RemedySpot.com

New here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

george, i didnt realize that your daughter lived outside of paris!!!

how much fun. my favorite city. i assume that growing up in montreal

she became bi-lingual?

At 03:24 PM 9/2/2007, you wrote:

>i did. spent two weeks with my daughter and son in law who live

>outside of Paris. so it was great to see them in the flesh vs.

>webcam. we met in connecticut where my 92 year old mother lives so my

>daughter could see her grandmother.

>

>great fun.

>

>

>george

> >

> > Welcome back . I hope you had a great trip.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

diane,

my kids grew up in toronto, not montreal. andra loved french,

however, which she had in class since grade one. she utilized her

language as an exchange student in high school. she went to school

in geneva, switzerland. her exchange partner came to toronto. they

exchanged at different times during that year so that they were

together both in toronto and geneva.

then , while at brandeis university, she did her junior year abroad

in paris and after graduating, she did a masters in french language

at the middlebury french language program which consisted of 6 weeks

in vermont and a year in paris. then another masters degree and

internships at the louvre. while she was beginning her phd work in

french art history (the romantic period), she met her husband in a

frisbee match. they married two years ago in paris and are happy as

can be. my son in law is a native frenchman.

george

> > >

> > > Welcome back . I hope you had a great trip.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

george, that is a great story. how lucky she is to have found a great

love of french, and then to have found her love in france.

At 09:57 AM 9/3/2007, you wrote:

>diane,

>

>my kids grew up in toronto, not montreal. andra loved french,

>however, which she had in class since grade one. she utilized her

>language as an exchange student in high school. she went to school

>in geneva, switzerland. her exchange partner came to toronto. they

>exchanged at different times during that year so that they were

>together both in toronto and geneva.

>

>then , while at brandeis university, she did her junior year abroad

>in paris and after graduating, she did a masters in french language

>at the middlebury french language program which consisted of 6 weeks

>in vermont and a year in paris. then another masters degree and

>internships at the louvre. while she was beginning her phd work in

>french art history (the romantic period), she met her husband in a

>frisbee match. they married two years ago in paris and are happy as

>can be. my son in law is a native frenchman.

>

>george

>

> > > >

> > > > Welcome back . I hope you had a great trip.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

• 1 month later...

Good luck with your surgery, I just had Left hip replacement on Sept

7th, main thing....DO YOUR EXERCISES......be very careful when walking

and bending......take it slow after surgery and you will be

fine......the best thing is you will wake up and not be in pain.

Gene from Oklahoma

>

> Hi all:

>

> I just found this group. I am female, 63 and having hip replacement

> surgery on Nov 2 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I will be having the

> surgery at the Holland Orthopedic & Arthritic Centre here in Toronto.

> I am looking forward to the surgery in the hope that I will regain

> mobility and be in less pain.

>

> Any suggestions and advice will be welcome.

>

I just had total knee replacement surgery a week ago yesterday. I would love to hear from others who have had this. I didn't know anything could be so painful.

Keim in TxSee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Thanks Gene. Did you go to a rehab facility or do physio on an outpatient basis? Here in Toronto I will have a choice as to whether I go to rehab or go home and have physio that way.Ellen in Torontogeneknouse <geneknouse@...> wrote: Good luck with your surgery, I just had Left hip replacement on Sept 7th, main thing....DO YOUR EXERCISES......be very careful when walking and bending......take it slow after surgery and you will be fine......the best thing is you will wake up and not be in pain. Gene

from Oklahoma

Keim,

I had TKR on my right knee about 9 months ago. It was painful at first, but know that it will improve daily and now it's great. I walk perfectly, have very little pain (just stiffness if I sit too long and I'm sure that's my fault) but to have no pain in the joint is unbelievable. I assume you are still a week from getting your staples out and that makes a big difference but also just moving, putting weight on that leg and doing your PT will help. And pain management. Don't feel like you should skimp on pain meds, take them. They will make it possible for you to heal. Also give yourself lots of time to rest. It takes the body quite a bit of energy to deal with this surgery.

