RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: another positive etg!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Maybe a PEG test for gut fermentation Dianne Also a random urine C & S for E. Coli Testing for a Leaky Gut The Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) test There are laboratories in the United States and one here in the United Kingdom that test for this condition using a very simple method. A solution of inert (indigestible and unusable) molecules is drunk and, having emptied the bladder previously, urine is collected for the next six hours. At the end of this time the sample is shaken and a small portion sent to the laboratory. A certain percentage of the small molecules should have passed through the gut wall, into the blood

stream and been filtered out by the kidneys into the urine. The larger molecules that were drunk should not have got through and simply pass out with the faeces. The presence of any large molecules, therefore, in the urine indicates the presence of increased intestinal permeability - the leaky gut syndrome. Diane might consider a few random urine cultures for E. Coli And maybe a leaky gut gut fermentation w/u with a GI spec. if indicated. At this time instructions and collection kits can be sent to an individual. Once the sample is collected it is returned directly to The Diagnostic Clinic and results returned, usually, within 7 days. The Leaky Gut Syndrome is frequently associated with yeast or fungal infections including Candida. A test called The Gut Fermentation study can give practitioners information regarding the

presence of yeast. This simple test involves the patient taking a sugary capsule or drink and an hour later having a blood sample taken to look for alcohols in the blood. This appears because of the fermentation of sugar by yeasts. This test also gives information about a lack of dietary fibre, possible hypoglycaemia and the presence of good and bad bowel flora. doetta5555 <doetta5555@...> wrote: I too have dealt with Dr. Brown twice and she was no help. I think I knew more about etg than she did. I sent

an email to Dr. Skipper but now they have the east coast and west coast split up. Since I'm in CA, I have somebody else. He wants $250. an hour at a 2 hr. minimum.My Dr. ordered the labwork that you suggested Robin. Thanks to everyone for your input. I'll keep you posted. Sincerely, Diane > > > > From: doetta5555 doetta5555@...> > Subject: another positive etg!!!> > Ethylglucuronide > > Date: Monday, June 2, 2008, 7:12 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I just talked to my probation monitor and she said I had another > > positive drug screen on 5/15/08 that is significantly higher than it's > > ever been. I can't

find out the number until I talk to the MRO Dr. > > Brown. I don't know what good that will do. She said they will be going > > for revocation. I have already been suspended from working since last > > July. So far my place of employment hasn't fired me but I doubt after a > > year I'll still have a job. My disability runs out this month. I doubt I > > can get unemployment because I haven't been fired. I haven't drank and > > here I thought I was doing so well, then I get this news. It's enough to > > drive you crazy! I know, my sponsor knows and my higher power knows how > > well I am doing in my recovery program but it sure does beat you down.I > > will celebrate 2 yrs.in July. Is there any other test to recommend that > > says I haven't drank? I don't think a hair test would. I can see my > > legal fees going up and up

and up. I will need to find a new career. I > > am just a bit overwhelmed right now. Thanks for listening, Diane> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >>

Guest guest

Judy think addictionologists do not know squat about it but with diabetes increased GI yeast certainly could have been responsible for yours and many other false positives... see a GI or get your private MD to do some testing. regards,r Judy <floridajudy@...> wrote: I just this week discovered I have type II diabetes: I asked myprivate MD to run some tests

because of a yeast infection that justwouldn't quit coming back. I have no family history of it, so itwasn't something that occurred to me to get tested for earlier.Could this have contributed to my positive EtG? And why the helldidn't the so-called "addictionologist" who charged me an arm and aleg bother to test for this? I think if someone who insists she neverdrank is spilling alcohol metabolites, shouldn't an MD at leastconsider the possibility of a metabolic disorder?> The Leaky Gut Syndrome is frequently associated with yeast orfungal infections including Candida. A test called The GutFermentation study can give practitioners information regarding thepresence of yeast. This simple test involves the patient taking asugary capsule or drink and an

hour later having a blood sample takento look for alcohols in the blood. This appears because of thefermentation of sugar by yeasts. This test also gives informationabout a lack of dietary fibre, possible hypoglycaemia and the presenceof good and bad bowel flora.

Guest guest

Judy for several reasons Nystatin might be a better choice than Diflucan... Lorie has recently pulled a positive on Diflucan Diflucan extensively liver metabolized upregulates EtG Not as effective for GI yeast if GI testing confirms that Dx... regards,r NystatinNystatin comes from a soil-based organism that is concentrated and works by directly killing the yeast. It is safe and effective and can be used with pregnant mothers and infants. 1 pill (500,000 units) taken three times a day is usually the recommended dosage for an adult. If the powder, Nilstat, is used

a 1/8th tsp. is taken 3 times a day orally either directly on the tongue or mixed with a little water. Work up to three times daily to manage die-off symtpoms. The difference with the powder is that it does not contain any dye and kills yeast living in the mouth and esophagus as well in the gastrointestinal tract. Nystatin is not well absorbed into the bloodstream but with prolonged use it can get into the blood, helping those with autoimmune diseases. The problem is that most doctors prescribe Nystatin for less than 6 weeks. Better results show with a usage of three months or longer. In my case of MS I took Nystatin for two years. If you have a mild case of Candidiasis 3 or 4 months of Nystatin is usually sufficient. DiflucanDiflucan (fluconazole), an antifungal synthetic drug, is found to be effective against systemic

