RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

arachnoid granulation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Happy New Year everyone,

I went for an MRI with contrast and they had first said they found a small blood clot on the back of my brain. Then they had me do a ct with contrast and said that the clot was actually an arachnoid granulation. They also said they found two other things of unknown significance unrelated to my chronic headaches.

Here's my questions: Can arachnoid granulations have anything to do with too much or too little CSF? I believe I do not have enough fluid around my brain as my symptoms match perfectly. My pressure headache is worse upright than when I am horizontal.

I also had an elevated Homosystein test.

I'm not scheduled till Feb 1st to see this neurologist as this is non emergency issues. This neurologist is one of the best and it takes three months just to get an initial appointment. I just want to be better aquainted with the above issues before going in. They were very vague when they called as I believe it would only lead to many more questions to go into any detail of the ct findings.

So here I am wondering whether there is any hope of getting closer to a cure for my chronic pressure headaches.

thanks tami

Guest guest

Hi Tami,

Since you have elevated homocysteine, you also might want to check your

vitamin B12, B9 and B6 levels to see if there is any link. Regarding

arachnoid granulations, you may finally be on to some clue as to why you

experience recurring headaches and/or CSF problems. CSF and AGs are

definitely linked, but I looked at abstracts too fast to see if there is

something general to say about this link. Also, there are reported cases

of AGs being mistaken for thrombosis on imagery, so what happened to you

in this regard does not look uncommon.

Also see : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arachnoid_granulation

Note that CSF leaks may also happen due to botched ethmoid surgery

because the roof bone of the ethmoid is very thin, but then the CSF

leaks into the sinus and then the nose.

>

> Happy New Year everyone,

> I went for an MRI with contrast and they had first said they found a

small blood clot on the back of my brain. Then they had me do a ct with

contrast and said that the clot was actually an arachnoid granulation.

They also said they found two other things of unknown significance

unrelated to my chronic headaches.

> Here's my questions: Can arachnoid granulations have anything to do

with too much or too little CSF? I believe I do not have enough fluid

around my brain as my symptoms match perfectly. My pressure headache is

worse upright than when I am horizontal.

> I also had an elevated Homosystein test.

> I'm not scheduled till Feb 1st to see this neurologist as this is non

emergency issues. This neurologist is one of the best and it takes

three months just to get an initial appointment. I just want to be

better aquainted with the above issues before going in. They were very

vague when they called as I believe it would only lead to many more

questions to go into any detail of the ct findings.

> So here I am wondering whether there is any hope of getting closer to

a cure for my chronic pressure headaches.

> thanks tami

>

Guest guest

Thank you for replying. My B12 is low. That we found on an earlier test in November. I think I'll be on something longterm for that.

They did say it is not Thrombosis.

I've had at least 8-9 sinus surgeries in the last 15 or so years. Each a little more invasive than the last. Two surgeries ago they drilled through my brow bone to clean the frontals. Afterward I got an infection in the left brow bone. After all this time it has still not healed well. When I have very bad days, that area is very tender. It developed a ridge around the opening which I'm assuming is scar tissue. I think that may be related too.

I believe my ethmoids have been cleaned for every surgery I've had. All this time I wouldn't listen to my family who insisted there was more going on than just the sinuses. Whoever posted for the first time about IH on this forum is going to get a huge thank you from me because at least it made sense with my symptoms. I'm glad I'm going farther and I believe the best advice I could ever give anyone is don't wait 13 years to check outside the samters box.

As far as the CSF leaking into the nose...I have had high pressure times that clear ammonia smelling liquid came out of my nose.

Sorry I haven't posted much but I have a Winter Wonderland of Lights going on at my home and it has kept me very busy.

Tami

Re: arachnoid granulation

Hi Tami,Since you have elevated homocysteine, you also might want to check yourvitamin B12, B9 and B6 levels to see if there is any link. Regardingarachnoid granulations, you may finally be on to some clue as to why youexperience recurring headaches and/or CSF problems. CSF and AGs aredefinitely linked, but I looked at abstracts too fast to see if there issomething general to say about this link. Also, there are reported casesof AGs being mistaken for thrombosis on imagery, so what happened to youin this regard does not look uncommon.Also see : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arachnoid_granulationNote that CSF leaks may also happen due to botched ethmoid surgerybecause the roof bone of the ethmoid is very thin, but then the CSFleaks into the sinus and then the nose.>> Happy New Year everyone,> I went for an MRI with contrast and they had first said they found asmall blood clot on the back of my brain. Then they had me do a ct withcontrast and said that the clot was actually an arachnoid granulation. They also said they found two other things of unknown significanceunrelated to my chronic headaches.> Here's my questions: Can arachnoid granulations have anything to dowith too much or too little CSF? I believe I do not have enough fluidaround my brain as my symptoms match perfectly. My pressure headache isworse upright than when I am horizontal.> I also had an elevated Homosystein test.> I'm not scheduled till Feb 1st to see this neurologist as this is nonemergency issues. This neurologist is one of the best and it takesthree months just to get an initial appointment. I just want to bebetter aquainted with the above issues before going in. They were veryvague when they called as I believe it would only lead to many morequestions to go into any detail of the ct findings.> So here I am wondering whether there is any hope of getting closer toa cure for my chronic pressure headaches.> thanks tami>