-----Original Message-----From: Joint Replacement [mailto:Joint Replacement ]On Behalf Of KeimM43@...Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 9:33 PMJoint Replacement Subject: Re: New here

I just had total knee replacement surgery a week ago yesterday. I would love to hear from others who have had this. I didn't know anything could be so painful.

Keim in Tx

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

--Hi Tom,

In my case RA is rheumatoid arthritis. When I saw the ortho surgeon

Friday, he said that I don't show spondylitis, but that I have Osteo

Arthritis in my neck, compressed discs, which are affecting my spinal

cord as well as the nerve that flows down my left arm. I just keep

wondering if I have your basic garden variety osteo arthritis, and not

Rheumatoid arthritis or spondylitis. I also don't have any swelling

in my joints as you would expect to have with rheum. arthritis. I

just worry that I may be taking these meds unnecessarily.

Thanks,

Les

>

> , By RA do you mean Reactive Arthritis or Rhumatoid Arthritis? Tom

>

> reply to: thomaslambirth@...

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Sue

and welcome, sorry to hear about the CFS (I was diagnosed but refuse

to believe my causes are not endocrine related aka thyroid - adrenal -

sex hormone etc. CFS is a diagnosis of exclusion, have they excluded

thyroid disease?

If they have tested your thyroid and you want other sufferers opinions

you could always post them here with ranges.

I have recieved great advice here and I am sure you will too

luv Dawn

Guest guest

Hi Dawn,

My daughter in law was diagnosed with CFS after she failed to

recover after a bug caught in Africa as a teenager. After she married my son

she decided to come off the pill. She is now perfectly well ( and I may

become a grandmother). So it seems the hormone imbalance can cause all sorts

of problems causing unrelated things to become linked (the bug and going on

the pill) resulting in that exclusion diagnosis of CFS because no one though

to ask her to stop the pill to see what happened.

Subject: Re: New here

Hi Sue

and welcome, sorry to hear about the CFS (I was diagnosed but refuse

to believe my causes are not endocrine related aka thyroid - adrenal -

sex hormone etc. CFS is a diagnosis of exclusion, have they excluded

thyroid disease?

luv Dawn

Messages are not a substitute for professional medical advice. Always

consult with a suitably qualified practitioner before changing medication.

Guest guest

It is generally said that you cannot have an adrenal test unless you have not taken hc etc for 6 weeks, I do not know if it is similar for DHEA, but expect so.

Val

Does anyone know if I should stop taking the DHEA before the next test and for how long for in case it affects the results?ThanksSue

Guest guest

Hi Dawn thanks for the welcome :) I'm not sure its CFS either but my thyroid results were normal so I think its my adrenals thats causing the tiredness. I found out what the test is and its a synathen test for adrenals but I don't know whether that will show up the low DHEA that was on the saliva test. Cheers Sue blondiethefirstuk <whitbywitchuk@...> wrote: Hi Sueand welcome, sorry to hear about the CFS (I was diagnosed but refuseto believe

my causes are not endocrine related aka thyroid - adrenal -sex hormone etc. CFS is a diagnosis of exclusion, have they excludedthyroid disease?If they have tested your thyroid and you want other sufferers opinionsyou could always post them here with ranges.I have recieved great advice here and I am sure you will tooluv Dawn

Rise to the challenge for Sport Relief with for Good

Guest guest

Thanks Val I'd better stop taking it now then cos it's probably less than 6 weeks till the test now and I dont want to spoil the results. Thanks Suevalerieforster56 <valerieforster56@...> wrote: It is generally said that you cannot have an adrenal test unless you have not taken hc etc for 6 weeks, I do not know if it is similar for DHEA, but expect so. Val Does anyone know if I should stop taking the DHEA before the next test and for how long for in case it affects the results?ThanksSue

Sent from .

The World 's Favourite Email.

Guest guest

Hi again Dawn, he seemed quite nice but I probably won't find out what he's really like until after the tests are done and see what he says when he writes to my doctor. Sorry I don't know what he's like for T3 or armour, could you phone the hospital and ask if anyone there does prescibe it? Pointless going then finding out he doesn't. Sue blondiethefirstuk <whitbywitchuk@...> wrote: Hi SueJust one thingis your DrJ any good? and do you think they

would be likely toprescribe T3 or Armour if I asked them? I can ask for a referral toanyone and Middlesboro is localish to me. I have been unable to find adecent endo with an open mind locally.take careDawn

Guest guest

HI Sue

Unless you have 's disease, the Synacthen test will be useless. They will tell you your cortisol is absolutely fine, because the synacthen test would make a dead donkey kick.

Do the Adrenal Questionnaire that you will find in our files and also at the same time, do the questionnaire for Candida Albicans too. You should get the 24 hour salivary profile done to see exactly where your cortisol and DHEA lie at four specific times during the day. Have a look at the Files, scroll down until you see one called 'NPTech Services' and you can see the tests they do and the prices they charge.

Have you had your ferritin (stored iron) tested recently - if at all - because low ferritin can be a problem for sufferers of hypothyroidism and you may need some treatment with elemental iron such as Ferrous Sulphate.

Luv - Sheila

Hi Dawn thanks for the welcome :)

I'm not sure its CFS either but my thyroid results were normal so I think its my adrenals thats causing the tiredness. I found out what the test is and its a synathen test for adrenals but I don't know whether that will show up the low DHEA that was on the saliva test.

Cheers

Sue

blondiethefirstuk <whitbywitchukaol> wrote:

Hi Sueand welcome, sorry to hear about the CFS (I was diagnosed but refuseto believe my causes are not endocrine related aka thyroid - adrenal -sex hormone etc. CFS is a diagnosis of exclusion, have they excludedthyroid disease?If they have tested your thyroid and you want other sufferers opinionsyou could always post them here with ranges.I have recieved great advice here and I am sure you will tooluv Dawn

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.518 / Virus Database: 269.21.7/1325 - Release Date: 11/03/2008 13:41

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

>

> Hi all. Doesn't look like it is too busy in here where I might

get

> lost.

>

> I am Rose from Oregon. I am 49 and have had depression my whole

life.

> I did not know what was wrong with me until I finally sought help

when

> I was in my 30's. I went on Prozac, Paxil and now I've been on

zoloft

> 25 mgs.

>

> I have been having problems at work (with poor performance)

inability

> to concentrate, foggy thinking, crying, and extreme sadness.

>

> I will be looking for a new job, but my doctor is having my try

Lexapro

> 10 mg. So far so good.

>

> If anyone wants to comment, please do.

>

> Rose

>rose those are the same exact symptoms that i get when i am in a

depression.i have taken lexapro before and it took about 3 weeks to

feel better.i did feel better though.thank god!!!!!once you start to

feel better, i would suggest getting a self help book that helps you

to start thinking more positive and less negative....it really does

help....i have the tendency to depress myself because i always think

negative.if your not a reader, a good therapist will help.good luck

rose.hang in there....

Guest guest

You might try visiting the group and reading the message archives.

There are many many posts with the information you're looking for.

Welcome to the group!

Barbara

>

> Hi

> I noticed this is a new group. I hope more people join ..I'd like

to get more people's opinions of this new drug. I was prescribed this

medicine just today and have not started taking it yet. It sounds

like it will help..I'm hopeful that it will. Has anyone had any

experiences with it?

> --

> ~~Shelvira~~

> Shelvira2002@...

> My Outgoing mail was Scanned with

> Norton's Antivirus 2002

>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Welcome Kati! That is very good of you to offer your experiences on here. I know when I was first told of my c-toma 3 yrs ago, I was so nervous and scared! This is the place I came to, to get answers and information, I probably drove them all nuts with all my questions too! It did wonders for me coming to this site and I still read all the posts on here, I had my "2nd look" surgery September 2006 and have been back to my endo. three times since, my hearing is back to normal and all looks good! I wish everyone on here all the best! Have a great day Kati.

~~LISA~~ in Orlando, Fl.

New Here

Hey Everyone! My name is Kati and I am 20 years old. I joined this group because I want to see what other people have experienced with c-toma. I was 8 when I had my first surgery to remove it, and then I had 2 more surgeries just to remove the c-toma...not to mention the other ear surgeries I've had. Anyways, I'm open to discussing what I've experienced and help as much as I can.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Hi Penny and welcome. I am having my surgery on May 9th so I'll see you at the hospital. I too have no fear or apprehension about having the surgery done by Dr. Aceves and his team after reading this forum for the past year. I am also a single mother and with 6 kids. Thankfully, the oldest 4 are legal adults (notice that I did not say grown up). My kids have been wonderful and are not worried one bit about me having the surgery either. They know I would not put my life at risk. I am not sure what to tell you to bring other than what I have read here. This is what I am bringing: Gas-X fast dissolve strips, individual packets of broth I am buying at Trader Joes A couple of bottles of clear high protein drinks bought at GNC A few packets of Propel powder to add to bottled water A pair of

pajamas and slip on shoes A clean set of clothes to wear home My hygiene products Most importantly, my friend who will want to take care of everyone on the hospital floor Others have recommended a heating pad for comfort and some have hinted at accidents so you might want to bring a few old pair of panties that you can throw away if need be or some sort of protection. From what I gather, because we have nothing but liquids that first week, liquids also come out. I haven't read anything about entertainment but how about you and my friend having dinner together the night before your surgery? By then, I'll have had my surgery and won't be able to join you but will need some company. I'm sure other will offer you advice and anything I may have missed. Since I have not been banded yet, I am not experienced as

most of the others who post here. Here is my cell phone if you want to call me. I work Sat, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs. I work from 7pm-7am and am able to talk at work. Mornings from 8 to 10 are also good to call. Anyway welcome again. a 760 215 3456 pennywitch7 <pennywitch7@...> wrote: Hi everyone! My name is Penny and I'm new here. I've been overweight since I was 10 years old. I've tried many times to

loose weight- sometimes succeeded, sometimes not- but the weight just kept climbing. I'm divorced, and a single mom with 4 children. I saw the commercials for the lap band a year ago and have been thinking about having the surgery. What finally made up my mind to have it done? I lost my Dad 2 years ago from complications due to diabetes. He went into renal failure. And this year my sister has been in and out of the hospital because of cellulitis due to her diabetes. Plus her kidney function is down too. I don't have diabetes yet- and I don't want it! I want to get healthy. I want to see my kids grow up. I want to be able to play with them, and enjoy them while they're young.I've decided to take control of my weight instead of letting it control me.I started to investigate the surgery, and found out that my insurence doesn't cover WLS. I tried to get financing, and I got some, but not enough for the US. I was

about to give up. Then I received an email from Dr. Aceves. I contacted them, and I'm soo glad that I did. They have been wonderful!I am having surgery on May 10th.I have no doubts or fears about going down there for my surgery. I'm flying to San Diego from Spokane, Wa. This will be the first time that I've been out of the country. So this is a total adventure for me.I'm excited that I'm getting the band, but not really nervous- yet. (The night befor surgery I'll probably be a nervous wreck.)I'm trying to figure out what I need to take with me to entertain myself for the couple of days in the hospital before I come home.(I'll be alone) Any suggestions? I love to read, so I'll bring some books, plus I'll probably bring some of my homework too. (I'm a college student)Does anyone have any suggestions for this, or about anything that will make my recovery and flight home more comfortable? Thanks in

