RemedySpot.com

Water

Rate this topic

Guest guest

After living in Ghana, West Africa for almost a year, I would not have a problem with drinking any of the water that comes out of the tap anywhre in the U.S. When we lived in Ghana, we would have to boil our water for at least 20 minutes, let it cool down and then put it through a water filter before it was "clean" enough for us to drink. The biggest fear was guinea worm. I also learned the value of having water. When we lived in Ghana, there was an area up north whre the women would have to walk 13 miles one-way in order to get a bucket of water for the family to use during the day. Dacia <>< For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Dacia, It's amazing of the things that we take for granted.Dacia <DEReinke@...> wrote: After living in Ghana, West Africa for almost a year, I would not have a problem with drinking any of the water that comes out of the tap anywhre in the U.S. When we lived in Ghana, we would have to boil our water for at least 20 minutes, let it cool down and then put it through a water filter before it was "clean" enough for us to drink. The biggest fear was guinea worm. I also learned the value of having water. When we lived in Ghana, there was an area up north whre the women would have to walk 13 miles one-way in order to get a bucket of water for the family to use during the day. Dacia <>< For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.

guinea worm and 13 miles? Ummmm.....my water is great. Gotta go get me another glass.:)

~:~The Personal Touch~:~Tags, Stats, or anything else personalized with your name.Everything here is personalized!http://free.hostdepartment.com/t/thepersonaltouchMy Personal Web Site

Re: Water

Dacia,

It's amazing of the things that we take for granted.Dacia <DEReinke@...> wrote:

After living in Ghana, West Africa for almost a year, I would not have a problem with drinking any of the water that comes out of the tap anywhre in the U.S. When we lived in Ghana, we would have to boil our water for at least 20 minutes, let it cool down and then put it through a water filter before it was "clean" enough for us to drink. The biggest fear was guinea worm.

I also learned the value of having water. When we lived in Ghana, there was an area up north whre the women would have to walk 13 miles one-way in order to get a bucket of water for the family to use during the day.

Dacia

<><

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

My tap water is at least chlorine-free, but the one

thing they add is fluoride. For the past few months,

I've been collecting my drinking water from a local

spring. I know that I'm still bathing and washing

dishes and all that in fluoride, but at least I'm

getting something better inside my body. The spring

water tastes slightly salty, with all the minerals.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Regarding hospital diets, we start our RYGB on clear liquid trays after they are cleared by their UGI. I recently just removed juice from the trays... do you serve juice? Thanks, AngieAngie , MEd, RD

Nutritionist

SIUH Center for the Surgical Treatment of Obesity

256 Mason Avenue

Staten Island, NY 10305

718-226-1300

Guest guest

I also had to remove juice a couple years ago. No juice!

Hosier, RD, LD

Clinical Dietitian

Member ASBS www.asbs.org

St. Luke's Regional Medical Center

381-2425

>>> davisam71@... 7/19/2006 8:29:32 AM >>>

Regarding hospital diets, we start our RYGB on clear liquid trays after

they are cleared by their UGI. I recently just removed juice from the

trays... do you serve juice?

Thanks, Angie

Angie , MEd, RD

Nutritionist

256 Mason Avenue

Staten Island, NY 10305

718-226-1300

" TWEF <slrmc.org> " made the following annotations.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" This message is intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is

addressed and may contain information that is confidential or privileged, the

disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. If the reader of this message

is not the intended recipient, you are hereby

notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this information is

strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by error, please notify

us immediately and destroy the related message. "

==============================================================================

Guest guest

Our RN staff mixes high protein drinks for our patients, 1-2 oz at a

time. We have our patients monitor how much liquid and protein they are

getting at each feeding. We also have them track each time they walk and

do their incentive spirometer.

, RD, CD

Re: water

I also had to remove juice a couple years ago. No juice!

Hosier, RD, LD

Clinical Dietitian

Member ASBS www.asbs.org

St. Luke's Regional Medical Center

381-2425

>>> davisam71@... 7/19/2006 8:29:32 AM >>>

Regarding hospital diets, we start our RYGB on clear liquid trays after

they are cleared by their UGI. I recently just removed juice from the

trays... do you serve juice?

