RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: Skin Tags, Age Spots, Iodine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I put iodine on my left hand's age spots aka brown spots or aka liver spots every day for a week before something interrupted my practice and all (13) the spots got as thin as skin while the right hand spots remained thick and this is still the case 7-8 months later. I will resume and report on what happens.Sam GarzaFrom: Yochanan <yburkett@...>iodine Sent: Sun, November 15, 2009 7:02:37 AMSubject: Re: Skin Tags, Age Spots, Iodine

Some have successfully used iodine topically for this purpose. More effective are the escharotics, however. You can read about them on sites like www.altcancer. com. They usually contain zinc chloride and/or bloodroot; they sometimes contain iodine.

from Israel

>

>

> From: victoriahjones <victoriahjones@ ...>

> Subject: Skin Tags, Age Spots, Iodine

> iodinegroups (DOT) com

> Date: Sunday, 15 November, 2009, 2:41

>

>

> Â

>

>

>

> Hi group,

>

> Awhile back, several of us talked about trying topical Iodine on "age spots." (aka sun spots). I'm wondering if anyone was faithful to the daily/nightly application and what the results were.

>

> As for me, I've only recently started applying the topical Iodine on hands and forearms again---did it awhile and slacked off. However, I did totally dry up what must have been a skin tag, a raised discolored dry patch where my bra rubs--only a few weeks of consistent nightly applications and it dried up and flaked off.

>

> Wanted to check in and inquire if anyone had any reportable results with using the Iodine on age spots/sun spots?

>

> Thanks,

> Vj

>

Guest guest

What would be a good topical iodine to use ThanksFrom: cheryl_b_1 <mossyforrest@...>iodine Sent: Mon, November 16, 2009 12:05:03 AMSubject: Re: Skin Tags, Age Spots, Iodine

I would say I am faithful in applying topical iodine. I get most of my iodine transdermally.

Age spots on my hands are gone. My arms had fairly bad freckles, various age spots. Most of the small freckles are gone. Some of the larger ones are much smaller.

I had 3 odd skin erutions at the base of my neck that are now gone. Those did the flaky thing. Kinda coming lose from the edges before falling off. I have had a few of those other places. These might be viral in nature, that is a guess, I dont know for sure and havent looked into it much yet.

Two spots on legs that are very slow in healing, but different than when I first started. Most spots on legs gone or fading. Big improvement in varicous veins.

I also dot it on the red bromide eruptions, at least I think that is what they are. I havent had very many of those, had only 1 prior to iodine.They do fade then go away. Slowly.

The iodine also seems to help scars.

I have had a few fairly weird eruptions since starting iodine. Small, similiar to a pox. Put iodine on them many times daily and they go away.

I would reccommend putting iodine on every bump or freckle or age spot or growth, basically anything that isnt skin or you can put it all over the skin.

Cheryl

>

> Hi group,

>

> Awhile back, several of us talked about trying topical Iodine on "age spots." (aka sun spots). I'm wondering if anyone was faithful to the daily/nightly application and what the results were.

>

> As for me, I've only recently started applying the topical Iodine on hands and forearms again---did it awhile and slacked off. However, I did totally dry up what must have been a skin tag, a raised discolored dry patch where my bra rubs--only a few weeks of consistent nightly applications and it dried up and flaked off.

>

> Wanted to check in and inquire if anyone had any reportable results with using the Iodine on age spots/sun spots?

>

> Thanks,

> Vj

>

Guest guest

Do you recommend the SSKI or Lugol's iodine? Does anyone use SSKI rather than Lugol's for their iodine needs? I was reading how a couple drops of SSKIcan be great for skin eruptions. (I personally have success with manuka oil for any andall skin issues.) But I like the idea of using iodine, cuz it seems then you're not justcovering up the issue (ie using chemical creams or surgery to remove, which takes careof the spot but not the underlying issue) but probably actually helping with a liver detox/purge.I'm very appreciative of this group's knowledge! Thanks very much.

I would say I am faithful in applying topical iodine. I get most of my iodine transdermally.

Age spots on my hands are gone.

