the nursing home and told the nurse the situation about going sat. I sais I know you cant predict the future but should I make the trip earlier. She said if you were my family yes. All upset it is my DD birthday and we were going out to dinner and oh ya my roof was getting replaced at the time. Called hubby and he got home and said we are going tonight. WE will go out after you say goodbye. I was able to go in after visiting hrs and with noone else knowing. I called my dad when we got home and told him. he was happy. She passed 8 am next morning. One of the nurses were kind and said she probably waited for you. I was the last to see her. I was a little ticked at my family. I thought someone should be with her around the clock. Hospice was with her. Sorry to babble. thinking of her a lot lately. I am so glad hubby got to say his goodbyes. Another note do to finances she had to be creamated and I would of not gotten to see her at all. So I am so thankful I made the time . So dont put off what may not wait. LIKE out health ladies.

NH. 246.6

Guest guest

will leave on Jan. 9 and return on Feb. 1. I want him to be home for our youngest son's 18th birthday on Feb. 2.

Dacia

<><

Deaf Lutheran Missions

south Wisconsinwww.DeafJesus.org

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Re: home again -- and continuing prayers

I'm glad to hear you are all home and that this was not too rough (from the sounds of it) - will definitely continue prayers for all of you.

When does your dh go to Ghana?

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/1/2007 1:03:26 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, DEReinke@... writes:

will leave on Jan. 9 and return on Feb. 1. I want him to be home for our youngest son's 18th birthday on Feb. 2.

That's nice that he'll be able to make the party - I'll be praying for his trip

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/1/2007 8:32:33 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, shiri.mama@... writes:

Right before Christmas, we learned that my 13 year old nephew has liver cancer. It is very rare for a young person to get this type of cancer.

I'm sorry to hear that Shirley - I will keep your family in my prayers during this time of uncertainty.

Hugs,

Guest guest

You have my continued prayers - while we know the end of journey leads to a better place the final days are rough for those involved ^i^ God Bless Live, Love, Laugh

home again -- and continuing prayers

Just wanted to let you know that we are home from Minnesota.

We were able to visit with 's grandmother, Adella -- though she is not responsive. would go into the nursing home on a daily basis. He would pray with her, read her daily devotions to her & annoint her with oil. He likes to do the annointing for those who are unable to take Lord's Supper. He has some oil that he uses, makes the sign of the cross with it on their forehead & reminds them of their baptism. I am glad that we have had this time to say goodbye to Grandma.

's grandmother did enter the hospice program while we were there. It really is just a matter of time.

's mother & sister know that if it happens while is in Ghana, they are just to go ahead with the funeral and not wait for him to return. He missed his grandfather' s funeral in 1987. It was right after was born and was scheduled for surgery. didn't feel he could leave St. Loius at that time.

Would ask that you continue to pray for Adella as she approaches the hour of her death.

Please also pray for Charleen, Wanda & -- all are ready to let her go.

Please also pray for Lavonne (Charleen's sister) -- she & her husband will have to travel from Florida to Minnesota for the funeral.

Thanks,

Dacia

<><

Deaf Lutheran Missions

south Wisconsinwww.DeafJesus. org

Guest guest

I am so sorry to hear that. I will keep you all in my prayers. That is very difficult. Hugs and blessings, Shirley __________________________________________________

Guest guest

This made me think of my nephew. Right before Christmas, we learned that my 13 year old nephew has liver cancer. It is very rare for a young person to get this type of cancer. You normally only get it if someone is older and has had serosis of the liver and if I child gets it, its normally from Hepatitis B or C, but he came up negative on those tests too. He started Chemo last week. Its not quite the same because he is young and we don't know if he is being responsive or not. Its scary to think about a close loved one passing on. Like I said before, you are definitely in my prayers. *hugs* ShirleyJase04567@... wrote: Dacia I so know what your family is going threw. My nana was diagnosed in late Aug 2 yrs ago of Cancer. Was told it could be 6 months to 2 yrs. Do to her age they never staged the cancer. I was busy with the kids and was making plans to go visit in Mass for the day in Late Oct. They stopped meds sometime in mid Sept. Stupid Uncle was putting hospice off OR she would of gotten it earlier. Oct 25th DD 10th birthday got a call from my mom she was asking ?? about nana money in the nursing home and how to transfer it fast. I said MOM are you trying to say nana may not make it until sat when i

was suppose to go. She said YES. I was ticked why I was not told she slid earlier. My uncle was there that sat and saw how bad and never called. Luckily my father and brother stopped by just because. I called the nursing home and told the nurse the situation about going sat. I sais I know you cant predict the future but should I make the trip earlier. She said if you were my family yes. All upset it is my DD birthday and we were going out to dinner and oh ya my roof was getting replaced at the time. Called hubby and he got home and said we are going tonight. WE will go out after you say goodbye. I was able to go in after visiting hrs and with noone else knowing. I called my dad when we got home and told him. he was happy. She passed 8 am next morning. One of the nurses were kind and said she probably waited for you. I was the last to see her. I was a little ticked at my

family. I thought someone should be with her around the clock. Hospice was with her. Sorry to babble. thinking of her a lot lately. I am so glad hubby got to say his goodbyes. Another note do to finances she had to be creamated and I would of not gotten to see her at all. So I am so thankful I made the time . So dont put off what may not wait. LIKE out health ladies. NH. 246.6 __________________________________________________

Guest guest

I really appreciate that . Its still so hard to believe its even happening. My sister looks so awful. She is barely sleeping or eating. The day the cancer was found to be malignant, she started crying and she said to me, away from Ronnie, "This is my worst nightmare come true. I keep hoping I will wake up. It should be me having cancer, not him." She really could use your prayers and so could Ronnie. I appreciate you praying for us all, especially those two. *hugs* ShirleyABrite@... wrote: In a message dated 1/1/2007 8:32:33 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, shiri.mama writes: Right before Christmas, we learned that my 13 year old nephew has liver cancer. It is very rare for a young person to get this type of cancer. I'm sorry to hear that Shirley - I will keep your family in my prayers during this time of uncertainty. Hugs, __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Shirley my thoughts and prayers are with your family. When it is a child it makes it so hard to understand. When an older person gets cancer you figure OK awful but they will handle it. BUT a child hasnt been around that long to learn how to cope. Also not knowing why some get it and others dont.

NH. 246.6