Thanks, Angie

Angie , MEd, RD

Nutritionist

256 Mason Avenue

Staten Island, NY 10305

718-226-1300

" TWEF <slrmc.org> " made the following annotations.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

------

" This message is intended for the use of the person or entity to which

it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential or

privileged, the disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. If

the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby

notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this

information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by

error, please notify us immediately and destroy the related message. "

========================================================================

======

Guest guest

We don't serve juice- we include broth, tea, diet jello, and splenda. In the new future, we will be adding a protein shake on POD #2. Angie - <davisam71@...> wrote: Regarding hospital diets, we start our RYGB on clear liquid trays after they are cleared by their UGI. I recently just removed juice from the trays... do you serve juice? Thanks, AngieAngie , MEd, RD Nutritionist SIUH Center for the

Surgical Treatment of Obesity 256 Mason Avenue Staten Island, NY 10305 718-226-1300

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

We give 2 oz of juice, diet jello or broth 6x/day. (Breakfast, 10am,

Lunch, 3pm, Dinner, 9pm). I feel that the small amt of juice will

not cause dumping and the pts can use the extra calories for

healing. What do others think?

> Regarding hospital diets, we start our RYGB on

clear liquid trays after they are cleared by their UGI. I recently

just removed juice from the trays... do you serve juice?

>

> Thanks, Angie

>

>

>

>

> Angie , MEd, RD

> Nutritionist

> SIUH Center for the Surgical Treatment of Obesity

> 256 Mason Avenue

> Staten Island, NY 10305

> 718-226-1300

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and

30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

>

• 1 month later...

If I remember right, you have to drink an insane amount before it

causes problems in a healthy person, and even then it'll just throw

off your electrolites. Okay, just google'd it:

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/5/f/blwaterintox.htm

and

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/NU/00283.html

I drink 4-5 20oz bottles a day and I'm fine :) And once my body

adjusted, I wasn't in the bathroom any more than any other person. :)

-Bonnie

> Hey everyone I have a question. Is it possible to drink too MUCH

water in a day? Can drinking a ton (over a gallon) really cause any

problems besides many many pee-pee breaks?

>

> Blessed be,

>

>

>

• 3 weeks later...

Dear ,

Ozonated water has a proven track record going back decades, with h. pylori,

intestinal bacteria and viruses, and even bladder cancer. No comparison.

Best of Health!

Dr. Saul Pressman

water

> Complex topic. I've been reading about hexagonal water and the water

> vitalizer plus.

>

> I'm hoping ozone water is equally as good. What is your opinion? Saul

what

> do you think?

>

> MA

>

>

>

• 3 months later...

Sorry Jane don't have a copy, but maybe in their online archives, it was titled "toxic Nightmare" it was mostly about Norwich, the only other place it mentioned was where Mandi is down in Poole and Purbeck [?], these were the two parts of the UK where they did the Cadmium testing.

Vicky

Hi Vicky,

Do you have a copy of this article ? I would be interested to see what our local levels are.

Jane

Water

I know bottled water is supposed to be a no no due to the plastic bottles, but there was an article in last weeks Dail Mail about toxic nightmare and it was Norwich, gawd, my luck finds hidden depths of despair, anyway I thought maybe all this cadmium they say is in our soil and water here, is just too much for our underskink filter, so went out and bought some bottled just as an expirament really.Anyway, we have seen some real interesting things with , definitely calmer, understanding extremely high, some verbals, and I myself am feeling a whole ton better physically, still wrecked mentally but panic attacks and palpitations gone, not as creaky, just all round better, more energy.I'm wondering if some parts of the Country are just so toxic that we actaully need to avoid anything grown or drunk from local supplies.By the way Mandi, your neck of the woods also got a mention in the same article as being full of Cadmium, apparently dropped in expirament after or during WW2, apparently is still very much in the soil and water.There are apparently here in Norwich way over the National figures of Oesophagal Cancer and they are attributing it to this Cadmium dump.Vicky

ok thanks.

Sorry Jane don't have a copy, but maybe in their online archives, it was titled "toxic Nightmare" it was mostly about Norwich, the only other place it mentioned was where Mandi is down in Poole and Purbeck [?], these were the two parts of the UK where they did the Cadmium testing.

Vicky

ok thanks.

Vicky

Hi Vicky,

We tested our tap and filtered water awhile back when we wanted to

rule things out. Tim got a test kit off the internet that was a set

of (I think) 5 different tests. I'm not sure it included cadmium

though but I've just found a cadmium test kit on-line

http://www.heavymetalstest.com/cadmiumtest.php

Best wishes,

Sandy

>

> I know bottled water is supposed to be a no no due to the plastic

> bottles, but there was an article in last weeks Dail Mail about

toxic

> nightmare and it was Norwich, gawd, my luck finds hidden depths of

> despair, anyway I thought maybe all this cadmium they say is in our

> soil and water here, is just too much for our underskink filter, so

> went out and bought some bottled just as an expirament really.

> Anyway, we have seen some real interesting things with ,

> definitely calmer, understanding extremely high, some verbals, and

I

> myself am feeling a whole ton better physically, still wrecked

mentally

> but panic attacks and palpitations gone, not as creaky, just all

round

> better, more energy.

> I'm wondering if some parts of the Country are just so toxic that

we

> actaully need to avoid anything grown or drunk from local supplies.

> By the way Mandi, your neck of the woods also got a mention in the

> same article as being full of Cadmium, apparently dropped in

expirament

> after or during WW2, apparently is still very much in the soil and

> water.

> There are apparently here in Norwich way over the National figures

of

> Oesophagal Cancer and they are attributing it to this Cadmium dump.

> Vicky

>

• 5 weeks later...

I never did finish my thought on that last e-mail.. Thanks, we are on the same wave length, I bought 2 bottles of smart water, then my daughter brought me 10 more from Trader Joe's. (less expensive) I already keep Pedialyte in the house for my orphaned wildlife. So, I am ready to roll. I just want to use that in-between. My glucose was on the high side last test, so I am trying to keep the sugar down, will drink my 67.6 ounces of bottled water then the rest in either smart water or something with little to no sugar. I talked to the nurse again at Schering, and she said again to divide body weight in half and drink at least that many ounces in fluids.. Is your hubby, Jax? Yikes, diabetes, not a happy diet.. I hope he is soon in control of

that.. Kerri, how many weeks do you have in now? Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Sheena JUST YESTERDAY I bought a bottle of water called "smart water" and it has electrolytes in it,, you might want to do that... I also spoke with doc because yesterday he was diagnosed with diabetes and the doc said absolutely NO "gatoraide" because of the large sugar molecules which will pull water OUT of your

system. We were just discussing the foods that he could eat and what he couldnt eat.. poor guy no fruit at all, only protein and veggies.. no pasta, no rice (except whole kernal brown),no corn, no cereal, no bread unless its WHOLE wheat (not wheat flavored which most grocery store brands are)... Get some Pedialyte for the electrolytes.. or low oz. All the sports drinks have too much sugar in them and are not good for electrolytes, even tho they say they are. I always run low in the sodium dept too,, Im always on the very bottom number or one below it.. but I did alright on tx drinking a gallon of water every day. I think that as you start tx, you will figure out what is the 'right' amount for you based on how you feel.. I did a full gallon every day or I felt awful.. well MORE awful if that is possible..lolSheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: My Doc and others are disputing over how much water since my sodium tends to run low already with 4 16.9 bottle, so Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: tons.... at least 6 bottles (12 oz) per day... if not more. I constantly have a watter bottle. I am always thirsty. My lips are always dry...Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: How much water are you drinking, Kerri? Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: I take my shot Wed. night, and Thursday night and Friday is when I feel the worst. Mostly low fever, chills, muscle aches... tylenol helps. The fatigue is the hardest for me to deal with, but I manage. I have a full time job and two young kids (5 and 3) and I am exhausted a lot... Getting enough sleep at night (at least 9 hours) and drinking LOTS of water helps. elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: For me the sides showed up with the first shot and got worse as treatment progressed but each person responds differently to treatment . So you may not have more side effects than the hot flash . Waiting for sides. It's Monday. When do the sides show up?I just took my first pegintron today about six hours ago and all i got was a hot flash. (I hope I don't sound disappointed.) I just took a couple advil. I have small work throughout the week on and off and a big weekend job so i'm just wondering. Thanks and the drug company picked up my tab. Woo hoo!Beej Get your own web address.Have a HUGE year through Small Business. Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. Have a burning question? Go to Answers and get answers from real people who know. Jackie

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta.

it DOES sound like you and I are on the same wave length.. good,, if your sugar is on the high side, it would be good to stay away from the sports drinks then.. lots of heppers develope diabetes because of the alterations in the liver-gallbladder-pancreas with hep. Now dont ask me the pathophysiology about it cuz I would not be able to explain it. Sounds like you are ready to roll Sheena, thats good! I think that IF you eat well while on tx, no junk food, but really good nutrition, you wont have a problem with your lytes... Sheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: I never did finish my thought on that last e-mail.. Thanks, we are on the same wave length, I bought 2 bottles of smart water, then my daughter brought me 10 more from Trader Joe's. (less expensive) I already keep Pedialyte in the house for my orphaned wildlife. So, I am ready to roll. I just want to use that in-between. My glucose was on the high side last test, so I am trying to keep the sugar down, will drink my 67.6 ounces of bottled water then the rest in either smart water or something with little to no sugar. I talked to the nurse again at Schering, and she said again to divide body weight in half and drink at least that many ounces in fluids.. Is your hubby, Jax? Yikes, diabetes,

not a happy diet.. I hope he is soon in control of that.. Kerri, how many weeks do you have in now? Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Sheena JUST YESTERDAY I bought a bottle of water called "smart water" and it has electrolytes in it,, you might want to do that... I also spoke with doc because yesterday he was diagnosed with diabetes and the doc said absolutely NO "gatoraide" because of the large sugar molecules which will pull water OUT of your system. We were just discussing the foods that he could eat and what he couldnt eat.. poor guy no fruit at all, only protein and veggies.. no pasta, no rice (except whole kernal brown),no corn, no cereal, no bread unless its WHOLE

wheat (not wheat flavored which most grocery store brands are)... Get some Pedialyte for the electrolytes.. or low oz. All the sports drinks have too much sugar in them and are not good for electrolytes, even tho they say they are. I always run low in the sodium dept too,, Im always on the very bottom number or one below it.. but I did alright on tx drinking a gallon of water every day. I think that as you start tx, you will figure out what is the 'right' amount for you based on how you feel.. I did a full gallon every day or I felt awful.. well MORE awful if that is possible..lolSheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: My Doc and others are disputing over how much water since my sodium tends to run low already with 4 16.9 bottle, so Kerri Landress

<kerrilandress > wrote: tons.... at least 6 bottles (12 oz) per day... if not more. I constantly have a watter bottle. I am always thirsty. My lips are always dry...Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: How much water are you drinking, Kerri? Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: I take my shot Wed. night, and Thursday night and Friday is when I feel the worst. Mostly low fever, chills, muscle aches... tylenol helps. The fatigue is the hardest for me to deal with, but I

manage. I have a full time job and two young kids (5 and 3) and I am exhausted a lot... Getting enough sleep at night (at least 9 hours) and drinking LOTS of water helps. elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: For me the sides showed up with the first shot and got worse as treatment progressed but each person responds differently to treatment . So you may not have more side effects than the hot flash . Waiting for sides. It's Monday. When do the sides show up?I just took my first pegintron today about six hours ago and all i got was a hot flash. (I hope I don't sound disappointed.) I just took a couple advil. I have small work throughout the week on and off and a big weekend job so i'm just wondering. Thanks and the drug company picked up my tab. Woo hoo!Beej Get your own web address.Have a

HUGE year through Small Business. Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free

on Games. Have a burning question? Go to Answers and get answers from real people who know. Jackie Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie

ps,, YES,, is my husband. his blood glucose was only 132 but anything above 120 is now considered diabetes.. so its not REALLY high, thank God!Sheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: I never did finish my thought on that last e-mail.. Thanks, we are on the same wave length, I bought 2 bottles of smart water, then my daughter brought me 10 more from Trader Joe's. (less expensive) I already keep Pedialyte in the house for my orphaned wildlife.

