RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: parkinson

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Google Parkinson's and lyme and you will find reason to believe that it is a

co-infection of lyme. Yes, iodine is critical to healing.

Joan

>

> Hi there,

> I read on several web sites including cure zone that iodine deficiency may

participate in causes of Parkinson. I friend of mine has been recently diagnosed

with parkinsons and has a conventional treatment ( imao and l-dopa). Is it

recommandable for a parkinson patient to use lugol's and is it compatible with

conventional medecine ?

> Thanks for advising.

> Sylviane

>

Guest guest

There are a LOT of notions about Parkinson's ( & I know, because my grandfather died of it, & I pay attention.)Dr. Boyd Haley (a chemist) claims that families that are subject to Parkinson's are also more vulnerable to Alzheimer's & autism ( & many authorities are describing autism as juvenile onset Alzheimer's), & he links them all to mercury toxicity. Iodine seems to help detox mercury, so to that extent, yes, Iodine might be a way to address Parkinson's. (And this is a reason I read up on all 3 conditions -- & other related conditions. Sometimes our focus of study gets too narrow.)The thing is that we are all so toxic, with so many things, that a broader detox is probably called for. Mercury doesn't seem to be the only factor in autism, so I would be surprised if it were the only factor in Parkinson's. People who are susceptible to these conditions are probably less able to detox in general than people not affected. A broad detox would probably be helpful.Then again, there is a certain amount of luck. Mercury is a heavy metal, that would tend to sink to the bottom of a bottle. Nurses are supposed to shake the vial completely before they withdraw vaccine to inject, but if the nurse in a particular office forgets or neglects to do it, the last shot in the vial is a lot more toxic than the first one... A big exposure can overcome genetic strengths.Another factor in many neurological conditions is low grade, chronic infections (like Lyme -- but not necessarily only Lyme.) So anything that fights infection is a plus.Another factor is that people's guts stop functioning properly, so they become malnourished. They need extra nutrients while the gut is being healed...Iodine might be a good step -- except that somebody under a doctor's constant care is going to get flak from the doc! -- but won't do the job alone, I don't think.AnneOn Oct 2, 2010, at 1:14 PM, sylviane wrote: Hi there, I read on several web sites including cure zone that iodine deficiency may participate in causes of Parkinson. I friend of mine has been recently diagnosed with parkinsons and has a conventional treatment ( imao and l-dopa). Is it recommandable for a parkinson patient to use lugol's and is it compatible with conventional medecine ? Thanks for advising. Sylviane

Guest guest

This is interesting.

An elderly friend of mine has late stage Parkinsons.

She has had health isues all her life and never had children after a stillbirth

due to eclampsia when she almost died.

She has been on thyroxine for years but I've thought for a long time she is

iodine defcient. She was a very keen gardener and Parkinsons is also linked to

pesticides.

Adrienne.

>

> Hi there,

> I read on several web sites including cure zone that iodine deficiency may

participate in causes of Parkinson. I friend of mine has been recently diagnosed

with parkinsons and has a conventional treatment ( imao and l-dopa). Is it

recommandable for a parkinson patient to use lugol's and is it compatible with

conventional medecine ?

> Thanks for advising.

> Sylviane

>

Guest guest

how would all this pertain to a person who developed parkinsons as after effect from auto accident.......woman is about 65, car accident about 10 yrs. ago.....pretty bad parkinsons as a direct result of accident.....she recently had deep brain stimulation (operation), and to be honest, I see very little improvement, and she's having trouble with implant.......does iodine help in cases like this......?

Blessings, Margaret

Guest guest

Thank you PeteI appreciate your help.NuritOn Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 1:49 PM, pvdtlc <pvdtlc@...> wrote:

Parkinsons is a degenerative process, and you really can't stop the dopamine producing neurons from dying.  I've had some very good responses in terms of minimizing and even turning back symptoms and slowing down the rate of decline (according to the client's physician).  It is something that requires regular training--and daily is best if possible.  I generally got people to set up their own systems so they could train at home.

I've had good luck training along the frontal midline, reducing all frequencies (there may be fast activity, but there is nearly always lots of slow) and uptraining SMR.  FCz/A1-A2 or Fz/A1/g/Cz/A2 (L) would work.

Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlc@...http://www.brain-trainer.com

USA 678 224 5895BR 47 3346 6235The Learning Curve, Inc.

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 6:45 AM, nurit haran <harannurit@...> wrote:

Hello allHas any one treated Parkinson's disease with NF?Or, can you refer me to literature on NF for this disease.Thank you

Nurit

Guest guest

Nurit,I had a 73 year old MD come to me with Parkinson's. He was physically quite incapacitated and his mental function declining (memory, self-evaluation, word finding, ability to follow conversations).

