RemedySpot.com

New here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I can only guess that you have not been to Dr. Aceves' website. Check out www.lapband4you.com and you will see his credentials, photos of the hospital, etc. As I recall, it also offers options for paying for the surgery (loans).

From: goodnessgracie1965 <goodnessgracie1965>Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] new here @groups. comDate: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 1:35 PM

hello everyone - my name is Gracie and I am interested in finding out about the band or sleeve. my friend had one from a doctor in mexico and she wasn't too happy about him, but said there were others out there. please let me know if you can tell me about your sergeries and I can make my choice. I need to lose about 125 pnds and am 5 feet tall. I want to get helthy and fit.thank you.

Hi Gracie,My name is and I was sleeved by Dr. Aceves on November 4, 2008. I have nothing but good things to say about him and his staff. All the docs are wonderful. They have a great bed side manner and are very caring and understanding. The hospital is wonderful. The staff is great. There is a little bit of a language barrier, but it is not bad and I had no problem making myself understood.I chose the sleeve because it is not as invasive as the gastric by-pass surgery, which was my first choice. It has no after care like the band and it was a permanent fix. I don't have to worry about finding a doctor in my area to do fills and unfills. It just seemed the best choice for me.At the time of my surgery the band was $7,500, the sleeve was $9,500 and gastric by-pass was $12,500.I don't know what the prices will be when and if you choose to do it. I got financing through a company that Nina ( she is the surgery coordinator and will help you by answering any questions you have and by setting up things for you.) I was not able to get enough money to pay for the entire amount by myself, but my husband also got a loan from the same company and put me on as a user so I was able to pay for the entire thing with loans. If I had had the surgery in the states it would have cost me in the neighborhood of $30,000. I have insurance, but it was a real hassle to get approval and I just decided to pay for it myself. By going to Mexico, It only cost me a couple thousand more than it would have cost even with my insurance paying for the surgery. I would have still had to pay some of the cost and for after visits to a nutritionist and a psychiatrist. I did not have to do that with going to Mexico.I have lost 32 pounds so far and am already feeling better. I have joined a support group in my area called TOPS ( take off pounds sensibly) and I plan to ask my family doctor if he will s4end to me a nutritionist that serves people with weight loss surgery. I have a lot of weight to loose. I weighed 315 pounds before surgery and am 5 foot 6 inches tall. My goal weight is 140. That is a loss of 175 pounds. That is why the support group and the nutritionist seems to be a good idea for me.If there is anything else I can answer for you, I will be happy to do it. If you wish to contact me you may privately atdeejacobs@... or d.jacobs87@...> > > Thank youy for your reply. my friend is having problems with her band> > and she has gone to the doctor in TJ five times to get the fill fixed. But> > she is losing weight. the sleeve is somethig i might think about but what is> > the differnece? do you lose weight faster with the sleeve? Do you have any> > problems with the sleeve? Is it more money?> >> > How did you pay for the sergery? I will have to take a loan out to get the> > money but i want to get healthy and feel better.> >> > thank you for your help. Gracie> >> > ------------------------------> > *From:* "SuzanneSH@..." SuzanneSH@...> > *To:* > > *Sent:* Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:09:52 PM> > *Subject:* Re: new here> >> > Hi Gracie,> >> > Welcome to this sight and there are quite a few people who will reply to> > you. Watch the postings. It is a personal choice between the lap band or> > the sleeve. I went back and forth for quite a few months. I spent time on> > the Internet researching and educating myself. Then I got on here and> > started asking all kinds of questions from the people who were on this> > site and this site really was great and it allowed me make the right choice> > for myself. I chose the sleeve and I am thrilled I did. For me it was> > permanent kind of surgery and was by far the best thing for me. Once it was> > done, it was something I could live with for the rest of my life. It was my> > tool to allow me to lose about 90 pounds that I wanted to lose. I had no> > after care required once I had the surgery like you do with the lap band.> >> > With the lap band I felt it required a lot of after care and constant care> > forever. There are times when you need to have it filled and then I have> > heard them talking about unfilled. And once you come home from Mexicali you> > will need to have a doctor in your area who is willing to do this for you.> > There is also the cost of the fill and unfill and they are in the range of> > $200.00 to $300.00 every time. Yes, the cost of the surgery is less with> > the lap band vs the sleeve. But, these are just the facts that I know and I> > want you to make the choice that is best for you.> >> > I believe in my heart that you will not find a doctor any place better than> > Dr. Aceves and his staff--most all of the nurses speak English and all the> > Doctors I saw did. Their hospital is a private hospital in Mexicali and it> > is amazing-small 35 beds. I asked a question once on this site--Didn't your> > families all think you were crazy going to Mexicali to have this surgery?> > They all came back at me with such GREAT things to say about these doctors> > and how clean the hospital was and what great care they got when there were> > there for the surgery. And were they ever right. I think I would rather> > have the Doctors in Mexicali do any surgery on me than any doctor here in> > the US. I have been to some hospitals here in the US and got an infection> > from the hospital--that is pretty common knowledge her in the US Their> > standards are far better than anything the US has to offer you.> >> > Please contact Nina at the hospital and ask anything you want. She is> > great and will get back to your pretty fast. nina_eguia (DOT) comnina_eguia@...> > I hope that helped, please keep coming back and reading the postings and> > ask any question that you have. Nina will be happy to send you all kinds of> > information as an attachment to your E-mail and the attachments will answer> > so many of your question. Congratulations on making a choice to change your> > life. You with never have any regrets for doing this. It has changed so> > many of our lives.> >> > Take care,> > Suzanne> >> > 217 184 125> > Start Now Goal> >> >> > In a message dated 12/18/2008 2:42:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,> > goodnessgracie1965 writes:> >> > hello everyone - my name is Gracie and I am interested in finding out> > about the band or sleeve. my friend had one from a doctor in mexico> > and she wasn't too happy about him, but said there were others out> > there.> >> > please let me know if you can tell me about your sergeries and I can> > make my choice. I need to lose about 125 pnds and am 5 feet tall. I> > want to get helthy and fit.> >> > thank you.> >> >> >> >> > ------------------------------> > One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and > > Mail. Try it now<http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025>> > .> >> > > >>

