movies, elctronics, books and games to keep him still, lot's of

soft, cold things to eat/drink: ice cream, popcycles, cottage

cheese.

A little bit of drainage in the ear canal, but not much. Feel free

to send additional questions.

Yours in Christ.

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

Hi I haven't had the surgery yet but I too am interested to hear this, considering I'm on ALOT of meds and 2 of them I can't crush. Hope this finds you well, or a bit better than you were a bit ago. Bit by bit, right?

`

1 week later

So it has been a week since surgery, four days since returning home from Mexicali. I offically hate liquids now, as I guess is expected. Pretty much everything tastes bad, but in a few short days I can move to full liquids and get some substance and new flavors at least. At first I really liked the Alpine Punch Isopure drinks but now they are just awful haha. I have however lost 27 pounds since starting the preop diet, so at least I can see some results.My only question is how people effectively took medications? I crush my pills but everything I try to take with them just turns out horrible. I suppose when I can have applesauce that would be the easiest way (like a dog) but for now are there any liquids anyone suggests trying to dissolve them in?

Guest guest

I was fine after a few days with swallowing my meds as they were. And those first couple of weeks were awful and I was wondering what I'd done to myself, but 38 lbs later, there are no doubts...

From: ' Moller <widget1@...> Sent: Wed, May 4, 2011 1:24:08 AMSubject: Re: 1 week later

Hi I haven't had the surgery yet but I too am interested to hear this, considering I'm on ALOT of meds and 2 of them I can't crush. Hope this finds you well, or a bit better than you were a bit ago. Bit by bit, right?

`

1 week later

So it has been a week since surgery, four days since returning home from Mexicali. I offically hate liquids now, as I guess is expected. Pretty much everything tastes bad, but in a few short days I can move to full liquids and get some substance and new flavors at least. At first I really liked the Alpine Punch Isopure drinks but now they are just awful haha. I have however lost 27 pounds since starting the preop diet, so at least I can see some results.My only question is how people effectively took medications? I crush my pills but everything I try to take with them just turns out horrible. I suppose when I can have applesauce that would be the easiest way (like a dog) but for now are there any liquids anyone suggests trying to dissolve them in?

Guest guest

ooo thank you so much for letting me know! That's about the only worry I had left. I'm used to pain so I'm not scared of that. uhm..ok well the needles terrify me, but other than that I'm all good! ^_^

`

1 week later

Guest guest

Oh, you fit right in with the rest of us. WE ALL have thought what in the world have I done to myself??????? I really questioned that for a few days. It gets better and we start to drop the weight and then we know why we did this to ourselves--I light bulb moment!!!!

It is going to allow us to final reach our goal weight and be healthy and be able to maintain it for the rest of our lives. YEAH! I love seeing these comments because others will read them and say wow I felt the very same way.

Hugs,

Suzanne

In a message dated 5/4/2011 1:10:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, deedeemitchell@... writes:

I was fine after a few days with swallowing my meds as they were. And those first couple of weeks were awful and I was wondering what I'd done to myself, but 38 lbs later, there are no doubts...

From: ' Moller <widget1@...> Sent: Wed, May 4, 2011 1:24:08 AMSubject: Re: 1 week later

`

1 week later

Guest guest

I know what I'm going to do to myself and why and I'm happy about my decision. I know when I had my hysterectomy I was up and wandering around the newborns unit and then outside and then and then and then....walk walk walk, right? Fight through the pain, it's temporary and if you play your cards right, you'll get a lifetime of benefits! Now, when I type back to you from my hospital room and say "OMG wth did I do to myself?!?!!" y'all can remind me! LOL

`

1 week later

Guest guest

And the day after the surgery, my back was killing me...heating pad helped a lot. And don't wear an underwire bra. One of the incision sites is right there where the wire goes...

Just a little bit of advice! You'll do great..I just know it!

From: ' Moller <widget1@...> Sent: Thu, May 5, 2011 12:24:43 AMSubject: Re: 1 week later

I know what I'm going to do to myself and why and I'm happy about my decision. I know when I had my hysterectomy I was up and wandering around the newborns unit and then outside and then and then and then....walk walk walk, right? Fight through the pain, it's temporary and if you play your cards right, you'll get a lifetime of benefits! Now, when I type back to you from my hospital room and say "OMG wth did I do to myself?!?!!" y'all can remind me! LOL

`

1 week later

Guest guest

You too! Chin up and onward to a new life! Thanks for the info about the bra as well. Although I gotta tell ya, rocking a push-up bra while strolling those hall in my sexy hospital gown was tempting... LOL

`

1 week later

Guest guest

I'm 3 weeks out and my back is killing me.  Any connection to surgery or weight loss I wonder?

On May 5, 2011 3:48 PM, " & apos; Moller " <widget1@...> wrote:> You too! Chin up and onward to a new life! Thanks for the info about the bra as well. Although I gotta tell ya, rocking a push-up bra while strolling those hall in my sexy hospital gown was tempting... LOL

> `> > 1 week later> > > > So it has been a week since surgery, four days since returning home from Mexicali. I offically hate liquids now, as I guess is expected. Pretty much everything tastes bad, but in a few short days I can move to full liquids and get some substance and new flavors at least. At first I really liked the Alpine Punch Isopure drinks but now they are just awful haha. I have however lost 27 pounds since starting the preop diet, so at least I can see some results.

> > My only question is how people effectively took medications? I crush my pills but everything I try to take with them just turns out horrible. I suppose when I can have applesauce that would be the easiest way (like a dog) but for now are there any liquids anyone suggests trying to dissolve them in?

> > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Hi,

I never had any of those problems. Maybe other could speak about this. I hope that things get better for you.

Suzanne

In a message dated 5/5/2011 4:38:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, @... writes:

I'm 3 weeks out and my back is killing me. Any connection to surgery or weight loss I wonder?

On May 5, 2011 3:48 PM, " & apos; Moller" <widget1@...> wrote:> You too! Chin up and onward to a new life! Thanks for the info about the bra as well. Although I gotta tell ya, rocking a push-up bra while strolling those hall in my sexy hospital gown was tempting... LOL> `> > 1 week later> > > > So it has been a week since surgery, four days since returning home from Mexicali. I offically hate liquids now, as I guess is expected. Pretty much everything tastes bad, but in a few short days I can move to full liquids and get some substance and new flavors at least. At first I really liked the Alpine Punch Isopure drinks but now they are just awful haha. I have however lost 27 pounds since starting the preop diet, so at least I can see some results.> > My only question is how people effectively took medications? I crush my pills but everything I try to take with them just turns out horrible. I suppose when I can have applesauce that would be the easiest way (like a dog) but for now are there any liquids anyone suggests trying to dissolve them in?> > > > > > > >

Guest guest

,Is it your back or maybe your kidneys? A high protein diet makes those organs work harder and sometimes they can get sore. To my knowledge, drinking plenty of water helps. Now with the sleeve you will be sipping all day long.-DennisSent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®From: SuzanneSH@...Sender: Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 23:42:33 -0400 (EDT)< >Reply Subject: Re: 1 week later Hi, I never had any of those problems. Maybe other could speak about this. I hope that things get better for you. Suzanne In a message dated 5/5/2011 4:38:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, @... writes: I'm 3 weeks out and my back is killing me. Any connection to surgery or weight loss I wonder?On May 5, 2011 3:48 PM, " & apos; Moller" <widget1@...> wrote:> You too! Chin up and onward to a new life! Thanks for the info about the bra as well. Although I gotta tell ya, rocking a push-up bra while strolling those hall in my sexy hospital gown was tempting... LOL> `> > 1 week later> > > > So it has been a week since surgery, four days since returning home from Mexicali. I offically hate liquids now, as I guess is expected. Pretty much everything tastes bad, but in a few short days I can move to full liquids and get some substance and new flavors at least. At first I really liked the Alpine Punch Isopure drinks but now they are just awful haha. I have however lost 27 pounds since starting the preop diet, so at least I can see some results.> > My only question is how people effectively took medications? I crush my pills but everything I try to take with them just turns out horrible. I suppose when I can have applesauce that would be the easiest way (like a dog) but for now are there any liquids anyone suggests trying to dissolve them in?> > > > > > > >

Guest guest

I had HORRIBLE back pain at about 2-3 weeks out and I know it was from the

epidural. All 3 pregnancies I had the exact same pain after delivery. This too

will pass! Trust me, 10 months later, I weigh 131 pounds, down from 208, size 2

jeans. My prayers and dreams were answered! I love my sleeve!

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

I don't know about anyone else but I did not receive an epidural or spinal

anesthesia for this procedure.

>

> I had HORRIBLE back pain at about 2-3 weeks out and I know it was from the

epidural. All 3 pregnancies I had the exact same pain after delivery. This too

will pass! Trust me, 10 months later, I weigh 131 pounds, down from 208, size 2

jeans. My prayers and dreams were answered! I love my sleeve!

