RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

How to Sprout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sprouting caps do exist online or perhaps health food store. The stainless steel nylon screen works. For me I found at thrift store the lids and very easy to use. Don't use cheesecloth as you will end up tossing. I prefer wide mouth jars when possible. Here are personal opinions only. Rinse often too. I like starting seeds at night...don't ask why--maybe habit. Alfalfa is great for hair so may juice it too with other veggies. End of the tips at moment. hugs, carolg........Suzanne <suziesgoats@...> wrote: HOW TO MAKE SPROUTS AT HOMEBy sprouting seeds, fresh vegetables are only 2-3 daysaway, year round. Compared to yard gardening, kitchengardening is a cinch.Generally, the only equipment needed is

a quart jar, apiece of nylon net and a strong rubber band or metalring. Simply secure the net over the jar as astrainer, and you have a very effective sprouter.1. Pick broken seeds and foreign objects out of seed to be sprouted.2. Secure net on mouth of jar and soak seed at least 8hours in 2 cups warm water. Do not use large amounts of seeds. A little goes a long way. Don't use old seeds as they take longer to sprout or might not sprout at all.3. Rinse and drain well and place jar on its side in a warm, dark place. Do not let the seeds dry out.4. Rinse seeds at least 3 times a day, always draining well. Always use warm water, not hot or cold. Hot will kill them and cold,retard their growth.5. When sprouts attain desired length, store unused sprouts in refrigerator.6. Rinse once a day in cold water. Use within a week.CAUTION:1. Don't sprout tomato or potato seeds.

They are poison.2. Don't sprout seeds that have been treated for planting.3. When adding sprouts to yeast goods, do so as late as possible in the mixing process, then be sure dough is warm and working. Do not allow dough to sit too long with sprouts added as dough may sour.4. Don't leave seeds in water over 20 hours. 10 to 12 hours is best.AMOUNT OF SEEDS PER QUART:Alfalfa - 1 tablespoon. Takes 3 to 5 days. Harvest when about 1 inch. Let green in the light when 2 leaves appear. Use in salads, sandwiches and juices.Lentil - 1\2 cup. Take 2 to 4 days Harvest at 1\2 inch. Good in salads, casserols, soups, juices and as a vegetable.Mungbean - 1\4 cup. Takes 3-4 days to harvest at about 1\2 inch. Good in salads, omlets, soup, oriental dishes.Tritical - 1 cup. Sprouts in 2 to 3 days 1\4 inch. Good in bread, snacks, granola and pancakes. Wheat - 1\4 cup. Sprouts in 2 to 3 days

at 1\4 inch. Bread, snacks granola and pancakes.Azuki bean - 1\2 cup. Takes 3 to 4 days at 1\4 inch. Good in salads, casserols and soup.Radish seed - 1\4 cup. Takes 2 to 3 days Use just as soon as two leaves appear. They get quite nippy if left too long. Use in salads, soup etc.another good website is www.allorganic.net/sproutseeds.html Suzi What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. health/ http://suziesgoats.wholefoodfarmacy.com/ http://360./suziesgoats Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited Try it today.

Guest guest

What timing! I was just telling a work friend about the benefits of

sprouting yesterday. Just a confirmation, I guess.

I like to reminisce with people I don't know.

--- In health , Suzanne <suziesgoats@...>

wrote:

>

> HOW TO MAKE SPROUTS AT HOME