Gracie:

I am glad that you are asking so many good questions! There are some wonderful people on this board who have a lot of experience and some are newer like me. I had my sleeve 6 months ago and have lost around 60 lbs. I say around because I have been eating cookies lately and haven't weighed myself. Yes, I know that is not a good idea, but around the holidays, it seems that I get overwhelmed with the aroma of baked goods. So, anyway, I have to keep working at getting good foods in my body and keeping away from the not so healthy garbage.

If you are worried about taking off work, most people have taken off anywhere from 2-3 days to two weeks. I was able to go back to work, but I have a flexible job and can come and go. But a lot of people seemed to be okay after just one week.....even a few days. I didn't have any pain associated with surgery and felt fine, but I could tell my body was tired and needed the rest after major surgery. Mostly, this is very little pain (for me) others might experience a little more but Dr. Aceves gives great pain medication and the anti-acid pills to take. You learn to eat small, small, bites and chew very slowly.

I didn't even like certain foods after surgery that I used to love. I still like the smell of spicy food, but it just doesn't sit well with my stomach. How is your friend doing with her band (you said she got a band right?) Has she had to change her eating habits? Is she on a liquid diet? If she is, you will be on a similar liquid diet for the first 10 days, then 10 days of protein drinks or shakes and then the mushie stage of more pureed foods. The first month is the hardest, but you learn so much about the food and your body during that stage.

I love that I can't eat very much and am not really hungry. Of course, now that I am six months away from surgery, I can eat more and do have a bit more room. So, as Bipley and other wise sleevesters have said, take advantage of the first six months to lose as much as possible....after that, it gets harder to lose.

Feel free to write or post questions anytime!

Warmly,

Gail

From: Grace St. Onge <goodnessgracie1965@...>Subject: Re: new here Date: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 10:08 PM

Thank you i would really like to know what you had done and how you are feelin after sergery. i guess i need to know what to expect and how long i migth have to take off work.

Thank you for your reply. Gracie

From: "glander_33" <glander_33 (DOT) com> @groups. comSent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:05:19 PMSubject: Re: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] new here

GraciI have the sleeved just done I can give you my shortime exp. Email is icuncubaaol (DOT) com Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: "goodnessgracie1965 " Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:35:45 -0000< @groups. com>Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] new here

hello everyone - my name is Gracie and I am interested in finding out about the band or sleeve. my friend had one from a doctor in mexico and she wasn't too happy about him, but said there were others out there. please let me know if you can tell me about your sergeries and I can make my choice. I need to lose about 125 pnds and am 5 feet tall. I want to get helthy and fit.thank you.

Thank you Gail for helping me. i am getting excited about the new sergery and maybe this will finally work for me. i think there will always be a miracle of some kind in a pill and then they don't work. so maybe this time, i can look at the band and sleeve and get the money so they can work for me to. it is very nice to read about so many people who this is working for.

Thank you.

Gracie

From: Gail <sweetsmile1955@...> Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 12:24:25 PMSubject: Re: new here

Gracie:

I am glad that you are asking so many good questions! There are some wonderful people on this board who have a lot of experience and some are newer like me. I had my sleeve 6 months ago and have lost around 60 lbs. I say around because I have been eating cookies lately and haven't weighed myself. Yes, I know that is not a good idea, but around the holidays, it seems that I get overwhelmed with the aroma of baked goods. So, anyway, I have to keep working at getting good foods in my body and keeping away from the not so healthy garbage.

If you are worried about taking off work, most people have taken off anywhere from 2-3 days to two weeks. I was able to go back to work, but I have a flexible job and can come and go. But a lot of people seemed to be okay after just one week.....even a few days. I didn't have any pain associated with surgery and felt fine, but I could tell my body was tired and needed the rest after major surgery. Mostly, this is very little pain (for me) others might experience a little more but Dr. Aceves gives great pain medication and the anti-acid pills to take. You learn to eat small, small, bites and chew very slowly.

I didn't even like certain foods after surgery that I used to love. I still like the smell of spicy food, but it just doesn't sit well with my stomach. How is your friend doing with her band (you said she got a band right?) Has she had to change her eating habits? Is she on a liquid diet? If she is, you will be on a similar liquid diet for the first 10 days, then 10 days of protein drinks or shakes and then the mushie stage of more pureed foods. The first month is the hardest, but you learn so much about the food and your body during that stage.

I love that I can't eat very much and am not really hungry. Of course, now that I am six months away from surgery, I can eat more and do have a bit more room. So, as Bipley and other wise sleevesters have said, take advantage of the first six months to lose as much as possible.... after that, it gets harder to lose.

Feel free to write or post questions anytime!

Warmly,

Gail

From: Grace St. Onge <goodnessgracie1965>Subject: Re: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] new here @groups. comDate: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 10:08 PM

Thank you i would really like to know what you had done and how you are feelin after sergery. i guess i need to know what to expect and how long i migth have to take off work.

Thank you for your reply. Gracie

From: "glander_33" <glander_33 (DOT) com> @groups. comSent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:05:19 PMSubject: Re: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] new here

GraciI have the sleeved just done I can give you my shortime exp. Email is icuncubaaol (DOT) com Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: "goodnessgracie1965 " Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:35:45 -0000< @groups. com>Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] new here

Thank you . that is not as expensive as some of the hospitals in the US. that is not so bad and i have told my friend about the different sergery and she didn't know a bout it and was now thinking maybe she should have had the sleeve insted.

Thank you for your help.

Gracie

From: deez_3_dogs <d.jacobs87@...> Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 8:00:39 AMSubject: Re: new here

Hi Gracie,My name is and I was sleeved by Dr. Aceves on November 4, 2008. I have nothing but good things to say about him and his staff. All the docs are wonderful. They have a great bed side manner and are very caring and understanding. The hospital is wonderful. The staff is great. There is a little bit of a language barrier, but it is not bad and I had no problem making myself understood.I chose the sleeve because it is not as invasive as the gastric by-pass

surgery, which was my first choice. It has no after care like the band and it was a permanent fix. I don't have to worry about finding a doctor in my area to do fills and unfills. It just seemed the best choice for me.At the time of my surgery the band was $7,500, the sleeve was $9,500 and gastric by-pass was $12,500.I don't know what the prices will be when and if you choose to do it. I got financing through a company that Nina ( she is the surgery coordinator and will help you by answering any questions you have and by setting up things for you.) I was not able to get enough money to pay for the entire amount by myself, but my husband also got a loan from the same company and put me on as a user so I was able to pay for the entire thing with loans. If I had had the surgery in the states it would have cost me in the neighborhood of $30,000. I have insurance, but it was a real hassle to get approval and I just decided to pay for it myself. By going to Mexico, It only cost me a couple thousand more than it would have cost even with my insurance paying for the surgery. I would have still had to pay some of the cost and for after visits to a nutritionist and a psychiatrist. I did not have to do that with going to Mexico.I have lost 32 pounds so far and am already feeling better. I have joined a support group in my area called TOPS ( take off pounds sensibly) and I plan to ask my family doctor if he will s4end to me a nutritionist that serves people with weight loss surgery. I have a lot of weight to loose. I weighed 315 pounds before surgery and am 5 foot 6 inches tall. My goal weight is 140. That is a loss of 175 pounds. That is why the support group and the nutritionist seems to be a good idea for me.If there is anything else I can answer for you, I will be happy to do it. If you wish to contact me you may privately atdeejacobsalltel (DOT) net or d.jacobs87gmail (DOT) com> > > Thank youy for your reply. my friend is having problems with her band> > and she has gone to the doctor in TJ five times to get the fill fixed. But> > she is losing weight. the sleeve is somethig i might think about but what is> > the differnece? do you lose weight faster with the sleeve? Do you have any> > problems with the sleeve? Is it more money?> >> > How did you pay for the sergery? I will have to take a loan out to get the> > money but i want to get healthy and feel better.> >> > thank you for your help. Gracie> >> > ------------ --------- ---------> > *From:* "SuzanneSH@. .." SuzanneSH@.. .> > *To:*

@groups. com> > *Sent:* Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:09:52 PM> > *Subject:* Re: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] new here> >> > Hi Gracie,> >> > Welcome to this sight and there are quite a few people who will reply to> > you. Watch the postings. It is a personal choice between the lap band or> > the sleeve. I went back and forth for quite a few months. I spent time on> > the Internet researching and educating myself. Then I got on here and> > started asking all kinds of questions from the people who were on this> > site and this site really was great and it allowed me make the right choice> > for myself. I chose the sleeve and I am thrilled I did. For me it was> > permanent kind of surgery and was by far the best thing for me. Once it was> > done, it was something I could live with for the rest of my life. It was

my> > tool to allow me to lose about 90 pounds that I wanted to lose. I had no> > after care required once I had the surgery like you do with the lap band.> >> > With the lap band I felt it required a lot of after care and constant care> > forever. There are times when you need to have it filled and then I have> > heard them talking about unfilled. And once you come home from Mexicali you> > will need to have a doctor in your area who is willing to do this for you.> > There is also the cost of the fill and unfill and they are in the range of> > $200.00 to $300.00 every time. Yes, the cost of the surgery is less with> > the lap band vs the sleeve. But, these are just the facts that I know and I> > want you to make the choice that is best for you.> >> > I believe in my heart that you will not find a doctor any place better

than> > Dr. Aceves and his staff--most all of the nurses speak English and all the> > Doctors I saw did. Their hospital is a private hospital in Mexicali and it> > is amazing-small 35 beds. I asked a question once on this site--Didn't your> > families all think you were crazy going to Mexicali to have this surgery?> > They all came back at me with such GREAT things to say about these doctors> > and how clean the hospital was and what great care they got when there were> > there for the surgery. And were they ever right. I think I would rather> > have the Doctors in Mexicali do any surgery on me than any doctor here in> > the US. I have been to some hospitals here in the US and got an infection> > from the hospital--that is pretty common knowledge her in the US Their> > standards are far better than anything the US has to offer you.>

>> > Please contact Nina at the hospital and ask anything you want. She is> > great and will get back to your pretty fast. nina_eguia (DOT) comnina_eguia@ ...> > I hope that helped, please keep coming back and reading the postings and> > ask any question that you have. Nina will be happy to send you all kinds of> > information as an attachment to your E-mail and the attachments will answer> > so many of your question. Congratulations on making a choice to change your> > life. You with never have any regrets for doing this. It has changed so> > many of our lives.> >> > Take care,> > Suzanne> >> > 217 184 125> > Start Now Goal> >> >> > In a message dated 12/18/2008 2:42:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,> > goodnessgracie1965 writes:> >> > hello everyone - my name is Gracie and I am interested in finding out> > about the band or sleeve. my friend had one from a doctor in mexico> > and she wasn't too happy about him, but said there were others out> > there.> >> > please let me know if you can tell me about your sergeries and I can> > make my choice. I need to lose about 125 pnds and am 5 feet tall. I> > want to get helthy and fit.> >> > thank you.> >> >> >> >> > ------------ --------- ---------> > One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and > > Mail. Try it now<http://www.aol. com/?optin= new-dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00 000025>> > .> >> > >

>>

Thank you Suzanne for the good email. there is alot of good advise in there. i am sending these to my friend so that she can read them also. maybe if she is feeling better, she can join this group to. i am very glad to read these emails because it gives me new hope for losing weight. i have fought this for so long and now there seems to be a new solution for me.

Thank you again.

Gracie

From: "SuzanneSH@..." <SuzanneSH@...> Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 10:42:25 AMSubject: Re: new here

Hi Gracie,

You asked if we lose weight faster with the sleeve. I have heard we do--I have nothing really to compare it too--I have only had the sleeve. But remember everyone is different. And it is based on you putting healthy foods in your body and not junk. Remember everyone at some point and time is going to have a treat to eat--we have all done it. But it requires a lot of commitment on your part along with regular exercise. I have not had ANY problems with my sleeve what so ever. But remember when you first come home you are limited to eating 10 days of clear liquids, 10 days of mixed liquids, and 10 days of mushy foods. You are allowing you new stomach to heal and you will have some swelling because of the surgery on your new stomach (sleeve). I promise you that the 1st month is the hardest. Once you get past that, it just keeps getting better each day. And at first you

really will be ok with just the clear liquid and you will eat small amounts of food compared to anything you eat now. I can tell you about eating small amounts of food, but until you experience it yourself you really won't comprehend what I am saying. The cost of the sleeve when I had mine was $9,500 and that covers your surgery, hospital stay, tests, your doctors checking on you 3 or 4 times a day and one night at a hotel before the surgery. So what I paid for was money for food the night before the surgery, and my air fare round trip from where I live. They pick you up at the airport in San Diego and that is included in the cost and they return you to the airport in San Diego the day you fly out. They will tell you what times they want you to arrive and when they want you to depart, so that you don't sit too long in the airport.

I had the money to pay for the surgery so I didn't have to consider anything other than to take it out of the bank. They ask that you pay a deposit to hold your surgery date. There are various ways to pay for this. Some people have taken out loans, paid for it them self, put it on a credit card. That again is a personal choice. Yes the sleeve cost more to begin with, I believe the lap band is about $7,300 but if you include the fills and unfill's and over the years I think the sleeve cost less. You have to figure out what is best for you. I believe that the sleeve will be preformed more and more in the future. I have friends who have the lap band because they did this before I did and that was all they were offering at the time. They now tell me they wished they would have waited and had the sleeve. You can convert over to the sleeve from the lap band and Bipley told

you that she did it and loves her results.

There are never stupid questions--just keep asking. We have all been here and asked all the same things that you are asking. Keep educating yourself and asking questions. You can't afford not to do this for yourself. It is about the quality of your life and good health. You will save a ton of $$$$$ on food, going out to eat and medication and in the end you will have saved enough to pay for the surgery.

Take care,

Suzanne

In a message dated 12/19/2008 5:20:51 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, goodnessgracie1965 writes:

Thank youy for your reply. my friend is having problems with her band and she has gone to the doctor in TJ five times to get the fill fixed. But she is losing weight. the sleeve is somethig i might think about but what is the differnece? do you lose weight faster with the sleeve? Do you have any problems with the sleeve? Is it more money?

How did you pay for the sergery? I will have to take a loan out to get the money but i want to get healthy and feel better.

thank you for your help. Gracie

From: "SuzanneSHaol (DOT) com" <SuzanneSHaol (DOT) com> @groups. comSent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:09:52 PMSubject: Re: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] new here

Hi Gracie,

Welcome to this sight and there are quite a few people who will reply to you. Watch the postings. It is a personal choice between the lap band or the sleeve. I went back and forth for quite a few months. I spent time on the Internet researching and educating myself. Then I got on here and started asking all kinds of questions from the people who were on this site and this site really was great and it allowed me make the right choice for myself. I chose the sleeve and I am thrilled I did. For me it was permanent kind of surgery and was by far the best thing for me. Once it was done, it was something I could live with for the rest of my life. It was my tool to allow me to lose about 90 pounds that I wanted to lose. I had no after care required once I had the surgery like you do with the lap band.

With the lap band I felt it required a lot of after care and constant care forever. There are times when you need to have it filled and then I have heard them talking about unfilled. And once you come home from Mexicali you will need to have a doctor in your area who is willing to do this for you. There is also the cost of the fill and unfill and they are in the range of $200.00 to $300.00 every time. Yes, the cost of the surgery is less with the lap band vs the sleeve. But, these are just the facts that I know and I want you to make the choice that is best for you.

I believe in my heart that you will not find a doctor any place better than Dr. Aceves and his staff--most all of the nurses speak English and all the Doctors I saw did. Their hospital is a private hospital in Mexicali and it is amazing-small 35 beds. I asked a question once on this site--Didn't your families all think you were crazy going to Mexicali to have this surgery? They all came back at me with such GREAT things to say about these doctors and how clean the hospital was and what great care they got when there were there for the surgery. And were they ever right. I think I would rather have the Doctors in Mexicali do any surgery on me than any doctor here in the US. I have been to some hospitals here in the US and got an infection from the hospital--that is pretty common knowledge her in the US Their standards are far better than anything the US has to offer

you.

Please contact Nina at the hospital and ask anything you want. She is great and will get back to your pretty fast. nina_eguia (DOT) com

I hope that helped, please keep coming back and reading the postings and ask any question that you have. Nina will be happy to send you all kinds of information as an attachment to your E-mail and the attachments will answer so many of your question. Congratulations on making a choice to change your life. You with never have any regrets for doing this. It has changed so many of our lives.

Take care,

Suzanne

217 184 125

Start Now Goal

In a message dated 12/18/2008 2:42:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, goodnessgracie1965 writes:

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now.

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now.

Thank you Bipley. my friend has told me that to. but she is still having problems with her band. i still need to think about if i go with the band, i might have the same problems she is having. so, i will have to think about the sleeve sergery to.

Thank you.

Gracie

From: Bipley <Bipley@...> Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 6:13:24 AMSubject: Re: new here

Be careful about that too, many doctors claim they work out of a hospital but they don't, it's a clinic where they do surgery.

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Grace St. Onge <goodnessgracie1965> wrote:

thank you for taking the time to answer my silly questions. i am sure there are too many people who ask a lot, but since i am thinking about the sergery, i need to know what will happen. You are all very brave to do this but i know for my life i need to get the sergery because nothing else seem to work. i like what you wrote about the hospital in mexicali and it being nice. not all of the hospitals in mexico are that nice. some are just small little offices or i guess clinics.

thank you for telling me this. Gracie

@groups. comSent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:04:08 PM

Subject: Re: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] new here

Hi, Gracie

Welcome to this board. I'm sure there will be a lot of us replying to your message. I am scheduled to have sleeve surgery on Jan. 12 with Dr. Aceves. I have been reading the posts on this board for nearly a year before I made my decision. After reading the posts, I decided to have the sleeve but you'll read there are many who are very satisfied with the band. It's a personal choice. I have visited the hospital in Mexicali and can assure you it is top notch & obviously built for rich mexicans. From those who have posted here, the service is extrordinary. Seems they wait on you hand and foot. I am also 5', 66 yrs. and would be thrilled to lose 50-60 lbs. Everyone has nothing but good things to say about Dr. Aceves and his staff. Just keep reading.....

San Diego

From: goodnessgracie1965 <goodnessgracie1965>Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] new here

@groups. comDate: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 1:35 PM

I would be happy to answer all questions i can about the sleeve--feel free to email me--rewag2006@...From: Grace St. Onge <goodnessgracie1965@...>Subject: Re: new here Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 12:06 AM

Thank youy for your reply. my friend is having problems with her band and she has gone to the doctor in TJ five times to get the fill fixed. But she is losing weight. the sleeve is somethig i might think about but what is the differnece? do you lose weight faster with the sleeve? Do you have any problems with the sleeve? Is it more money?

How did you pay for the sergery? I will have to take a loan out to get the money but i want to get healthy and feel better.

thank you for your help. Gracie

From: "SuzanneSHaol (DOT) com" <SuzanneSHaol (DOT) com> @groups. comSent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:09:52 PMSubject: Re: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] new here

Hi Gracie,

Welcome to this sight and there are quite a few people who will reply to you. Watch the postings. It is a personal choice between the lap band or the sleeve. I went back and forth for quite a few months. I spent time on the Internet researching and educating myself. Then I got on here and started asking all kinds of questions from the people who were on this site and this site really was great and it allowed me make the right choice for myself. I chose the sleeve and I am thrilled I did. For me it was permanent kind of surgery and was by far the best thing for me. Once it was done, it was something I could live with for the rest of my life. It was my tool to allow me to lose about 90 pounds that I wanted to lose. I had no after care required once I had the surgery like you do with the lap band.

With the lap band I felt it required a lot of after care and constant care forever. There are times when you need to have it filled and then I have heard them talking about unfilled. And once you come home from Mexicali you will need to have a doctor in your area who is willing to do this for you. There is also the cost of the fill and unfill and they are in the range of $200.00 to $300.00 every time. Yes, the cost of the surgery is less with the lap band vs the sleeve. But, these are just the facts that I know and I want you to make the choice that is best for you.

I believe in my heart that you will not find a doctor any place better than Dr. Aceves and his staff--most all of the nurses speak English and all the Doctors I saw did. Their hospital is a private hospital in Mexicali and it is amazing-small 35 beds. I asked a question once on this site--Didn't your families all think you were crazy going to Mexicali to have this surgery? They all came back at me with such GREAT things to say about these doctors and how clean the hospital was and what great care they got when there were there for the surgery. And were they ever right. I think I would rather have the Doctors in Mexicali do any surgery on me than any doctor here in the US. I have been to some hospitals here in the US and got an infection from the hospital--that is pretty common knowledge her in the US Their standards are far better than anything the US has to offer

you.

Please contact Nina at the hospital and ask anything you want. She is great and will get back to your pretty fast. nina_eguia (DOT) com

I hope that helped, please keep coming back and reading the postings and ask any question that you have. Nina will be happy to send you all kinds of information as an attachment to your E-mail and the attachments will answer so many of your question. Congratulations on making a choice to change your life. You with never have any regrets for doing this. It has changed so many of our lives.

Take care,

Suzanne

217 184 125

Start Now Goal

In a message dated 12/18/2008 2:42:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, goodnessgracie1965 writes:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jodi,

I am a new member too. Pleased to meet you.

I live in Kent, England. I enjoy reading all the posts and messages

here. I hope you do too.

Love and Blessings.

Allex

>

> I am new here.

> Living in Maine.

> I find myself getting stressed out without reason most of the time.

> I come to this group seeking ways to de-stress and live a happier and

> healthier lifestyle.

>

> Peace,

> Jodi

>

Hello

my chat id on msn - dtinku_80@... same on .Arvinder SIngh

From: hiruni67 <hiruni67@...>Subject: Re: New Here Date: Wednesday, 14 January, 2009, 4:36 PM

Hi Jodi,I am a new member too. Pleased to meet you.I live in Kent, England. I enjoy reading all the posts and messages here. I hope you do too.Love and Blessings.Allex>> I am new here.> Living in Maine.> I find myself getting stressed out without reason most of the time.> I come to this group seeking ways to de-stress and live a happier and > healthier lifestyle.> > Peace,> Jodi>

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

PTM - A great place to be in.

Daily sip of INSPIRATION should keep us happy every moment. SMILE now and forever.

prayers.Keep Smiling inspite of Everything

From: hiruni67 <hiruni67@...>Subject: Re: New Here Date: Wednesday, 14 January, 2009, 4:36 PM

Hi Jodi,I am a new member too. Pleased to meet you.I live in Kent, England. I enjoy reading all the posts and messages here. I hope you do too.Love and Blessings.Allex>> I am new here.> Living in Maine.> I find myself getting stressed out without reason most of the time.> I come to this group seeking ways to de-stress and live a happier and > healthier lifestyle.> > Peace,> Jodi>

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

Keri,

That's what we are here for---to listen to each other.

Mourning is a good word for it----you are grieving for what you had

before...and that's only natural.

The good news is that you do have life ahead...yes, it is going to be

different but it can still be productive and positive. Just gotta take

advantage of the good times and roll with the bad ones..

That's so hard to do sometimes--but if you have people to share it with

who understand it is so much better.

Take care and write anytime! to me personally or the group!

Liz Kilpatrick

On the banks of the Mighty Mississippi River, Davenport,IA/Quad

cities

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life has no limitations, except the ones you make. + Les Brown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EMAIL: juliette@...

PERSONAL HOMEPAGE PAGE http://members.tripod.com/~LizK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

Cheryl,Please buy SP Light from sotainstruments.com, it's $50 and comes with silver, if you have more money buy Ozonator=second place, and Magnetic pulser=third place if you have money.While you are waiting for them to arrive watch:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4312930190281243507ANDhttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3957307988644640556To order pits:http://www.localharvest.org/apricot-pits-organic-whole-C4363http://www.sweetwatermarket.net/apkerawor.htmlOR search on Ebay.THEN watch:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmkkwBTqVPchttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNleJ_fw9jkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJAiutL8JyUPS> You are going to be blown away by the information I have provided for you, research it further on google............and HEAL your

body!From: cherylcampbell55 <cheryl.s.campbell@...>Subject: New Here Date: Monday, April 20, 2009, 4:12 AM

Just want to introduce myself. I'm a 55 yr. old female, diagnosed Feb. 2/09 non-small cell lung cancer with brain mets. Live in NS, Canada. Trying to figure out what equipment I need and where to buy it, or should I build it myself? Would love to hear from anyone who has had a positive response to beating cancer. I am currently following the Budwig Protocol and am scheduled for sterotactic radiation to the two brain mets in two weeks time. Had radiation to my lung which ended March 24th.

Advice welcome,

Cheryl

Guest guest

Cheryl one more thing,If you can, get yourself Amygdalin/Laetrile/B17 vials for injections -if not use appricot seeds. While eating the seeds research RENE CAISSE on google. Then purchase extract from here: http://essiacproducts.com/ or from other sources you feel are good. Check your local healthfood stores for Essiac extracts. You have metastases --this is VERY serious and mostly not favorable prognosis in orthodox medicine. If you decide to undergo radiation -do it concurrently with seeds + essiac. I am not sure about 'pulsing' your blood with Beck's unit while on radiation, depends on your medication/chemo, body condition. Ask away if you have any questions, we will give our opinion but the last vote is on you.

Guest guest

Hi , and welcome to the group.

I have lost 14 pounds so far. I have had the same experience you are describing.

It happened to me twice the day after I had eaten steak so I thought that might

be it, but this morning I was up 1.8 pounds and I didn't have steak. Mysterious!

>

> Good Morning all,

>

> I am starting day 14 (day 12 of VLCD) and I am glad to find this group. I

have one question...has anyone else experienced any days of weight gain while on

this plan. I have lost 13.6 overall, but this am and one am last week I had

actually gained 1 pound and have done nothing different or off plan...now

yesterday, I lost 3.6, so I am wondering if it is just my body adjusting or

something??

>

> Thanks again for your insights.

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I think Deb is on to something...My suggestion would be to keep a food journal of everything you are eating, including all the seasonings. Each time you see a gain check your journal to see if there is a common food on the days you show a gain. Similarly, make note of your sleep and exercise/activity patterns, as they can have an effect on your weight as well. Just try to pinpoint the commonalities to determine what the cause may be. However, that being said.... it seems you are dropping the gains after a few days, which is still moving you in the right direction. From all the posts I have read, what you are experiencing is not all that unusual and as long as you are averaging about .5 loss per day you are doing ok. From: ascenderdeb <DeborahCross555@...>Subject: Re: New here Date: Tuesday, April 28, 2009, 9:36 AM

Hi , and welcome to the group.

I have lost 14 pounds so far. I have had the same experience you are describing. It happened to me twice the day after I had eaten steak so I thought that might be it, but this morning I was up 1.8 pounds and I didn't have steak. Mysterious!

>

> Good Morning all,

>

> I am starting day 14 (day 12 of VLCD) and I am glad to find this group. I have one question...has anyone else experienced any days of weight gain while on this plan. I have lost 13.6 overall, but this am and one am last week I had actually gained 1 pound and have done nothing different or off plan...now yesterday, I lost 3.6, so I am wondering if it is just my body adjusting or something??

>

> Thanks again for your insights.

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I am on day 31 P1 & I have lost 30lbs & I have experienced zero days & one time I gained a pound. I have no idea why?? I then loose again, but I think the other poster is right your body does some adjusting from day to day. From what I have been told- you take your average weight loss over a period of time. At least a half a pound a day. Then you're ok. It helps to talk about it though. Lori

From: ascenderdeb <DeborahCross555@ msn.com>Subject: Re: New hereDate: Tuesday, April 28, 2009, 9:36 AM

Hi , and welcome to the group. I have lost 14 pounds so far. I have had the same experience you are describing. It happened to me twice the day after I had eaten steak so I thought that might be it, but this morning I was up 1.8 pounds and I didn't have steak. Mysterious!>> Good Morning all,> > I am starting day 14 (day 12 of VLCD) and I am glad to find this group. I have one question...has anyone else experienced any days of weight gain while on this plan. I have lost 13.6 overall, but this am and one am last week I had actually gained 1 pound and have done nothing different or off plan...now yesterday, I lost 3.6, so I am wondering if it is just my body adjusting or something?? > > Thanks again for your insights.> > >

>

Guest guest

I agree Lori, I was UP 1.8 pounds yesterday and DOWN 3 this morning!

> >

> > Good Morning all,

> >

> > I am starting day 14 (day 12 of VLCD) and I am glad to find this group. I

have one question...has anyone else experienced any days of weight gain while on

this plan. I have lost 13.6 overall, but this am and one am last week I had

actually gained 1 pound and have done nothing different or off plan...now

yesterday, I lost 3.6, so I am wondering if it is just my body adjusting or

something??

> >

> > Thanks again for your insights.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

In my case, it’s all about water retention. My weight can

easily fluctuate 3-4 pounds day by day, and more during a period. While I

was on a diet, I looked at the “long term” trend: does it fluctuate

around 130 Lb, or does it fluctuate around 120 Lb, etc. Furthermore, on

the VLCD diet, I had a bowel movement every 3-4 days and sometime even longer,

so that makes a difference: whether the weight was measured the morning after

the day of bowel movement or several days later.

No one gains a pound of fat a day, so if one gains a pound and

loses two a day later, it probably is, in truth, losing a pound of fat in two

days but water weight temporarily showed on the scale as “weight going up”.

I believe those who gained a few pounds right after the loading period gained a

lot of water along the way, NOT just several pounds of fat after two days of

loading. That also explains why “loading weight” seems almost

immediately coming off as soon as VLCD diet begins.

Maybe it’s just me. Perhaps other people have a much

more stable water retention or non-existent water retention issue.

[mailto: ] On Behalf

Of ascenderdeb

Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 1:51 PM

Subject: Re: New here

I agree Lori, I was UP 1.8 pounds yesterday and

DOWN 3 this morning!

> >

> > Good Morning all,

> >

> > I am starting day 14 (day 12 of VLCD) and I am glad to find this

group. I have one question...has anyone else experienced any days of weight

gain while on this plan. I have lost 13.6 overall, but this am and one am last

week I had actually gained 1 pound and have done nothing different or off

plan...now yesterday, I lost 3.6, so I am wondering if it is just my body

adjusting or something??

> >

> > Thanks again for your insights.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I appreciate all of the replies. I am exactly the same today as yesterday, so

still up one pound...maybe I am hitting a plateau..my clinic warned me that many

people do around day 13, so we'll see. I am definately pleased with the results

so far.

> > >

> > > Good Morning all,

> > >

> > > I am starting day 14 (day 12 of VLCD) and I am glad to find this group.

> I have one question...has anyone else experienced any days of weight gain

> while on this plan. I have lost 13.6 overall, but this am and one am last

> week I had actually gained 1 pound and have done nothing different or off

> plan...now yesterday, I lost 3.6, so I am wondering if it is just my body

> adjusting or something??

> > >

> > > Thanks again for your insights.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I'm the same as you. I retain water easily. I had taken these things you

mention into consideration but now Im wondering if I jumped the gun on

quitting just because the scales only moved a pound the first week.

Maybe I was losing more and it wasn't showing because I wasn't going to

the bathroom regularly or was retaining water due to my salt intake.

Anyway thanks for pointing this out.

> > >

> > > Good Morning all,

> > >

> > > I am starting day 14 (day 12 of VLCD) and I am glad to find this

group.

> I have one question...has anyone else experienced any days of weight

gain

> while on this plan. I have lost 13.6 overall, but this am and one am

last

> week I had actually gained 1 pound and have done nothing different or

off

> plan...now yesterday, I lost 3.6, so I am wondering if it is just my

body

> adjusting or something??

> > >

> > > Thanks again for your insights.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hey .

This might be too personal of a question for you ... But I'm curious how much

your doctor is charging you. It seems to me that many of the people on here

don't go through doctors and do just fine. I would like to go through a doctor

but I don't want to be played for a fool and charged a ton for something that

could be much less.

Thanks and good luck

>

> Hi my name is and I am new to the group and new to HCG/Simeon's. I just

joined this group and the other group HCG Protocol to feel out which seems the

better fit/more appropriate.

> I will likely search the archives and lurk a bit as I am trying to absorb as

much info and encouragement from all of you who are further along than me in the

process :)

> I am on day 5 of the VLCD/HCG injections and have lost 5 lbs out of 38 that I

need to in order to reach my goal.

> I am going to a local medical clinic where I will see the dr. every week to

check in.

> I am doing 6 shots a week for 6 weeks and then I guess we will see where I am

at and if I need to do another round.

> My doctor is wonderful, but her protocol is fairly loose and laxed i.e. not

alot of direction and some things contradictory to the Simeon's as far as

allowed foods. It seems locally there are alot of places that offer variations

on the theme, but I figure if its tired true and tested I better stick with the

original the best I can. So I have been just trying to follow it as close as I

can-hovering around 550 calories, but hoping to wean down to 500 by the week

mark.

> So far as diets go it seems pretty easy and the shots aren't too bad.

> I am worried my metabolism maybe shot so hopefully this will be the trick to

fix it again!

> I am anxious to learn as much as I can and would welcome any suggestions or a

role call to learn about you and your experiences.

> I will be on the sidelines cheering for all of you even if I'm not posting so

:)

> Thanks! (AZ)

>

Guest guest

I went through a doctor (cost $500) www.hcgbodytransformations.com They are awesome cost included the hcg, syringes, needles, unlimited visits & her personal cell phone #. Though I can't say that i've needed to use it. The 'hcg weight lose cure guide'(book) answered all my questions plus

From: notattached85 <notattached85@...>Subject: Re: New Here Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 10:30 PM

Hey . This might be too personal of a question for you ... But I'm curious how much your doctor is charging you. It seems to me that many of the people on here don't go through doctors and do just fine. I would like to go through a doctor but I don't want to be played for a fool and charged a ton for something that could be much less. Thanks and good luck>> Hi my name is and I am new to the group and new to HCG/Simeon's. I just joined this group and the other group HCG Protocol to feel out which seems the better fit/more appropriate.> I will likely search the archives and lurk a bit as I am trying to absorb as much info and encouragement from all

of you who are further along than me in the process :)> I am on day 5 of the VLCD/HCG injections and have lost 5 lbs out of 38 that I need to in order to reach my goal.> I am going to a local medical clinic where I will see the dr. every week to check in.> I am doing 6 shots a week for 6 weeks and then I guess we will see where I am at and if I need to do another round.> My doctor is wonderful, but her protocol is fairly loose and laxed i.e. not alot of direction and some things contradictory to the Simeon's as far as allowed foods. It seems locally there are alot of places that offer variations on the theme, but I figure if its tired true and tested I better stick with the original the best I can. So I have been just trying to follow it as close as I can-hovering around 550 calories, but hoping to wean down to 500 by the week mark. > So far as diets go it seems pretty easy and the shots aren't too bad.> I am

worried my metabolism maybe shot so hopefully this will be the trick to fix it again!> I am anxious to learn as much as I can and would welcome any suggestions or a role call to learn about you and your experiences.> I will be on the sidelines cheering for all of you even if I'm not posting so :)> Thanks! (AZ)>

Guest guest

I am new here too. I also went through a doctor - cost $695 which includes 1

hour consultation with nurse, weekly appointments with dietician, lab work, bmi

tests, HCG, syringes and support booklet. I did great the first week and lost 8

pounds to my amazement! But this week I've lost nothing even though I've been

rigidly following the protocol. I am feeling discouraged and wonder if anyone

has suggestions.

> >

> > Hi my name is and I am new to the group and new to HCG/Simeon's. I

just joined this group and the other group HCG Protocol to feel out which seems

the better fit/more appropriate.

> > I will likely search the archives and lurk a bit as I am trying to absorb as

much info and encouragement from all of you who are further along than me in the

process :)

> > I am on day 5 of the VLCD/HCG injections and have lost 5 lbs out of 38 that

I need to in order to reach my goal.

> > I am going to a local medical clinic where I will see the dr. every week to

check in.

> > I am doing 6 shots a week for 6 weeks and then I guess we will see where I

am at and if I need to do another round.

> > My doctor is wonderful, but her protocol is fairly loose and laxed i.e. not

alot of direction and some things contradictory to the Simeon's as far as

allowed foods. It seems locally there are alot of places that offer variations

on the theme, but I figure if its tired true and tested I better stick with the

original the best I can. So I have been just trying to follow it as close as I

can-hovering around 550 calories, but hoping to wean down to 500 by the week

mark.

> > So far as diets go it seems pretty easy and the shots aren't too bad.

> > I am worried my metabolism maybe shot so hopefully this will be the trick to

fix it again!

> > I am anxious to learn as much as I can and would welcome any suggestions or

a role call to learn about you and your experiences.

> > I will be on the sidelines cheering for all of you even if I'm not posting

so :)

> > Thanks! (AZ)

> >

>

Guest guest

My loss has not been consistent - I go through long stalls and then will drop 3 or 4 lbs. Here's some trouble shooting:what dose are you taking?are you experiencing hunger?are you ONLY eating the foods listed in Pounds and Inches? From: Lori <llipten@...> Sent:

Friday, May 8, 2009 7:15:17 AMSubject: Re: New Here

I am new here too. I also went through a doctor - cost $695 which includes 1 hour consultation with nurse, weekly appointments with dietician, lab work, bmi tests, HCG, syringes and support booklet. I did great the first week and lost 8 pounds to my amazement! But this week I've lost nothing even though I've been rigidly following the protocol. I am feeling discouraged and wonder if anyone has suggestions.

> >

> > Hi my name is and I am new to the group and new to HCG/Simeon's. I just joined this group and the other group HCG Protocol to feel out which seems the better fit/more appropriate.

> > I will likely search the archives and lurk a bit as I am trying to absorb as much info and encouragement from all of you who are further along than me in the process :)

> > I am on day 5 of the VLCD/HCG injections and have lost 5 lbs out of 38 that I need to in order to reach my goal.

> > I am going to a local medical clinic where I will see the dr. every week to check in.

> > I am doing 6 shots a week for 6 weeks and then I guess we will see where I am at and if I need to do another round.

> > My doctor is wonderful, but her protocol is fairly loose and laxed i.e. not alot of direction and some things contradictory to the Simeon's as far as allowed foods. It seems locally there are alot of places that offer variations on the theme, but I figure if its tired true and tested I better stick with the original the best I can. So I have been just trying to follow it as close as I can-hovering around 550 calories, but hoping to wean down to 500 by the week mark.

> > So far as diets go it seems pretty easy and the shots aren't too bad..

> > I am worried my metabolism maybe shot so hopefully this will be the trick to fix it again!

> > I am anxious to learn as much as I can and would welcome any suggestions or a role call to learn about you and your experiences.

> > I will be on the sidelines cheering for all of you even if I'm not posting so :)

> > Thanks! (AZ)

> >

>