For the mobility, I used ILF training at T4-P4 twice weekly (we trained for 3 months) with quite successful results. His mobility increased substantially.His mental function, however, was declining even as his physical function improved. When I asked him about his medications, he confessed that he was self-medicating. We had many discussions about him seeking proper medical care to adjust his medications to proper levels. When I went away for a month, he took himself off his medications entirely, which created a crisis, and now he IS properly managed medically.

This is to say that I wish I could have trained with him when he was also being supported by medications.One more very important issue: As many people have said, there was enormous early trauma with this man. It was revealed during the training. It's pretty important to have counselling support available.

JillOn Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 2:45 AM, nurit haran <harannurit@...> wrote:

Hello allHas any one treated Parkinson's disease with NF?Or, can you refer me to literature on NF for this disease.Thank you

Nurit

Guest guest

I (a massage therapist) have worked with several people with Parkinson's using the protocols from the Parkinson's Recovery Project http://www.pdrecovery.org/ before Janice came to the conclusion L-Dopa and other Parkinson's drugs tardive effects would eventually cause the destruction of the substantia nigra. I saw this happen with 1 of my patrons, she made great leaps forward and got off of all medications for a period of time then rappidly crashed. She never lost her cognitive functions, when she finally got to the place where she could no longer eat solid food or go to the bathroom without help, she chose to stop eating and drinking. It took 14 days to die.Personally, I will never choose to work with anyone with this disease if the have taken Parkinson's medications. To watch the decline is to heartbreaking.I look forward to what NF has done for people with Parkinson's. From: jillswartz@...Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 09:43:18 -0700Subject: Re: parkinson

Nurit,I had a 73 year old MD come to me with Parkinson's. He was physically quite incapacitated and his mental function declining (memory, self-evaluation, word finding, ability to follow conversations).

For the mobility, I used ILF training at T4-P4 twice weekly (we trained for 3 months) with quite successful results. His mobility increased substantially.His mental function, however, was declining even as his physical function improved. When I asked him about his medications, he confessed that he was self-medicating. We had many discussions about him seeking proper medical care to adjust his medications to proper levels. When I went away for a month, he took himself off his medications entirely, which created a crisis, and now he IS properly managed medically.

This is to say that I wish I could have trained with him when he was also being supported by medications.One more very important issue: As many people have said, there was enormous early trauma with this man. It was revealed during the training. It's pretty important to have counselling support available.

Hello allHas any one treated Parkinson's disease with NF?Or, can you refer me to literature on NF for this disease.Thank you

Nurit

Guest guest

Hi ,I am both an acupuncturist and a neurofeedback practitioner. About eight years ago, pre-Neurofeedback, I was working with a woman with Parkinson's, and we worked according to Janice Walton-Hadlock's Parkinson's Recovery Project  http://www.pdrecovery.org/ acupuncture protocols at that time. The patient stayed active and did other therapies at the same time. We worked together for @ 2 years before she moved away. She had great success and her Parkinson's progressed at a snail's pace.

I wish I knew whether the Parkinson's drugs helped or hindered. Eventually, this patient did start using the drugs and they have made her life more bearable, she writes me.If I recall correctly, one of Walton-Hadlock's premises was that these conditions - broadly referred to as " Parkinson's " - were precipitated by an early injury of the foot that caused the Stomach meridian to " back up " and have an impact on the Gall bladder meridian. Gall bladder meridian imbalance causes " wind " or tremours. Am not sure if she still adheres to this explanation, but we worked with it at the time and it proved effective.

Of course, others believe Parkinson's is a result of early trauma.It is very difficult to watch a person decline. Especially when you care, as you so obviously did.Sincerely,Jill

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Buckland <d_r_ea_m@...> wrote:

I (a massage therapist) have worked with several people with Parkinson's using the protocols from the Parkinson's Recovery Project  http://www.pdrecovery.org/  before Janice came to the conclusion L-Dopa and other Parkinson's drugs tardive effects would eventually cause the destruction of the substantia nigra. I saw this happen with 1 of my patrons, she made great leaps forward and got off of all medications for a period of time then rappidly crashed. She never lost her cognitive functions, when she finally got to the place where she could no longer eat solid food or go to the bathroom without help, she chose to stop eating and drinking. It took 14 days to die.

Personally, I will never choose to work with anyone with this disease if the have taken Parkinson's medications. To watch the decline is to heartbreaking.I look forward to what NF has done for people with Parkinson's.

Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 09:43:18 -0700Subject: Re: parkinson

Nurit