Guest guest

Is topical iodine lugols? Or is there some other kind that you use? AmyFrom: cheryl_b_1 <mossyforrest@...>iodine Sent: Sun, November 15, 2009 10:05:03 AMSubject: Re: Skin Tags, Age Spots, Iodine

Guest guest

How are applying the iodine? Do you use

something like a q-tip (I'd think you'd waste a lot that way though).

Shelli

cheryl_b_1 wrote:

I would say I am faithful in applying topical iodine. I get most

of my iodine transdermally.

Age spots on my hands are gone. My arms had fairly bad freckles,

various age spots. Most of the small freckles are gone. Some of the

larger ones are much smaller.

I had 3 odd skin erutions at the base of my neck that are now gone.

Those did the flaky thing. Kinda coming lose from the edges before

falling off. I have had a few of those other places. These might be

viral in nature, that is a guess, I dont know for sure and havent

looked into it much yet.

Two spots on legs that are very slow in healing, but different than

when I first started. Most spots on legs gone or fading. Big

improvement in varicous veins.

I also dot it on the red bromide eruptions, at least I think that is

what they are. I havent had very many of those, had only 1 prior to

iodine.They do fade then go away. Slowly.

The iodine also seems to help scars.

I have had a few fairly weird eruptions since starting iodine. Small,

similiar to a pox. Put iodine on them many times daily and they go away.

I would reccommend putting iodine on every bump or freckle or age spot

or growth, basically anything that isnt skin or you can put it all over

the skin.

Cheryl

Guest guest

lugols can be taken internally, or orally? diane, near philly, pa On Nov 15, 2009, at 1:00 PM, cheryl_b_1 wrote:I probably do waste alot. And you only get about 13% of the iodine absorbed, based on what i read and think i understand. And I would guess 1 drop remains in the qtip when i am done but its the least messiest way to apply. Mornings i tend to add about 6 drops to the qtip 2 times. It takes up to 35 drops or so to get 50mg if only used transdermally. I also injest about 1/3 of my 50mg a day. I use a qtip for "dotting" on specific lesions.Also for my big toe(fungus-probably gone now but i still do it just in case) I also soak a cotton pad in mag oil then add 6-10 drops in the center then rub that on my legs, arms, everywhere. In the mornings I add iodine to the pad twice (to get more iodine).If anyone knows of a better way i would love to hear it but this works for me! Cheryl>> How are applying the iodine? Do you use something like a q-tip (I'd > think you'd waste a lot that way though).> Shelli

Guest guest

Does lugols stain like the topical iodine tincture that we get from the pharmacy?

From: cheryl_b_1 <mossyforrest@...>iodine Sent: Sun, November 15, 2009 1:53:15 PMSubject: Re: Skin Tags, Age Spots, Iodine

Yes. I would dilute it with water as it can be corrosive. I have used it qtipped to the teeth and gums without problem. Tho i did swish alot of water after. I am not certain if ALL lugols is the same brand I use. It seems i have seen some called lugols that wasnt JCrowe. I would make certain of purity if another brand before injestion. Cheryl >> lugols can be taken internally, or orally?> diane, near philly, pa>

Guest guest

Joyce, I don't know the answer to that. I read in Mercola here:http://blogs.mercola.com/sites/vitalvotes/archive/2009/10/06/signs-symptoms-and-solutions-for-poor-thyroid-function.aspxthat he suggests using SSKI iodine and not Lugol's. It confused me. I knowMercola is not the definite word on iodine, but he does mention Abraham and Brownsteinand seems to have at least a cursory knowledge of bromide toxicity, etc. The actual paragraph where he mentions this is below. When people posted

asking for further explanation, he just said he knows a lady doctor (I forgot her name) who says this and he agrees. Not exactly scientific. But, even so he can fear monger a bit, I do appreciate all the topicsMercola brings up, so I was hoping for clarification bysome of the experts on this board!! Mercola quote:Some patients also report that they respond better to food-based forms of iodine -- like seaweeds -- than the supplement forms. However, if

you are going to use a supplement I would strongly advise using supersaturated iodine (SSKI) which is available as an inexpensive prescription. Typically 1-3 drops a day are all that are required.Please avoid using Lugol’s solution or iodine, as that will actually worsen your thyroid condition.

Isn't lugols and SSKI the same thing? Joyce Simmerman

Guest guest

Thanks for all the good information.

Which one did you use, I went to the website, but wasn't sure which one to purchase. There was one with Iodine, black topical salve and another so I was unsure.

Also I see they have the iodine, but in different strengths. I am all new to using iodine so I am unsure what to buy.

Also when I have had CT scans with iodine I get an allergic reaction from it, is that a different type.

I do have a couple of age spots, not a lot, but a coule of my arm and I would like to get rid of them and I also have a couple of skin tags. I had them removed once before, and the Dr. just cut them off, it did not hurt and he didn't freeze anything. Those did not grow back and that was several years ago, but now I have a couple more.

Barbara N Germany

ajd, The rusting to which you refer to is simply the accumulation of fungus. The brown spots are actually the tips of the fungus tentacles. You can't get rid of them unless you kill the fungus--a tall order. I got rid of a number of brown spots on my hands fairly easily using Cansema from www.altcancer.com. It was much moreeffective than iodine or MMS (sodium chlorite). What happens is that the Cansema (main ingredient: zinc chloride) dissolves the fungus, forming a scab. The scab falls off after about 10 days, after which a cavity remains where the fungus once resided. The cavity eventually fills up again and in 2-3 months, you never even knew a brown spot existed. from Israel>------------------------------------

Guest guest

and skin tags are what? just extra skin? are the skin tags a fungus also? diane, near philly, pa On Nov 16, 2009, at 7:51 AM, Yochanan wrote:ajd, The rusting to you refer to is simply the accumulation of fungus. The brown spots are actually the tips of the fungus tentacles. You can't get rid of them unless you kill the fungus--a tall order. I got rid of a number of brown spots on my hands fairly easily using Cansema from www.altcancer.com. It was much more effective than iodine or MMS (sodium chlorite). What happens is that the Cansema (main ingredient: zinc chloride) dissolves the fungus, forming a scab. The scab falls off after about 10 days, after which a cavity remains where the fungus once resided. The cavity eventually fills up again and in 2-3 months, you never even knew a brown spot existed. from Israel>> this has me most intrigued..age spots are extremely if not impossible to remove.. even with good nutrition..so putting iodine onto the skin has me most interested.> > Does anyone have any ideas as to why iodine would do this?> > Age spots are a sign of rusting inside the body..manifesting on the external skin..thats a layman's explanation! > > For rusting we need of course anti oxidants ..> > I would like to know about this phenomenon..I have lugols iodine..so am guessing that can be used on all age spots..crusty moles etc?> > thanks> ajd>

Guest guest

I tried using the Cansema on a mole, and nothing happened.  How many times do you re-apply?  I just did it once for 24 hours.~WOn Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Yochanan <yburkett@...> wrote:

Hello Barbara, I had good success using the standard Cansema in the 105 gram size. I got rid of all my skin problems with it.

I would recommend purchasing their 15% Lugol's solution in the 8 oz. size.

In the CT scans, they may have been using the very dangerous radioactive iodine. Allergic reactions are also possible with the non-radioactive iodine; simply reduce your dosage as necessary.

Best,

from Israel

>

>

>

>

> ajd, The rusting to which you refer to is simply the accumulation of fungus. The brown spots are actually the tips of the fungus tentacles. You can't get rid of them unless you kill the fungus--a tall order. I got rid of a number of brown spots on my hands fairly easily using Cansema from www.altcancer.com. It was much more

> effective than iodine or MMS (sodium chlorite). What happens is that the Cansema (main ingredient: zinc chloride) dissolves the fungus, forming a scab. The scab falls off after about 10 days, after which a cavity remains where the fungus once resided. The cavity eventually fills up again and in 2-3 months, you never even knew a brown spot existed.

>

> from Israel

> >

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

That's where I bought it from.  Okay, I'll try it again.~WOn Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Yochanan <yburkett@...> wrote:

If you bought bogus Cansema, it will not work. Some of the counterfeits using coal tar and onions, which do nothing. Get the original from the inventor at www.altcancer.com.

The authentic Cansema needs to be applied in a thick layer. I have seen a case where bloodroot outperformed Cansema in terms of its sensitivity to fungus, ie, the bloodroot " found " the fungus whereas the Cansema did not find it. It certainly does not hurt to reapply Cansema repeatedly. If nothing happens, then it is not fungus.

from Israel

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ajd, The rusting to which you refer to is simply the accumulation of

> > fungus. The brown spots are actually the tips of the fungus tentacles. You

> > can't get rid of them unless you kill the fungus--a tall order. I got rid of

> > a number of brown spots on my hands fairly easily using Cansema from

> > www.altcancer.com. It was much more

> > > effective than iodine or MMS (sodium chlorite). What happens is that the

> > Cansema (main ingredient: zinc chloride) dissolves the fungus, forming a

> > scab. The scab falls off after about 10 days, after which a cavity remains

> > where the fungus once resided. The cavity eventually fills up again and in

> > 2-3 months, you never even knew a brown spot existed.

> > >

> > > from Israel

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ------------------------------------

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

When you used this on the scaly skin spots, how big of a hole did it

create? I have a few "age spots" and a couple of those scaly things on

my face and hands, which I believe, in my case anyway, are called

Seborrheic Keratoses.

I used black salve to remove a large flat mole on my back, and it left

a pretty deep crater. It did fill in fairly quickly, and the scar is

fading, but I wouldn't want to do this on my face.

Shelli

GREENAMYER wrote:

There used to be a Black Salve formulation available in the US

which was supposed to be made up based on the original Cansema

formulation but it included Bloodroot and zinc chloride (along with

some other things). I have used this and it takes out almost anything I

put it on including moles, brown spots and scaly skin spots (pre-cancer).

I do not know if this Black Salve is still available in this formula

but was told that it could be obtained at Alpha Omega. I did not see

this formulation there but all I know is the stuff I got really works.

>

> If you bought bogus Cansema, it will not work. Some of the

counterfeits using coal tar and onions, which do nothing. Get the

original from the inventor at www.altcancer.com.

>

> The authentic Cansema needs to be applied in a thick layer. I have

seen a case where bloodroot outperformed Cansema in terms of its

sensitivity to fungus, ie, the bloodroot "found" the fungus whereas the

Cansema did not find it. It certainly does not hurt to reapply Cansema

repeatedly. If nothing happens, then it is not fungus.

>

> from Israel

>

Guest guest

Hello from Israel (and everyone else):

When I first posted the inquiry about "sun spots," aka age spots, liver spots, etc., I said sun spots because I noticed their appearance after using the tanning bed and after sunbathing in the pool.

Are you claiming these types of spots are from fungus?

Vj

From: Yochanan <yburkett@...>Subject: Re: Skin Tags, Age Spots, Iodineiodine Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 6:20 AM

If you bought bogus Cansema, it will not work. Some of the counterfeits using coal tar and onions, which do nothing. Get the original from the inventor at www.altcancer. com.The authentic Cansema needs to be applied in a thick layer. I have seen a case where bloodroot outperformed Cansema in terms of its sensitivity to fungus, ie, the bloodroot "found" the fungus whereas the Cansema did not find it. It certainly does not hurt to reapply Cansema repeatedly. If nothing happens, then it is not fungus. from Israel> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ajd, The rusting to which you refer to is simply the accumulation of> > fungus. The brown spots are actually the tips of the fungus tentacles. You> > can't get rid of them unless you kill the fungus--a tall order. I got rid of> > a number of brown spots on my hands fairly easily using Cansema from> > www.altcancer. com. It was much more> > > effective than iodine or MMS (sodium chlorite). What happens is that the> > Cansema (main ingredient: zinc chloride) dissolves the fungus,

forming a> > scab. The scab falls off after about 10 days, after which a cavity remains> > where the fungus once resided. The cavity eventually fills up again and in> > 2-3 months, you never even knew a brown spot existed.> > >> > > from Israel> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- --------- ------> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >

Guest guest

Sounds like it feels really good especially if you have a mate that will do it for you. from Illinois