advance.Penny in Spokane285/277/130...someday

Guest guest

Penny, you shoot for that 130 girl!! How exciting to have a date!!! Diabetes was the #1 reason for me getting banded. I ended up with gestational diabetes when I was pregnant 4 yrs ago. I hated it, I was doing injections 4x a day, I was on a very rigid diet that entailed eating lunch meat for breakfast at 7am UGH. I don't want to live that way. After gestational diabetes a person has an 80% chance of developing it for life w/in 5 yrs. Again, not for me. I'm sure seeing people so close to you have all those issues is life changing. Believe me, lapband will be life changing too!! Congrats on your decision! My suggestions for travel is.. comfy pjs, packets of broth, heating pad, slip on shoes. I wore the same clothes to the hospital as I wore

home, well, new undies :) Also, any book by Francine Rivers, but I highly suggest Redeeming Love. Great way to pass the time! :) Let us know if you have any other questions :) Good luck!! Cyrena Weeks240/140/145start/current/goalDOB: 1/19/07www.cyrenaweeks.blogspot.com New hereHi everyone! My name is Penny and I'm new here. I've been overweight

since I was 10 years old. I've tried many times to loose weight-

sometimes succeeded, sometimes not- but the weight just kept

climbing.

I'm divorced, and a single mom with 4 children. I saw the

commercials for the lap band a year ago and have been thinking about

having the surgery. What finally made up my mind to have it done? I

lost my Dad 2 years ago from complications due to diabetes. He went

into renal failure. And this year my sister has been in and out of

the hospital because of cellulitis due to her diabetes. Plus her

kidney function is down too. I don't have diabetes yet- and I don't

want it!

I want to get healthy. I want to see my kids grow up. I want to

be able to play with them, and enjoy them while they're young.I've

decided to take control of my weight instead of letting it control me.

I started to investigate the surgery, and found out that my insurence

doesn't cover WLS. I tried to get financing, and I got some, but not

enough for the US. I was about to give up. Then I received an email

from Dr. Aceves. I contacted them, and I'm soo glad that I did. They

have been wonderful!

I am having surgery on May 10th.I have no doubts or fears about

going down there for my surgery. I'm flying to San Diego from

Spokane, Wa. This will be the first time that I've been out of the

country. So this is a total adventure for me.

I'm excited that I'm getting the band, but not really nervous-

yet. (The night befor surgery I'll probably be a nervous wreck.)

I'm trying to figure out what I need to take with me to entertain

myself for the couple of days in the hospital before I come home.

(I'll be alone) Any suggestions? I love to read, so I'll bring some

books, plus I'll probably bring some of my homework too. (I'm a

college student)

Does anyone have any suggestions for this, or about anything that

will make my recovery and flight home more comfortable? Thanks in

advance.

Penny in Spokane

285/277/130. ..someday

Guest guest

Penny: Congratulations and welcome aboard! This will be a wonderful journey and one you will not regret. The Aceves/Campos team is outstanding. I would suggest that you go online and have ready for your return home some clear protein drinks. There are several you can use during the clear phase. New Whey Protein and Unjury are two brands that can be used during the clear liquid stage. There are any number of other protein drinks and mixes you can use during the cloudy liquid stage. Jello and broth are all very good to taste, but the protein keeps your energy up (4 kids will require that) and if also keep you from being hungry.

You really need to pack very light. Underwear and a change of clothes is all you will need. I would suggest you bring something along with you that is comfortable to return home in. Don't bring anything that will be tight around your waist. Loose fitting slacks/dress/skirt would all be fine. Remember that comfort is the name of the game. It is not a fashion show. The people who you will see in the hospital know why your are there and they won't care. The folks who see you in the airport are all strangers and you will never see them again. Pack light. You might want your own gown or pj's. A light robe or duster would be nice for those walks through the hall ways--necessary to do this often after surgery to get rid of any gas. If you can pack a light carry-on luggage, I would suggest that. Someone on your flight will gladly put it in the bin for you on your return flight--just tell them you have had surgery and you'll have all the help you need. Sandals out and back, and small toiletries (I think 3.5 oz. is the max you can fly with) without donating them to the FAA during flight check-in. You will only need a driver's license and birth certificate. Take a passport if you have it but it is not required yet. Some folks take a heating pad and some melt in your mouth Gas-X. I took neither and did not need them. Everyone is different, some swear by both, others do not. To be safe, you can bring them. It's like a coat in the winter, you can always take it off but you can't put it on unless your bring it with you.

