RemedySpot.com

adrenal fatigue

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sorry for interferring. I just would like to know what the inability to deal with cold is due to. I thought it could be to hypothirodism, but my TSH seems to be ok, 2.5. So I wonder if ADRENAL FATIGUE can also cause inability to deal with cold. I've actually had it all my life. I wonder if Lugols can help me with that. It is very hard to deal with...

Sorry again,

Silvia

De: " Buist, ND HC" <stephaniebnd@...>Para: iodine Enviado: Lunes 19 de marzo de 2012 15:14Asunto: Re: Re: adrenal fatigue

I never tested my adrenals before taking Cytozyme AD. I was extremely fatigued and had issues with night time insomnia. It worked well for me.

Buist, ND HC

Re: adrenal fatigue> > > > > > > > > > Hi ,> > > > I started using the one that used - Biotics Research Cytozyme AD. I used 's, which helped for awhile, but then stopped working. I tried a number of others too, none of those worked. With this Biotics one, my temp is actually going up. I am up to 97.2 in the AM, from 96.2 in the AM. And 98.0 during the day, where I was at 97.0 or lower before. > > > > I don't know if has it on her website, but Dr. Brownstein has it on his if she doesn't have it on hers. > > > > Glowing,> > > > grace~> > > > "It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking system,

for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before morning."- Henry Ford > > > > "When the government gets involved in the private sector and picks out winners and losers, it screws up the whole market," "The freedom and happiness of man...[are] the > > sole objects of all legitimate government." -- Jefferson> > > > > > Re: adrenal fatigue > > Posted by: " Cochrane" juliemc9@ bifurbombur > > Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:37 pm (PST) > > > > > > I will try adding licorice root and go back to using an adrenal glandular.> > The glandular didn't seem to make any difference last time I tried it.> > > > Could someone please give me a link for a good adrenal glandular?> > > > I can't tolerate polyunsaturated fatty acids - I get massive hair loss -> > but I do eat fish, sardines,

tuna and lots of grass-fed eggs. I don't eat> > any grains, nor corn nor potatoes and rarely have sugar. I use stevia.> > > > I can't reduce my work hours at the moment, or in the near future, and it> > is pretty much year-round. However, I got into a good routine of qi gong,> > meditation, Korean Sun Do and stretching a few months ago and that was> > really helping. Then I had to go away with work and didn't get back into> > the routine. I also know a lot of it is a mind thing. I'm usually in> > bed by 9.30pm but am up at 5am.> > > > I know I also have to do some liver cleansing because I had a RT3 issue and> > my hashimoto's antibodies have gone up quite a bit - but I never seem to be> > organised enough because I have to do it Friday so that I can spend> > Saturday by the toilet but I look forward to eating when I get

home> > (healthy eating) on the Friday or just tend to forget. Must get more> > organised.> > > > I have recovered heaps - couldn't have worked at all 18 months ago - but> > want to get off the HC and get my antibodies down.> > > > Thanks for the suggestions.> > > > > >>

Guest guest

Yes, I'm taking it with all the supplements and 12.5 Iodoral bc thats the dose I can take now.Sent from my iPadOn Mar 19, 2012, at 7:24 PM, " Buist, ND HC" <stephaniebnd@...> wrote:

I took 2 with 100 mgs of Iodoral and it didn't make me feel bad. Are you taking Vit C / Mag / Selenium with it? I took them with it as well.

Buist, ND HC

Re: adrenal fatigue> > > > > > > > > > Hi ,> > > > I started using the one that used - Biotics Research Cytozyme AD. I used 's, which helped for awhile, but then stopped working. I tried a number of others too, none of those worked. With this Biotics one, my temp is actually going up. I am up to 97.2 in the AM, from 96.2 in the AM. And 98.0 during the day, where I was at 97.0 or lower before. > > > > I don't know if has it on her website, but Dr. Brownstein has it on his if she doesn't have it on hers. > > > > Glowing,> > > > grace~> > > > "It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before morning."- Henry Ford > > > > "When the government gets involved in the private sector and picks out winners and losers, it screws up the whole market," "The freedom and happiness of man...[are] the > > sole objects of all legitimate government." -- Jefferson> > > > > > Re: adrenal fatigue > > Posted by: " Cochrane" juliemc9@ bifurbombur > > Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:37 pm (PST) > > > > > > I will try adding licorice root and go back to using an adrenal glandular.> > The glandular didn't seem to make any difference last time I tried it.> > > > Could someone please give me a link for a good adrenal glandular?> > > > I can't tolerate polyunsaturated fatty acids - I get massive hair loss -> > but I do eat fish, sardines, tuna and lots of grass-fed eggs. I don't eat> > any grains, nor corn nor potatoes and rarely have sugar. I use stevia.> > > > I can't reduce my work hours at the moment, or in the near future, and it> > is pretty much year-round. However, I got into a good routine of qi gong,> > meditation, Korean Sun Do and stretching a few months ago and that was> > really helping. Then I had to go away with work and didn't get back into> > the routine. I also know a lot of it is a mind thing. I'm usually in> > bed by 9.30pm but am up at 5am.> > > > I know I also have to do some liver cleansing because I had a RT3 issue and> > my hashimoto's antibodies have gone up quite a bit - but I never seem to be> > organised enough because I have to do it Friday so that I can spend> > Saturday by the toilet but I look forward to eating when I get home> > (healthy eating) on the Friday or just tend to forget. Must get more> > organised.> > > > I have recovered heaps - couldn't have worked at all 18 months ago - but> > want to get off the HC and get my antibodies down.> > > > Thanks for the suggestions.> > > > > >>

=

Guest guest

You cannot judge thyroid function by TSH alone. You must look at free T's.

