RemedySpot.com

Brain Fog

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Well just last week she had to have a filling. She told her NHS dentist that

she wanted a white one and not a mercury filling. After he had finished she

found he had put a mercury one in!

Anyway, I'll pass on your suggestion, thanks.

Miriam

> Just a thought Miriam, does she have amalgam fillings? are they leaking?

Guest guest

Ah that damn potassium. This topic gets me pretty emotiona.l I am one of it's biggest advocates now. I also notice the difference in dietary vs pills big time. Both work, but diet is so much better.

Your K loss probably had more to due with peeing than you realized......Your K had to go somewhere, but you likely just didn't notice because it might not have been dramatic. I for one peed all night and now Inever do - I don't even know how much each night for many years (at least from 2004 until2010 when we found the Conn's and hyperthryoid 6 months a part in 2010), but I never really counted HOW many times but it was easy always over 5 times a night (I think Dr G said he had someone once with 20ish times a night!)

They - meaning friends, family, doctors, doctor "friends" and co-workers, etc had ME almost convinced I was stressed, over-worked, out-of-shape, drank too many sodas, etc and that my weeks long insomnias were the cause of peeing all night because I just "felt the urge because I had woke up or was already up". I ALWAYS felt the urge, but never like my bladder was going to explode - it was alot, but still subtle enough to make me wonder if it was mental or physical.

But I've been saying the same thing about potassium since I discovered that all those years of not being to able to explain to anyone how absolutely fatigued I was, that brain fog, that weakness, etc was all low K.

And I had hyperthyroid on top of it and through the years there were some bizarre periods kind of like you say where I would TRY to tell my wife that, "I CAN move my legs, but I really CAN'T move my legs" a strange "almost" paralysis. On the April 2010 Sunday AM they found the hyperthyroid (I WAS low K too and incredible hypertensive but they blamed it on thryoid and not Conn's yet) and that am when I went to the ER and hospital, I had to get help to get there because my legs were too weak. This AM was a culmination of somewhere though between 10-15 ER visits to the same ER in 2009-2010 and always had low K. They were never checking my thyroid, not even just TSH all the other times, even with the severe HTN and complaints of insomnia, chest pain, heart pounding etc - what's "classic" hyperthyroid.

They definetely never suggested Conn's at any time.

For me, today, after the fact, I recall trying to describe the leg weakness especially like there was a very strange disconnect between my legs and my brain. Anyone else feel that way, like the legs (or other ) were almost disconnected from the brain?

But .....

I KNEW deep down - or right on the surface really - that it wasn't due to "out of shape" or stress and that I was much more, AND REALLY sick, but I have learned the hard way for not listening to "me" better.

Some questions Dr Grim asked about brain fog when I first posted about it. What is meant by brain fog? Do you mean after you smoke special cigarettes or what?Certainly not standard terms. So unless we know exactly what you and those who are to answer know what your are talking about?Also want to know what brings it on? what makes it worse? What makes it go away? Can you "tell" when it is coming on? How? If you know it is coming on can you stop it? How do you do that?How long does it last? Describe how it comes on and goes away in as much detail as possible.What time of day? Does food affect either? Do menses affect either. Are meds you are taking related to either? Does peeing or having a BM bring it on or off? Does it occur before during or after sexual activity?Is your vision affected by either?What does you heart rate do during either? What does your breathing rate do during either.Do you also get dizzy? If yes answer all the above.Do you have vertigo? see above.

Guest guest

After a salty meal, before spiro and DASH, I used to have periods of paralysis in the night.  I was aware but could not move.  I've often wondered why my heart didn't stop.  The last one I had was after a New Year's meal of salt pork and black eyed peas.  I've never eaten it since even if that dish is necessary for a good year ahead. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Bingham For me, today, after the fact, I recall trying to describe the leg weakness especially like there was a very strange disconnect between my legs and my brain. Anyone else feel that way, like the legs (or other ) were almost disconnected from the brain? But .....I KNEW deep down - or right on the surface really - that it wasn't due to " out of shape " or stress and that I was much more, AND REALLY sick, but I have learned the hard way for not listening to " me " better.

Guest guest

Yes you must have black-eyed peas for luck and greens for lots of " foldin'

money " for the new year. To add Southern flavor, I use fresh smoked pork, and

stock - beef, chicken or pork. I make my own concentrated stock without salt

and freeze is small portions but you can find low sodium versions. The ladies at

work also swear by smoked turkey legs especially in greens but I've never tried

them.

>

> >

> > After a salty meal, before spiro and DASH, I used to have periods of

> > paralysis in the night. I was aware but could not move. I've often

> > wondered why my heart didn't stop. The last one I had was after a

> > New Year's meal of salt pork and black eyed peas. I've never eaten

> > it since even if that dish is necessary for a good year ahead.

> >

> >

> >

> > Val

> >

> >

> >

> > From: hyperaldosteronism

[mailto:hyperaldosteronism

> > ] On Behalf Of Bingham

> >

> >

> > For me, today, after the fact, I recall trying to describe the leg

> > weakness especially like there was a very strange disconnect between

> > my legs and my brain. Anyone else feel that way, like the legs (or

> > other ) were almost disconnected from the brain?

> >

> >

> >

> > But .....

> >

> > I KNEW deep down - or right on the surface really - that it wasn't

> > due to " out of shape " or stress and that I was much more, AND REALLY

> > sick, but I have learned the hard way for not listening to " me "

> > better.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Yeah but those smoked turkey legs and necks are loaded with salt. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 16, 2012, at 16:47, "lk.barns" <lk.barns@...> wrote:

Yes you must have black-eyed peas for luck and greens for lots of "foldin' money" for the new year. To add Southern flavor, I use fresh smoked pork, and stock - beef, chicken or pork. I make my own concentrated stock without salt and freeze is small portions but you can find low sodium versions. The ladies at work also swear by smoked turkey legs especially in greens but I've never tried them.

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Val

> >

> >

> >

> > From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > But .....

> >

> > due to "out of shape" or stress and that I was much more, AND REALLY

> > sick, but I have learned the hard way for not listening to "me"

> > better.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Yeah but those smoked turkey legs and necks are loaded with salt. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 16, 2012, at 16:47, "lk.barns" <lk.barns@...> wrote:

Yes you must have black-eyed peas for luck and greens for lots of "foldin' money" for the new year. To add Southern flavor, I use fresh smoked pork, and stock - beef, chicken or pork. I make my own concentrated stock without salt and freeze is small portions but you can find low sodium versions. The ladies at work also swear by smoked turkey legs especially in greens but I've never tried them.

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Val

> >

> >

> >

> > From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > But .....

> >

> > due to "out of shape" or stress and that I was much more, AND REALLY

> > sick, but I have learned the hard way for not listening to "me"

> > better.

> >

> >

> >