(in the blood) Candida overgrowth. It is ten times stronger than Nystatin, but it also more toxic to the liver. If Diflucan is used longer than a couple of weeks have your doctor test and monitor your liver enzymes. When you have symptoms of depression or any mental imbalance, Diflucan can give you a jump-start on eradicating the fungus. I recommend taking one Diflucan pill (4 pills total), every other day for the first week and then switching to Nystatin because it is safer and can be monitored better. Unlike Diflucan, Nystatin permeates the areas of the GI tract where yeast overgrowth usually originates and it is essential to tackle both the blood and the gut in a chronic or severe case.Judy <floridajudy@...> wrote: My private doc is already on board. She's started me on metformin anddiflucan. I don't know if that will prevent any further positives, butI need to do it for the sake of my general health.>> Judy think addictionologists do not know squat about it> > but with diabetes increased GI yeast certainly could have beenresponsible for yours> > and many other false positives...> > see a GI or get your private MD to do some testing.> > regards,r

Guest guest

Metformin Systematic (IUPAC) name N,N-dimethylimidodicarbonimidic diamide Identifiers CAS number 657-24-9 ATC code A10BA02 PubChem 4091 DrugBank APRD01099 Chemical data Formula C4H11N5 Mol. mass 129.164 g/mol165.63 g/mol (hydrochloride) Synonyms 1,1-dimethylbiguanide Pharmacokinetic data Bioavailability 50 to 60% under fasting conditions Metabolism None Half life 6.2 hours Excretion Active renal tubular excretion by OCT2 Therapeutic considerations Licence data US Pregnancy cat. C(AU) B(US) Legal status POM(UK) ℞-only(US) Routes Oral The good news is your metformin is renally metabolized therefore just fine, Judy... Do hold off on any Diflucan until you know you will not have to test... I would try mainly to stick with the Nystatin cheaper not absorbed maybe some probiotics... Sorry for all the hassle hang in there... All the best,rJudy <floridajudy@...> wrote: Whoa! Thanks. I was just about to take this Diflucan, and my colorcame up for testing tomorrow. My doc just ordered a one-dose tx for apersistent

vaginal yeast infection, so I'll take it as soon as I drop.I'd just started on the metformin - should I call IPN and sweetlyrequest they do a glucose test along with the EtG I just KNOWthey're going spring on me in the morning?I'm looking for work now. Between the urine drug screens, the GTT andthe hemoglobin A1C's, I should just make over my first paycheck toLabCorp. ****sigh****>> Judy for several reasons Nystatin might be a better choice thanDiflucan...> > Lorie has recently pulled a positive on Diflucan> > Diflucan extensively liver metabolized upregulates EtG> > Not as effective for GI yeast if GI testing confirms that Dx...> > regards,r >

Guest guest

Don't know the science like some here, but every one in my nurse support who has

had bypass, myself included,. have had at least one if not several false

positives.

-------------- Original message ----------------------

> Can having gastric bypass contribute to Leaky Gut Syndrome?

>

>

>

>

> > The Leaky Gut Syndrome is frequently associated with yeast or

> fungal infections including Candida. A test called The Gut

> Fermentation study can give practitioners information regarding the

> presence of yeast. This simple test involves the patient taking a

> sugary capsule or drink and an hour later having a blood sample

taken

> to look for alcohols in the blood. This appears because of the

> fermentation of sugar by yeasts. This test also gives information

> about a lack of dietary fibre, possible hypoglycaemia and the

presence

> of good and bad bowel flora.

>

Guest guest

It is the sugar. I’m a diabetic and it has been proven that sugar can sit in the bladder, ferment and become ethanol, which can produce a false positive. That alone might be considered “incidental” but if this person also happened to come in contact with any of the other incidental factors such as hand sanitizer, hair spray, etc. it might produce enough etg to get someone into trouble.

Diane

Reply-<Ethylglucuronide >

Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 18:09:46 -0000

<Ethylglucuronide >

Subject: Re: another positive etg!!!

Thinking back, another nurse who had a positive EtG in my group was

pregnant at the time. She swore she hadn't drunk any ETOH, and I

believe her - she was super-vigilant about avoiding anything that

could endanger the pregnancy, even tea, coffee and tylenol. She later

developed gestational DM and had to go on insulin. Combined with my

own recent DM diagnosis, it's one of those things that make me go

" Hmmm. I wonder.... "

>

> Don't know the science like some here, but every one in my nurse

support who has had bypass, myself included,. have had at least one if

not several false positives.

Guest guest

getting off the lamictal may prevent more false positives also does upregulate EtG...

From: Lily <tigerlily4u_64@...>Subject: Re: another positive etg!!!Ethylglucuronide Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 8:25 AM

Tey took me off Lamictal that day. The ER dr stated this was the worst reaction he has ever seen. He had seen the rashs but nothing this bad. I guess this is a 1-1000. Why do i always have to be that 1 Its not that i got a break its that she will review the ETG info. I would love to help you but i think we need to wait until the judge rules. That way its in court docs and is useful in a court of law for others going through the crap this ETG false postives are causing. You can reach me at tigerlily4u_ 64 (DOT) com>> be careful with that lamectol med , my doc gave that to me and I got a rash > and was taken off it immediately, I am pleased that you got a break from

the > judge , I am so relieved that I don't have to go to hearings now and hear > about how I am a liar and in denial from my few positives and I haven't drank in > years to boot . I am working on getting info out to the courts and the state > officials and though thru my atty as he still is dealing with parents who > are getting nailed for it, its the least I can do to turn some of my loss into > helping others not go thru this anymore. could you contact me off list so I > can perhaps pass on your situation for my atty ??? Thanks > > > > ************ **Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best > 2008. (http://citysbest. aol.com?ncid= aolacg0005000000 0102)>