Buist, ND HC

Re: adrenal fatigue> > > > > > > > > > Hi ,> > > > I started using the one that used - Biotics Research Cytozyme AD. I used 's, which helped for awhile, but then stopped working. I tried a number of others too, none of those worked. With this Biotics one, my temp is actually going up. I am up to 97.2 in the AM, from 96.2 in the AM. And 98.0 during the day, where I was at 97.0 or lower before. > > > > I don't know if has it on her website, but Dr. Brownstein has it on his if she doesn't have it on hers. > > > > Glowing,> > > > grace~> > > > "It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before morning."- Henry Ford > > > > "When the government gets involved in the private sector and picks out winners and losers, it screws up the whole market," "The freedom and happiness of man...[are] the > > sole objects of all legitimate government." -- Jefferson> > > > > > Re: adrenal fatigue > > Posted by: " Cochrane" juliemc9@ bifurbombur > > Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:37 pm (PST) > > > > > > I will try adding licorice root and go back to using an adrenal glandular.> > The glandular didn't seem to make any difference last time I tried it.> > > > Could someone please give me a link for a good adrenal glandular?> > > > I can't tolerate polyunsaturated fatty acids - I get massive hair loss -> > but I do eat fish, sardines, tuna and lots of grass-fed eggs. I don't eat> > any grains, nor corn nor potatoes and rarely have sugar. I use stevia.> > > > I can't reduce my work hours at the moment, or in the near future, and it> > is pretty much year-round. However, I got into a good routine of qi gong,> > meditation, Korean Sun Do and stretching a few months ago and that was> > really helping. Then I had to go away with work and didn't get back into> > the routine. I also know a lot of it is a mind thing. I'm usually in> > bed by 9.30pm but am up at 5am.> > > > I know I also have to do some liver cleansing because I had a RT3 issue and> > my hashimoto's antibodies have gone up quite a bit - but I never seem to be> > organised enough because I have to do it Friday so that I can spend> > Saturday by the toilet but I look forward to eating when I get home> > (healthy eating) on the Friday or just tend to forget. Must get more> > organised.> > > > I have recovered heaps - couldn't have worked at all 18 months ago - but> > want to get off the HC and get my antibodies down.> > > > Thanks for the suggestions.> > > > > >>

Guest guest

Silivia.. I have been hypo since the nineties.. went thru the foolishness with synthroid, changed to Armour, went thru the shortage..lol ..  and during all those years I had the worst problem with cold.  My feet were cold, my hands were cold, even the tip of my little nose would get cold... and that was in the house.  You can imagine how bad it was outside in the winter cold.  During all that time my TSH was always within normal parameters.

I started taking the 12.5mg Iodoral iodine tablet daily about 3 months ago.  Nothing is cold anymore and I am much more energetic.  My TSH is still between 2.5 and 3.4 - 5.  It also has taken care of my occassional episodes of rapid heartbeats.

I have always had to have my furry houseshoes on and a blanket in my lap covering my legs in past winters (I love going barefoot) but this winter.. yah... sitting here barefoot and haven't had to use the blanket at all.

I can't speak for anyone else but.. if you aren't allergic to seafood or iodine, trying the iodine sure shouldn't hurt.  You will know pretty quickly if it is working for you.     Lola

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Silvia <silvicrima@...> wrote:

Sorry for interferring. I just would like to know what the inability to deal with cold is due to. I thought it could be to hypothirodism, but my TSH seems to be ok, 2.5. So I wonder if ADRENAL FATIGUE can also cause inability to deal with cold. I've actually had it all my life. I wonder if Lugols can help me with that. It is very hard to deal with...

Sorry again,

Silvia

De: " Buist, ND HC " <stephaniebnd@...>

Para: iodine Enviado: Lunes 19 de marzo de 2012 15:14

Asunto: Re: Re: adrenal fatigue

I never tested my adrenals before taking Cytozyme AD.  I was extremely fatigued and had issues with night time insomnia.  It worked well for me.

Buist, ND HC

Re: adrenal fatigue> > > > > > > > > > Hi ,> > > > I started using the one that used - Biotics Research Cytozyme AD. I used 's, which helped for awhile, but then stopped working. I tried a number of others too, none of those worked. With this Biotics one, my temp is actually going up. I am up to 97.2 in the AM, from 96.2 in the AM. And 98.0 during the day, where I was at 97.0 or lower before.

> > > > I don't know if has it on her website, but Dr. Brownstein has it on his if she doesn't have it on hers. > > > > Glowing,> > > > grace~

> > > > " It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before morning. " - Henry Ford > > > > " When the government gets involved in the private sector and picks out winners and losers, it screws up the whole market, " " The freedom and happiness of man...[are] the

> > sole objects of all legitimate government. " -- Jefferson> > > > > > Re: adrenal fatigue > > Posted by: " Cochrane " juliemc9@ bifurbombur > > Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:37 pm (PST)

> > > > > > I will try adding licorice root and go back to using an adrenal glandular.> > The glandular didn't seem to make any difference last time I tried it.> > > > Could someone please give me a link for a good adrenal glandular?

> > > > I can't tolerate polyunsaturated fatty acids - I get massive hair loss -> > but I do eat fish, sardines, tuna and lots of grass-fed eggs. I don't eat> > any grains, nor corn nor potatoes and rarely have sugar. I use stevia.

> > > > I can't reduce my work hours at the moment, or in the near future, and it> > is pretty much year-round. However, I got into a good routine of qi gong,> > meditation, Korean Sun Do and stretching a few months ago and that was

> > really helping. Then I had to go away with work and didn't get back into> > the routine. I also know a lot of it is a mind thing. I'm usually in> > bed by 9.30pm but am up at 5am.

> > > > I know I also have to do some liver cleansing because I had a RT3 issue and> > my hashimoto's antibodies have gone up quite a bit - but I never seem to be> > organised enough because I have to do it Friday so that I can spend

> > Saturday by the toilet but I look forward to eating when I get home> > (healthy eating) on the Friday or just tend to forget. Must get more> > organised.> > > > I have recovered heaps - couldn't have worked at all 18 months ago - but

> > want to get off the HC and get my antibodies down.> > > > Thanks for the suggestions.> > > > > >>

Guest guest

Hello Lola,

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your reply. You know what a freak of nature I have been feeling all my life with this cold issue. Obviously, people don't understand you when it's 65 degrees and you want to run back home because you feel you're going to catch a cold. They either think you're lying or you're paranoid. Even with my husband, when we first met, it was hard for me to make him understand. My hands and feet have never been particularly cold, it's more like my whole body. Plus, the cold that I feel makes me get sorethroats very easily. At least that is what I think, that the sorethroats are caused my the cold, since I only get them when I feel cold. I have been researching some, and I have been told these could also be candida symptoms. I don't know.

I understand exactly what you mean by having to have your furry houseshoes on and a blanket covering your legs. My house feels more like a bakery than a house. Sometimes it's even hard for me, because I start sweating, but on the other hand I know that if I turn the heater down I'll be cold. Sometimes I feel my life is a constant battle with this body temperature issue and sorethroats.

I'll try taking iodine and see if I feel any difference. Plus, I could also use some energy, you know what I mean. It's as if this inability to deal with cold or sensitivity to cold and sorethroats drains all my energy out of me. It's just so weird.

Thank you so much again, Lola,

Take care,

Silvia

De: phoenix23002 tds.net <phoenix23002@...>Para: iodine Enviado: Lunes 19 de marzo de 2012 19:34Asunto: Re: Re: adrenal fatigue

Silivia.. I have been hypo since the nineties.. went thru the foolishness with synthroid, changed to Armour, went thru the shortage..lol .. and during all those years I had the worst problem with cold. My feet were cold, my hands were cold, even the tip of my little nose would get cold... and that was in the house. You can imagine how bad it was outside in the winter cold. During all that time my TSH was always within normal parameters.

I started taking the 12.5mg Iodoral iodine tablet daily about 3 months ago. Nothing is cold anymore and I am much more energetic. My TSH is still between 2.5 and 3.4 - 5. It also has taken care of my occassional episodes of rapid heartbeats.

I have always had to have my furry houseshoes on and a blanket in my lap covering my legs in past winters (I love going barefoot) but this winter.. yah... sitting here barefoot and haven't had to use the blanket at all.

I can't speak for anyone else but.. if you aren't allergic to seafood or iodine, trying the iodine sure shouldn't hurt. You will know pretty quickly if it is working for you. Lola

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Silvia <silvicrima@...> wrote:

Sorry for interferring. I just would like to know what the inability to deal with cold is due to. I thought it could be to hypothirodism, but my TSH seems to be ok, 2.5. So I wonder if ADRENAL FATIGUE can also cause inability to deal with cold. I've actually had it all my life. I wonder if Lugols can help me with that. It is very hard to deal with...

Sorry again,

Silvia

De: " Buist, ND HC" <stephaniebnd@...>Para: iodine Enviado: Lunes 19 de marzo de 2012 15:14Asunto: Re: Re: adrenal fatigue

I never tested my adrenals before taking Cytozyme AD. I was extremely fatigued and had issues with night time insomnia. It worked well for me.

Buist, ND HC

Re: adrenal fatigue> > > > > > > > > > Hi ,> > > > I started using the one that used - Biotics Research Cytozyme AD. I used 's, which helped for awhile, but then stopped working. I tried a number of others too, none of those worked. With this Biotics one, my temp is actually going up. I am up to 97.2 in the AM, from 96.2 in the AM. And 98.0 during the day, where I was at 97.0 or lower before. > > > > I don't know if has it on her website, but Dr. Brownstein has it on his if she doesn't have it on hers. > > > > Glowing,> > > > grace~> > > > "It is well that

the people of the nation do not understand our banking system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before morning."- Henry Ford > > > > "When the government gets involved in the private sector and picks out winners and losers, it screws up the whole market," "The freedom and happiness of man...[are] the > > sole objects of all legitimate government." -- Jefferson> > > > > > Re: adrenal fatigue > > Posted by: " Cochrane" juliemc9@ bifurbombur > > Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:37 pm (PST) > > > > > > I will try adding licorice root and go back to using an adrenal glandular.> > The glandular didn't seem to make any difference last time I tried it.> > > > Could someone please give me a link for a good adrenal glandular?> > > > I can't tolerate polyunsaturated fatty acids - I get

massive hair loss -> > but I do eat fish, sardines, tuna and lots of grass-fed eggs. I don't eat> > any grains, nor corn nor potatoes and rarely have sugar. I use stevia.> > > > I can't reduce my work hours at the moment, or in the near future, and it> > is pretty much year-round. However, I got into a good routine of qi gong,> > meditation, Korean Sun Do and stretching a few months ago and that was> > really helping. Then I had to go away with work and didn't get back into> > the routine. I also know a lot of it is a mind thing. I'm usually in> > bed by 9.30pm but am up at 5am.> > > > I know I also have to do some liver cleansing because I had a RT3 issue and> > my hashimoto's antibodies have gone up quite a bit - but I never seem to be> > organised enough because I have to do it Friday so that I can spend> >

Saturday by the toilet but I look forward to eating when I get home> > (healthy eating) on the Friday or just tend to forget. Must get more> > organised.> > > > I have recovered heaps - couldn't have worked at all 18 months ago - but> > want to get off the HC and get my antibodies down.> > > > Thanks for the suggestions.> > > > > >>

Guest guest

Silvia, I have had people tell me I was crazy, I would be cold, freezing when everyone was turning the air conditioner up. I lived outside one whole summer sitting in the sun because I couldn't stand the house being so cold feeling. Once I got on Nature throid that changed very quick. I wasn't wearing sweaters to the grocery in the summer. Once I got on iodoral things changed again, all for the better. I can actually get hot after taking iodoral. Wake up sweating. I don't think anyone understand unless they have been there. I know walk about totally comfortable and not shivering. I would run the heat up when my husband left for work and hated to see him come home because I knew I would be freezing again. It's not only uncomfortable to be cold all the time, it's heart breaking for people to say "you can't cold it's hot in here". I take great pride in being about to tell them turn the air on it's to hot in here. Good luck to you.

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4881 - Release Date: 03/19/12

Guest guest

Hello Marilyn,

Thank you so much for your reply! It is so important for me to know that I'm not alone in this. To tell you the truth, I had NEVER found anyone IN MY WHOLE LIFE that had the same thing as me. NEVER. This is even therapeutic. Thank you so much, Lola and Marilyn! I'm so happy for you, girls!!!! I also have a thousand stories of disappointment, when people just cannot fathom what you are trying to explain to them, plus it makes them terribly uncomfortable having to deal with the temperature you need. So something drastic has to be done, like leaving or not going etc ... Let alone when you are surrounded by people who are always hot. I also have many stories of serious arguments about the air conditioner/heater at workplaces, which also affected my reputation at a professional level. Once I got so mad at a dentist office that was freezing cold (in this case, even

the assistants were working with their jackets on), I just got up and left. This is a real problem that separates friendships, at least new friendships. It definitely makes making new friends a pretty hard endeavor, because I will not go walk, or sit outside at the terrace of a restaurant, or go to the mountains unless it's hot and sunny. I signed up with a couple meetup groups in my area, but in the end I had to stop going because of this problem. I feel bad about it, because I like the people in those groups a lot, but they were all about outings. Fortunately my husband now understands me, but yes, at the beginning we definitely went through the phase of him thinking I was intolerant, unflexible, whimsical etc...

Marilyn, do you know if I need a prescription for Nature Thyroid? Did you go to an endocrine or naturopath doctor for that?

How much Nature Thyroid and iodine are you taking?

I'll start taking my iodine as soon as I received the order.

Thanks so much, again.

Take care,

Silvia

De: Marilyn Thoman <marilyn@...>Para: iodine Enviado: Lunes 19 de marzo de 2012 22:02Asunto: Re: Re: adrenal fatigue

Silvia, I have had people tell me I was crazy, I would be cold, freezing when everyone was turning the air conditioner up. I lived outside one whole summer sitting in the sun because I couldn't stand the house being so cold feeling. Once I got on Nature throid that changed very quick. I wasn't wearing sweaters to the grocery in the summer. Once I got on iodoral things changed again, all for the better. I can actually get hot after taking iodoral. Wake up sweating. I don't think anyone understand unless they have been there. I know walk about totally comfortable and not shivering. I would run the heat up when my husband left for work and hated to see him come home because I knew I would be freezing again. It's not only uncomfortable to be cold all the time, it's heart breaking for people to say "you can't cold it's hot in here". I take great pride in being about to tell them turn the air on it's to hot in here. Good

luck to you.

Re: adrenal fatigue> > > > > > > > > > Hi ,> > > > I started using the one that used - Biotics Research Cytozyme AD. I used 's, which helped for awhile, but then stopped working. I tried a number of others too, none of those worked. With this Biotics one, my temp is actually going up. I am up to 97.2 in the AM, from 96.2 in the AM. And 98.0 during the day, where I was at 97.0 or lower before. > > > > I don't know if has it on her website, but Dr. Brownstein has it on his if she doesn't have it on hers. > > > > Glowing,> > > > grace~> > > > "It is well that

the people of the nation do not understand our banking system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before morning."- Henry Ford > > > > "When the government gets involved in the private sector and picks out winners and losers, it screws up the whole market," "The freedom and happiness of man...[are] the > > sole objects of all legitimate government." -- Jefferson> > > > > > Re: adrenal fatigue > > Posted by: " Cochrane" juliemc9@ bifurbombur > > Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:37 pm (PST) > > > > > > I will try adding licorice root and go back to using an adrenal glandular.> > The glandular didn't seem to make any difference last time I tried it.> > > > Could someone please give me a link for a good adrenal glandular?> > > > I can't tolerate polyunsaturated fatty acids - I get

massive hair loss -> > but I do eat fish, sardines, tuna and lots of grass-fed eggs. I don't eat> > any grains, nor corn nor potatoes and rarely have sugar. I use stevia.> > > > I can't reduce my work hours at the moment, or in the near future, and it> > is pretty much year-round. However, I got into a good routine of qi gong,> > meditation, Korean Sun Do and stretching a few months ago and that was> > really helping. Then I had to go away with work and didn't get back into> > the routine. I also know a lot of it is a mind thing. I'm usually in> > bed by 9.30pm but am up at 5am.> > > > I know I also have to do some liver cleansing because I had a RT3 issue and> > my hashimoto's antibodies have gone up quite a bit - but I never seem to be> > organised enough because I have to do it Friday so that I can spend> >

Saturday by the toilet but I look forward to eating when I get home> > (healthy eating) on the Friday or just tend to forget. Must get more> > organised.> > > > I have recovered heaps - couldn't have worked at all 18 months ago - but> > want to get off the HC and get my antibodies down.> > > > Thanks for the suggestions.> > > > > >>

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4881 - Release Date: 03/19/12

Guest guest

Silvia, are you on any thyroid meds? You can not go by TSH you need to have free T4, free T3 tested, iron etc. You may very well be hypo and yes you will be cold until you get that corrected. The iodine is the icing on the cake once you get thyroid meds on board. It was like night and day with the being cold. The iodine is the finishing touch so to speak. I can grin with great pride now when I get hot in the house. No one should have to live like that. You are not alone, many, many people complain about this being hypo. When I was on Synthroid my tsh was always normal. I was always sick and cold. Got a new dr and found the Stop the thyroid madness website and took her in a list of what I wanted tested. She is just a NP but she works with me and changed me to natural thyroid. My TSH was fine but I was very hypo going by free T4/T3. I have no thyroid and I'm on 2 grains of nature throid, and iodoral and I am warm for the first time in 20 plus years and loving it. I would suggest you find that website and write down suggested lab work and have it done. Ask for a copy so someone on one of the thyroid lists can help you with it, until you learn to read it. I still have to remind my Dr what to test for they all seem to think tsh is normal, but that doesn't mean you are not hypo.

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4882 - Release Date: 03/20/12

Guest guest

Thank you so much Marilyn. I'm trying to find a doctor in my area. The one that seemed good charges $700 for his first visit, $450 for the next one, and $350 for the follow ups. I am going to have to find a naturopath doctor and explain the whole thing and go there with the list of test I want done, like you did, from the website Stopthethyroidmadness.

Thank you again,

Silvia

De: Marilyn Thoman <marilyn@...>Para: iodine Enviado: Martes 20 de marzo de 2012 10:49Asunto: Re: Re: adrenal fatigue

Silvia, are you on any thyroid meds? You can not go by TSH you need to have free T4, free T3 tested, iron etc. You may very well be hypo and yes you will be cold until you get that corrected. The iodine is the icing on the cake once you get thyroid meds on board. It was like night and day with the being cold. The iodine is the finishing touch so to speak. I can grin with great pride now when I get hot in the house. No one should have to live like that. You are not alone, many, many people complain about this being hypo. When I was on Synthroid my tsh was always normal. I was always sick and cold. Got a new dr and found the Stop the thyroid madness website and took her in a list of what I wanted tested. She is just a NP but she works with me and changed me to natural thyroid. My TSH was fine but I was very hypo going by free T4/T3. I have no thyroid and I'm on 2 grains of nature throid, and iodoral and I am warm for

the first time in 20 plus years and loving it. I would suggest you find that website and write down suggested lab work and have it done. Ask for a copy so someone on one of the thyroid lists can help you with it, until you learn to read it. I still have to remind my Dr what to test for they all seem to think tsh is normal, but that doesn't mean you are not hypo.

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4882 - Release Date: 03/20/12

Guest guest

Very interesting thread~! I'm wondering how many with these cold feelings during winter end up being HYPERTHYROID in the summer heat once taking either Armour or Naturethroid? I've been on Armour for the past 8 years and every summer when it comes time to turn on the AC in the home (around 85 degrees outside) I end up very quickly going HYPERTHYROID on just 1 grain, plus or minus, of Armour. Naturethroid is even worse. I feel GREAT during Winter except that I'm too cold, with a TSH of around 1.50-2.0 and Free T3 in the 3.5 range. Once the heat comes my Free T3 and Total T3 go OVER range but yet TSH stays around 1.0 - and I find that I quickly start to lose weight - as much as 1/2 lb/day, have a complete loss of appetite, scalp hair falls copiously, hand tremors begin and along with terrible diarrhea and insomnia. Last year I lost 17 pounds in 4 weeks even with titrating down completely off Armour of only 1/2 grain on April 1, 2011 (that I'd taken since the November daily previous to going off on April 1st). Only by going off Armour 100% am I able to get thru this yearly now predictabe episode under control and it takes about 5-6 weeks to feel normal again and things stabilize. Saliva cortisol testing done during one of these episodes (last year) had all 4 test times with HIGH cortisol.

But during winter I'm clearly still hypothyroid and cortisol runs low.... but don't dare take more than 1 grain of Armour as reducing it down in the hotter months is BRUTAL to say the least. When I had blood taken in late August 2011 my TSH was 5.34 and Free T3 2.32 - but weight had stabilized, appetite back and hair growing back in. I felt fine but it was 115 degrees outside so was not freezing...........

I've been hypo for at least 30 years and never had any symptoms besides always being cold - but my homeopath and MD both recommended Armour 8 years ago and it's been a disaster for me. I don't think my hair will every catch up from these annual heavy sheds and my weight yo-yo is not easy to endure. I am NOT overweight to begin with - at 5'5' and 135 normally during summer to quickly shed down to 110-115 lbs without trying is truly a nightmare. My clothes fall off of me. But when blood work is taken during these episodes only my Free & Total T3's are over range, Free and Total T4 are normal, TSH never less than 1.0 nor over 1.5. Docs & homeos are totally confounded and I'm at my wits end.

I do NOT have Hashomoto's - I've had 2-3X annually blood testing for the past 12 years for thyroid antibodies (both tests) and they've never been elevated.

So I wonder if what I truly need is adrenal support and iodine.

Does anyone have any advice? As I can't take Armour, even 1/8 of a grain, during summer, without going totally hyper.........but typically am able to go back on in by early November but have to go off by April of each year. I live in Phoenix AZ by the way - so the heat is very HOT, an extreme climate change which the adrenals/thyroid don't seem to fare well with at all.

Yet if I try to not take ANY Armour during winter I get super colder than normal with freezing feet/hands/nose/buttocks/cool skin and have bad skin (blackheads) and hair gets super brittle and breaks off at the roots. So I need "something". My other hormones are fine (estrogen/progesterone). I eat a gluten/sugar/alcohol free diet and eat organically. Diet is excellent,

I did just take Flechhas iodine loading test as was at 88% saturation - he thinks I have a NIS-Symporter defect since I don't take iodine regularly and hadn't taken any within 120 days of the test.

Any advice?

Thank you,

LIBBY

Guest guest

Hi Libby,That would be very frustrating. I know you mentioned that your antibodies have come back normal but wanted to ask if that included your TSI antibodies? in Alaska

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM, <pibs8@...> wrote:

Very interesting thread~!  I'm wondering how many with these cold feelings during winter end up being HYPERTHYROID in the summer heat once taking either Armour or Naturethroid?  I've been on Armour for the past 8 years and every summer when it comes time to turn on the AC in the home (around 85 degrees outside) I end up very quickly going HYPERTHYROID on just 1 grain, plus or minus, of Armour.  Naturethroid is even worse. I feel GREAT during Winter except that I'm too cold, with a TSH of around 1.50-2.0 and Free T3 in the 3.5 range.  Once the heat comes my Free T3 and Total T3 go OVER range but yet TSH stays around 1.0 - and I find that I quickly start to lose weight - as much as 1/2 lb/day, have a complete loss of appetite, scalp hair falls copiously, hand tremors begin and along with terrible diarrhea and insomnia. Last year I lost 17 pounds in 4 weeks even with titrating down completely off Armour of only 1/2 grain on April 1, 2011 (that I'd taken since the November daily previous to going off on April 1st).  Only by going off Armour 100% am I able to get thru this yearly now predictabe episode under control and it takes about 5-6 weeks to feel normal again and things stabilize.  Saliva cortisol testing done during one of these episodes (last year) had all 4 test times with HIGH cortisol. 

But during winter I'm clearly still hypothyroid and cortisol runs low.... but don't dare take more than 1 grain of Armour as reducing it down in the hotter months is BRUTAL to say the least.    When I had blood taken in late August 2011 my TSH was 5.34 and Free T3 2.32 - but weight had stabilized, appetite back and hair growing back in.  I felt fine but it was 115 degrees outside so was not freezing...........

I've been hypo for at least 30 years and never had any symptoms besides always being cold - but my homeopath and MD both recommended Armour 8 years ago and it's been a disaster for me.  I don't think my hair will every catch up from these annual heavy sheds and my weight yo-yo is not easy to endure.  I am NOT overweight to begin with - at 5'5' and 135 normally during summer to quickly shed down to 110-115 lbs without trying is truly a nightmare.  My clothes fall off of me.  But when blood work is taken during these episodes only my Free & Total T3's are over range, Free and Total T4 are normal, TSH never less than 1.0 nor over 1.5.  Docs & homeos are totally confounded and I'm at my wits end.

I do NOT have Hashomoto's - I've had 2-3X annually blood testing for the past 12 years for thyroid antibodies (both tests) and they've never been elevated.

Does anyone have any advice?  As I can't take Armour, even 1/8 of a grain, during summer, without going totally hyper.........but typically am able to go back on in by early November but have to go off by April of each year.  I live in Phoenix AZ by the way - so the heat is very HOT, an extreme climate change which the adrenals/thyroid don't seem to fare well with at all.

Yet if I try to not take ANY Armour during winter I get super colder than normal with freezing feet/hands/nose/buttocks/cool skin and have bad skin (blackheads) and hair gets super brittle and breaks off at the roots.  So I need " something " .  My other hormones are fine (estrogen/progesterone). I eat a gluten/sugar/alcohol free diet and eat organically.  Diet is excellent,

I did just take Flechhas iodine loading test as was at 88% saturation - he thinks I have a NIS-Symporter defect since I don't take iodine regularly and hadn't taken any within 120 days of the test.

Any advice?

Thank you,

LIBBY

Guest guest

I'm sorry you're going through this, Libby.

I'm very new at this, and I'm going to try something sometime soon to see how I feel. Unfortunately, I cannot give you any advice.

I just wanted to show you my support, because I know how hard of a time we have if our "internal thermometer" is not working right.

I'll follow your post.