So, I am ready to roll. I just want to use that in-between. My glucose was on the high side last test, so I am trying to keep the sugar down, will drink my 67.6 ounces of bottled water then the rest in either smart water or something with little to no sugar. I talked to the nurse again at Schering, and she said again to divide body weight in half and drink at least that many ounces in fluids.. Is your hubby, Jax? Yikes, diabetes, not a happy diet.. I hope he is soon in control of that.. Kerri, how many weeks do you have in now? Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Sheena JUST YESTERDAY I bought a bottle of water called "smart water" and it has electrolytes in it,, you might want to do that... I also spoke with doc because yesterday he was diagnosed with diabetes and the doc said absolutely NO "gatoraide" because of the large sugar molecules which will pull water OUT of your system. We were just discussing the foods that he could eat and what he couldnt eat.. poor guy no fruit at all, only protein and veggies.. no pasta, no rice (except whole kernal brown),no corn, no cereal, no bread unless its WHOLE wheat (not wheat flavored which most grocery store brands are)... Get some Pedialyte for the electrolytes.. or low oz. All the sports drinks have too much sugar in them and are not good for electrolytes, even tho they say they are. I always run low in the sodium dept too,, Im always on the very bottom number or one below it.. but I did alright on tx drinking a gallon of water

every day. I think that as you start tx, you will figure out what is the 'right' amount for you based on how you feel.. I did a full gallon every day or I felt awful.. well MORE awful if that is possible..lolSheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: My Doc and others are disputing over how much water since my sodium tends to run low already with 4 16.9 bottle, so Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: tons.... at least 6 bottles (12 oz) per day... if not more. I constantly have a watter bottle. I am always thirsty. My lips are always dry...Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: How much water are you drinking, Kerri? Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: I take my shot Wed. night, and Thursday night and Friday is when I feel the worst. Mostly low fever, chills, muscle aches... tylenol helps. The fatigue is the hardest for me to deal with, but I manage. I have a full time job and two young kids (5 and 3) and I am exhausted a lot... Getting enough sleep at night (at least 9 hours) and drinking LOTS of water helps. elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: For

me the sides showed up with the first shot and got worse as treatment progressed but each person responds differently to treatment . So you may not have more side effects than the hot flash . Waiting for sides. It's Monday. When do the sides show up?I just took my first pegintron today

about six hours ago and all i got was a hot flash. (I hope I don't sound disappointed.) I just took a couple advil. I have small work throughout the week on and off and a big weekend job so i'm just wondering. Thanks and the drug company picked up my tab. Woo hoo!Beej Get your own web address.Have a HUGE year through Small Business. Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. Have a burning question? Go to Answers and get answers from real people who know. Jackie Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie

I did shot 16 last night... 8 more to go! I drink a lot of a water called Fruit 2-0, It has hardly any sodium (less than 10 mg per bottle) no calories and a splash of flavor... cherry and peach are my favorites. I drink plenty of plain water, too. Like I said, I ALWAYS have a water bottle with me. Spend plenty of time peeing (lol) but I am ALWAYS thirsty!!!!Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: ps,, YES,, is my husband. his blood glucose was only 132 but anything above 120 is now considered diabetes.. so its

not REALLY high, thank God!Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I never did finish my thought on that last e-mail.. Thanks, we are on the same wave length, I bought 2 bottles of smart water, then my daughter brought me 10 more from Trader Joe's. (less expensive) I already keep Pedialyte in the house for my orphaned wildlife. So, I am ready to roll. I just want to use that in-between. My glucose was on the high side last test, so I am trying to keep the sugar down, will drink my 67.6 ounces of bottled water then the rest in either smart water or something with little to no sugar. I talked to the nurse again at Schering, and she said again to divide body weight in

half and drink at least that many ounces in fluids.. Is your hubby, Jax? Yikes, diabetes, not a happy diet.. I hope he is soon in control of that.. Kerri, how many weeks do you have in now? Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Sheena JUST YESTERDAY I bought a bottle of water called "smart water" and it has electrolytes in it,, you might want to do that... I also spoke with doc because yesterday he was diagnosed with diabetes and the doc said absolutely NO "gatoraide" because of the large sugar molecules which will pull water OUT of your system. We were just discussing the foods that he could eat and what he couldnt eat.. poor

guy no fruit at all, only protein and veggies.. no pasta, no rice (except whole kernal brown),no corn, no cereal, no bread unless its WHOLE wheat (not wheat flavored which most grocery store brands are)... Get some Pedialyte for the electrolytes.. or low oz. All the sports drinks have too much sugar in them and are not good for electrolytes, even tho they say they are. I always run low in the sodium dept too,, Im always on the very bottom number or one below it.. but I did alright on tx drinking a gallon of water every day. I think that as you start tx, you will figure out what is the 'right' amount for you based on how you feel.. I did a full gallon every day or I felt awful.. well MORE awful if that is possible..lolSheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: My Doc and

others are disputing over how much water since my sodium tends to run low already with 4 16.9 bottle, so Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: tons.... at least 6 bottles (12 oz) per day... if not more. I constantly have a watter bottle. I am always thirsty. My lips are always dry...Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: How much water are you drinking, Kerri? Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: I take my shot Wed. night, and Thursday night and

