RemedySpot.com

Hi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My Hc HAS ARRIVED TODAY, SHOULD i WAIT TILL TOMORROW OR TAKE MY FIRST 2.5 TODAY!!!!!???

From: sheilaturner <sheilaturner@...>Subject: Re: HIthyroid treatment Date: Thursday, 21 August, 2008, 10:26 AM

Hi

Nobody could answer this question - but we know that thyroxine stays in your body for up to 6 weeks - even though it gets less and less each day. You should be OK for up to 3 weeks or thereabouts but everybody is different. Your thinking is right, and you should not start your L-thyroxine again until you have been taking HC for at least a week. Have you written to Afshin yet to find out where your HC is?

Luv - Sheila

bump

How long is it safe to go without taking any Levo T before the effects of not taking show themselves?I havent taken any of mine for 9 days now No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.6.6/1624 - Release Date: 20/08/2008 19:11

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Oh lordy, lordy, lordy - thank goodness for that . Now, you can get on with the business of getting yourself better. Now don't get too excited and take too much or try to increase your dose too quickly. Softly, softly, catchee monkey!. I see that you have taken your first dose, so good luck.

Luv - Sheila

My Hc HAS ARRIVED TODAY, SHOULD i WAIT TILL TOMORROW OR TAKE MY FIRST 2.5 TODAY!!!!!???

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.6.6/1624 - Release Date: 20/08/2008 19:11

LOL I know I have made a fuss sheila! Yes took my first dose, I really couldnt see the point in waiting till tomorrow, I am taking it softly, softly, 2.5 for 3 days then 5 for 3 days and so on until I see how much I need. Do you think re starting the T4 in a week to 10 days at 75mcg sounds about right?

From: sheilaturner <sheilaturner@...>Subject: Re: HIthyroid treatment Date: Thursday, 21 August, 2008, 11:04 AM

Oh lordy, lordy, lordy - thank goodness for that . Now, you can get on with the business of getting yourself better. Now don't get too excited and take too much or try to increase your dose too quickly. Softly, softly, catchee monkey!. I see that you have taken your first dose, so good luck.

Luv - Sheila

My Hc HAS ARRIVED TODAY, SHOULD i WAIT TILL TOMORROW OR TAKE MY FIRST 2.5 TODAY!!!!!?? ?

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.6.6/1624 - Release Date: 20/08/2008 19:11

Hi ,

We've been waiting for your post to arrive as much as you have....:-)

even went down to see if it had arrived when my post arrived...lol..

whatever advice is offered, I'm sure you'll be keen to get stuck in...

good luck

Bob

as I see is what you've done anyway, and so would I, in the

circumstances...

>

> My Hc HAS ARRIVED TODAY, SHOULD i WAIT TILL TOMORROW OR TAKE MY FIRST

2.5 TODAY!!!!!???

LOL Bob

Thanks, its so nice to have support on here from people I see as friends, its comforting.

Well, 2 hrs since I took the first 2.5mg of HC, Ive had no adverse effects and feel no different, so that tells me I need more eventually, am I right?

From: bob.m9uk <Bob.m9uk@...>Subject: Re: HIthyroid treatment Date: Thursday, 21 August, 2008, 11:49 AM

Hi ,We've been waiting for your post to arrive as much as you have....:-)even went down to see if it had arrived when my post arrived...lol. .whatever advice is offered, I'm sure you'll be keen to get stuck in...good luckBobas I see is what you've done anyway, and so would I, in the circumstances. .. >> My Hc HAS ARRIVED TODAY, SHOULD i WAIT TILL TOMORROW OR TAKE MY FIRST 2.5 TODAY!!!!!?? ?Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

DUH! that went off before I had a chance to reply - it's that little green man again !

Yes, I think starting at 75 mcgs should be fine for a couple of weeks, and then, if this was me, I would increase by 25 mcgs and stay on that for about 6 weeks before you increase again (if you need to) but once your adrenals start to heal, you may not need to increase. It is a waiting game now to see how you get on, but I'm sure you will find an enormous difference.

luv - Sheila

LOL I know I have made a fuss sheila! Yes took my first dose, I really couldnt see the point in waiting till tomorrow, I am taking it softly, softly, 2.5 for 3 days then 5 for 3 days and so on until I see how much I need. Do you think re starting the T4 in a week to 10 days at 75mcg sounds about right?

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.6.6/1624 - Release Date: 20/08/2008 19:11

I am hoping so Sheila, cos if this fails where do I go from here?! Anyway not thinking about that, just hoping and praying from now on I start to feel human again! And above all a whole lot better for my holiday in October

From: sheilaturner <sheilaturner@...>Subject: Re: HIthyroid treatment Date: Thursday, 21 August, 2008, 3:04 PM

DUH! that went off before I had a chance to reply - it's that little green man again !

