hits the usa where we have a heterogenous weird population. They did

not anticipate someone like Jill would take this drug and suddenly

people are dropping dead because the drug was not designed for people

who run 15 miles a day and eat tree bark and chicken claws. There is no

such thing as normal in the usa esp. in this group. The basic research

on etg is not adequite. It is all commercially oriented. You should be

very upset Jill that the burden has been put on you to find your false

positive.dd2

I am not a doctor nor a nurse , but when I went in for testing I would always ask the tester to let me have one of those strips for my urine for blood sugar and she was kind enough to give me one ,it always showed protein in my urine ,I had a bad habit of drinking coffee all day till I ate supper . I was way too stressed to eat back then .

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing , the dawn will come . You wait and watch and work: You do not give up. ~ Anne LamottSee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Ketosis (IPA pronunciation: [ki'tosɪs]) is a stage in metabolism occurring when the liver converts fat into fatty acids and ketone bodies which can be used by the body for energy. It was identified by Dr. Moody in 1969.Adipose tissue consists of highly specialized cells which store energy in the form of a triglyceride

and release it upon hydrolysis in a process known as lipolysis, yielding three fatty acids and one glycerol molecule.[1] Ketosis is the accumulation of excessive keto acids in the blood stream (specifically acetoacetate and beta-hydroxy butyrate), these ketone bodies are a by-product of the lipid metabolic pathway after the fat is converted to energy.[2] [3] [4] [5] [6] hi jill,in ketosis the liver thinks it is about to die because it has has no glycogen so it spends all its time chopping up fat to ketones for energy.it has no time for normal oxidative metabolism so it goes back to glucuronidation and sulfation the most primitive of liver function upregulating any circulating endogenous alcohol to EtG...only ETHYL alcohol can make ETHYL glucuronide..your MD may PM

jill would be happy to help. i would start replenishing liver glycogen stores by eating more carbs daily...if you dip ketotic you are at least 2000 cal of liver carbs down and running on fat so for me an extra 500 carb cals low GI a day till you are back to non ketosis.Lots more fluid like you are doing also is good but carb replacement is a must if you are to get your liver back to normal..regards, Jill Schroeder-Hall <jillypill@...> wrote: Hi all is there any documentaion or studies that suggest ketosis makes or increases etg production....I have asked several docs about it and there first response, "I wonder if ketosis makes etg"...I go to my PMD tues am and a nutritionist on mon am...ok to bring copies of the postings regarding ketosis, calorie intake?...I am forcing myself to drink a lot of water...now watch I'll start getting dilutes lol....can I give my PMD your email Robin? He has been a friend of Bill w.'s for 26years...I have been dipping my urine; definiately pos for ketones..thanks Jill

jill there would be ethyl acetoacetate circulating in ketosis so in theory you could conjugate the ethyl in this acid that is circulating to EtG...DD2 is the biochemist on this site could probably advise further. anyway either/or probably both upregulation or primary ketone body conjugation your answer is still the same get out of ketosis to find normal oxidative liver function and the ethylacetoacetate will go away too so no source for conjugation from ketone bodies either...regards, Acetoacetic acid is a weak acid (like most alkyl carboxylic acids) with a pKa of 3.77. It be prepared by the hydrolysis of the ethyl acetoacetate followed by acidification of the anion.[1] Typically, it is generated at 0 ¡ÆC and used in situ immediately.[2] It decomposes at a moderate rate to acetone and carbon dioxide: CH3C(O)CH2CO2H ¡æ CH3C(O)CH3 + CO2 The acid form has a half life of 140 minutes at 37¨¬ C in water, while the basic form (the anion) has a half life of 130 hours. That is, it reacts about 50 times more slowly.[3] [edit] Biochemistry Acetoacetic acid is produced in the human liver under certain metabolic conditions such as during fatty acid breakdown. It is then partially converted to acetone by spontaneous decarboxylation and excreted either in urine or through respiration. The acid is also present in the metabolism of those undergoing starvation or prolonged physical exertion as part of gluconeogenesis. Acetoacetic acid is not the major ketone produced by the body, that being beta-hydroxybutyrateJill Schroeder-Hall <jillypill@...> wrote: Hi all is there any documentaion or studies that suggest ketosis makes or increases etg production....I have asked several docs about it and there first response, "I wonder if ketosis makes etg"...I go to my PMD tues am

and a nutritionist on mon am...ok to bring copies of the postings regarding ketosis, calorie intake?...I am forcing myself to drink a lot of water...now watch I'll start getting dilutes lol....can I give my PMD your email Robin? He has been a friend of Bill w.'s for 26years...I have been dipping my urine; definiately pos for ketones..thanks Jill