RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hashi's question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Please excuse my ignorance but I need to know.....

What is Hashi's? What are its symptoms? How does one get it? What test determines if one has it or not? How serious is it? Does it require surgery? Any other related questions I failed to ask?

Please enlighten me. Thanks.

MahiinGet a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

Guest guest

Just a gentle bump to see if anyone has any guidance for me. Thanks,

Kristi Tickety BuTicketyBu.com

Begin forwarded message:From: Kristi <kristiashley@...>Date: January 19, 2012 8:46:45 AM ESTiodine Subject: Hashi's QuestionReply-iodine

I was recently diagnosed with Hashi's and am confident I'm iodine deficient (have been paleo and unprocessed diet for 2 years with little to no salt/iodine in diet). I have long been taking the support nutrients so once I was diagnosed, I increased my doses of those to support levels and a week later started the Iodoral. I've been increasing my dose every 4 days starting at 12.5, 25, 37.5 and then up to 50. I'm on day 2 of 37.5. What I have noticed is that the first day I increase my dose I'm exhausted and at the end of the day a bit itchy all over. The next day, the itchies are gone and the fatigue is as well. I've worked hard the last year on my liver health and my gut health, so I'm assuming that has worked in my favor with the protocol. My question is this, should I just stay at 50mg, or should I up the dose until I notice more detox symptoms and back off a bit there? I know at 50mg it will take me awhile to get to saturation levels, but everything I've read about

Hashi's refers to a 50mg dose. Are there any guidelines that I've missed?

Thanks for the guidance, this is an amazing group.

Kristi

Tickety Bu

TicketyBu.com