RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re:Iodine on Gums & Teeth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been using Iodoral now for 4 months with great results. I have such a sense of well being and finally I see great results with my hair and nails. No more tender breasts.

I have loved this group, learning about the benefits of magnesium oil because of it. Which has helped with iodine absorption.

My main contribution today is to reply to the posts about stained teeth ( which I thought might be iodine related, but not sure since I am a tea and coffee drinker) and bleeding gums.

Stained teeth: I have used a bleaching tray in the past and and needed to get more bleaching solution. In my search for the best price I came across a post with a tip for a cheap whitening solution using a baking soda paste made with water, baking soda and some mouthwash (for taste- as the baking soda can taste nasty) I made the paste and GENTLY brushed it on my teeth and let it set for 5-10 minutes. Of course I got over enthusiastic and irritated my gums....but ALL, yes ALL the stains disappeared.

Bleeding gums: I had bleeding and receding gum problems to the extent that if it didn't improve surgery would become my option. I followed my dentists recommendations and had the deep cleaning, flossed daily and no improvement. I use a sugar subsitute xylitol and in my search on vrp.com there are some dr Q & A's( as well as some wonderful articles regarding xylitol and it's uses) and brushing your teeth with the crystals was suggested as xylitol helps with dental caries. After a few weeks of using xylitol cystals exclusively as my toothpaste my gums not only stopped bleeding but they have improved to normal. YES normal. After two years this is what I use. Xylitol also comes in gum and mints. (I don't use either- just my choice) I have used the magnesium oil on my gums, but for me this gave me the best results.

Audrey

Guest Guest

Audrey, please use extreme caution with Xylitol around any pets you may have. It is highly toxic to dogs and maybe cats. :)