RemedySpot.com

stiff legs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/23/2005 10:09:57 AM Central Daylight Time, radbower@... writes:

Is it possible that both of you just need EXERCISE for your legs? If you don't have enough strength to ride a passive exercise bike on your own, I do know of a powered leg exerciser (like the one I use myself, load http://www.therapymachine.com and it's the model on the left) that rolls legs forward and back in a bike-type motion to exercise them. I know it helps to force the blood to flow throughout my legs because they feel all tingly after I get off it. I stay in it for an hour, each morning and afternoon, and know it helps me. I paid $2400 for mine new 6 yrs ago, but I know someone (who is selling his wife's gear after she died recently) who is selling hers for $600. Email me at radbower@... if you're interested and I'll hook you up with the seller...

Rae

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rae,

It's a possibility, the stretching thing, but I'm not in a position to spend any large amount of money on equipment. The fixed income thing. I'm surely not going to buy something without trying it first. Even though the equipment turns itself, my legs are so extremely stiff that they may not allow the equipment to work. I bought a Craftmatic adjustable bed thinking this would be easier to get on and off. Wrong!!! A lot of money wasted! I know that is difficult to understand. One day my legs were sticking straight out. (I was at work.) I had to ask a friend (police officer, 270 pound man) to help bend them to a sitting position. He was so afraid he was hurting me. It wasn't easy for him to do. I know how difficult this is to wrap your brain around! I couldn't imagine until it happened to me, and I had read about the stiffness. Nothing comes close to describing it accurately.

Marcie

Guest guest

Is it possible that both of you just need EXERCISE for your legs? If you don't have enough strength to ride a passive exercise bike on your own, I do know of a powered leg exerciser (like the one I use myself, load http://www.therapymachine.com and it's the model on the left) that rolls legs forward and back in a bike-type motion to exercise them. I know it helps to force the blood to flow throughout my legs because they feel all tingly after I get off it. I stay in it for an hour, each morning and afternoon, and know it helps me. I paid $2400 for mine new 6 yrs ago, but I know someone (who is selling his wife's gear after she died recently) who is selling hers for $600. Email me at radbower@... if you're interested and I'll hook you up with the seller...

Rae

From: low dose naltrexone [mailto:low dose naltrexone ] On Behalf Of marciemjm@...Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 9:02 AMlow dose naltrexone Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] stiff legs

In a message dated 5/22/2005 10:49:30 PM Central Daylight Time, b_hammel@... writes:

Can anyone suggest something to help with stiff legs? My daughter has been on 3mg LDN for about a year now and just lately has suffered from very stiff legs - one especially doesn't want to bend at the knee even when she is sitting. This happened when she tried the 4.5mg at the beginning but hasn't since going down to 3mg. She is going to try 1.5mg for awhile but I wondered if anyone has experienced the same thing and found something to help. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I've tried everything! So far nothing seems to help me in that area. Concrete legs. Not fun. I had this symptom before starting LDN. I'm trying Milk Thistle now. Marcie

Guest guest

> Can anyone suggest something to help with stiff legs? My daughter has

> been on 3mg LDN for about a year now and just lately has suffered from

> very stiff legs - one especially doesn't want to bend at the knee even

> when she is sitting. This happened when she tried the 4.5mg at the

> beginning but hasn't since going down to 3mg. She is going to try

> 1.5mg for awhile but I wondered if anyone has experienced the same

> thing and found something to help.

============

Is your daughter getting any physical therapy and massage therapy to her legs?

If she can walk and she has access to a swimming pool, pool therapy with water

at least waist deep is very important. Walking in the water for an hour or more

at least 4 days a week is important for leg strength and loosening spastic

muscles.

Guest guest

Magnesium supplements help tremenously with stiffness. You will

know your limit of taking magnesium when your bowels become very

loose. Cut back on the daily magnesium intake at that point. Hope

this will help!

--- In low dose naltrexone , " paatti1 " <b_hammel@h...>

wrote:

> thank you all for your emails and advice. I have to tell you,