Friday is when I feel the worst. Mostly low fever, chills, muscle aches... tylenol helps. The fatigue is the hardest for me to deal with, but I manage. I have a full time job and two young kids (5 and 3) and I am exhausted a lot... Getting enough sleep at night (at least 9 hours) and drinking LOTS of water helps. elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: For me the sides showed up with the first shot and got worse as treatment progressed but each person responds differently to treatment . So you may not have more side effects than the hot flash . Waiting for sides. It's Monday. When do the sides show up?I just took my first pegintron today about six hours ago and all i got was a hot flash. (I hope I don't sound disappointed.) I just took a couple advil. I have small work throughout the week on and off and a big weekend job so i'm just wondering. Thanks and the drug company picked up my tab. Woo hoo!Beej Get your own web address.Have a HUGE year through Small Business. Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Bored

stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. Have a burning question? Go to Answers and get answers from real people who know. Jackie Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie

Any questions? Get answers on any topic at Answers. Try it now.

Yikes, and I hope will follow doctor's orders with diet, though that is not going to be fun.. Hopefully, it will drop back to normal.. My prayers! Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: ps,, YES,, is my husband. his blood glucose was only 132 but anything above 120 is now considered diabetes.. so its not REALLY high, thank God!Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I never did finish my thought on that last e-mail.. Thanks, we are on the same wave length, I bought 2 bottles of smart water, then my daughter brought me 10 more from Trader Joe's. (less expensive) I already keep Pedialyte in the house for my orphaned wildlife. So, I am ready to roll. I just want to use that in-between. My glucose was on the high side last test, so I am trying to keep the sugar down, will drink my 67.6 ounces of bottled water then the rest in either smart water or something with little to no sugar. I talked to the nurse again at Schering, and she said again to divide body weight in half and drink at least that many ounces in fluids.. Is your hubby, Jax? Yikes, diabetes,

not a happy diet.. I hope he is soon in control of that.. Kerri, how many weeks do you have in now? Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Sheena JUST YESTERDAY I bought a bottle of water called "smart water" and it has electrolytes in it,, you might want to do that... I also spoke with doc because yesterday he was diagnosed with diabetes and the doc said absolutely NO "gatoraide" because of the large sugar molecules which will pull water OUT of your system. We were just discussing the foods that he could eat and what he couldnt eat.. poor guy no fruit at all, only protein and veggies.. no pasta, no rice (except whole kernal brown),no corn, no cereal, no bread unless its WHOLE

wheat (not wheat flavored which most grocery store brands are)... Get some Pedialyte for the electrolytes.. or low oz. All the sports drinks have too much sugar in them and are not good for electrolytes, even tho they say they are. I always run low in the sodium dept too,, Im always on the very bottom number or one below it.. but I did alright on tx drinking a gallon of water every day. I think that as you start tx, you will figure out what is the 'right' amount for you based on how you feel.. I did a full gallon every day or I felt awful.. well MORE awful if that is possible..lolSheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: My Doc and others are disputing over how much water since my sodium tends to run low already with 4 16.9 bottle, so Kerri Landress

<kerrilandress > wrote: tons.... at least 6 bottles (12 oz) per day... if not more. I constantly have a watter bottle. I am always thirsty. My lips are always dry...Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: How much water are you drinking, Kerri? Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: I take my shot Wed. night, and Thursday night and Friday is when I feel the worst. Mostly low fever, chills, muscle aches... tylenol helps. The fatigue is the hardest for me to deal with, but I

manage. I have a full time job and two young kids (5 and 3) and I am exhausted a lot... Getting enough sleep at night (at least 9 hours) and drinking LOTS of water helps. elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: For me the sides showed up with the first shot and got worse as treatment progressed but each person responds differently to treatment . So you may not have more side effects than the hot flash . Waiting for sides. It's Monday. When do the sides show up?I just took my first pegintron today about six hours ago and all i got was a hot flash. (I hope I don't sound disappointed.) I just took a couple advil. I have small work throughout the week on and off and a big weekend job so i'm just wondering. Thanks and the drug company picked up my tab. Woo hoo!Beej Get your own web address.Have a

HUGE year through Small Business. Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free

on Games. Have a burning question? Go to Answers and get answers from real people who know. Jackie Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie

Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games.