Good luck,

Silvia

De: "pibs8@..." <pibs8@...>Para: iodine Enviado: Martes 20 de marzo de 2012 13:52Asunto: Re: adrenal fatigue

Very interesting thread~! I'm wondering how many with these cold feelings during winter end up being HYPERTHYROID in the summer heat once taking either Armour or Naturethroid? I've been on Armour for the past 8 years and every summer when it comes time to turn on the AC in the home (around 85 degrees outside) I end up very quickly going HYPERTHYROID on just 1 grain, plus or minus, of Armour. Naturethroid is even worse. I feel GREAT during Winter except that I'm too cold, with a TSH of around 1.50-2.0 and Free T3 in the 3.5 range. Once the heat comes my Free T3 and Total T3 go OVER range but yet TSH stays around 1.0 - and I find that I quickly start to lose weight - as much as 1/2 lb/day, have a complete loss of appetite, scalp hair falls copiously, hand tremors begin and along with terrible diarrhea and insomnia. Last year I lost 17 pounds in 4 weeks even with titrating down completely off

Armour of only 1/2 grain on April 1, 2011 (that I'd taken since the November daily previous to going off on April 1st). Only by going off Armour 100% am I able to get thru this yearly now predictabe episode under control and it takes about 5-6 weeks to feel normal again and things stabilize. Saliva cortisol testing done during one of these episodes (last year) had all 4 test times with HIGH cortisol.

But during winter I'm clearly still hypothyroid and cortisol runs low.... but don't dare take more than 1 grain of Armour as reducing it down in the hotter months is BRUTAL to say the least. When I had blood taken in late August 2011 my TSH was 5.34 and Free T3 2.32 - but weight had stabilized, appetite back and hair growing back in. I felt fine but it was 115 degrees outside so was not freezing...........

I've been hypo for at least 30 years and never had any symptoms besides always being cold - but my homeopath and MD both recommended Armour 8 years ago and it's been a disaster for me. I don't think my hair will every catch up from these annual heavy sheds and my weight yo-yo is not easy to endure. I am NOT overweight to begin with - at 5'5' and 135 normally during summer to quickly shed down to 110-115 lbs without trying is truly a nightmare. My clothes fall off of me. But when blood work is taken during these episodes only my Free & Total T3's are over range, Free and Total T4 are normal, TSH never less than 1.0 nor over 1.5. Docs & homeos are totally confounded and I'm at my wits end.

Does anyone have any advice? As I can't take Armour, even 1/8 of a grain, during summer, without going totally hyper.........but typically am able to go back on in by early November but have to go off by April of each year. I live in Phoenix AZ by the way - so the heat is very HOT, an extreme climate change which the adrenals/thyroid don't seem to fare well with at all.

Yet if I try to not take ANY Armour during winter I get super colder than normal with freezing feet/hands/nose/buttocks/cool skin and have bad skin (blackheads) and hair gets super brittle and breaks off at the roots. So I need "something". My other hormones are fine (estrogen/progesterone). I eat a gluten/sugar/alcohol free diet and eat organically. Diet is excellent,

Any advice?

Thank you,

LIBBY

Guest guest

Thank you so much for your support~! I do know that I have to tamper with my dose of Armour when summer comes or I pay the BIG price of going hyper and fast~! My plan this year is to divide my dose into an am and pm dose starting tomorrow (since it's now in the 80's here in Arizona) and as well start to drop off the pm dose every 3rd day - and so forth....until I'm only taking just the am dose. In the past I've had to go 100% off the Armour to get it under control but this is REALLY hard on the system and the adrenals get overtaxed.

So I started Isocort last week to good results thus far, not feeling hyper on it at all and in fact feel a little "warmer" from using it - so it's likely helping my thyroid work a little better. I do take sea salt, Vit C, B vitamins, magnesium and 12.5 mg of iodine along w/a good multivitamin and fish oil/EPO. My diet is truly "clean" - with no gluten/sugar/alcohol and only the tiniest bit of dairy in the form of Kefir or Plain organic yogurt and a rare additional of feta cheese to my salad perhaps once a week. We eat at home most of the time, eating organic meats (grass fed beef) and wild fish and organic veggies. I only eat the low sugar fruits such as green apples and berries. We do eat brown rice but no starchy veggies, only green, red or yellow veggies. You could say our diet is excellent and we also exercise regularly. So I'm trying to think outside of the box and figure out why I have this horrible reaction to the heat, which only began once I started taking Armour thyroid in 2002 - as every summer I've had to go off it 100% to get the hair loss, weight loss, diarrhea and other typical hyper symptoms under control. Otherwise during the cold months my hair is great, weight returns, appetite/bowels are normal - but the heat of summer sets me into a tail spin. So I think my adrenals are weak, even though my energy is good during the winter - but goes to near zero in the heat - I'm zapped.

Anyone have ANY suggestions? Other tests to have done? Foods/supps to try?

I am going to get the TSI test at next blood draw, although my homeopath is fighting me on it as she says I"m NOT a Graves patient and this test is useless...............but I will insist on it and get it done.

Thank you all-

LIBBY

Guest guest

Libby,

I went through something similar - though not as severe - but after taking a thyroid glandular for many years and usually stopping it in the summer, I found out that my problem with very low body temps and hair falling out was caused more by adrenal problems than thyroid. I didn't know that adrenal fatigue could also cause low body temps.

Tammy

De: "pibs8@..." <pibs8@...>Para: iodine Enviado: Martes 20 de marzo de 2012 13:52Asunto: Re: adrenal fatigue

Very interesting thread~! I'm wondering how many with these cold feelings during winter end up being HYPERTHYROID in the summer heat once taking either Armour or Naturethroid? I've been on Armour for the past 8 years and every summer when it comes time to turn on the AC in the home (around 85 degrees outside) I end up very quickly going HYPERTHYROID on just 1 grain, plus or minus, of Armour. Naturethroid is even worse. I feel GREAT during Winter except that I'm too cold, with a TSH of around 1.50-2.0 and Free T3 in the 3.5 range. Once the heat comes my Free T3 and Total T3 go OVER range but yet TSH stays around 1.0 - and I find that I quickly start to lose weight - as much as 1/2 lb/day, have a complete loss of appetite, scalp hair falls copiously, hand tremors begin and along with terrible diarrhea and insomnia. Last year I lost 17 pounds in 4 weeks even with titrating down completely off Armour of only 1/2 grain on April 1, 2011 (that I'd taken since the November daily previous to going off on April 1st). Only by going off Armour 100% am I able to get thru this yearly now predictabe episode under control and it takes about 5-6 weeks to feel normal again and things stabilize. Saliva cortisol testing done during one of these episodes (last year) had all 4 test times with HIGH cortisol.

Any advice?

Thank you,

LIBBY

Guest guest

That is so good to know, Tammy.

Does iodine help with adrenal fatigue?

What can one do to try and fix adrenal fatigue?

Thank you so much,

Silvia

De: Freedom Alternatives <tgalfred@...>Para: iodine Enviado: Miércoles 21 de marzo de 2012 20:54Asunto: Re: Re: adrenal fatigue

Libby,

I went through something similar - though not as severe - but after taking a thyroid glandular for many years and usually stopping it in the summer, I found out that my problem with very low body temps and hair falling out was caused more by adrenal problems than thyroid. I didn't know that adrenal fatigue could also cause low body temps.

