RemedySpot.com

Re: research & EtG....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i am in gregskipper's php and agree with you,lorie he is honestly trying to get the word out as well as he can in a very dishonest monetary situation as far as the labs are concerned...i think the secrecy of the labs and the professional boards precludes open peer reviewed research which would be the solution... i find it amazing that in europe where it came from EtG is but one of many etoh biomarkers of little clinical interest...in the us however it is a multi-billion dollar industry...regards,r Lorie Garlick <lorieg@...> wrote: I don't think Skipper has ever presented his data as scientific. I believe he gathers the information from anecdotal evidence. He is simply trying to help guide people with the information he provides--esp. since the labs won't provide ANY information about their beloved test. He uses the test in his own state PHP. He does research on the efficacy of PHPs and therefore is in contact with the other state programs. He speaks with state licensing boards and criminal justice programs about their experiences with the test. He speaks with 10-15 different people about their personal experience every day. In light of the fact that the scientific research is so shoddy and the fact that the labs will provide no new information and there is really a public outcry for such, I cannot fault Dr. Skipper. He is disseminating the

information he has, which is more than anybody else in this travesty. RE: research,wikipedia,wsj & EtG.... If, as you say, there is nothing about levels in scientific journals. How can Skipper post anything scientific about levels? Would his numbers be nothing more than a guess? Is that not part of the argument people on this site have been making (labs have only been guessing about what levels to use)? So people turn to the web and look a Wikipedia (even if only to get “up to speed” about the subject) and they read his words about EtG that are unfounded or at least undoccumented or referenced in scientific journals. And I think you are wrong. People (unfortunately) do take the information on the site as being scientific and “proof.” When people, who know the name Skipper read something by him, they assume (rightly or wrongly) that

his information is backed by research. If his levels are backed by research, lets see it. Show me where it is posted and then I will say OK to those Wikipedia-reported levels or what he writes in letters or puts up on his webpage. I certainly hope he does have the research, but has perhaps not published it yet (or it is in press or preparation) as that would help with the arguments presented by both sides of the coin. From: Ethylglucuronide [mailto:Ethylglucuronide ] On Behalf Of robin murraySent: Saturday, October 07, 2006 6:32 AMEthylglucuronide Subject: RE: research,wikipedia,wsj & EtG.... ok robert moering i will match you research post for post on this site...you go first... i challenge you to post one study of any kind to show the scientific basis of any EtG so called "cut off" for consumption of etoh...we will look forward to your early deed to match your words below... wikipedia is

like a lot of things on the net including this site...a hodge podge of info on a subject...no one ever pretends iit is research data..it is a good site for the latest info and as you said many scientists post and revise there...it is like a dictionary to bring people up to speed on a subject...on the EtG information there the most frequent poster updating revisions is gregskipper who upgraded in late september the "cutoffs" to 1000ng/ml...he is the most frequent upgrader on the site if you will look at the data...are you saying the poster gregskipper would be unscientific? from your posting it seems you are an expert in contempt prior to investigation...turn your negativity into positivity and post up something scientific and useful to support any positive point you would like to make on this site..regards,r "Moering, " <rmoeringhealth (DOT) usf.edu> wrote: I find it interesting that so many on this site continue to suggest and support the idea of “scientific research” and yet

so many continue to quote and provide links to Wikipedia. This is the most unscientific “encyclopedia” (if you can even come close to calling it that) ever written by mankind given the notion that anyone can change any article at any time. In fact, I have even gone onto the Wikipedia pages and changed erroneous information posted there. Some of you continue to quote the WSJ as “proof” (my words) that everything known about EtG is false or “bad.” In case you have forgotten or did not know, the WSJ is NOT a scientific journal and holds about as much weight as Wikipedia. If you are going to quote research, quote correctly, and quote from real scientific journals. Just trying to keep you focused on looking at real research not pseudo junk and worthless

words. From: Ethylglucuronide [mailto:Ethylglucuronide ] On Behalf Of robin murraySent: Friday, October 06, 2006 11:36 AMEthylglucuronide Subject: Re: drugs with short half lives & EtG.... hi,007,it is very difficult to do precisely and to understand...wikipedia has some stuff that is difficult to figure out but the basic idea is if the half life of a drug like seroquel is 7 hours 1/2 of the drug will be gone from the system within 7 and the rest goes away gradually with time...my positives were on ssris within the half life of the drug...then i tested 24h out from the half life point no further positives. might be a small point but might help someone..regards,r Elimination half-life From Wikipedia, the free

encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search The elimination half-life of a drug (or any xenobiotic agent) refers to the timecourse necessary for the quantity of the xenobiotic agent in the body (or plasma concentration) to be reduced to half of its original level through various elimination processes. Half-life is an important pharmacokinetic parameter and is usually denoted by the abbreviation t1/2. Contents [hide] 1 Half-life in first-order elimination 2 Half-life in zero-order elimination 3 See also 4 References lilibit007aol wrote: at this point my case is over the judge refuses to recognize the gov warning or anything else ..she's known for being that way..I find it curious to see meds i.e. pills with ethanol or what ever how many more meds have that..I am not testing anymore ..but for probate I go 3 times a week at the hospital lab for etoh all negative..I will present everything there ..im

not a chemist so I am having a hard time understanding the seraquel issue..I couldn't open the site ..But I am eager to learn so I can help others....any suggestions thanks for the help. ********************************************************************************************The USF Health Mail Protection System has scanned this email and found that it violates the USF Health Mail Guidelines for one of the following reasons: (1) It contains a virus, (2) It is an attempt to relay mail, or (3) It contains other hostile content. The specific reason is shown in the details listed below. Please note that if a virus was found and could not

be removed, it was deleted. For further information or if you have any questions, please contact the USF Health IT Help Desk at (813) 974-6288.********************************************************************************************\HTML Active Content: Found invalid IMG Tag, Found Web-beacon, Object Removed: 1

'img' ********************************************************************************************The USF Health Mail Protection System has scanned this email and

found that it violates the USF Health Mail Guidelines for one of the following reasons: (1) It contains a virus, (2) It is an attempt to relay mail, or (3) It contains other hostile content. The specific reason is shown in the details listed below. Please note that if a virus was found and could not be removed, it was deleted. For further information or if you have any questions, please contact the USF Health IT Help Desk at (813) 974-6288.********************************************************************************************\HTML Active Content: Found invalid IMG Tag, Found Web-beacon, Object Removed: 1 'img'