RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

It's been awhile

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Its so good to hear from you again! I knew it was just a matter of time 'til you came back, but it seems like ages since we had brunch together.

I did have dinner with Manny right before his successful surgery, and as nice as he seemed in his Board posts, was even more so in person. He popped in last week, and probably will continue to do so from time to time.

Regarding my decision....My decision for now is not to have the surgery. Depending upon "conditions" at home, I still would like to see Dr. Rice, (as long as he promises not to do surgery on me against my will). I don't expect him to say anything other than 'ectomy to me, but you never know. 's esophagus was twice the normal length. By foresight and hindsight she made the right choice.

For my part, since the beginning of the year I have been trying to live in an "esophagus friendly" environment (whatever that means). To that end, I am eating slower, drinking more (if that's possible), nothing between meals, and nothing after an early dinner. If I can't have something to drink, I won't have anything to eat. All the above sounds like right out of "Achalasia 101," but it has made a difference. I no longer regurgitate in my sleep. I regurg less while awake (the voluntary type), but no more races to the rest room. Resulting from this I have also dropped 28 pounds since January 2nd. At any rate my cardiologist should be pleased. You saw me at my heaviest (at all places, of course, the buffet...no wonder!).

But, before knocking the buffet, it happens to be one of the most user friendly places for Achalasians there is. You have access to unlimited drinks, without waiting. You control the size of the portions. You control the pace at which you want to eat, not the waiter/waitress. And you get up a lot to walk, which always is a good thing, often helping the food to go down.

, on a more serious note, I completely understand that a lessening of symptoms is not necessarily indicative of an improved esophagus, so I will continue to get regular checkups with the local GI doctor. Thanks for asking.

So, I'm thrilled that the "happy swallower" has returned, and I do hope that you've been doing pretty good too!

In a message dated 4/11/2007 1:28:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, michelle.mcnair@... writes:

Hey All - glad to see some familiar names are still around. It's probably been about 6 months or so since I've been here but I think about all of you and hope good happy swallowing thoughts for all of you often.A lot has happened - all good. a couple of months ago, my husband got a very good promotion and we moved to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Hey - living at the beach doesn't suck!! I'm back into selling advertising and really liking it. Now if the weather would cooperate a bit more so we could enjoy our gazillion miles of beaches - life would be complete!!I've updated my contact info so if there's anyone around - Vacation maybe?? - please feel free to hollar at me. I live within 5 miles of the ocean or the sound, if you've never vacationed here - it doesn't suck!! :)it's busy season here so I probably won't be checking in on a daily basis but please feel free to contact me and I will be glad to answer questions or help in any way that I can. - congratulations on the new 'wee' one (isnt' that how you'd say it?)Ann - always nice to see the lilac font - did you decide on surgery yet? - you 'sound' wonderful - I'm glad it's going well for you so far.For the moms that are asking about infections and the like in kids - I got diagnosed at age 12 and as a kid - I did have a lot of problems with ear infections and had my tonsils and adenoids out at age 3. I also had a great deal of allergies that thankfully have been long gone thanks to allergy shots I got as a kid.Take care and Happy Swallowing!- - now in NC

See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

:

I am fairly new....have A. and am wondering your background. Did you have the Heller Myotomy and if so how long ago and results. I am in FL. Outer banks are fun...visited there briefly - just went to Hilton Head this last Christmas.

Tammy

it's been awhile

Hey All - glad to see some familiar names are still around. It's probably been about 6 months or so since I've been here but I think about all of you and hope good happy swallowing thoughts for all of you often.A lot has happened - all good. a couple of months ago, my husband got a very good promotion and we moved to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Hey - living at the beach doesn't suck!! I'm back into selling advertising and really liking it. Now if the weather would cooperate a bit more so we could enjoy our gazillion miles of beaches - life would be complete!!I've updated my contact info so if there's anyone around - Vacation maybe?? - please feel free to hollar at me. I live within 5 miles of the ocean or the sound, if you've never vacationed here - it doesn't suck!! :)it's busy season here so I probably won't be checking in on a daily basis but please feel free to contact me and I will be glad to answer

questions or help in any way that I can. - congratulations on the new 'wee' one (isnt' that how you'd say it?)Ann - always nice to see the lilac font - did you decide on surgery yet? - you 'sound' wonderful - I'm glad it's going well for you so far.For the moms that are asking about infections and the like in kids - I got diagnosed at age 12 and as a kid - I did have a lot of problems with ear infections and had my tonsils and adenoids out at age 3. I also had a great deal of allergies that thankfully have been long gone thanks to allergy shots I got as a kid.Take care and Happy Swallowing!- - now in NC

The fish are biting.

Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing.

Guest guest

HI - I remember you.Good to hear from you again.

I guess I am not too far from you now-I am in Virginia.I love the

beach so I envy you right now :) 5 minutes wow! work would never

get done.lol

Sounds like things are going well for you.Thats great.

Thats interesting that you too had issues like JAmes and Tia with

your tonsils,ears and such.Really makes me wonder if there is a

connection of some kind.With A being so rare and several same child

hood issues and then achalasia.Could it be something..hmmmm

Maybe a talk with Dr Rice someday.

Take care and enjoy that beach! I will get with you when I come that

way to go hear and see some waves!

Tonia

>

> Hey All - glad to see some familiar names are still around. It's

> probably been about 6 months or so since I've been here but I

think

> about all of you and hope good happy swallowing thoughts for all

of

> you often.

> A lot has happened - all good. a couple of months ago, my husband

got

> a very good promotion and we moved to the Outer Banks of North

> Carolina. Hey - living at the beach doesn't suck!! I'm back into

> selling advertising and really liking it. Now if the weather would

> cooperate a bit more so we could enjoy our gazillion miles of

> beaches - life would be complete!!

> I've updated my contact info so if there's anyone around -

Vacation

> maybe?? - please feel free to hollar at me. I live within 5 miles

of

> the ocean or the sound, if you've never vacationed here - it

doesn't

> suck!! :)

> it's busy season here so I probably won't be checking in on a

daily

> basis but please feel free to contact me and I will be glad to

answer

> questions or help in any way that I can.

>

> - congratulations on the new 'wee' one (isnt' that how you'd

> say it?)

> Ann - always nice to see the lilac font

> - did you decide on surgery yet?

> - you 'sound' wonderful - I'm glad it's going well for you

so

> far.

>

> For the moms that are asking about infections and the like in

kids -

> I got diagnosed at age 12 and as a kid - I did have a lot of

problems

> with ear infections and had my tonsils and adenoids out at age 3.

I

> also had a great deal of allergies that thankfully have been long

> gone thanks to allergy shots I got as a kid.

>

> Take care and

> Happy Swallowing!

> - - now in NC

>

Guest guest

Hi Tammy - I started with symptoms at the age of 12 - I'm 39 now. Got

diagnosed at age 15, had a couple of dilations, had a heller with

nissen at age 20 (1989) and 1 maybe 2 dilations since. I take

protonix daily and now amitryptaline to help my spasms - I had a

doozie last night but they've really calmed down since I added the

amitryptaline. I would say the results from my Heller were good. I

had my surgery over 18 years ago and had very little since. I do go

for barium swallows and endoscopies about every 2-3 years just to

keep an eye on it all.

Anything else you'd like to ask, please don't hesitate. I may not be

here every day but I'll try to come in once in awhile.

Good luck with your treatment. If you come back to the OBX, look me

up!!

Happy Swallowing!

- in NC

>

> :

> I am fairly new....have A. and am wondering your background. Did

you have the Heller Myotomy and if so how long ago and results. I am

in FL. Outer banks are fun...visited there briefly - just went to

Hilton Head this last Christmas.

> Tammy

>

>

> it's been awhile

>

> Hey All - glad to see some familiar names are still around. It's

> probably been about 6 months or so since I've been here but I think

> about all of you and hope good happy swallowing thoughts for all of

> you often.

> A lot has happened - all good. a couple of months ago, my husband

got

> a very good promotion and we moved to the Outer Banks of North

> Carolina. Hey - living at the beach doesn't suck!! I'm back into

> selling advertising and really liking it. Now if the weather would

> cooperate a bit more so we could enjoy our gazillion miles of

> beaches - life would be complete!!