From: Yochanan <yburkett (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Skin Tags, Age Spots, Iodineiodinegroups (DOT) comDate: Tuesday, 17 November, 2009, 18:33

Cheryl, The craters are what is left after the fungus dissolves. It is the space that was once occupied by the fungus. Your skin will fill in after a few weeks. Sometimes the scab will remain until all of the fungus is extracted, leaving smooth skin but discolored. The coloring returns after a couple of months or more. The latter case is more prevalent using the escharotic Sangre de Drago (Dragon's blood). Although Sangre de Drago is not normally used as an escharotic, I noticed that it does act as one, albeit more mild than the Cansema. There are also milder forms of Cansema containing aloe vera which act more slowly, but in doing so reduce the pain factor. from Israel>> Craters sound

scary. > > Are you sure the Casema isnt taking alot of the healthy tissue along with the fungus? Would that explain why there is a crater? > > I am not having any craters with removing the spots with iodine. Quite the opposite. Nice healthy skin where the spot(s) was. I do have scar stage but continued use of the iodine clears it fast.> > Am i just killing a tenacle and not the cause? I would think if that were the case a new spot would form close by. Tenacles branching out? I have no idea if that is true or not. > > I just know when i use the Iodine i dont have craters. > > Interesting. ..> > Cheryl>

Guest guest

When you apply it, do you put a band-aid on after or just rub it in?~WOn Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:41 AM, GREENAMYER <greenamyer@...> wrote:

On scaly skin spots, it can vary. Sometimes it is just in the surface of the skin and it is like a layer that peals off when you have sunburn. Other times it can go a little deeper which means that there was a lot more there than I thought. Many times it also can be a lot of very small pin size spots that turn white. You can get redness and some swelling but it goes away depending on how much bad area is actually under attack. It surprises me as to how much area is affected sometimes. As I said before, the black salve that I use I got from someone locally and I don't know if it is the same formula that Alpha Omega actually has now.

> >

> >

> > There used to be a Black Salve formulation available in the US which

> > was supposed to be made up based on the original Cansema formulation

> > but it included Bloodroot and zinc chloride (along with some other

> > things). I have used this and it takes out almost anything I put it on

> > including moles, brown spots and scaly skin spots (pre-cancer). I do

> > not know if this Black Salve is still available in this formula but

> > was told that it could be obtained at Alpha Omega. I did not see this

> > formulation there but all I know is the stuff I got really works.

> >

> >

> >

snip

Guest guest

I've bought bloodroot with DSMO and it has worked well for moles and skin tags.

I believe it came from a copany in Texas.

http://www.blacksalveinfo.com/

2009 walking miles

Goal 600 miles for 2009

Nov miles - 24 miles

Year - 387 miles

healthylivingwithhypothyroidism/

> From: GREENAMYER <greenamyer@...>

> Subject: Re: Skin Tags, Age Spots, Iodine

> iodine

> Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 10:26 AM

> There used to be a Black Salve

> formulation available in the US which was supposed to be

> made up based on the original Cansema formulation but it

> included Bloodroot and zinc chloride (along with some other

> things).  I have used this and it takes out almost

> anything I put it on including moles, brown spots and scaly

> skin spots (pre-cancer).  I do not know if this Black

> Salve is still available in this formula but was told that

> it could be obtained at Alpha Omega.  I did not see

> this formulation there but all I know is the stuff I got

> really works.

>

>

>

>

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > ajd, The rusting to which you refer to

> is simply the accumulation of

> > > > fungus. The brown spots are actually the

> tips of the fungus tentacles. You

> > > > can't get rid of them unless you kill the

> fungus--a tall order. I got rid of

> > > > a number of brown spots on my hands fairly

> easily using Cansema from

> > > > www.altcancer.com. It was much more

> > > > > effective than iodine or MMS (sodium

> chlorite). What happens is that the

> > > > Cansema (main ingredient: zinc chloride)

> dissolves the fungus, forming a

> > > > scab. The scab falls off after about 10

> days, after which a cavity remains

> > > > where the fungus once resided. The cavity

> eventually fills up again and in

> > > > 2-3 months, you never even knew a brown spot

> existed.

> > > > >

> > > > > from Israel

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >