Re: Anaesthesia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The last three surgeries I had I didn't get a pre OR relaxant

come to think of it. They took me into the OR and put

me out within a couple minutes.

Sherry

Anaesthesia

I think it's important to realise that different individuals react differently to the same form of anaesthesia and that sometimes the reactions even fool the surgeons. When I was operated on for Carpal Tunnel the two micro-surgeons introduced themselves just before I entered theatre and after I had been given all the pre-surgery sedation. It turned out that one of the surgeons was an old mate that I hadn't seen for 20+ years. We happily reminisced for ten minutes or so and then he laughed and said, "The said thing is that you won't remember a word of this conversation."

Following the surgery the same surgeon visited me in the Recovery ward and gave me instructions on when the sutures would be removed, how long I would have to wear the sling and various other recovery matters. It gave me great pleasure to telephone him later in the week and tell him I recalled with total clarity the pre-surgery conversation but didn't have a clue about the post-surgery instructions!

Aussie (Replacement virgin but bad right hip)

Guest guest

YES CHILDREN :)))))))))EBTISAM From: "dr_hibahaboubi@..." <dr_hibahaboubi@...> Sent: Sunday, 25 March 2012, 13:07 Subject: Anaesthesia Inhalational anaesthesia is of most benefit to which of the following:Medically

compromisedTeenagersPregnant womenChildrenTh choice is children ..is it correct?Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device------------------------------------