RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: from lilibit's study...etoh endogenous production blood levels..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Endogenous blood levels of ethanol range from non-detectable to 0.02 mg/dl to O. 1 5 mg/dl (, 1985; Lester, 1962 apparently all people have endogenous etoh blood levels up to .15 without drinking...we need to try to find these studies...they might bouy our position for false positives from exposure,production and convince many skeptics...regards,r DiBona <danieldibona@...> wrote: This is full of

useful information. It'll take me a while to digest. I like it. Great work. Dan On Saturday, September 23, 2006, at 09:44AM, <lilibit007aol> wrote:>><<Original Attached>> http://www.ethanolrfa.org/objects/documents/87/ethanol_tox_20001.pdf THIS SEEMS VERY INTERESTING ITS A STUDY DONE IN 2000 ABOUT THE HEALTH EFFECTS OF ETHANOL FUEL ..INHALATION GRAPHS ECT..SOME OF IT I THINK WE CAN USE..AND I POSTED IT BEFORE BUT THIS IS THE EASY WAY TO GET THERE..LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK SO I CAN SEE IF IM ON THE RIGHT

TRACK,,THANKS

Guest guest

Back in April, Dr. sent me the Med. Sci. Law (2000) publication, "Endogenous Ethanol 'Auto-Brewery Syndrome' as a Drunk-Driving Defence Challenge" and his 1983 publication, "Determination of Endogenous Ethanol in Blood and Breath by GC-MS". He also provided me a very interesting article from Science & Justice (2004) titled "Autobrewing revisited: Endogenous concentrations of blood ethanol in residents of the UAE". I credit Islamic countries with doing their homework. The UAE has a "zero tolerance" for blood alcohol. Recognizing the potential for endogenous alcohol to cause a positive blood alcohol test, they did a large-scale study to establish the normal blood alcohol levels in residents in an attempt to advise on legal limits. It's a good model for what should have been done for EtG.

Don't know if these are available online. If anybody wants them, send me your fax # and I'll send them!

Lorie

> > >> ><<Original Attached>>> > > http://www.ethanolrfa.org/objects/documents/87/ethanol_tox_20001.pdf THIS SEEMS VERY INTERESTING ITS A STUDY DONE IN 2000 ABOUT THE HEALTH EFFECTS OF ETHANOL FUEL ..INHALATION GRAPHS ECT..SOME OF IT I THINK WE CAN USE..AND I POSTED IT BEFORE BUT THIS IS THE EASY WAY TO GET THERE..LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK SO I CAN SEE IF IM ON THE RIGHT TRACK,,THANKS>

Guest guest

wow lorie interesting especially coming from islamic contry i would like to have a look when you have time...FAX#251-964-6901...regards,rLorie <lorieg@...> wrote: Back in April, Dr. sent me the Med. Sci. Law (2000) publication, "Endogenous Ethanol 'Auto-Brewery Syndrome' as a Drunk-Driving Defence Challenge" and his 1983 publication, "Determination of Endogenous Ethanol in Blood and Breath by GC-MS". He also provided me a very interesting article from Science & Justice (2004)

titled "Autobrewing revisited: Endogenous concentrations of blood ethanol in residents of the UAE". I credit Islamic countries with doing their homework. The UAE has a "zero tolerance" for blood alcohol. Recognizing the potential for endogenous alcohol to cause a positive blood alcohol test, they did a large-scale study to establish the normal blood alcohol levels in residents in an attempt to advise on legal limits. It's a good model for what should have been done for EtG. Don't know if these are available online. If anybody wants them, send me your fax # and I'll send them! Lorie > > >> ><<Original Attached>>> > > http://www.ethanolrfa.org/objects/documents/87/ethanol_tox_20001.pdf THIS SEEMS VERY INTERESTING ITS A STUDY DONE IN 2000 ABOUT THE HEALTH EFFECTS OF ETHANOL FUEL ..INHALATION GRAPHS ECT..SOME OF IT I THINK WE CAN USE..AND I POSTED IT BEFORE BUT THIS IS THE EASY WAY TO GET THERE..LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK SO I CAN SEE IF IM ON THE RIGHT TRACK,,THANKS>

Guest guest

Pull out your calculators. Isn't this equivalent to a background range of 500

to 5000 ng/ml EtG? I'm sleepy. I have to revisit the math.

