RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

sunglasses

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello Caroline, has had sensitivity to the sunlight also, but she's stubborn and throughout her life she's had numerous pairs that she would wear over her regular glasses, but it was awkward. Since she wears glasses all the time she found a pair of sunglasses that she can clip right onto her regular prescription glasses. It's really neat how it works. She used them in Mexico when she went on a mission trip and she liked them. She found them at a local Wal-Mart store and not too expensive and there were many different styles and they are adjustable, too. Good luck. From, TerryCaroline Obbard <caroline.obbard@...> wrote: Todd has always wanted and used sunglasses, in the car especially - he absolutely hates the sun in

his eyes. however as he has now been presribed glasses to correct his vision I am unsure what to do. The optometrist disagrees with children having sunglasses as it limits the amount of light and visual stimulation they get - which is what he needs and why he has glasses. He is supposed to wear the glasses for all his waking hours. But I am dreading the summer and the complaints I know I am going to get.anyone else got experience of this? do you buy prescription sunglasses? thanksCaroline

Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.

Guest guest

Hi Caroline

I have prescription sunglasses. I need to use them all the time when I am

outside, especially in the winter when the sun is low.

Is your optometrist completely familiar with BPES? And that photophobia is

sometimes part of the package?

Maybe some research has been done in this area, maybe some needs to be done.

Bye

Shireen

> blepharophimosis Re: Sunglasses

>

>

> Todd has always wanted and used sunglasses, in the car

> especially - he absolutely hates the sun in his eyes.

> however as he has now been presribed glasses to correct his

> vision I am unsure what to do. The optometrist disagrees

> with children having sunglasses as it limits the amount of

> light and visual stimulation they get - which is what he

> needs and why he has glasses. He is supposed to wear the

> glasses for all his waking hours. But I am dreading the

> summer and the complaints I know I am going to get.

> anyone else got experience of this? do you buy prescription

> sunglasses?

> thanks

> Caroline

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi I dont really know much about what research has or hasnt been done - it would be interesting though. My eyes are light sensitive, to the extent that when I go out in any sunshine, and sometimes it just has to be light - my eyes hurt, and i feel very strange! The severity of this depends on me though (not the light) some days it is better than others. If im tired or had a really deep sleep my eyes are more sensitive that usual. Its not a problem at all, I just have sunglasses everywhere. Caroline - have you thought about react-er- light prescription sunglasses, the ones that get darker in the sunlight. They make quite dark ones nowadays. and it means they will only be dark when needed. Its what I had as a child, they seamed to do the trick. Hope this helps - let us know how you get on. Love clare - Herts

UKJULIE IKEN <kookie61@...> wrote: It's really interesting, since I joined this support site I've learnt so much about BPES and now I know why I loathe bright light! Clearly there is a need for research in this area as it appears to be fairly common. Rob <r.watson@...> wrote: I don't think light sensitivity is a universal BPES issue. I never wore (nor needed) sunglasses at all until I was about 40, and I still don't wear them as much as I'm told I should by the Cancer Council (Australian sunlight is deadly - literally). And my son (13) hates them. But I'd be prepared to believe that more BPES-enhanced folks are

light-sensitive than not, but I've never seen any figures around that.Rob W wrote:> Hi all (again)> > Would you say sunglasses were an essential item for our kids with > BPES? Kirsten (3) does seem more photophobic than her brother, but > only if the sun is directly in her eyes, e.g in her car seat. How many > pairs of sunglasses have you all been through? Judging by the number > of hats, gloves and scarves we lose in our family, I will probably be > adding sunglasses to the weekly shopping list!> > P

Relax. virus scanning helps detect nasty viruses!