RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

MOTD Tue June 28, 2005 - FEED ME!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

's Daily Message TuesdayJune 28, 2005FEED ME!

One of my favorite off Broadway shows turned movie was "Little Shop of Horrors." The story told of a small plant that, when fed, grew and grew and grew, and when it got hungry, the plant would say, "FEED ME!" Well, your stomach is just like that plant!

We are all born with the same size stomachs. As we are fed, our bodies and our stomachs grow. As babies, we eat small portions of food. Then we become kids and develop certain eating habits. One of the eating habits we can develop is overeating.

Maybe your mom and dad were overeaters, and you were raised watching them. You saw someone always reach for seconds and sometimes thirds. You saw someone take another piece of bread and then another and another. You saw someone butter every square inch of that roll. You saw someone eat a big old piece of cake and then help finish someone else`s piece of cake. You saw someone eat out of pots and pans in the kitchen. You saw someone sneak down to the kitchen late at night, open the fridge, and eat out of the Tupperware containers. And when you see these overeating habits over and over again, you start picking them up and overeating yourself!

When you overeat, your stomach begins to grow and stretch out so it can hold more and more food, so when you go to eat and don`t give your stomach the amount it desires, your stomach gets upset and screams, "FEED ME!" And every time you listen to that command, you automatically say okay, and that is how you or me or anyone out there gains weight.

How can you beat this vicious cycle? By portioning out your food, of course! You don`t go back for seconds and thirds. You don`t eat lots of rolls and slather them with butter. You don`t eat cake or anything else from anyone else`s plate! You don`t eat out of pots and pans. You don`t stand in front of the fridge at night and nibble. What you have to do is plan your meals wisely and stay true to your food groups and measuring cups and spoons, and what happens when you give your stomach less food? Your stomach starts to decrease in size, you lose weight, and the "FEED ME" voice inside of you gets silent!

Watch the food carefully today!

Love,