Autobrewing revisited: endogenous concentrations of blood ethanol in residents

of the United Arab Emirates.

Science & Justice : Journal Of The Forensic Science Society. Volume: 44 Issue: 3

(2004-07-01) p. 149-52. ISSN: 1355-0306

Forensic Science Laboratory, PO Box 253, Abu Dhab, United Arab Emirates.

Endogenous ethanol concentrations in blood were determined by sensitive

headspace gas chromatography/mass spectrometry in 1557 residents of the United

Arab Emirates. The subjects were from 13 nationalities, of both sexes and of

different age groups. There was no significant difference in blood ethanol

concentration between nationalities or between sexes within and between

nationalities. The data was pooled and the overall median, minimum, maximum, 25%

percentile and 75% percentile were 0.04, 0.00, 3.52, 0.01 and 0.09 mg/dl

respectively. The values of blood ethanol concentration as reported in this

study indicate that they are far too low to have any forensic significance.

PMID: 15270453 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

wow lorie interesting especially coming from islamic contry i would like to have a look when you have time...FAX#251-964-6901...regards,rLorie <lorieglanset> wrote: Back in April, Dr. sent me the Med. Sci. Law (2000) publication, "Endogenous Ethanol 'Auto-Brewery Syndrome' as a Drunk-Driving Defence Challenge" and his 1983 publication, "Determination of Endogenous Ethanol in Blood and Breath by GC-MS". He also provided me a very interesting article from Science & Justice (2004)

titled "Autobrewing revisited: Endogenous concentrations of blood ethanol in residents of the UAE". I credit Islamic countries with doing their homework. The UAE has a "zero tolerance" for blood alcohol. Recognizing the potential for endogenous alcohol to cause a positive blood alcohol test, they did a large-scale study to establish the normal blood alcohol levels in residents in an attempt to advise on legal limits. It's a good model for what should have been done for EtG. Don't know if these are available online. If anybody wants them, send me your fax # and I'll send them! Lorie > > >> ><<Original Attached>>> > > http://www.ethanolrfa.org/objects/documents/87/ethanol_tox_20001.pdf THIS SEEMS VERY INTERESTING ITS A STUDY DONE IN 2000 ABOUT THE HEALTH EFFECTS OF ETHANOL FUEL ..INHALATION GRAPHS ECT..SOME OF IT I THINK WE CAN USE..AND I POSTED IT BEFORE BUT THIS IS THE EASY WAY TO GET THERE..LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK SO I CAN SEE IF IM ON THE RIGHT TRACK,,THANKS>

Guest guest

i think that is right dan...what is the 3.52 figure in that data...what is that mg/dl?regards,r DiBona <danieldibona@...> wrote: Pull out your calculators. Isn't this equivalent to a background range of 500 to 5000 ng/ml EtG? I'm sleepy. I have to revisit the math.Autobrewing revisited: endogenous concentrations of blood ethanol in residents of the United Arab Emirates. Science & Justice : Journal Of The Forensic Science Society. Volume: 44 Issue: 3 (2004-07-01) p. 149-52. ISSN: 1355-0306

Forensic Science Laboratory, PO Box 253, Abu Dhab, United Arab Emirates.Endogenous ethanol concentrations in blood were determined by sensitive headspace gas chromatography/mass spectrometry in 1557 residents of the United Arab Emirates. The subjects were from 13 nationalities, of both sexes and of different age groups. There was no significant difference in blood ethanol concentration between nationalities or between sexes within and between nationalities. The data was pooled and the overall median, minimum, maximum, 25% percentile and 75% percentile were 0.04, 0.00, 3.52, 0.01 and 0.09 mg/dl respectively. The values of blood ethanol concentration as reported in this study indicate that they are far too low to have any forensic significance.PMID: 15270453 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] wow lorie interesting especially coming from islamic contry i would like to have a

look when you have time...FAX#251-964-6901...regards,rLorie <lorieglanset> wrote: Back in April, Dr. sent me the Med. Sci. Law (2000) publication, "Endogenous Ethanol 'Auto-Brewery Syndrome' as a Drunk-Driving Defence Challenge" and his 1983 publication, "Determination of Endogenous Ethanol in Blood and Breath by GC-MS". He also provided me a very interesting article from Science & Justice (2004) titled "Autobrewing revisited: Endogenous concentrations of blood ethanol in residents of the UAE". I credit Islamic countries with doing their homework. The UAE has a "zero tolerance" for blood alcohol. Recognizing the potential for endogenous alcohol to cause a positive blood alcohol test, they did a large-scale study to establish the normal blood alcohol levels in

