RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi All,

I took Aidan (8 mo) down to Phoenix again yesterday for his band adjustment. He's now worn it 6 weeks and he's progressing really well. He still has some dry spots, some red spots, and overall his head is VERY stinky! ;-) His forehead has made the most noticeable improvement as far as my husband and I are concerned. Has anyone who has a band-graduate child seen improvement in eye or ear asymmetry? I'm hoping these areas will adjust too.

Guest guest

Dana,

We don't know

what to do about the severe scratching either. has recently

discovered the opening on top and is able to reach his scalp that way also.

Belinda (Indiana)

Guest guest

Hi Dana-

Maybe when you take the helmet off, his head itches REALLY REALLY BAD! Like when you take a wig off. I don't know. I really don't even have any ideas for you. Sorry!

Would you please post those detailed pictures you have in the folder marked "Types of Treatment?" I'm trying to amass photos of all kinds of helmets and bands that are out there.

By the way, is a cutie! Must be nice in Pennsylvania. It looks sunny outside in the photo.

C./subscribe/Plagiocephaly

----- Original Message -----

Plagiocephalyonelist

Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2000 8:44 PM

Subject: update

Just wanted to update you all on 's progress with his helmet. It has been a week and 3 days and everything is pretty good. Belinda, his glands are swollen on the back of his neck and my ped. said it is usually from cradle cap like you said, but he doesn't have it. He said not to worry unless they get bigger or if he gets a lot more. I have been reading so of the messages about the helmets coming off. I have not had this problem at all, and 's helmet doesn't have a strap around the neck. He had never tried to take it off and it really doesn't move that much. I have posted a picture of him in the files section for anyone who is interested in how the helmet look, or atleast the one I received, I know they can all be different. The only problem I have is when I take the helmet off, scratches his head and screams. I called the doctor and he said to use eucerin but to keep a close eye on it cause the combination of the eucerin with the helmet can cause the skin to thin, possibly causing a sore. I rarely keep the helmet off because he scratches and screams so much, funny I thought it would be the other way around. I go back for an adjustment on Wed. and I also have more detailed pictures of the helmet, side, top, etc. views if anyone is interested. I actually think there is some improvement around the bottom of his head, but I'm not sure if this is just wishful thinking :) Dana (PA)