RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

bromine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

.. Apparently bromine in it's many manifestations can interfere with the development of the inner ear. This study, of course, was done w/rats....anyway, can you hear me NOW? :) GOOD!http://www.credocluster.info/docs/newsletter/credonews6.pdfDisruption of the thyroid hormone system by brominated flame retardantsFrom the studies with TBBPA and HBCD it appearedthat there were some marked effects on the thyroidhormone system.In the study with TBBPA, the biologically most relevanteffect was probably the increase in latencies ofauditory responses (tested with brainstem auditoryevoked potentials (BAEP)), in particular, in the lowerfrequency range (figure 1). This effect is, most likely,related to impairment of the development of theupper (apical) part of the cochlea, the spiral cavity of the innerear. TBBPA related changes in plasma thyroid hormone levels,including a decrease of thyroxine (TT4), and an increaseof triiodothyronin (TT3; only females), are likely behind theimpaired auditory responses, because it is known that disturbancesof thyroid hormone levels in the neonatal peiod canresult in similar effects. A tentative explanation for theseresults is that TBBPA competes with thyroid hormones onthyroid hormone plasma binding proteins (mainly TTR in therat), thus releasing these hormones for metabolism. Thisexplanation is plausible in view of data from the in vitroreporter assays, showing a very potent competition ofTBBPA with human TTR. The benchmark dose (BMD-L) atthe lower confidence level for this effect was in the range of2 to 28 mg TBBPA / kg body weight per day at specific effectlevels for each end point. The 28-day study with HBCDshowed consistent effects on the thyroid hormone axis,including decreased T4, increased pituitary and TSH in thisgland (by immunostaining), and increased thyroid weight andactivation (histopathology, figure 2) mainly in female rats.Some further effects can be understood as secondary to thedisruption of the TH axis: increased plasma cholesterol,decreased plasma glucose, and increased bone densitymeasured in collaborative action with the BONETOX project).In contrast to TBBPA, the effects with HBCD are probablyindirect, through activation of metabolising enzymes in theliver (e.g. T4 glucuronyl transferase), also indicated by theincreased liver weight in females. Benchmark doses at thelower confidence level for these effects were in the range of20 to 90 mg HBCD /kg bw, for each endpoint at a specificeffect level (range 5 to 20%).It is thus evident that brominated flame retardants can disruptthe thyroid hormone system in a whole organism. Theseand other results from these studies will now be entered inthe theme “integrated risk assessment” of the project,where they will be compared with exposure levels of thesecompounds, which were measured in humans (plasma andmilk), human food, and wildlife. In this way, it should bepossible to determine the relevance of the findings in the toxicitystudies for health of humans and other mammals.

Guest guest

Thanks for all of your answers. I knew it sounded dumb, but that is the only way you learn.

Yes, this is all new to me, but I have had cancer and decided to learn all I can about lots of things. I never heard of ingesting Iodine before. It is a good thing to learn something new everyday.

Thanks to all.

Barbara N. Germany

From: Gaele Maat <gaelemaat@...>Subject: Re: Re: Blood Pressureiodine Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 11:23 AM

It certainly helped me. And I didn't even have enough sense to ask the question...

Thanks, Jim!

Re: Blood Pressure> > > Hi Cyn,> > salt loading basically is mixing 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of preferably celtic sea salt into 1/2 glass of water, drinking it and drinking 2 glasses of pure water right after that. It will load your body with sodiumchloride which helps the body to get rid of bromide much faster then anything else, while the water is necessary to help the body to handle the high salt dosage and to get the kidneys going.> see http://www.naturalt hyroidchoices. com/SaltAdrenal. html> > >

Guest guest

It is too small an amount to worry about. The other nutrients out weigh this.

Buist, ND HC

Bromine

I have a question -- I have been using Dead Sea Salts for bathing, and I notice that it has Bromine in its analysis. Is it the same as bromide and does it compete with iodine?