Itching

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Weird, I have had patches of dry, itchy skin like that and I assumed

it was some sort of eczema. The patches were also red. I only get them on my

upper arms and if I use lotion every day I don’t have them. I use the Bath and

Body Works lotions, but I think any sort of good rehydrating skin lotion would

work. Never occurred to me they could be an allergy of some sort since they

were so localized to a couple small patches on my arms.

K.

samters [mailto:samters ] On Behalf Of gwenrafter@...

Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 7:34 PM

samters

Subject: Re: Itching

I have had those patches also. I thought they were the

result of some of my hypertension meds. I use the Aveeno on them. I think I

will have to go and get some for all of this itching.

samters

Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 10:01:35 AM

Gwen,

Here is

another thought. I tend to get different spots on my body that itch and

the skin looks as though I had dry skin. The weird thing is that I

don't have dry skin all over, just these dry patches that itch. What is

weird is that unless I look at the itcy area up close in the light, I don't

notice that the skin looks dry and has little bumps, like dry skin. So,

it has helped for me to be faithful to using Aveeno's dry relief lotion on

the areas that really itch.

Just a

thought.

Jane

samters

Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 4:53 PM

I have not tried to double up on my Allegra but this is a

bad season in the Atlanta area but mostly smog related. My husband feels that

the dogs have me stressed. The Yorkies are not house broken, the Schnauzer is

peeing in the living room and the Bichon is having her daily allergy attacks.

Did I mention the 3 lb. Yorkie may be pregnant? Between the dogs, the

daycare, the proposal for my doctoral program, I am losing sleep and rest. I

could also be going a little crazy but the itching is very real. I am going

to try the ivory detergent and see how that does. I am desperate, I need relief

from the itching. Even my scalp is itching. In church Sunday, I was

scratching my head every few minutes. I was trying to be discret but that is

often difficult.

Guest guest

Hi any rash? I haven't heard of anyone being allergic to NDT, but if she is intolerant of one of the ingredients then this may be a problem- and need a different brand. How long has she been taking it? > thyroid treatment > From: mk3@...> Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 14:34:09 +0000> Subject: Itching> > My wife has developed iching over the top half of her body. Could this be related to the NT that she is taking? > > > > ------------------------------------> > TPA is not medically qualified. Consult with a qualified medical practitioner before changing medication.> >

Guest guest

>

> My wife has developed iching over the top half of her body. Could

Hi Mike, I had itching with no rash when I started on the NDT Thyroid-s and

posted on this forum about it. The itching came on after my second increase and

disappeared after a week or so. I recently tried the NDT brand Thiroyd from the

same suppliers and within 3 days itched like mad - I resumed the Thyroid-s and

was OK again.

Guest guest

Hi ,

Thank you for responding.

No rash, just itching. She's been taking this brand of NT for about 6 months.

She was on Armour for years before they changed the formulation.

We feel that she is getting close to her optimal dose with many of her previous

symptoms becoming less of a problem. The ones I'm concerned about this is the

itching and the headache she experiences around the eye area.

My wife eats pork products without problems.

>

>

> Hi

> any rash? I haven't heard of anyone being allergic to NDT, but if she is

intolerant of one of the ingredients then this may be a problem- and need a

different brand. How long has she been taking it?

>

Guest guest

Hi, as hse is still symptomatic maybe she ought to check the other vits and minerals that can affect thyroid function. When I got my meds right I stopped getting the vile headaches and migraines that I got on T4- maybe she needs more T3 intstead? What are recent test results? > thyroid treatment > From: mk3@...> Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 17:12:36 +0000> Subject: Re: Itching> > Hi ,> > Thank you for responding. > > No rash, just itching. She's been taking this brand of NT for about 6 months. She was on Armour for years before they changed the formulation. > > We feel that she is getting close to her optimal dose with many of her previous symptoms becoming less of a problem. The ones I'm concerned about this is the itching and the headache she experiences around the eye area. > > My wife eats pork products without problems. > > > > > >> > > > Hi> > any rash? I haven't heard of anyone being allergic to NDT, but if she is intolerant of one of the ingredients then this may be a problem- and need a different brand. How long has she been taking it?> > > > > > ------------------------------------> > TPA is not medically qualified. Consult with a qualified medical practitioner before changing medication.> >

Guest guest

Hi,

Five months and 78 lbs down now! From a size 20 down to a size 10/12. Whoo-hoo!

