Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

I've been on 50mg Iodoral/2 ATP Cofactors, etc for about 2.5 years. The last

time I did the iodine test I was very close to saturation but my bromide was

still high and my thyroid (free T3 and free T4) was still low within range so I

remained on 50mg of Iodoral. I just got my thyroid tests back and my TSH is

still higher than it was before I began Iodoral, and this test it is at the

highest yet at 9.2. Also my free T3 is the same and free T4 a tad lower. If they

were improving or if symptoms were improving I would be encouraged but they're

not! know that it is common for TSH to become elevated after beginning Iodoral

but how long should it stay high? I thought it was only for a few months and

mine has been elevated now for over 2 years since beginning Iodoral. What does

this mean, I wonder? Should I reduce my Iodoral dosage?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

Marlena

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

I'm bringing this one back up, as I'm experiencing the same problem. I've been

on high dose Iodoral (150mg) for 9 months now, and my TSH is staying high (5.2,

while it was never over 1.5 before supplementing iodine). What does it mean if

TSH remains high? My free T3 is still very low, as it was prior to iodine

supplementation.

Thanks!

>

> Hi everyone,

> I've been on 50mg Iodoral/2 ATP Cofactors, etc for about 2.5 years. The last

time I did the iodine test I was very close to saturation but my bromide was

still high and my thyroid (free T3 and free T4) was still low within range so I

remained on 50mg of Iodoral. I just got my thyroid tests back and my TSH is

still higher than it was before I began Iodoral, and this test it is at the

highest yet at 9.2. Also my free T3 is the same and free T4 a tad lower. If they

were improving or if symptoms were improving I would be encouraged but they're

not! know that it is common for TSH to become elevated after beginning Iodoral

but how long should it stay high? I thought it was only for a few months and

mine has been elevated now for over 2 years since beginning Iodoral. What does

this mean, I wonder? Should I reduce my Iodoral dosage?

>

> Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

> Marlena

>

Guest guest

You might want to check your binding globulins. Also do you have antibodies? Are you taking Vit C? You may have a symporter Defect.

www.naturalthyroidchoices.com has a thyroid supporting nutrients listed. Maybe one of the nutrients would help too.

Buist, ND HC

Re: elevated TSH

I'm bringing this one back up, as I'm experiencing the same problem. I've been on high dose Iodoral (150mg) for 9 months now, and my TSH is staying high (5.2, while it was never over 1.5 before supplementing iodine). What does it mean if TSH remains high? My free T3 is still very low, as it was prior to iodine supplementation.Thanks!>> Hi everyone,> I've been on 50mg Iodoral/2 ATP Cofactors, etc for about 2.5 years. The last time I did the iodine test I was very close to saturation but my bromide was still high and my thyroid (free T3 and free T4) was still low within range so I remained on 50mg of Iodoral. I just got my thyroid tests back and my TSH is still higher than it was before I began Iodoral, and this test it is at the highest yet at 9.2. Also my free T3 is the same and free T4 a tad lower. If they were improving or if symptoms were improving I would be encouraged but they're not! know that it is common for TSH to become elevated after beginning Iodoral but how long should it stay high? I thought it was only for a few months and mine has been elevated now for over 2 years since beginning Iodoral. What does this mean, I wonder? Should I reduce my Iodoral dosage? > > Thanks in advance for your thoughts,> Marlena>

Guest guest

Hi,What is your Free T4 like? Are you having a T4 to T3 conversion issue? in AlaskaOn Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 4:47 PM, leftprof <LAnderss@...> wrote:

I'm bringing this one back up, as I'm experiencing the same problem. I've been on high dose Iodoral (150mg) for 9 months now, and my TSH is staying high (5.2, while it was never over 1.5 before supplementing iodine). What does it mean if TSH remains high? My free T3 is still very low, as it was prior to iodine supplementation.

Thanks!

>

> Hi everyone,

> I've been on 50mg Iodoral/2 ATP Cofactors, etc for about 2.5 years. The last time I did the iodine test I was very close to saturation but my bromide was still high and my thyroid (free T3 and free T4) was still low within range so I remained on 50mg of Iodoral. I just got my thyroid tests back and my TSH is still higher than it was before I began Iodoral, and this test it is at the highest yet at 9.2. Also my free T3 is the same and free T4 a tad lower. If they were improving or if symptoms were improving I would be encouraged but they're not! know that it is common for TSH to become elevated after beginning Iodoral but how long should it stay high? I thought it was only for a few months and mine has been elevated now for over 2 years since beginning Iodoral. What does this mean, I wonder? Should I reduce my Iodoral dosage?

>

> Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

> Marlena

>