> I've updated my contact info so if there's anyone around - Vacation

> maybe?? - please feel free to hollar at me. I live within 5 miles

of

> the ocean or the sound, if you've never vacationed here - it

doesn't

> suck!! :)

> it's busy season here so I probably won't be checking in on a daily

> basis but please feel free to contact me and I will be glad to

answer

> questions or help in any way that I can.

>

> - congratulations on the new 'wee' one (isnt' that how you'd

> say it?)

> Ann - always nice to see the lilac font

> - did you decide on surgery yet?

> - you 'sound' wonderful - I'm glad it's going well for you so

> far.

>

> For the moms that are asking about infections and the like in kids -

> I got diagnosed at age 12 and as a kid - I did have a lot of

problems

> with ear infections and had my tonsils and adenoids out at age 3. I

> also had a great deal of allergies that thankfully have been long

> gone thanks to allergy shots I got as a kid.

>

> Take care and

> Happy Swallowing!

> - - now in NC

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.

> Try the free Beta.

> http://advision.webevents./mailbeta/features_spam.html

>

Guest guest

Hi , Hi , , too bad you can't find help with Desens. Where do you live? , In January, I increased my aspirin intake to 650 mg twice daily after having been really sick since September. This was the original dose that Dr son started me on at Scripps. My Immunologist put me on the broad spectrum antibiotic Vantin x 8 weeks to totally bury the bacterium that wouldn't die. I know its too long to be on an antibiotics but it beat the alternative of this permanent resident overrunning me. We also added Singulair back in to my regimen. I finally recuperated with these steps. I've still been back on antibiotics and steroids twice since but haven't been sick and miserable every day like before. I have tried a thousand different herbs and love them for their general healing but the only thing that's really helped me with Samters is aspirin. I always

take these big doses with a full meal to protect my stomach. Good luck. Liz jbsjbs21 <evacub@...> wrote: Hi, thanks for writing. Where do you live? I am in Atlanta and have a good ENT. I am in school studying acupuncture and chinese herbs and after lots of pondering have decided that Samter's is some kind of inflammatory condition. There is one herbal therapy that you can buy at any health food store called Zyflamex and it has been proven to reduce inflammation almost as well as

prednisone but there are a couple of herbs in it that react with aspirin. Also there is a new formula out called Phytocort. This is what I really want to try. I read about it a few years ago in Prevention magazine and it is now on the market. It is 3 herbs that doctors have found that when they are combined their effects on inflammation are as strong or stronger than prednisone. In the studies, the people on the herbs did much better than those on prednisone and with no side effects. But one of the herbs is a blood thinner so againm no asprin. Anyways, i hope to try them soon when I go off the aspirin. laura>

We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love(and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

Guest guest

I am also in the Atlanta area. I live in Stone Mountain and my ENT is Dr. Hewitt at ENT of Georgia. He is very good and so far my symptoms are minor. I am on Advair, Singulair, Allegra and Albuterol as needed. I had sinus surgery April of 2006 and an absess in May of 2006. I am going to try the herbal therapy. Where do you get yours?

Re: It's been awhile

Hi, thanks for writing. Where do you live? I am in Atlanta and have a good ENT. I am in school studying acupuncture and chinese herbs and after lots of pondering have decided that Samter's is some kind of inflammatory condition. There is one herbal therapy that you can buy at any health food store called Zyflamex and it has been proven to reduce inflammation almost as well as prednisone but there are a couple of herbs in it that react with aspirin. Also there is a new formula out called Phytocort. This is what I really want to try. I read about it a few years ago in Prevention magazine and it is now on the market. It is 3 herbs that doctors have found that when they are combined their effects on inflammation are as strong or stronger than prednisone. In the studies, the people on the herbs did much better than those on prednisone and with no side

effects. But one of the herbs is a blood thinner so againm no asprin. Anyways, i hope to try them soon when I go off the aspirin. laura>

Guest guest

Did they test Aldo and Renin after surgery?