I'm feeling good, having the hair loss some of you have described, but what's really bothering me is the itching. I have noticed a diffuse itching without a rash, especially across my abdomen. My skin isn't dry and doesn't need moisturizers.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Sally

Guest guest

Thank you all for these suggestions. I'm 84 years old and hesitant to do anything radical to my system such as flushes etc. I'm taking some supplements but not the ATP. I sent for that and should have it in a couple of days. I had tried the 12 and a half mg tablets but felt quite sick with them so I settled for the Lugol's drops. I'll take some milk thistle for my liver and will re-read the answers I received. Margaret (Peg) From: Kathleen Blake <kathleenblake@...> iodine Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:47 PM Subject: Re: Itching

With all due respect, it does not mean the liver "does not like the iodine". On the contrary, the body is liking the iodine and detoxing the toxic halides such as bromide. You can help the liver work more efficiently by taking herbs like dandelion or milk thistle. Eating a diet rich in organic vegetables (the liver especially loves carrots)is also very important for helping the liver detoxify and rebuild. Also very important when taking iodine, is to make sure one is also taking the companion nutrients.

Best,

-Kathleen

Itching

I'm new to this group and have just started using Lugol's 2% . At the moment I'm 'painting' with two drops on my skin. After 3 days of doing this I have constant itching all over my body. I quit to see if the itching would stop and it did. Does this mean I'm allergic to Lugol's? I hope not. Maybe the painting is not recommended. I'd like to hear from anyone else who has had itching after starting with Lugol'sMargaret

Guest guest

Margaret,You are an inspiration! I pray that when I am 84 I can think clearly enough to be interested in learning what I can do to be healthier! Donna in IL From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of Peg DiamondSent: Friday, January 13, 2012 2:41 AMiodine Subject: Re: Itching Thank you all for these suggestions. I'm 84 years old and hesitant to do anything radical to my system such as flushes etc. I'm taking some supplements but not the ATP. I sent for that and should have it in a couple of days. I had tried the 12 and a half mg tablets but felt quite sick with them so I settled for the Lugol's drops. I'll take some milk thistle for my liver and will re-read the answers I received. Margaret (Peg) From: Kathleen Blake <kathleenblake@...>iodine Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:47 PMSubject: Re: Itching  With all due respect, it does not mean the liver " does not like the iodine " . On the contrary, the body is liking the iodine and detoxing the toxic halides such as bromide. You can help the liver work more efficiently by taking herbs like dandelion or milk thistle. Eating a diet rich in organic vegetables (the liver especially loves carrots)is also very important for helping the liver detoxify and rebuild. Also very important when taking iodine, is to make sure one is also taking the companion nutrients.Best,-Kathleenmoderator Itching I'm new to this group and have just started using Lugol's 2% . At the moment I'm 'painting' with two drops on my skin. After 3 days of doing this I have constant itching all over my body. I quit to see if the itching would stop and it did. Does this mean I'm allergic to Lugol's? I hope not. Maybe the painting is not recommended. I'd like to hear from anyone else who has had itching after starting with Lugol'sMargaret

Guest guest

Thank you Donna :-)I hadn't mentioned previously that I was taking Thyroxin for a number of years because of a TSH result that was above 9 .... whatever that means. I decided ....after reading that in the elderly hypothyroidism is not a cause for alarm that it is in younger people.... to get off the med. At present I'm not so sure and am thinking of asking my doc for an Armour prescription. He didn't like my going off the thyroid med anyway so I think he'll be happy to put me back on some Armour. Can I do the iodine

protocol along-side the Armour? Also I have a high pulse rate ....around 100 and I'm concerned that the iodine and Armour may make my pulse rate even higher. If anyone has info on this I'd appreciate.One other question. Which is the preferential route for Iodine - internal or on the skin?Thank you for any answers to my questions.Margaret (Peg) PS After reading the pdf about selenium I've ordered the right stuff. I looked at my label and the one I have is NOT the right Selenium.From: Donna Iler <Donna@...> "iodine " <iodine > Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 10:46 AM Subject: RE: Itching

Margaret,You are an inspiration! I pray that when I am 84 I can think clearly enough to be interested in learning what I can do to be healthier! Donna in IL From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of Peg DiamondSent:

Friday, January 13, 2012 2:41 AMiodine Subject: Re: Itching Thank you all for these suggestions. I'm 84 years old and hesitant to do anything radical to my system such as flushes etc. I'm taking some supplements but not the ATP. I sent for that and should have it in a couple of days. I had tried the 12 and a half mg tablets but felt quite sick with them so I settled for the Lugol's drops. I'll take some milk thistle for my liver and will re-read the answers I

received. Margaret (Peg) From: Kathleen Blake <kathleenblake@...>iodine Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:47 PMSubject: Re: Itching  With all due respect, it does not mean the liver "does not like the iodine". On the contrary, the body is liking the iodine and detoxing the toxic halides such as bromide. You can help the liver work more efficiently by taking herbs like dandelion or milk thistle. Eating a diet rich in organic vegetables (the liver especially loves carrots)is also very important for helping the liver detoxify and rebuild. Also very important when taking iodine, is to make sure one is also taking the companion nutrients.Best,-Kathleenmoderator Itching I'm new to this group and have just started using Lugol's 2% . At the moment I'm 'painting' with two drops on my skin. After 3 days of doing this I have constant itching all over my body. I quit to see if the itching would stop and it did. Does this mean I'm allergic to Lugol's? I hope not. Maybe the painting is not recommended. I'd like to hear from anyone else who has had itching after starting with Lugol'sMargaret

Guest guest

thanks, Kathleen,for your advice. You won’t believe this, but I cannot tolerate any vegetables except green beans and a small amount of carrots; this is due to digestive issues which I have had for the past two years. It was a dysbiosis problem, but I have strictly followed the SCD diet which has helped that aspect a lot; the problem is my list of foods I can tolerate has gone down considerably, and my doctor is trying to figure out why. I have been gluten free, dairy free, fruit free, and most veggie free for a long time. For some reason, my immune system is rejecting most foods. So your suggestion about the organic vegetables won’t work for me because they make my digestion react, even in liquid form.

thanks for your help; I will try to look into coffee enemas.

Pam

Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 3:34 PM

iodine

Hello Pam,

A good way to help the liver detox is by eating many organic vegetables daily . Big green salads with organic lettuce, carrots, radishes, beets, dandelion greens, red cabbage, etc. Organic vegetable juices (green juices and/or carrot/apple) are also wonderful for the liver. The juice of a lemon in water first thing in the morning is also very cleansing for the liver and kidneys. Coffee enemas are also great for detoxing the liver, however it is very important one drinks at least three 8 oz. organic veggie juices daily per each enema taken. This keeps the body's electrolites in balance.

You can also google 'foods that help the liver detoxify' and see what you come up with.

Best,

Kathleen

Itching

I'm new to this group and have just started using Lugol's 2% . At the moment I'm 'painting' with two drops on my skin. After 3 days of doing this I have constant itching all over my body. I quit to see if the itching would stop and it did. Does this mean I'm allergic to Lugol's? I hope not. Maybe the painting is not recommended. I'd like to hear from anyone else who has had itching after starting with Lugol'sMargaret