Tammy

Very interesting thread~! I'm wondering how many with these cold feelings during winter end up being HYPERTHYROID in the summer heat once taking either Armour or Naturethroid? I've been on Armour for the past 8 years and every summer when it comes time to turn on the AC in the home (around 85 degrees outside) I end up very quickly going HYPERTHYROID on just 1 grain, plus or minus, of Armour. Naturethroid is even worse. I feel GREAT during Winter except that I'm too cold, with a TSH of around 1.50-2.0 and Free T3 in the 3.5 range. Once the heat comes my Free T3 and Total T3 go OVER range but yet TSH stays around 1.0 - and I find that I quickly start to lose weight - as much as 1/2 lb/day, have a complete loss of appetite, scalp hair falls copiously, hand tremors begin and along with terrible diarrhea and insomnia. Last year I lost 17 pounds in 4 weeks even with titrating down completely off

Armour of only 1/2 grain on April 1, 2011 (that I'd taken since the November daily previous to going off on April 1st). Only by going off Armour 100% am I able to get thru this yearly now predictabe episode under control and it takes about 5-6 weeks to feel normal again and things stabilize. Saliva cortisol testing done during one of these episodes (last year) had all 4 test times with HIGH cortisol.

Any advice?

Thank you,

LIBBY

Guest guest

Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Silvia <silvicrima@...> wrote:

Thank you so much,

Silvia

De: Freedom Alternatives <tgalfred@...>

Para: iodine Enviado: Miércoles 21 de marzo de 2012 20:54

Asunto: Re: Re: adrenal fatigue

Libby,

I went through something similar - though not as severe  - but after taking a thyroid glandular for many years and usually stopping it in the summer, I found out that my problem with very low body temps and hair falling out was caused more by adrenal problems than thyroid.  I didn't know that adrenal fatigue could also cause low body temps. 

Tammy

De: " pibs8@... " <pibs8@...>

Para: iodine Enviado: Martes 20 de marzo de 2012 13:52

Asunto: Re: adrenal fatigue

Very interesting thread~!  I'm wondering how many with these cold feelings during winter end up being HYPERTHYROID in the summer heat once taking either Armour or Naturethroid?  I've been on Armour for the past 8 years and every summer when it comes time to turn on the AC in the home (around 85 degrees outside) I end up very quickly going HYPERTHYROID on just 1 grain, plus or minus, of Armour.  Naturethroid is even worse. I feel GREAT during Winter except that I'm too cold, with a TSH of around 1.50-2.0 and Free T3 in the 3.5 range.  Once the heat comes my Free T3 and Total T3 go OVER range but yet TSH stays around 1.0 - and I find that I quickly start to lose weight - as much as 1/2 lb/day, have a complete loss of appetite, scalp hair falls copiously, hand tremors begin and along with terrible diarrhea and insomnia. Last year I lost 17 pounds in 4 weeks even with titrating down completely off Armour of only 1/2 grain on April 1, 2011 (that I'd taken since the November daily previous to going off on April 1st).  Only by going off Armour 100% am I able to get thru this yearly now predictabe episode under control and it takes about 5-6 weeks to feel normal again and things stabilize.  Saliva cortisol testing done during one of these episodes (last year) had all 4 test times with HIGH cortisol. 

But during winter I'm clearly still hypothyroid and cortisol runs low.... but don't dare take more than 1 grain of Armour as reducing it down in the hotter months is BRUTAL to say the least.    When I had blood taken in late August 2011 my TSH was 5.34 and Free T3 2.32 - but weight had stabilized, appetite back and hair growing back in.  I felt fine but it was 115 degrees outside so was not freezing...........

I've been hypo for at least 30 years and never had any symptoms besides always being cold - but my homeopath and MD both recommended Armour 8 years ago and it's been a disaster for me.  I don't think my hair will every catch up from these annual heavy sheds and my weight yo-yo is not easy to endure.  I am NOT overweight to begin with - at 5'5' and 135 normally during summer to quickly shed down to 110-115 lbs without trying is truly a nightmare.  My clothes fall off of me.  But when blood work is taken during these episodes only my Free & Total T3's are over range, Free and Total T4 are normal, TSH never less than 1.0 nor over 1.5.  Docs & homeos are totally confounded and I'm at my wits end.

Does anyone have any advice?  As I can't take Armour, even 1/8 of a grain, during summer, without going totally hyper.........but typically am able to go back on in by early November but have to go off by April of each year.  I live in Phoenix AZ by the way - so the heat is very HOT, an extreme climate change which the adrenals/thyroid don't seem to fare well with at all.

Yet if I try to not take ANY Armour during winter I get super colder than normal with freezing feet/hands/nose/buttocks/cool skin and have bad skin (blackheads) and hair gets super brittle and breaks off at the roots.  So I need " something " .  My other hormones are fine (estrogen/progesterone). I eat a gluten/sugar/alcohol free diet and eat organically.  Diet is excellent,

Any advice?

Thank you,

LIBBY

Guest guest

Here is the information from the guide to supplementation: 20. I have adrenal fatigue. Can I take Iodine?Yes, Iodine is used by every gland and mucosal lining and is needed to heal theadrenals. You should also use unrefined salt to support them as well as Vitamin C.Other products such as ashwaganda, licorice root, adrenal glandulars and in severeconditions a doctor can prescribe hydrocortisone to replace the body’s deficiency. The book Ido recommended below is very helpful! I would urge you to read it. Donna in IL, moderator Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Silvia <silvicrima@...> wrote: That is so good to know, Tammy.Does iodine help with adrenal fatigue?What can one do to try and fix adrenal fatigue? Thank you so much, Silvia De: Freedom Alternatives <tgalfred@...>Para: iodine Enviado: Miércoles 21 de marzo de 2012 20:54Asunto: Re: Re: adrenal fatigue  Libby, I went through something similar - though not as severe - but after taking a thyroid glandular for many years and usually stopping it in the summer, I found out that my problem with very low body temps and hair falling out was caused more by adrenal problems than thyroid. I didn't know that adrenal fatigue could also cause low body temps. Tammy De: " pibs8@... " <pibs8@...>Para: iodine Enviado: Martes 20 de marzo de 2012 13:52Asunto: Re: adrenal fatigue Very interesting thread~! I'm wondering how many with these cold feelings during winter end up being HYPERTHYROID in the summer heat once taking either Armour or Naturethroid? I've been on Armour for the past 8 years and every summer when it comes time to turn on the AC in the home (around 85 degrees outside) I end up very quickly going HYPERTHYROID on just 1 grain, plus or minus, of Armour. Naturethroid is even worse. I feel GREAT during Winter except that I'm too cold, with a TSH of around 1.50-2.0 and Free T3 in the 3.5 range. Once the heat comes my Free T3 and Total T3 go OVER range but yet TSH stays around 1.0 - and I find that I quickly start to lose weight - as much as 1/2 lb/day, have a complete loss of appetite, scalp hair falls copiously, hand tremors begin and along with terrible diarrhea and insomnia. Last year I lost 17 pounds in 4 weeks even with titrating down completely off Armour of only 1/2 grain on April 1, 2011 (that I'd taken since the November daily previous to going off on April 1st). Only by going off Armour 100% am I able to get thru this yearly now predictabe episode under control and it takes about 5-6 weeks to feel normal again and things stabilize. Saliva cortisol testing done during one of these episodes (last year) had all 4 test times with HIGH cortisol. But during winter I'm clearly still hypothyroid and cortisol runs low.... but don't dare take more than 1 grain of Armour as reducing it down in the hotter months is BRUTAL to say the least. When I had blood taken in late August 2011 my TSH was 5.34 and Free T3 2.32 - but weight had stabilized, appetite back and hair growing back in. I felt fine but it was 115 degrees outside so was not freezing...........I've been hypo for at least 30 years and never had any symptoms besides always being cold - but my homeopath and MD both recommended Armour 8 years ago and it's been a disaster for me. I don't think my hair will every catch up from these annual heavy sheds and my weight yo-yo is not easy to endure. I am NOT overweight to begin with - at 5'5' and 135 normally during summer to quickly shed down to 110-115 lbs without trying is truly a nightmare. My clothes fall off of me. But when blood work is taken during these episodes only my Free & Total T3's are over range, Free and Total T4 are normal, TSH never less than 1.0 nor over 1.5. Docs & homeos are totally confounded and I'm at my wits end.I do NOT have Hashomoto's - I've had 2-3X annually blood testing for the past 12 years for thyroid antibodies (both tests) and they've never been elevated.So I wonder if what I truly need is adrenal support and iodine.Does anyone have any advice? As I can't take Armour, even 1/8 of a grain, during summer, without going totally hyper.........but typically am able to go back on in by early November but have to go off by April of each year. I live in Phoenix AZ by the way - so the heat is very HOT, an extreme climate change which the adrenals/thyroid don't seem to fare well with at all.Yet if I try to not take ANY Armour during winter I get super colder than normal with freezing feet/hands/nose/buttocks/cool skin and have bad skin (blackheads) and hair gets super brittle and breaks off at the roots. So I need " something " . My other hormones are fine (estrogen/progesterone). I eat a gluten/sugar/alcohol free diet and eat organically. Diet is excellent,I did just take Flechhas iodine loading test as was at 88% saturation - he thinks I have a NIS-Symporter defect since I don't take iodine regularly and hadn't taken any within 120 days of the test.Any advice?Thank you,LIBBY

Guest guest

Wow Tammy - thanks for the insight.

Interesting to note that I started both iodine 12.5 mg last week and 1 pellet of Isocort and that my body temps have gone UP to around 98.3 very quickly and my feet/hands are not freezing at night like they have been all winter.........so there's something to this~!

What thyroid glandular were you on? Armour, Naturethroid or ?? Are you taking iodine now and if so, how much?

Thank you,

LIBBY

Guest guest

Hi Libby,In this group, we ask that you do NOT trim the posts. With so many members, we can’t remember what you are replying to when you cut out the previous conversations. Just hit “reply” and add your post at the top. Then anyone who can’t remember the previous conversation can just scroll down to read it. Thank you! Donna in IL, moderator From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of pibs8@...Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:31 PMiodine Subject: Re: adrenal fatigue Wow Tammy - thanks for the insight.Interesting to note that I started both iodine 12.5 mg last week and 1 pellet of Isocort and that my body temps have gone UP to around 98.3 very quickly and my feet/hands are not freezing at night like they have been all winter.........so there's something to this~!What thyroid glandular were you on? Armour, Naturethroid or ?? Are you taking iodine now and if so, how much? Thank you,LIBBY

Guest guest

Thank you so much Ido Zahavi!

Silvia :)

De: ido zahavi <zahavi100@...>Para: iodine Enviado: Jueves 22 de marzo de 2012 5:36Asunto: Re: Re: adrenal fatigue

Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome

Thank you so much,

Silvia

De: Freedom Alternatives <tgalfred@...>Para: iodine Enviado: Miércoles 21 de marzo de 2012 20:54Asunto: Re: Re: adrenal fatigue

Libby,

Tammy

Any advice?

Thank you,

LIBBY

Guest guest

Thank you so very much, Donna!

Silvia :)

De: Donna Iler <Donna@...>Para: "iodine " <iodine > Enviado: Jueves 22 de marzo de 2012 7:49Asunto: RE: Re: adrenal fatigue

Here is the information from the guide to supplementation:

20. I have adrenal fatigue. Can I take Iodine?

Yes, Iodine is used by every gland and mucosal lining and is needed to heal the

adrenals. You should also use unrefined salt to support them as well as Vitamin C.

Other products such as ashwaganda, licorice root, adrenal glandulars and in severe

conditions a doctor can prescribe hydrocortisone to replace the body’s deficiency.

The book Ido recommended below is very helpful! I would urge you to read it.

Donna in IL, moderator

Thank you so much,

Silvia

Libby,

Tammy

Very interesting thread~! I'm wondering how many with these cold feelings during winter end up being HYPERTHYROID in the summer heat once taking either Armour or Naturethroid? I've been on Armour for the past 8 years and every summer when it comes time to turn on the AC in the home (around 85 degrees outside) I end up very quickly going HYPERTHYROID on just 1 grain, plus or minus, of Armour. Naturethroid is even worse. I feel GREAT during Winter except that I'm too cold, with a TSH of around 1.50-2.0 and Free T3 in the 3.5 range. Once the heat comes my Free T3 and Total T3 go OVER range but yet TSH stays around 1.0 - and I find that I quickly start to lose weight - as much as 1/2 lb/day, have a complete loss of appetite, scalp hair falls copiously, hand tremors begin and along with terrible diarrhea and insomnia. Last year I lost 17

pounds in 4 weeks even with titrating down completely off Armour of only 1/2 grain on April 1, 2011 (that I'd taken since the November daily previous to going off on April 1st). Only by going off Armour 100% am I able to get thru this yearly now predictabe episode under control and it takes about 5-6 weeks to feel normal again and things stabilize. Saliva cortisol testing done during one of these episodes (last year) had all 4 test times with HIGH cortisol.

Any advice?

Thank you,

LIBBY