>

> I have had hyperaldosteronism. I had surgery to remove my left adrenal gland

a few years ago. My BP is well controlled now as well as my potassium. Do I

need to have regular checks for adolsterum (spelling?) or anything else?

> How has my health been? Terrible. Mostly severe depression, type 2 diabetes,

high cholesterol...etc...

> My memory is poor.

>

Guest guest

Need more details on your story to be able to help. Assume u are on no BP MEDS now?May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jun 8, 2012, at 0:43, lyndyst63 <christinejantzen@...> wrote:

I have had hyperaldosteronism. I had surgery to remove my left adrenal gland a few years ago. My BP is well controlled now as well as my potassium. Do I need to have regular checks for adolsterum (spelling?) or anything else?

How has my health been? Terrible. Mostly severe depression, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol...etc...

My memory is poor.

Guest guest

Bes test is normal BP and need no BP meds and no Sx of low K. Depression can be one of the Sx. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jun 8, 2012, at 0:43, lyndyst63 <christinejantzen@...> wrote:

I have had hyperaldosteronism. I had surgery to remove my left adrenal gland a few years ago. My BP is well controlled now as well as my potassium. Do I need to have regular checks for adolsterum (spelling?) or anything else?

How has my health been? Terrible. Mostly severe depression, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol...etc...

My memory is poor.

Guest guest

No bp meds right now. Is depression a side effect of having the surgery? I wish

I could find a doctor to do a partial adrenalectomy, but can't find one. I'm in

the Chicagoland area.

>

> > I have had hyperaldosteronism. I had surgery to remove my left adrenal gland

a few years ago. My BP is well controlled now as well as my potassium. Do I need

to have regular checks for adolsterum (spelling?) or anything else?

> > How has my health been? Terrible. Mostly severe depression, type 2 diabetes,

> > My memory is poor.

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

yes I had AVS done before surgery.

> >

> > I have had hyperaldosteronism. I had surgery to remove my left adrenal

gland a few years ago. My BP is well controlled now as well as my potassium.

Do I need to have regular checks for adolsterum (spelling?) or anything else?

> > How has my health been? Terrible. Mostly severe depression, type 2

diabetes, high cholesterol...etc...

> > My memory is poor.

> >

>

Guest guest

My BP is normal. I'm on one BP med still but don't feel I need to be. No Sx of

low K.

>

> > I have had hyperaldosteronism. I had surgery to remove my left adrenal gland

a few years ago. My BP is well controlled now as well as my potassium. Do I need

to have regular checks for adolsterum (spelling?) or anything else?

> > How has my health been? Terrible. Mostly severe depression, type 2 diabetes,

> > My memory is poor.

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

What is the BP med? Some of them are known to cause depression, especially beta

blockers.

> >

> > > I have had hyperaldosteronism. I had surgery to remove my left adrenal

gland a few years ago. My BP is well controlled now as well as my potassium. Do

I need to have regular checks for adolsterum (spelling?) or anything else?

> > > How has my health been? Terrible. Mostly severe depression, type 2

diabetes, high cholesterol...etc...

> > > My memory is poor.

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Why did I purposely OD? It's not easily explained. There wasn't a good reason

for it. I think I was feeling overwhelmed and depressed and wanted to numb out

more than anything. I will talk to my doctor to help me get off some of my

meds.

>

> Why did you purposely OD? If you go off any meds, work with someone to do

> it correctly. Some meds must be tapered.

>

>

>

> Val

>

>

>

> From: hyperaldosteronism

> [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of lyndyst63

>

>

> Recently I overdosed on my meds on purpose. They took me off all meds for

> over a day. Seems to me my body handled that okay. It's just ironic to me

> that my normal dosages are just like overdosing. I was in the hospital for

> about 4 days. I'm doing ok now.

>

>

>

> Reply to

> <mailto:christinejantzen@...?subject=Re%3A%20it%27s%20been%20awhile>

> sender | Reply to

> <mailto:hyperaldosteronism ?subject=Re%3A%20it%27s%20been%20a

> while> group | Reply

> <hyperaldosteronism/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxYW45OTg0

> BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcyOTkzMDMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTMyNzYzBG1zZ0lkAzQzOTgx

> BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTMzOTI5MTA3OA--?act=reply & messageNum=43981>

> via web post |

> <hyperaldosteronism/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbWo0aXR0

> BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcyOTkzMDMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTMyNzYzBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xr

> A250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMzOTI5MTA3OA--> Start a New Topic

>

> Messages in this topic

> <hyperaldosteronism/message/43903;_ylc=X3oDMTM

> 2ZGpkNGJ2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcyOTkzMDMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTMyNzYzBG1zZ0l

> kAzQzOTgxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMzOTI5MTA3OAR0cGNJZAM0MzkwMw-->

> (34)

>

> Recent Activity:

>

> .

> <hyperaldosteronism/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdW5yd

> XQwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcyOTkzMDMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTMyNzYzBHNlYwN2dGwEc

> 2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEzMzkyOTEwNzg-?o=6> New Members 3

>

> .

> <hyperaldosteronism/links;_ylc=X3oDMTJndGZjcmR

> kBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcyOTkzMDMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTMyNzYzBHNlYwN2dGwEc2x

> rA3ZsaW5rcwRzdGltZQMxMzM5MjkxMDc4> New Links 1

>

>

> <hyperaldosteronism;_ylc=X3oDMTJlM3N2cXJuBF9TA

> zk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcyOTkzMDMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTMyNzYzBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3Zna

> HAEc3RpbWUDMTMzOTI5MTA3OA--> Visit Your Group

>

>

> <;_ylc=X3oDMTJkaXQ2MmVxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcyO

> TkzMDMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTMyNzYzBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzM5MjkxMDc4>

>

>

> Switch to:

> <mailto:hyperaldosteronism-traditional ?subject=Change%20Deli

> very%20Format:%20Traditional> Text-Only,

> <mailto:hyperaldosteronism-digest ?subject=Email%20Delivery:%

> 20Digest> Daily Digest .

> <mailto:hyperaldosteronism-unsubscribe ?subject=Unsubscribe>

> Unsubscribe . <> Terms of Use

>

> .

>

>

> <http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/msgId

> =43981/stime=1339291078/nc1=5191950/nc2=5191951/nc3=3848640>

>

Guest guest

You bet your Life!May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jun 10, 2012, at 17:53, lyndyst63 <christinejantzen@...> wrote:

Why did I purposely OD? It's not easily explained. There wasn't a good reason for it. I think I was feeling overwhelmed and depressed and wanted to numb out more than anything. I will talk to my doctor to help me get off some of my meds.

>

> Why did you purposely OD? If you go off any meds, work with someone to do

> it correctly. Some meds must be tapered.

>

>

>

> Val

>

>

>

> From: hyperaldosteronism

> [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of lyndyst63

>

>

> Recently I overdosed on my meds on purpose. They took me off all meds for

> over a day. Seems to me my body handled that okay. It's just ironic to me

> that my normal dosages are just like overdosing. I was in the hospital for

> about 4 days. I'm doing ok now.

>

>

>

> Reply to

> <mailto:christinejantzen@...?subject=Re%3A%20it%27s%20been%20awhile>

> sender | Reply to

> <mailto:hyperaldosteronism ?subject=Re%3A%20it%27s%20been%20a

> while> group | Reply

> <hyperaldosteronism/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxYW45OTg0

> BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcyOTkzMDMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTMyNzYzBG1zZ0lkAzQzOTgx

> BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTMzOTI5MTA3OA--?act=reply & messageNum=43981>

> via web post |

> <hyperaldosteronism/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbWo0aXR0

> BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcyOTkzMDMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTMyNzYzBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xr

> A250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMzOTI5MTA3OA--> Start a New Topic

>

> Messages in this topic

> <hyperaldosteronism/message/43903;_ylc=X3oDMTM

> 2ZGpkNGJ2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcyOTkzMDMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTMyNzYzBG1zZ0l

> kAzQzOTgxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMzOTI5MTA3OAR0cGNJZAM0MzkwMw-->

> (34)

>

> Recent Activity: