RemedySpot.com

surgery

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Debbie,This group is not about approval or disapproval. You have come here to look for help and guidance in your fight against cancer.You have chosen surgery for your own reasons. Please be advised that when a cancer is cut out that it can trigger dormant cancer that has drifted to other areas (metastasis) to begin their own growth. (someone here who can explain this better, please feel free to jump in)If it was me and I had a cancer, I would go with budwig full bore. I have diabetes and use the budwig protocol to help me with that condition. If I could do any one thing, it would be the Budwig Protocol. Even though you will be having the surgery, please consider using the budwig protocol up until and after surgery to help keep the cancer from springing up in another part of

your body.Regards, BastidaFrom: debbie williamson <deb54@...>Subject: Fw: surgeryiodine Date: Saturday, February 6, 2010, 9:05 AM

Hi everyone:

Consultation with surgeon in Philadelphia went extremely well.

I have a surgery date of Feb 16.

This is the decision I feel I can live with...I know many of you will disapprove.. .but I have my reasons..many reasons. The rest I will put in God's hands.

That does not mean I am not cleaning up my diet and planning to take what supplements I can afford to take....and I need and will need some guidance with this....I hope you will all still be here for me...

Thanks for your support and being here...I'll be back. LOL

Debbie Ann

What about taking Tyrosine and Thyrotrophin PMG by Standard Process. Try everything you can to avoid surgery.JagFrom: debbie williamson <deb54@...>Subject: Fw: surgeryiodinegroups (DOT) comDate: Saturday, February 6, 2010, 9:05 AM

Hi everyone:

This is the decision I feel I can live with...I know many of you will disapprove.. .but I have my reasons..many reasons. The rest I will put in God's hands.

That does not mean I am not cleaning up my diet and planning to take what supplements I can afford to take....and I need and will need some guidance with this....I hope you will all still be here for me...

Thanks for your support and being here...I'll be back. LOL

Debbie Ann

Also take vitamin D to help prevent the spread of cancer. I have been taking 8000 a day to fight RA pain. PamOn Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Jag Jag <jaguarundi21@...> wrote:

What about taking Tyrosine and Thyrotrophin PMG by Standard Process. Try everything you can to avoid surgery.

Jag

From: debbie williamson <deb54@...>Subject: Fw: surgeryiodinegroups (DOT) com

Date: Saturday, February 6, 2010, 9:05 AM

Hi everyone:

This is the decision I feel I can live with...I know many of you will disapprove.. .but I have my reasons..many reasons.  The rest I will put in God's hands.

Thanks for your support and being here...I'll be back. LOL

Debbie Ann

Also take vitamin D to help prevent the spread of cancer. I have been taking 8000 a day to fight RA pain. PamOn Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Jag Jag <jaguarundi21@...> wrote:

What about taking Tyrosine and Thyrotrophin PMG by Standard Process. Try everything you can to avoid surgery.

Jag

From: debbie williamson <deb54@...>Subject: Fw: surgeryiodinegroups (DOT) com

Date: Saturday, February 6, 2010, 9:05 AM

Hi everyone:

This is the decision I feel I can live with...I know many of you will disapprove.. .but I have my reasons..many reasons.  The rest I will put in God's hands.

Thanks for your support and being here...I'll be back. LOL

Debbie Ann

Yes, :

We are slowing killing ourselves....chemicals everywhere.

Would have been nice to live in earlier years....but we don't.

I was surprised to find out about the bromide...especially how it is in our cars, computers, furniture, etc...

Another factor with me is I lived very close to Three Mile Island when they had their "little" accident...and have lived in the eastern PA area for all but six years of my life....I'm in the "nuclear reactor belt".....

Thanks for your comments.

Debbie Ann

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Debbie,

You can ask. I myself was out before I ever left my room. Not sure I

even started counting backwards. LOL

Quote of the nanosecond. . .

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

--

& Dreamer Doll ke7nwn

E-mail-

rclark0276@...

Home Page-

http://webpages.charter.net/dog_guide/

Surgery

Another ? please...

When in pre-op going to operating room do you need to inform Dr. or

anesthesiologist you want to go to sleep before OR or what? I read a blog

where a woman got herself on the table and saw everything going on in OR

until she fell asleep. I specifically don't want to see OR...

Have a great day!

Debbie Cole

,___

Guest guest

I guess I never thought of it.  They want you awake pre-op so they can

converse with you to make sure you know what you are there for, you are still

giving permission to do surgery on you, and that you tell them, and mark the

side they are going to do surgery on to protect them from making a mistake (like

putting the implant in your foot, or some dumb thing like that---LOL).  When I

was rolled into the operating room it was quite fascinating to see all the

nurses bustling about getting ready, and then seeing the surgeon again right

before they put me out.  I felt very comforted, and very trusting as they put

me under. 

But, I'm sure, if you are very nervous about it, it would be a very good idea

for you to talk to the surgeon and the anesthesiologist about it.  They may

have made concessions for people before, and maybe could do so for you.  They

will want you to feel very comfortable. 

Sent: Mon, March 22, 2010 7:37:41 PM

Subject: Surgery

Another ? please...

anesthesiologist you want to go to sleep before OR or what?  I read a blog

where a woman got herself on the table  and saw everything going on in OR until

she fell asleep.  I specifically don't want to see OR...

Have a great day!

Debbie Cole

,___

Guest guest

Hi Debbie

If you are feeling nervous, they can give you a pre op med, usually valium if

you are feeling overly nervous, but they definatly won,t put you out untill you

are transfered to the table,as that is where the ventilator is situated and you

will neet to be intubated as soon as the anasthetic takes affect to help you

breath, you wont feel this and it will be out before they bring you around

again, best to tell the attending nurse when you book in or at the pre admission

clinic that you are feeling anxious so that can help you out.

Good luck

Neil

Subject: Re: Surgery

Received: Tuesday, 23 March, 2010, 1:43 PM

I guess I never thought of it.  They want you awake pre-op so they can

side they are going to do surgery on to protect them from making a mistake (like

me under. 

But, I'm sure, if you are very nervous about it, it would be a very good idea

____________ _________ _________ __

groups (DOT) com

Sent: Mon, March 22, 2010 7:37:41 PM

Subject: Surgery

Another ? please...

Have a great day!

Debbie Cole

,___

Guest guest

Debbie,

when i had open heart surgery they put me out just before i went into OR. since

then i've had a number of other surgeries, and they kept me conscious until i

was in the OR and lying on the table. i was very apprehensive, as you are, but

wasn't bad (possibly because i asked for at least a mild tranquillizer). OR

people were very supportive, and OR not as scary as i expected. one tip: some

hospitals have a person on staff to help deaf/heard-of-hearing patients. they

usually don't volunteer this. you have to ask. for my CI surgery, someone came

into OR with me and wrote instructions, soothing words etc on a white board so i

could understand easily. helped enormously. best of luck...whatever happens, i'm

sure you'll be fine. but definitely ask for whatever you need to be at ease.

>

> From: Kinsella <jmkinsella55@...>

> Subject: Re: Surgery

>

> Received: Tuesday, 23 March, 2010, 1:43 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I guess I never thought of it.  They want you awake pre-op so they can

me under. 

>

>

>

> But, I'm sure, if you are very nervous about it, it would be a very good idea

>

>  

>

>

>

> ____________ _________ _________ __

>

> From: DEBORAH COLE <deborah_anne419>

>

> groups (DOT) com

>

> Sent: Mon, March 22, 2010 7:37:41 PM

>

> Subject: Surgery

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> Another ? please...

>

>

>

> When in pre-op going to operating room do you need to inform Dr. or

>

> Have a great day!

>

>

>

> Debbie Cole

>

>

>

> ,___

>

>

>

>

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

I've always had 'issues' with this too. My trick was a 'gianormous' bite

of something like a peanut-butter & jelly sandwich. Chew it up somewhat

and then just before swallowing I'd stick the pill in and then mush the

pill into the other stuff with my tongue and swallow. It usually went

down. I often looked slightly down while I did it. I know ... he's

three. The other option ... will the doc let you use a pill crusher? You

can get them at the pharmacy. Then you're a spoonful of pudding or

applesauce away from pay dirt.

All the best,

Matt

janetmunro3@... wrote:

>

> Hi all!

> I am happy to report that my 3 year old son had his C-toma surgery on

> friday. It was smaller than expected so they only had to do a

> tympanoplasty. The dr said that we probably will not need a second

> look surgery. My only issue now I that he won't take his post-op

> antibiotic! I think he is on to me when I try to hide it in something.

> And when I hold him down he gets only half and I worry about his ear

> drum not healing.

> Janet- post op day #4

> Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

>

>

--

Guest guest

HI Janet,-my 11 year old ended up with just a typanoplasty too as no cholesteatoma was found-usually dr's need a "second look" for all c-toma's-are you sure he had one? You'll know by finding out if anything got sent to pathology-any material that comes out of the ear HAS to go to pathology....we didn't get a round of antibiotics-just painkillers-and he never needed those-and he healed just fine-does your little guy have gauze packing that the dr. will take out in a couple of weeks or so? Denna Poulos

From: "janetmunro3@..." <janetmunro3@...>cholesteatoma Sent: Tue, April 20, 2010 1:09:35 PMSubject: Surgery

Hi all!I am happy to report that my 3 year old son had his C-toma surgery on friday. It was smaller than expected so they only had to do a tympanoplasty. The dr said that we probably will not need a second look surgery. My only issue now I that he won't take his post-op antibiotic! I think he is on to me when I try to hide it in something. And when I hold him down he gets only half and I worry about his ear drum not healing. Janet- post op day #4Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Guest guest

Yes, he did have a small ctoma. The dr said that it was small and the boarders were "good" so that he thought a second surgery would not be neccesarry. History: they found his by looking at the ear drum- no symptoms. we will see. He did say that he has a 5year plan to follow up with us. Maybe that means a ct scan every year. JanetSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: Denna Poulos <supermom1@...>Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:35:15 -0700 (PDT)<cholesteatoma >Subject: Re: Surgery HI Janet,-my 11 year old ended up with just a typanoplasty too as no cholesteatoma was found-usually dr's need a "second look" for all c-toma's-are you sure he had one? You'll know by finding out if anything got sent to pathology-any material that comes out of the ear HAS to go to pathology....we didn't get a round of antibiotics-just painkillers-and he never needed those-and he healed just fine-does your little guy have gauze packing that the dr. will take out in a couple of weeks or so? Denna Poulos From: "janetmunro3 " <janetmunro3 >cholesteatoma Sent: Tue, April 20, 2010 1:09:35 PMSubject: Surgery Hi all!I am happy to report that my 3 year old son had his C-toma surgery on friday. It was smaller than expected so they only had to do a tympanoplasty. The dr said that we probably will not need a second look surgery. My only issue now I that he won't take his post-op antibiotic! I think he is on to me when I try to hide it in something. And when I hold him down he gets only half and I worry about his ear drum not healing. Janet- post op day #4Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Guest guest

If it is small they dont remove it?What if it grows?Do they only remove it if it grows and causes probs?Do you have to go for CT scans every say 6mths to a year to make sure its not grown?Or do they assume that if you dont "feel" any discomfort or experience any nerve damage / hearing loss then you dont need to?My child is only 22mths andwouldnt be able to tell me if he felt any hearing loss or tinnitus/vestibular damage etcling From: Denna Poulos <supermom1@...>cholesteatoma Sent: Wed, 21 April, 2010 7:35:15 AMSubject: Re: Surgery

HI Janet,-my 11 year old ended up with just a typanoplasty too as no cholesteatoma was found-usually dr's need a "second look" for all c-toma's-are you sure he had one? You'll know by finding out if anything got sent to pathology-any material that comes out of the ear HAS to go to pathology... .we didn't get a round of antibiotics- just painkillers- and he never needed those-and he healed just fine-does your little guy have gauze packing that the dr. will take out in a couple of weeks or so? Denna Poulos

From: "janetmunro3" <janetmunro3>cholesteatomaSent: Tue, April 20, 2010 1:09:35 PMSubject: Surgery

Hi all!I am happy to report that my 3 year old son had his C-toma surgery on friday. It was smaller than expected so they only had to do a tympanoplasty. The dr said that we probably will not need a second look surgery. My only issue now I that he won't take his post-op antibiotic! I think he is on to me when I try to hide it in something. And when I hold him down he gets only half and I worry about his ear drum not healing. Janet- post op day #4Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Guest guest

Kids these days are lucky that most of antibiotics etc are in tasty syrup form, as compared to when i was kid.

He must take antibiotics for early healing

Good luck

Arun

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 10:39 PM, <janetmunro3@...> wrote:

Hi all!I am happy to report that my 3 year old son had his C-toma surgery on friday. It was smaller than expected so they only had to do a tympanoplasty. The dr said that we probably will not need a second look surgery. My only issue now I that he won't take his post-op antibiotic! I think he is on to me when I try to hide it in something. And when I hold him down he gets only half and I worry about his ear drum not healing.

Janet- post op day #4 Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Guest guest

On the odd occasion when my kids needed medication I'd use a small syringe and squirt it directly into the back of the throat followed by quickly offering them a tasty milk drink, like chocolate milk. They have never had an issue taking meds.

On 21 April 2010 03:28, Arun Gupta <drarunjind@...> wrote:

Kids these days are lucky that most of antibiotics etc are in tasty syrup form, as compared to when i was kid.

He must take antibiotics for early healing

Good luck

Arun

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 10:39 PM, <janetmunro3@...> wrote:

Hi all!I am happy to report that my 3 year old son had his C-toma surgery on friday. It was smaller than expected so they only had to do a tympanoplasty. The dr said that we probably will not need a second look surgery. My only issue now I that he won't take his post-op antibiotic! I think he is on to me when I try to hide it in something. And when I hold him down he gets only half and I worry about his ear drum not healing.

Janet- post op day #4 Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-- Jane Fraser(Note that I no longer use janeweideman@...)

Guest guest

C Toma,even if small must be taken out. Some time simple suction can do it. BUT one   must keep a check to know if it recurs?

Arun

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 5:49 AM, L Teo <lingyingteo@...> wrote:

If it is small they dont remove it?What if it grows?Do they only remove it if it grows and causes probs?Do you have to go for CT scans every say 6mths to a year to make sure its not grown?

Or do they assume that if you dont " feel " any discomfort or experience any nerve damage / hearing loss then you dont need to?My child is only 22mths andwouldnt be able to tell me if he felt any hearing loss or tinnitus/vestibular damage etc

ling 

Sent: Wed, 21 April, 2010 7:35:15 AMSubject: Re: Surgery 

HI Janet,-my 11 year old ended up with just a typanoplasty too as no cholesteatoma was found-usually dr's need a " second look " for all c-toma's-are you sure he had one? You'll know by finding out if anything got sent to pathology-any material that comes out of the ear HAS to go to pathology... .we didn't get a round of antibiotics- just painkillers- and he never needed those-and he healed just fine-does your little guy have gauze packing that the dr. will take out in a couple of weeks or so?

Denna Poulos

Sent: Tue, April 20, 2010 1:09:35 PMSubject: Surgery

Janet- post op day #4Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry 

Guest guest

Thanks Arun...that;s what i thought too that having a ctoma there no matter how small is a risk.The only contraindication i could think of was if a person is in their 60 or older and its high risk to do surgery and the likelihood that it grows is low considering theyre in their 60s or older and its had a whole lifetime to grow!!Ling From: Arun Gupta <drarunjind@...>To:

cholesteatoma Sent: Thu, 22 April, 2010 9:16:27 AMSubject: Re: Surgery

C Toma,even if small must be taken out. Some time simple suction can do it. BUT one must keep a check to know if it recurs?

Arun

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 5:49 AM, L Teo <lingyingteo@ .co. nz> wrote:

If it is small they dont remove it?What if it grows?Do they only remove it if it grows and causes probs?Do you have to go for CT scans every say 6mths to a year to make sure its not grown?

Or do they assume that if you dont "feel" any discomfort or experience any nerve damage / hearing loss then you dont need to?My child is only 22mths andwouldnt be able to tell me if he felt any hearing loss or tinnitus/vestibular damage etc

ling

From: Denna Poulos <supermom1rogers (DOT) com>cholesteatoma

Sent: Wed, 21 April, 2010 7:35:15 AMSubject: Re: Surgery

HI Janet,-my 11 year old ended up with just a typanoplasty too as no cholesteatoma was found-usually dr's need a "second look" for all c-toma's-are you sure he had one? You'll know by finding out if anything got sent to pathology-any material that comes out of the ear HAS to go to pathology... .we didn't get a round of antibiotics- just painkillers- and he never needed those-and he healed just fine-does your little guy have gauze packing that the dr. will take out in a couple of weeks or so?

Denna Poulos

Sent: Tue, April 20, 2010 1:09:35 PMSubject: Surgery

Janet- post op day #4Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Guest guest

I haven't heard from her at all, but funny you should mention it because

just this morning I was reading some posts and I was thinking we haven't

heard from her yet.

Of ronmarch2712

Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2010 1:26 PM

achalasia

Subject: surgery

in NY or in NC have you heard how is doing after her

ectomy April 8 with Dr. Rice .. Thanks Ron

Guest guest

Hey Ron - I haven't heard anything either but come to think of it - how are you

and what did you decide? Maybe I just missed it if you told us where you decided

to go and have you already had your surgery?

'enquiring minds want to know...'

~ in NC

>

> I haven't heard from her at all, but funny you should mention it because

> just this morning I was reading some posts and I was thinking we haven't

> heard from her yet.

>

>

>

> From: achalasia [mailto:achalasia ] On Behalf

> Of ronmarch2712

> Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2010 1:26 PM

> achalasia

> Subject: surgery

>

>

>

>

>

> in NY or in NC have you heard how is doing after her

> ectomy April 8 with Dr. Rice .. Thanks Ron

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I am trying to have it done in the fall by Dr. Rice. At this time I need to lose

20 more pounds before he will consider me for surgery.

> >

> > I haven't heard from her at all, but funny you should mention it because

> > just this morning I was reading some posts and I was thinking we haven't

> > heard from her yet.

> >

> >

> >

> > From: achalasia [mailto:achalasia ] On Behalf

> > Of ronmarch2712

> > Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2010 1:26 PM

> > achalasia

> > Subject: surgery

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > in NY or in NC have you heard how is doing after her

> > ectomy April 8 with Dr. Rice .. Thanks Ron

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Hello! I just wanted to post a quick update about my surgery on April 8th. It

went well and I actually came home to Colorado this week. I mostly feel okay-

the worst part is lack of energy and the feeding tube. I hate it- but I am

trying to be patient. I am going back to Cleveland on May 14th to have an

endoscopy and hopefully start clear liquids. Dr. Rice said that about 3 weeks

after that I can have my feeding tube removed. Is this a similar time schedule

to what you all followed?

The only weird post surgery side effect is that I seem to be getting air stuck

in my system- like I am burping a lot. Not big beer belly burps but just little

ones. It doesn't hurt but is annoying and uncomfortable. I am hoping that once i

start eating that will go away. I know that some people have a lot of trouble

with =different foods (fats/sugars) so hopefully I will speak to a nutrition

person when I am at the hospital.

Any recovery recommendations?

Thanks for thinking of me!

* (in Colorado)

>

> I haven't heard from her at all, but funny you should mention it because

> just this morning I was reading some posts and I was thinking we haven't

> heard from her yet.

>

>

>

> From: achalasia [mailto:achalasia ] On Behalf

> Of ronmarch2712

> Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2010 1:26 PM

> achalasia

> Subject: surgery

>

>

>

>

>

> in NY or in NC have you heard how is doing after her

> ectomy April 8 with Dr. Rice .. Thanks Ron

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

glad you are doing well. Keep it up. When you feal better I would like to

talk to you some time about the surgery. Ron

> >

> > heard from her yet.

> >

> >

> >

> > Of ronmarch2712

> > achalasia

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

glad you are doing well. When you feel like it I would like to talk to

you some time. Ron

> >

> > heard from her yet.

> >

> >

> >

> > Of ronmarch2712

> > achalasia

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Good for you Jan. Wishing you a successful surgery and recovery.Beth in OKOn May 10, 2010, at 9:00 PM, Jan B wrote:

After 8 years of increasing pain and difficulty I have found a doctor I trust and will have surgery this Friday. I will have a lumbar laminectomy by micro dissection. It is on outpatient procedure. I am told that the relief from pain will be quick and complete but return of normal neurological function will take from 6 to 18 months and may not occur at all. Wish me luck. I have seen several doctors and this doctor is the first I feel confident about. Funny thing is since I scheduled the surgery I have had very little pain or discomfort. Go figure.Jan B

Hug your kids. Tell them you love them. No one is immortal.