residents in an attempt to advise on legal limits. It's a good model for what should have been done for EtG. Don't know if these are available online. If anybody wants them, send me your fax # and I'll send them! Lorie > > >> ><<Original Attached>>> > > http://www.ethanolrfa.org/objects/documents/87/ethanol_tox_20001.pdf THIS SEEMS VERY INTERESTING ITS A STUDY DONE IN 2000 ABOUT THE HEALTH EFFECTS OF ETHANOL FUEL ..INHALATION GRAPHS ECT..SOME OF IT I THINK WE CAN USE..AND I POSTED IT BEFORE BUT THIS IS THE EASY WAY TO GET THERE..LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK SO I CAN SEE IF IM ON THE RIGHT TRACK,,THANKS>

Guest guest

Please

efax me a copy, Lorie. The article reprint I located at UT Southwestern

library had an English abstract and Arabic text. I’m hoping yours is

English.

Dan

Efax: 214-594-5788

Re:

from lilibit's study...etoh endogenous production blood levels..

Back in April, Dr. sent me the Med. Sci. Law (2000) publication,

" Endogenous Ethanol 'Auto-Brewery Syndrome' as a Drunk-Driving Defence

Challenge " and his 1983 publication, " Determination of Endogenous

Ethanol in Blood and Breath by GC-MS " . He also provided me a very

interesting article from Science & Justice

(2004) titled " Autobrewing revisited: Endogenous concentrations of blood

ethanol in residents of the UAE " . I credit Islamic countries with

doing their homework. The UAE has a " zero tolerance " for blood

alcohol. Recognizing the potential for endogenous alcohol to cause a positive

blood alcohol test, they did a large-scale study to establish the normal blood

alcohol levels in residents in an attempt to advise on legal limits. It's a

good model for what should

have been done for EtG.

Don't know if these are available online. If anybody

wants them, send me your fax # and I'll send them!

Lorie

>

> >

> ><<Original Attached>>

>

>

> http://www.ethanolrfa.org/objects/documents/87/ethanol_tox_20001.pdf

THIS SEEMS VERY INTERESTING ITS A STUDY DONE IN 2000 ABOUT! THE HEALTH EFFECTS

OF ETHANOL FUEL ..INHALATION GRAPHS ECT..SOME OF IT I THINK WE CAN USE..AND I

POSTED IT BEFORE BUT THIS IS THE EASY WAY TO GET THERE..LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU

THINK SO I CAN SEE IF IM ON THE RIGHT TRACK,,THANKS

>

Guest guest

i got mine lorie thanks...will review...regards,r DiBona <danieldibona@...> wrote: Please efax me a copy, Lorie. The article reprint I located at UT Southwestern library had an English abstract and Arabic text. I’m hoping yours is English. Dan Efax: 214-594-5788 -----Original Message-----From: Ethylglucuronide [mailto:Ethylglucuronide ] On Behalf Of LorieSent: Sunday, September 24, 2006 3:48 AMEthylglucuronide Subject: Re: from lilibit's study...etoh endogenous production blood levels.. Back in April, Dr. sent me the Med. Sci. Law (2000) publication, "Endogenous Ethanol 'Auto-Brewery Syndrome' as a Drunk-Driving Defence Challenge" and his 1983 publication, "Determination of Endogenous Ethanol in Blood and Breath by GC-MS". He also provided me a very interesting article from Science & Justice (2004) titled "Autobrewing revisited: Endogenous concentrations of blood ethanol

in residents of the UAE". I credit Islamic countries with doing their homework. The UAE has a "zero tolerance" for blood alcohol. Recognizing the potential for endogenous alcohol to cause a positive blood alcohol test, they did a large-scale study to establish the normal blood alcohol levels in residents in an attempt to advise on legal limits. It's a good model for what should have been done for EtG. Don't know if these are available online. If anybody wants them, send me your fax # and I'll send them! Lorie > > >> ><<Original Attached>>> > > http://www.ethanolrfa.org/objects/documents/87/ethanol_tox_20001.pdf THIS SEEMS VERY INTERESTING ITS A STUDY DONE IN 2000 ABOUT! THE HEALTH EFFECTS OF ETHANOL FUEL ..INHALATION GRAPHS ECT..SOME OF IT I THINK WE CAN USE..AND I POSTED IT BEFORE BUT THIS IS THE