I would encourage you to be stocked up on sugar free jello and puddings and applesauce for the mushies stage. Remember, you can blend regular meals at that phase also to be more satisfying.

We all wish you the best and are here for any questions you may have. Join right in. All are welcome.

C

Tampa FL

> > From: pennywitch7@...> Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 20:43:22 +0000> Subject: New here> > Hi everyone! My name is Penny and I'm new here. I've been overweight > since I was 10 years old. I've tried many times to loose weight- > sometimes succeeded, sometimes not- but the weight just kept > climbing. > I'm divorced, and a single mom with 4 children. I saw the > commercials for the lap band a year ago and have been thinking about > having the surgery. What finally made up my mind to have it done? I > lost my Dad 2 years ago from complications due to diabetes. He went > into renal failure. And this year my sister has been in and out of > the hospital because of cellulitis due to her diabetes. Plus her > kidney function is down too. I don't have diabetes yet- and I don't > want it! > I want to get healthy. I want to see my kids grow up. I want to > be able to play with them, and enjoy them while they're young.I've > decided to take control of my weight instead of letting it control me.> I started to investigate the surgery, and found out that my insurence > doesn't cover WLS. I tried to get financing, and I got some, but not > enough for the US. I was about to give up. Then I received an email > from Dr. Aceves. I contacted them, and I'm soo glad that I did. They > have been wonderful!> I am having surgery on May 10th.I have no doubts or fears about > going down there for my surgery. I'm flying to San Diego from > Spokane, Wa. This will be the first time that I've been out of the > country. So this is a total adventure for me.> I'm excited that I'm getting the band, but not really nervous- > yet. (The night befor surgery I'll probably be a nervous wreck.)> I'm trying to figure out what I need to take with me to entertain > myself for the couple of days in the hospital before I come home.> (I'll be alone) Any suggestions? I love to read, so I'll bring some > books, plus I'll probably bring some of my homework too. (I'm a > college student)> Does anyone have any suggestions for this, or about anything that > will make my recovery and flight home more comfortable? Thanks in > advance.> > Penny in Spokane> 285/277/130...someday> > > ------------------------------------> >

Guest guest

a,

Thanks for the welcome and info. You are the

first one to tell me about getting the protein drinks

from GNC- thanks. That would be a lot easier for me.

It will be nice to know someone there, even if

it's just by name for now.

I would love to have dinner with your friend. We

could keep each other company. (plus it would keep me

from getting too nervous the night before).

I don't have long distance on my phone, so

unfortunately, I can't call you. But I will keep

posting.

See you on the 9th!

Penny in Spokane

285/277/130...someday

--- a <blackfeet61@...> wrote:

> Hi Penny and welcome.

>

> I am having my surgery on May 9th so I'll see you

> at the hospital.

>

> I too have no fear or apprehension about having

> the surgery done by Dr. Aceves and his team after

> reading this forum for the past year.

> I am also a single mother and with 6 kids.

> Thankfully, the oldest 4 are legal adults (notice

> that I did not say grown up). My kids have been

> wonderful and are not worried one bit about me

> having the surgery either. They know I would not put

> my life at risk.

>

> I am not sure what to tell you to bring other than

> what I have read here.

> This is what I am bringing:

> Gas-X fast dissolve strips,

> individual packets of broth I am buying at Trader

> Joes

> A couple of bottles of clear high protein drinks

> bought at GNC

> A few packets of Propel powder to add to bottled

> water

> A pair of pajamas and slip on shoes

> A clean set of clothes to wear home

> My hygiene products

> Most importantly, my friend who will want to

> take care of everyone on the hospital floor

>

> Others have recommended a heating pad for comfort

> and some have hinted at accidents so you might want

> to bring a few old pair of panties that you can

> throw away if need be or some sort of protection.

> From what I gather, because we have nothing but

> liquids that first week, liquids also come out.

>

> I haven't read anything about entertainment but

> how about you and my friend having dinner

> together the night before your surgery? By then,

> I'll have had my surgery and won't be able to join

> you but will need some company.

>

> I'm sure other will offer you advice and anything

> I may have missed. Since I have not been banded

> yet, I am not experienced as most of the others who

> post here.

>

> Here is my cell phone if you want to call me. I

> work Sat, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs. I work from 7pm-7am

> and am able to talk at work. Mornings from 8 to 10

> are also good to call.

>

> Anyway welcome again.

>

> a

> 760 215 3456

>

>

> pennywitch7 <pennywitch7@...> wrote:

> Hi everyone! My name is Penny and I'm new

> here. I've been overweight

> since I was 10 years old. I've tried many times to

> loose weight-

> sometimes succeeded, sometimes not- but the weight

> just kept

> climbing.

> I'm divorced, and a single mom with 4 children. I

> saw the

> commercials for the lap band a year ago and have

> been thinking about

> having the surgery. What finally made up my mind to

> have it done? I

> lost my Dad 2 years ago from complications due to

> diabetes. He went

> into renal failure. And this year my sister has been

> in and out of

> the hospital because of cellulitis due to her

> diabetes. Plus her

> kidney function is down too. I don't have diabetes

> yet- and I don't

> want it!

> I want to get healthy. I want to see my kids grow

> up. I want to

> be able to play with them, and enjoy them while

> they're young.I've

> decided to take control of my weight instead of

> letting it control me.

> I started to investigate the surgery, and found out

> that my insurence

> doesn't cover WLS. I tried to get financing, and I

> got some, but not

> enough for the US. I was about to give up. Then I

> received an email

> from Dr. Aceves. I contacted them, and I'm soo glad

> that I did. They

> have been wonderful!

> I am having surgery on May 10th.I have no doubts or

> fears about

> going down there for my surgery. I'm flying to San

> Diego from

> Spokane, Wa. This will be the first time that I've

> been out of the

> country. So this is a total adventure for me.

> I'm excited that I'm getting the band, but not

> really nervous-

> yet. (The night befor surgery I'll probably be a

> nervous wreck.)

> I'm trying to figure out what I need to take with me

> to entertain

> myself for the couple of days in the hospital before

> I come home.

> (I'll be alone) Any suggestions? I love to read, so

> I'll bring some

> books, plus I'll probably bring some of my homework

> too. (I'm a

> college student)

> Does anyone have any suggestions for this, or about

> anything that

> will make my recovery and flight home more

> comfortable? Thanks in

> advance.

>

> Penny in Spokane

> 285/277/130...someday

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

> Mobile. Try it now.

Blessed Be!

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Guest guest

Penny,

I too am having the procedure soon. I met w/ a couple of ladies

today that have had this done. Something like a support group so

questions could be asked and answered face to face.

A few things that were mentioned at the meeting to take were:

a heating pad to warm the stomach to help w/ gas pains

some underwear liners for accidents that might occur (thought it was

gas, but not really)

lots of reading material, some extra cash, slip on shoes, extra

undies,

Hope this helps. I'll wait to see what else gets posted so I'll

know more about what I need to take.

>

> Hi everyone! My name is Penny and I'm new here. I've been

overweight

> since I was 10 years old. I've tried many times to loose weight-

> sometimes succeeded, sometimes not- but the weight just kept

> climbing.

> I'm divorced, and a single mom with 4 children. I saw the

> commercials for the lap band a year ago and have been thinking

about

> having the surgery. What finally made up my mind to have it done? I

> lost my Dad 2 years ago from complications due to diabetes. He went

> into renal failure. And this year my sister has been in and out of

> the hospital because of cellulitis due to her diabetes. Plus her

> kidney function is down too. I don't have diabetes yet- and I don't

> want it!

> I want to get healthy. I want to see my kids grow up. I want to

> be able to play with them, and enjoy them while they're young.I've

> decided to take control of my weight instead of letting it control

me.

> I started to investigate the surgery, and found out that my

insurence

> doesn't cover WLS. I tried to get financing, and I got some, but

not

> enough for the US. I was about to give up. Then I received an email

> from Dr. Aceves. I contacted them, and I'm soo glad that I did.

They

> have been wonderful!

> I am having surgery on May 10th.I have no doubts or fears

about

> going down there for my surgery. I'm flying to San Diego from

> Spokane, Wa. This will be the first time that I've been out of the

> country. So this is a total adventure for me.

> I'm excited that I'm getting the band, but not really nervous-

> yet. (The night befor surgery I'll probably be a nervous wreck.)

> I'm trying to figure out what I need to take with me to

entertain

> myself for the couple of days in the hospital before I come home.

> (I'll be alone) Any suggestions? I love to read, so I'll bring some

> books, plus I'll probably bring some of my homework too. (I'm a

> college student)

> Does anyone have any suggestions for this, or about anything

that

> will make my recovery and flight home more comfortable? Thanks in

> advance.

>

> Penny in Spokane

> 285/277/130...someday

>

Guest guest

, Remember to pack light...LOL...

The extra cash is if you want to buy anything. Other than that you'll not need much, we do tip Ernesto for picking us up and taking us back (I give him $20.00) but it's totally up to you what you give...

One thing I took is the seasoning packet out of Ramon noodles so I would have something to drink on the way home...At the airport or on the plane you can get a cup of hot water and mix it and it's very filling and soothing...

If I think of anything else I'll let you know...

Bye

From: carrielb_ar <burson.carrie@...>Subject: Re: New here Date: Sunday, April 20, 2008, 9:15 PM

Penny,I too am having the procedure soon. I met w/ a couple of ladies today that have had this done. Something like a support group so questions could be asked and answered face to face. A few things that were mentioned at the meeting to take were:a heating pad to warm the stomach to help w/ gas painssome underwear liners for accidents that might occur (thought it was gas, but not really)lots of reading material, some extra cash, slip on shoes, extra undies, Hope this helps. I'll wait to see what else gets posted so I'll know more about what I need to take.>> Hi everyone! My name is Penny and I'm new here. I've been overweight > since I was 10 years old. I've tried many times

to loose weight- > sometimes succeeded, sometimes not- but the weight just kept > climbing. > I'm divorced, and a single mom with 4 children. I saw the > commercials for the lap band a year ago and have been thinking about > having the surgery. What finally made up my mind to have it done? I > lost my Dad 2 years ago from complications due to diabetes. He went > into renal failure. And this year my sister has been in and out of > the hospital because of cellulitis due to her diabetes. Plus her > kidney function is down too. I don't have diabetes yet- and I don't > want it! > I want to get healthy. I want to see my kids grow up. I want to > be able to play with them, and enjoy them while they're young.I've > decided to take control of my weight instead of letting it control me.> I started to investigate the surgery, and found out that my

insurence > doesn't cover WLS. I tried to get financing, and I got some, but not > enough for the US. I was about to give up. Then I received an email > from Dr. Aceves. I contacted them, and I'm soo glad that I did. They > have been wonderful!> I am having surgery on May 10th.I have no doubts or fears about > going down there for my surgery. I'm flying to San Diego from > Spokane, Wa. This will be the first time that I've been out of the > country. So this is a total adventure for me.> I'm excited that I'm getting the band, but not really nervous- > yet. (The night befor surgery I'll probably be a nervous wreck.)> I'm trying to figure out what I need to take with me to entertain > myself for the couple of days in the hospital before I come home.> (I'll be alone) Any suggestions? I love to read, so I'll bring some > books, plus I'll

probably bring some of my homework too. (I'm a > college student)> Does anyone have any suggestions for this, or about anything that > will make my recovery and flight home more comfortable? Thanks in > advance.> > Penny in Spokane> 285/277/130. ..someday>