>

> Sent from my iPhone

>

Guest guest

oops! I think you meant to reply to DeeDee, I haven't had surgery yet, my back is fine!

`

1 week later> > > > So it has been a week since surgery, four days since returning home from Mexicali. I offically hate liquids now, as I guess is expected. Pretty much everything tastes bad, but in a few short days I can move to full liquids and get some substance and new flavors at least. At first I really liked the Alpine Punch Isopure drinks but now they are just awful haha. I have however lost 27 pounds since starting the preop diet, so at least I can see some results.> > My only question is how people effectively took medications? I crush my pills but everything I try to take with them just turns out horrible. I suppose when I can have applesauce that would be the easiest way (like a dog) but for now are there any liquids anyone suggests trying to dissolve them in?> > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Sometimes when we are moved on/off the table before or after surgery, we can inadvertently pull a muscle and feel sore from that.Sent from my iPodOn May 6, 2011, at 8:15 AM, dennispike@... wrote:

,Is it your back or maybe your kidneys? A high protein diet makes those organs work harder and sometimes they can get sore. To my knowledge, drinking plenty of water helps. Now with the sleeve you will be sipping all day long.-DennisSent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®From: SuzanneSH@...

Sender:

Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 23:42:33 -0400 (EDT)< >Reply

Subject: Re: 1 week later

Hi,

I never had any of those problems. Maybe other could speak about this. I hope that things get better for you.

Suzanne

In a message dated 5/5/2011 4:38:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, @... writes:

I'm 3 weeks out and my back is killing me. Any connection to surgery or weight loss I wonder?

On May 5, 2011 3:48 PM, " & apos; Moller" <widget1@...> wrote:> You too! Chin up and onward to a new life! Thanks for the info about the bra as well. Although I gotta tell ya, rocking a push-up bra while strolling those hall in my sexy hospital gown was tempting... LOL> `> > 1 week later> > > > So it has been a week since surgery, four days since returning home from Mexicali. I offically hate liquids now, as I guess is expected. Pretty much everything tastes bad, but in a few short days I can move to full liquids and get some substance and new flavors at least. At first I really liked the Alpine Punch Isopure drinks but now they are just awful haha. I have however lost 27 pounds since starting the preop diet, so at least I can see some results.> > My only question is how people effectively took medications? I crush my pills but everything I try to take with them just turns out horrible. I suppose when I can have applesauce that would be the easiest way (like a dog) but for now are there any liquids anyone suggests trying to dissolve them in?> > > > > > > >

Guest guest

I received an epidural. I was the only one that received an epidural during the 3 days that I was in the hospital. I don't know why I got it and others didn't. It was great for controling my pain. I had had epidurals before for child birth. I didn't have any back pain associated with it. No problems before, during or after surgery.

Suzanne had mentioned saving money. I can't really say that I've saved so much money. I'm not complaining, it's just an observation. I have spent money on protein powders, the higher quality products cost more. I have spent money on sugar free syrups, suppliments are costly too. I have opted for the B-12 shot monthly, and my insurance pays for it so I would recommend that to anyone pre-, post or non surgical folks.

I had the surgery at 43, now 44, the real savings will be in never having high blood pressure, never having diabetes, or anyother weight related illness.

No regrets on the money spent. I just wish I had a plastic funds now to get rid of the extra skin.

Krista S.

Guest guest

Yes you have to spend money to get the results you want. The most money spent

will be for week 1 + 2. And think how much you spent to get yourself in the

position to need surgery? right? and the long term health problems you would be

having in the future if you did not take these important steps now. Trust

me--YOU saved alot of money.

>

> I received an epidural. I was the only one that received an epidural during

the 3 days that I was in the hospital. I don't know why I got it and others

didn't. It was great for controling my pain. I had had epidurals before for

child birth. I didn't have any back pain associated with it. No problems

before, during or after surgery.

>

> Suzanne had mentioned saving money. I can't really say that I've saved so

much money. I'm not complaining, it's just an observation. I have spent money

on protein powders, the higher quality products cost more. I have spent money

on sugar free syrups, suppliments are costly too. I have opted for the B-12

shot monthly, and my insurance pays for it so I would recommend that to anyone

pre-, post or non surgical folks.

>

> I had the surgery at 43, now 44, the real savings will be in never having high

blood pressure, never having diabetes, or anyother weight related illness.

>

> No regrets on the money spent. I just wish I had a plastic funds now to get

rid of the extra skin.

> Krista S.

>