EASY WAY TO GET THERE..LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK SO I CAN SEE IF IM ON THE RIGHT TRACK,,THANKS>

Guest guest

3.52 is

the maximum measure alcohol in milligrams per deciliter. I still haven’t

slept, so it’s too risky for me to assert, but I think deciliter is 100ml.

Calculating total body water for a seventy kilogram person, then converting to

milligrams per milliliter of ethanol, then nanograms per milliliter of ethanol

multiplied by 0.03 (I know, it could be higher) should estimate serum

EtG. With a half life of 2.5 to 3 hours, and assuming urine production of

fifty millilters an hour at a creatinine of 100mg/liter all the numbers are

present to estimate the urine EtG of the person. I’m just not

wrapped tight enough at this moment to be precise and do not want to mislead

anyone here. Ya’ll go have some calculator fun, I’m going to

eat a piece of pie and crash.

Dan

Re:

Re: from lilibit's study...etoh endogenous production blood levels..

i think that is right dan...what is the 3.52

figure in that data...what is that mg/dl?regards,r

DiBona

<danieldibonamac> wrote:

Pull

out your calculators. Isn't this equivalent to a background range of 500 to

5000 ng/ml EtG? I'm sleepy. I have to revisit the math.

Autobrewing revisited: endogenous concentrations of blood ethanol in residents

of the United Arab Emirates.

Science & Justice : Journal Of The Forensic Science Society. Volume: 44

Issue: 3 (2004-07-01) p. 149-52. ISSN: 1355-0306

Forensic Science Laboratory, PO Box 253, Abu Dhab, United Arab Emirates.

Endogenous ethanol concentrations in blood were determined by sensitive

headspace gas chromatography/mass spectrometry in 1557 residents of the

United Arab Emirates. The subjects were from 13 nationalities, of both sexes

and of different age groups. There was no significant difference in blood

ethanol concentration between nationalities or between sexes within and between

nationalities. The data was pooled and the overall median, minimum, maximum,

25% percentile and 75% percentile were 0.04, 0.00, 3.52, 0.01 and 0.09 mg/dl

respectively. The values of blood ethanol concentration as reported in this

study indicate that they are far too low to have any forensic significance.

PMID: 15270453 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

wow lorie interesting especially coming from islamic

contry i would like to! have a look when you have time...FAX#251-964-6901...regards,r

Lorie <lorieglanset>

wrote:

Back in April, Dr. sent me the Med. Sci. Law (2000) publication,

" Endogenous Ethanol 'Auto-Brewery Syndrome' as a Drunk-Driving Defence

Challenge " and his 1983 publication, " Determination of Endogenous

Ethanol in Blood and Breath by GC-MS " . He also provided me a very

interesting article from Science &

Justice (2004) titled " Autobrewing revisited: Endogenous

concentrations of blood ethanol in residents of the UAE " . I credit

Islamic countries with doing their homework. The UAE has a " zero

tolerance " for blood alcohol. Recognizing the potential for endogenous

alcohol to cause a positive blood alcohol test, they did a large-scale study to

establish the normal blood alcohol levels in residents in an attempt to advise

on legal limits. It's a good model for what

should have been done for EtG.

Don't know if these are available online. If anybody

wants them, send me your fax # and I'll send them!

Lorie

>

> >

> ><<Original Attached>>

>

>

> http://www.ethanolrfa.org/objects/documents/87/ethanol_tox_20001.pdf

THIS SEEMS VERY INTERESTING ITS A STUDY DONE IN 2000 ABOUT THE HEALTH EFFECTS

OF ETHANOL FUEL ..INHALATION GRAPHS ECT..SOME OF IT I THINK WE CAN USE..AND I

POSTED IT BEFORE BUT THIS IS THE EASY WAY TO GET THERE..LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU

THINK SO I CAN SEE IF IM ON THE RIGHT TRACK,,THANKS

>