had heard that the one brown/ one green combo was the least common,

but you mentioned you and one other person like that and that is

also the same as what I have so I just wondered if you had ever

heard that too? Second, I thought it was funny that you are all from

the Cleveland area, since I just moved from Medina, right out of

Cleveland. Makes me wonder if our condition is more common in some

areas than others? Who knows, but maybe I will run into someone with

this condition soon! Like you I am the only one in my family with

this condition, not even my identical twin sister has it!

>

> My left eye is dark brown and my right eye is green. I was born

with

> heterochromia,but noone else in my family has it. I never met

anyone

> in my childhood or young adulthood that had it. But in recent

years

> I've met about half a dozen people with heterochromia. Two of them

> became good friends and we used to hang out alot. We really got

alot

> of looks and I'm sure people didn't believe we weren't wearing

colored

> contacts.Tammy has one light blue eye and one light brown eye.

Stana

> has one green eye and one eye that is half light brown and half

green.

> Once we went to a dairy queen and the girl that waited on us was

also

> heterochromic!

> I once read that 1 in 500,000 people are heterochromic. If that

> statistic is correct then me and my 2 friends are 3 in one million-

> five hundren thousand!

> We're in the Cleveland,Ohio area.

>

Guest guest

Jeff,

My right eye is very dark brown, and my left eye is green. We are the least common of the combinations of heterchromia, you and I. We are more than 1 in a million in our own right. :)

I am Bonnie.

Ratio of people with heterochromia

My left eye is dark brown and my right eye is green. I was born with heterochromia, but noone else in my family has it. I never met anyone in my childhood or young adulthood that had it. But in recent years I've met about half a dozen people with heterochromia. Two of them became good friends and we used to hang out alot. We really got alot of looks and I'm sure people didn't believe we weren't wearing colored contacts.Tammy has one light blue eye and one light brown eye. Stana has one green eye and one eye that is half light brown and half green. Once we went to a dairy queen and the girl that waited on us was also heterochromic!I once read that 1 in 500,000 people are heterochromic. If that statistic is correct then me and my 2 friends are 3 in one million-five hundren thousand!We're in the Cleveland,Ohio area.

Guest guest

>

with

> heterochromia,but noone else in my family has it. I never met

anyone

> in my childhood or young adulthood that had it. But in recent years

alot

colored

Stana

green.

also

> heterochromic!

> five hundren thousand!

>

As I said I have the green/brown combination, too. It seems like it

is not as uncommon as we all think.

I have never met anyone with heterochromia until I looked at one of

my teachers closely and I realised that she also has heterochromia.

Guest guest

I had never heard that one color combination was rare than another. But studies have probably never been done on heterochromia. I also wondered if heterochromia was more common in some areas than others. But I grew up never seeing another person with heterochromia. Just in recent years I've met other heterochmics. I also wondered if certain nationalities are more likely to be heterochromic.

That's cool that you were also in this area! My sister lived in Medina,but recently moved to West Salem.

Re: Ratio of people with heterochromia

I had to reply to your post for a couple of reasons. First off, I had heard that the one brown/ one green combo was the least common, but you mentioned you and one other person like that and that is also the same as what I have so I just wondered if you had ever heard that too? Second, I thought it was funny that you are all from the Cleveland area, since I just moved from Medina, right out of Cleveland. Makes me wonder if our condition is more common in some areas than others? Who knows, but maybe I will run into someone with this condition soon! Like you I am the only one in my family with this condition, not even my identical twin sister has it!>> My left eye is dark brown and my right eye is green. I was born with > heterochromia,but noone else in my family has it. I never met anyone > in my childhood or young adulthood that had it. But in recent years > I've met about half a dozen people with heterochromia. Two of them > became good friends and we used to hang out alot. We really got alot > of looks and I'm sure people didn't believe we weren't wearing colored > contacts.Tammy has one light blue eye and one light brown eye. Stana > has one green eye and one eye that is half light brown and half green. > Once we went to a dairy queen and the girl that waited on us was also > heterochromic!> I once read that 1 in 500,000 people are heterochromic. If that > statistic is correct then me and my 2 friends are 3 in one million-> five hundren thousand!> We're in the Cleveland,Ohio area.>

PeoplePC Online

A better way to Internet

http://www.peoplepc.com

Guest guest

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for replying to my post. I had just replied to 's reply. She also has one brown/one green. I think three of the other six hetero's that I've met in my life had one blue/one brown. Two other heteros that I met have one green/one blue. And one has one green/one half green-half brown.

I'm of British descent. Do you think hetero may be more common in some Nationalities?

Jeff :o)

Jeff,

My right eye is very dark brown, and my left eye is green. We are the least common of the combinations of heterchromia, you and I. We are more than 1 in a million in our own right. :)

I am Bonnie.

My left eye is dark brown and my right eye is green. I was born with heterochromia, but noone else in my family has it. I never met anyone in my childhood or young adulthood that had it. But in recent years I've met about half a dozen people with heterochromia. Two of them became good friends and we used to hang out alot. We really got alot of looks and I'm sure people didn't believe we weren't wearing colored contacts.Tammy has one light blue eye and one light brown eye. Stana has one green eye and one eye that is half light brown and half green. Once we went to a dairy queen and the girl that waited on us was also heterochromic!I once read that 1 in 500,000 people are heterochromic. If that statistic is correct then me and my 2 friends are 3 in one million-five hundren thousand!We're in the Cleveland,Ohio area.

Guest guest

i have one dark brown one green, i live in oregon, ive met a few others not the same combo but the wierd thing wqs we were all born in february and left handed hmmmmsirpigeon <sirpigeon@...> wrote: Hi Bonnie, Thanks for replying to my post. I had just replied to 's reply. She also has one brown/one green. I think three of the other six hetero's that I've met in my life had one blue/one brown. Two other heteros that I met have one

green/one blue. And one has one green/one half green-half brown. I'm of British descent. Do you think hetero may be more common in some Nationalities? Jeff :o) Re: Ratio of people with heterochromia Jeff, My right eye is very dark brown, and my left eye is green. We are the least common of the combinations of heterchromia, you and I. We are more than 1 in a million in our own right. :) I am Bonnie. Ratio of people with heterochromia My left eye is dark brown and my right eye is green. I was born with heterochromia, but noone

else in my family has it. I never met anyone in my childhood or young adulthood that had it. But in recent years I've met about half a dozen people with heterochromia. Two of them became good friends and we used to hang out alot. We really got alot of looks and I'm sure people didn't believe we weren't wearing colored contacts.Tammy has one light blue eye and one light brown eye. Stana has one green eye and one eye that is half light brown and half green. Once we went to a dairy queen and the girl that waited on us was also heterochromic!I once read that 1 in 500,000 people are heterochromic. If that statistic is correct then me and my 2 friends are 3 in one million-five hundren thousand!We're in the Cleveland,Ohio area. __________________________________________________Do

You ?Tired of spam? has the best spam protection around http://mail. ________________________________________PeoplePC OnlineA better way to Internethttp://www.peoplepc.com __________________________________________________

Guest guest

I have a brown eye and a green as well. I'm right handed. I was born with cataracts. I have an aunt with a brown and a blue eye. A friend of mine recently got "the look" and exclaimed "your eyes are two different colors!" after 7 years of friendship. It makes me wonder if he's ever met my eye before! ~bklag is <klagisthe1@...> wrote: i have one dark brown one green, i live in oregon, ive met a few others not the same combo but the wierd thing wqs we were all born in february and left handed hmmmmsirpigeon

<sirpigeonpeoplepc> wrote: Hi Bonnie, Thanks for replying to my post. I had just replied to 's reply. She also has one brown/one green. I think three of the other six hetero's that I've met in my life had one blue/one brown. Two other heteros that I met have one green/one blue. And one has one green/one half green-half brown. I'm of British descent. Do you think hetero may be more common in some Nationalities? Jeff :o) Re: Ratio of people with heterochromia Jeff, My right eye is very dark brown, and my left eye is green. We are the least common of the combinations of heterchromia, you and I. We are more than 1 in a million in our own right. :) I am

Bonnie. Ratio of people with heterochromia My left eye is dark brown and my right eye is green. I was born with heterochromia, but noone else in my family has it. I never met anyone in my childhood or young adulthood that had it. But in recent years I've met about half a dozen people with heterochromia. Two of them became good friends and we used to hang out alot. We really got alot of looks and I'm sure people didn't believe we weren't wearing colored contacts.Tammy has one light blue eye and one light brown eye. Stana has one green eye and one eye that is half light

brown and half green. Once we went to a dairy queen and the girl that waited on us was also heterochromic!I once read that 1 in 500,000 people are heterochromic. If that statistic is correct then me and my 2 friends are 3 in one million-five hundren thousand!We're in the Cleveland,Ohio area. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

This is a reply to bonnie and Jeff, I also have the dark brown and green eye but this is something that occurred late in my life for no reason i can think of, my left eye just turned green sometime after I turned forty with all the other things that happen when you get older weight, blurred vision and gray hair, but i love it and had to be told i had a green and brown eye, after about the third time I finally took it serious and looked, and so it was. If you wonder why it took so long ,well when one Gaines weight after being trim all your years , well i didn't like looking at myself in the mirror. See what you can miss. Later Sheila

Mothergator

Jeff,

I am Bonnie.

My left eye is dark brown and my right eye is green. I was born with

heterochromia, but noone else in my family has it. I never met anyone

in my childhood or young adulthood that had it. But in recent years

I've met about half a dozen people with heterochromia. Two of them

became good friends and we used to hang out alot. We really got alot

of looks and I'm sure people didn't believe we weren't wearing colored

contacts.Tammy has one light blue eye and one light brown eye. Stana

has one green eye and one eye that is half light brown and half green.

Once we went to a dairy queen and the girl that waited on us was also

heterochromic!

I once read that 1 in 500,000 people are heterochromic. If that

statistic is correct then me and my 2 friends are 3 in one million-

five hundren thousand!

We're in the Cleveland,Ohio area.

Guest guest

I was born in March and I'm right handed.

Jeff :o)

i have one dark brown one green, i live in oregon, ive met a few others not the same combo but the wierd thing wqs we were all born in february and left handed hmmmm

http://www.peoplepc.com

Guest guest

I was born in Nov. and am right handed also. Maybe there is no connection, other than us all being awesome people haha. Jensirpigeon <sirpigeon@...> wrote: I was born in March and I'm right handed. Jeff :o) Re: Ratio of people with heterochromia i have one dark brown one green, i live in oregon, ive met a few others not the same combo but the wierd thing wqs we were all born in february and left handed hmmmm

http://www.peoplepc.com __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi all, Bonnie again,

I am 57, right handed and born in October, a Libra. I have had these eyes since was born, in fact I will tell you a funny story:

As a bright eyed somewhat bald headed baby, my mother took me for a professional photograph. Back then they tinted the pictures and some uninformed tinter painted both my eyes green. The photograph was mailed to my mother after the tinting, needless to say she took exception to the artistic license. The story as she told it to me was that she marched the portrait and myself into the photographers studio and told him she wanted to portrait redone, this time painted correctly. She said she held me up and said LOOK, does she have 2 green eyes? !!!! :) The photographer apologized and immediately ordered another portrait, tinted correctly.

Oh and when I was coming up, I was teased, chased, called monster, freak, strange. However the older I got the more I realized the ignorant masses were not as unique as I, poor souls. :) And during high school I did some local teen modeling and my eyes were well appreciated then.

i have one dark brown one green, i live in oregon, ive met a few others not the same combo but the wierd thing wqs we were all born in february and left handed hmmmm

http://www.peoplepc .com

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

Bonnie, Wow, what a great story about the photograph! I cant say that I was ever teased because of my eyes, but it did always make me feel very different than everyone else. Having an identical twin, made me crave something to set us apart and my eyes being hetrochromatic and hers not, did the trick for me. I have always loved peoples reactions, but I'm telling you nothing compares to how kids react. I teach kindergarten, and have had kids that just seem amazed by them, and its always so cute watching their little faces try to figure it out. JenBonnie <softeyesga@...> wrote: Hi all, Bonnie again, I am 57, right handed and born in October, a Libra. I have had these eyes since was born, in fact I will tell you a funny story: As a bright eyed somewhat bald headed baby, my mother took me for a professional photograph. Back then they tinted the pictures and some uninformed tinter painted both my eyes green. The photograph was mailed to my mother after the

tinting, needless to say she took exception to the artistic license. The story as she told it to me was that she marched the portrait and myself into the photographers studio and told him she wanted to portrait redone, this time painted correctly. She said she held me up and said LOOK, does she have 2 green eyes? !!!! :) The photographer apologized and immediately ordered another portrait, tinted correctly. Oh and when I was coming up, I was teased, chased, called monster, freak, strange. However the older I got the more I realized the ignorant masses were not as unique as I, poor souls. :) And during high school I did some local teen modeling and my eyes were well appreciated then. Re: Ratio of people with heterochromia i have one dark brown one green, i live in oregon, ive met a few others not the same combo but the wierd thing wqs we were all born in february and left handed hmmmm http://www.peoplepc .com ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

Hi! I'm and I live in Belgium. I also have a dark brown and dark green eye. Luckily you don't notice it right away except when the light shines on them. My son doesn't have heterochromia. I'm proud to be special and almost unique here...Belgium is such a small country. I have the impression that a lot of people in the States have heterochromia because almost all of the reactions come from the US. Have a nice day! sirpigeon <sirpigeon@...> wrote: Hi

Bonnie, Thanks for replying to my post. I had just replied to 's reply. She also has one brown/one green. I think three of the other six hetero's that I've met in my life had one blue/one brown. Two other heteros that I met have one green/one blue. And one has one green/one half green-half brown. I'm of British descent. Do you think hetero may be more common in some Nationalities? Jeff :o) Re: Ratio of people with heterochromia Jeff, My right eye is very dark brown, and my left eye is green. We are the least common of the combinations of heterchromia, you and I. We are more than 1 in a million in our own right. :) I am Bonnie. Ratio of people with heterochromia My left eye is dark brown and my right eye is green. I was born with heterochromia, but noone else in my family has it. I never met anyone in my childhood or young adulthood that had it. But in recent years I've met about half a dozen people with heterochromia. Two of them became good friends and we used to hang out alot. We really got alot of looks and I'm sure people didn't believe we weren't wearing colored contacts.Tammy has one light blue eye and one light brown eye. Stana has one green eye and one eye that is half light brown and half green. Once we went to a dairy queen and the girl that waited on us was also heterochromic!I once read that 1 in 500,000 people are heterochromic. If that statistic is correct then me and my 2 friends are 3 in one

million-five hundren thousand!We're in the Cleveland,Ohio area. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

I have one brown and one hazel eye and I am Polish. Ratio of people with heterochromia My left eye is dark brown and my right eye is green. I was born with heterochromia, but noone else in my family has it. I never met anyone in my childhood or young adulthood that had it. But in recent years I've met about half a dozen people with heterochromia. Two of them became good friends and we used to hang out alot. We really got alot of looks and I'm sure people didn't believe we weren't wearing colored contacts.Tammy has one light blue eye and one light brown eye. Stana has one green eye and one eye that is half light brown and half green. Once we went to a dairy queen and the girl that waited on us was also heterochromic! I once read that 1 in 500,000 people are heterochromic. If that statistic is correct then me and my 2 friends are 3 in one million- five hundren thousand! We're in the Cleveland,Ohio area. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi ,

I am from Germany and I have sectoral heterochromia (green+brown). I

don't know if there are more people in the US who have heterochromia,

or if the Europeans just don't join the group (maybe because it is an

English speaking group).

I cannot imagine any reason, why there should be more Americans who

have heterochromia than Europeans.

> Hi Bonnie,

> Thanks for replying to my post. I had just replied to

's reply. She also has one brown/one green. I think three of

the other six hetero's that I've met in my life had one blue/one

brown. Two other heteros that I met have one green/one blue. And one

has one green/one half green-half brown.

> I'm of British descent. Do you think hetero may be more

common in some Nationalities?

> Jeff :o)

>

>

>

> Re: Ratio of people with heterochromia

>

> Jeff,

> My right eye is very dark brown, and my left eye is green. We

are the least common of the combinations of heterchromia, you and I.

We are more than 1 in a million in our own right. :)

>

> I am Bonnie.

>

>

> Ratio of people with heterochromia

>

with

> heterochromia, but noone else in my family has it. I never met

anyone

> in my childhood or young adulthood that had it. But in recent years

alot

colored

Stana

green.

also

> heterochromic!

> five hundren thousand!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Hi all,

soz for not visiting group lately,

sounds like i have missed a few good topics!

I would just like to say that i too have a very very dark brown left

eye and a green right eye(check out my pic >myeyes, by cheryl), i am

surprised to here that even among fellow hetro's i am still quite

unique, how cool :-D I am yet to meet anyone else with heterochromia :-(

I was born with hetrochromia and there is no family history whatsoever,

i suffer with no medical complaints and have always had 20/20 vision.

I live on the south coast of England and i am a right handed virgo!!!

Guest John

Hello, my name is John, I happened to stumble upon this thread and find it amazing and shocking to hear of other people with heterochrmia discussing these things, my right eye is brown with 3 lines of distinct blue (resembling the 'biohazard' symbol) also has a faint green circling the outside of my iris, my left eye is blue with varying shades. I have not met anyone in my life so far with the same condition but almost everyone I talk to seems to know of someone else xD. I live southern California area. would be extremely interested in meeting others, although seems unlikely lol.

Guest Michael

Hello, I am Michael, from North Carolina. My right eye is green, and the left one is brown. Cool thread to come across. Does anyone know if two individuals with heterochromia ever had offspring? If not, tell Mila Kunis, it's worth a try. I wonder if David Bowie has dropped that one liner on her. He is more likely to get a chance, seeing how I'm a good 2,500 miles from Hollywood and no where near almost famous, I would at least give kudos to Bowie, or any other fellow heterochromian to at least throw that our there to her. Well, excluding Christopher Walken because he obviously has the kahunas and charisma to pull it off. You know what Chris, go get her! You're the man! She seems to have a great sense of humor, and you know what they say about women? If you can make them laugh, you can get in their pants! Lmao, but probably offending others. Hetero chroma is one out of, well an f-ing lot odds to come by as is, so as to pulling this off lads, I'll have to steal the famous Lloyd Christmas quote, so you're saying there's a chance!!!! Oh, junk! I just realized Mila is originally from the Ukraine. Sorry to offend any Ukranians, I heard your whole country is as ruthless as the Klitchkos...spell check... And I'm not trying to piss you guys off. Ummmm, yeah and I said my name and where I'm from and like one out of 500,000 people have this rare eye mathingy going on. Hmmm, hiding won't be easy... Ummm. This is uh, uh...Steve and I hail from Boston. That's right forget the redneck accent you guys pictured when I said NC, and think, Boston. Go Sox!