Thanks for the prayers Sheena,, he will be ok,, this is really early in the game and the doc says if he loses only 5-10 pounds, that alone will bring his sugars back into the normal level.. I have been worried about him because he has been really drinking way too much orange juice ( like 64 ounces a day!) and way too much lemonade ( not the lemons so much but the sweetener in it) I think just leaving those two things alone will bring him back into normal level,, he is only 12 points away..lolSheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: Yikes, and I hope will follow doctor's orders with diet, though that is not going to be fun.. Hopefully, it will drop back to normal.. My prayers! Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: ps,, YES,, is my husband. his blood glucose was only 132 but anything above 120 is now considered diabetes.. so its not REALLY high, thank God!Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I never did finish my thought on that last e-mail.. Thanks, we are on the same wave length, I bought 2 bottles of smart water, then my

daughter brought me 10 more from Trader Joe's. (less expensive) I already keep Pedialyte in the house for my orphaned wildlife. So, I am ready to roll. I just want to use that in-between. My glucose was on the high side last test, so I am trying to keep the sugar down, will drink my 67.6 ounces of bottled water then the rest in either smart water or something with little to no sugar. I talked to the nurse again at Schering, and she said again to divide body weight in half and drink at least that many ounces in fluids.. Is your hubby, Jax? Yikes, diabetes, not a happy diet.. I hope he is soon in control of that.. Kerri, how many weeks do you have in now? Sheena Jackie on

<redjaxjm > wrote: Sheena JUST YESTERDAY I bought a bottle of water called "smart water" and it has electrolytes in it,, you might want to do that... I also spoke with doc because yesterday he was diagnosed with diabetes and the doc said absolutely NO "gatoraide" because of the large sugar molecules which will pull water OUT of your system. We were just discussing the foods that he could eat and what he couldnt eat.. poor guy no fruit at all, only protein and veggies.. no pasta, no rice (except whole kernal brown),no corn, no cereal, no bread unless its WHOLE wheat (not wheat flavored which most grocery store brands are)... Get some Pedialyte for the electrolytes.. or low oz. All the sports drinks have too much sugar in them and are not good for electrolytes, even

tho they say they are. I always run low in the sodium dept too,, Im always on the very bottom number or one below it.. but I did alright on tx drinking a gallon of water every day. I think that as you start tx, you will figure out what is the 'right' amount for you based on how you feel.. I did a full gallon every day or I felt awful.. well MORE awful if that is possible..lolSheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: My Doc and others are disputing over how much water since my sodium tends to run low already with 4 16.9 bottle, so Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: tons.... at least 6 bottles (12 oz) per day... if not more. I

constantly have a watter bottle. I am always thirsty. My lips are always dry...Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: How much water are you drinking, Kerri? Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: I take my shot Wed. night, and Thursday night and Friday is when I feel the worst. Mostly low fever, chills, muscle aches... tylenol helps. The fatigue is the hardest for me to deal with, but I manage. I have a full time job and two young kids (5 and 3) and I am exhausted a lot... Getting enough sleep at night (at least 9 hours) and drinking LOTS of water helps. elizabethnv1

<elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: For me the sides showed up with the first shot and got worse as treatment progressed but each person responds differently to treatment . So you may not have more side effects than the hot flash . Waiting for sides. It's Monday. When do the sides show up?I just took my first pegintron today about six hours ago and all i got was a hot flash. (I hope I don't sound disappointed.) I just took a couple advil. I have small work throughout the week on and off and a big weekend job so i'm just wondering. Thanks and the drug company picked up my tab. Woo hoo!Beej Get your own web address.Have a HUGE year through Small Business. Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. Have a burning question? Go to Answers and get answers from real people who know. Jackie Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest

PS3 news and previews at Games. Jackie

wow, well you are almost done Kerri,, sounds like you are doing all the right things hon!!! way to go!Kerri Landress <kerrilandress@...> wrote: I did shot 16 last night... 8 more to go! I drink a lot of a water called Fruit 2-0, It has hardly any sodium (less than 10 mg per bottle) no calories and a splash of flavor... cherry and peach are my favorites. I drink plenty of plain water, too. Like I said, I ALWAYS have a water bottle with me. Spend plenty of time peeing (lol) but I am ALWAYS thirsty!!!!Jackie

on <redjaxjm > wrote: ps,, YES,, is my husband. his blood glucose was only 132 but anything above 120 is now considered diabetes.. so its not REALLY high, thank God!Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I never did finish my thought on that last e-mail.. Thanks, we are on the same wave length, I bought 2 bottles of smart water, then my daughter brought me 10 more from Trader Joe's. (less expensive) I already keep Pedialyte in the house for my orphaned wildlife. So, I am ready to roll. I just want to use that in-between. My glucose was on the high side last test, so

I am trying to keep the sugar down, will drink my 67.6 ounces of bottled water then the rest in either smart water or something with little to no sugar. I talked to the nurse again at Schering, and she said again to divide body weight in half and drink at least that many ounces in fluids.. Is your hubby, Jax? Yikes, diabetes, not a happy diet.. I hope he is soon in control of that.. Kerri, how many weeks do you have in now? Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Sheena JUST YESTERDAY I bought a bottle of water called "smart water" and it has electrolytes in it,, you might want to

do that... I also spoke with doc because yesterday he was diagnosed with diabetes and the doc said absolutely NO "gatoraide" because of the large sugar molecules which will pull water OUT of your system. We were just discussing the foods that he could eat and what he couldnt eat.. poor guy no fruit at all, only protein and veggies.. no pasta, no rice (except whole kernal brown),no corn, no cereal, no bread unless its WHOLE wheat (not wheat flavored which most grocery store brands are)... Get some Pedialyte for the electrolytes.. or low oz. All the sports drinks have too much sugar in them and are not good for electrolytes, even tho they say they are. I always run low in the sodium dept too,, Im always on the very bottom number or one below it.. but I did alright on tx drinking a gallon of water every day. I think that as you start tx, you will figure out what is the 'right' amount for you based on how you feel.. I did a

full gallon every day or I felt awful.. well MORE awful if that is possible..lolSheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: My Doc and others are disputing over how much water since my sodium tends to run low already with 4 16.9 bottle, so Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: tons.... at least 6 bottles (12 oz) per day... if not more. I constantly have a watter bottle. I am always thirsty. My lips are always dry...Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: How much water are you drinking,

Kerri? Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: I take my shot Wed. night, and Thursday night and Friday is when I feel the worst. Mostly low fever, chills, muscle aches... tylenol helps. The fatigue is the hardest for me to deal with, but I manage. I have a full time job and two young kids (5 and 3) and I am exhausted a lot... Getting enough sleep at night (at least 9 hours) and drinking LOTS of water helps. elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: For me the sides showed up with the first shot and got worse as treatment progressed but each person responds differently to treatment . So

you may not have more side effects than the hot flash . Waiting for sides. It's Monday. When do the sides show up?I just took my first pegintron today about six hours ago and all i got was a hot flash. (I hope I don't sound disappointed.) I just took a couple advil. I have small

work throughout the week on and off and a big weekend job so i'm just wondering. Thanks and the drug company picked up my tab. Woo hoo!Beej Get your own web address.Have a HUGE year through Small Business. Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. Have a burning question? Go to Answers and get answers from real people who know. Jackie Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie Any questions? Get answers on any topic at Answers. Try it now. Jackie

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty soon you'll be drinking two!

How are your blood sugars doing, ? (Or do I have the wrong ?)

SulaBlue

>

> In the WW thing it says to drink 6 glasses of water (I think it was 6). Well,

any way, I

have a giant green mug like thing that holds 6 cups of water plus some ice. So

I filled it

up this morning and I am proud to say I almost got it finnished off. I have

been drinking

on it all day. I am going to try and fill it up every day and see if I can't

get it finnished off

every day.

>