Yes, I think starting at 75 mcgs should be fine for a couple of weeks, and then,

luv - Sheila

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . No virus found in this incoming message.

• 3 weeks later...

i was diagnosed last september with approximate 43 degree curve. along with

possible degeneration of spine. 32yrs old

Subject: hi

Scoliosis Treatment

Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 1:32 AM

Hi..

I diagnosed having scoliosis 14 years ago..

• 1 month later...

NEVER give up ur good efforts - Paramhansa Yoganandaji.

Prayers.My FAVOURITE search....www.guruji.com Keep Smiling inspite of Everything

From: bhar gava <bhargav_surya@ .co. in>Subject: hiPositiveThinkingAnd MeditationDate: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 5:40 PM

Nice to meet u

It is good see ur message

i am new to this group

i have joined this group for some suggestions and some help which help for my growth in positive thinking

i do meditation for some period but now iam not doing its another issue,there is no time for me for doing that

about me i am engineer doing job in private firm, and i am just 22

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say hello to you Vik. I'm so sorry for your pain. Try

and not worry too much too soon. I know you are afraid but we are all

out here supporting you and I'll be praying for you. You hang in there.

You are never alone. I send you love and a hug, Dereise........

>

> Hi there to all, Hope you all had a happy xmas & new year & that no1 was

in

> to much pain!

> Only 16days til I have to see the neurosurgeon about getting the

> strange intraspinal lump out and Im getting scared.

> Ive been in soooo much pain again of late, my partner even had to

put

> my painkillers in my mouth and feed me a drink as I was in to much

pain

> to roll off my tummy! talk about looking like a beached whale (gotta

> laugh or I`ll cry lol)

> Blessed be x

>

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

Hi Leah. The suggestion is 10 days clear liquids, 10 days full liquids, and then 10 days mushy food. I also wanted to try some mushy food too soon. Tried it and got very sick, even though I was very careful. One of the girls that was banded the same day as me also tried this and had the same results. Guess it's normal to want to try. I'm at the mushy food stage now and it is still hit and miss. On many of the boards you will find patients with a variety of liquid/ mushy stage schedules. My advise is to take it slow. Your body will also know you are ready. Sent from Sharon L's iPhoneOn May 15, 2009, at 3:56 PM, "sweet_love_n" <sweet_love_n@...>

wrote:

I just had my lap band surgery on 5/7/2009. So far so good. I am really looking forward to my new life. I feel that I am ready to start eating soft food but some of the paper work is telling me that I should be on pureed food some say that I can start soft food. Any information would help. I just figure my body will let me know what my stomach can handle.

Looking forward to my new life,

Leah

Guest guest

You need to follow what your paperworks says, the last thing you want to do is get something stuck. Occasionally i get something stuck and its really uncomfortable and take my word for it you dont want to do that. Your band area is still swolllen and will still require to do liquids or puree food. JanFrom: sweet_love_n <sweet_love_n@...>Subject: HI Date: Friday, May 15, 2009, 3:56 PM

I just had my lap band surgery on 5/7/2009. So far so good. I am really looking forward to my new life. I feel that I am ready to start eating soft food but some of the paper work is telling me that I should be on pureed food some say that I can start soft food. Any information would help. I just figure my body will let me know what my stomach can handle.

Looking forward to my new life,

Leah

Guest guest

Janice is correct, you are most certainly NOT ready to start soft foods if you haven't finished clears and full liquids.  You really can't see the scarring and adhesions forming and that is what will hold your band in place long term, not the sutures.  You are assuming that if you can eat you should eat.  That's exactly wrong.  Cheat on the post op diet today and slip tomorrow.  Those that cheat on the post op diet have a very high risk for slips 6-12 months down the road and that's one of the best ways I know to lose your band.

Stick with Dr. Aceves instructions.  You didn't spend this money and go through surgery just to cheat the first weeks of banding.On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 6:31 PM, janice gies <jangies@...> wrote:

You need to follow what your paperworks says, the last thing you want to do is get something stuck. Occasionally i get something stuck and its really uncomfortable and take my word for it you dont want to do that. Your band area is still swolllen and will still require to do liquids or puree food. Jan

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hi ,

I had my TKR on May 27.I am now at home getting home re hab and a nurse comes

over.I am a walker,I walk my poodles some days 6 !/2 miles so I am getting

around pretty well.Its not as bad as my mind thought.

Dot

People usually don't care about you until you show them that you care about

them. ~~ Unkown

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hi Trish I can understand you being very anxious. A cholestiatoma is a

collection of excess scar tissue which is attached to the ear drum. Depending on

the size and whether there is any damage to the hearing bones which the doctor

will only find out once he goes in will depend on what he will need to do.

If you look on the internet under " Cholesteatoma " you will find plenty

Information and If you want to see what one looks like just look under

" Cholesteatoma images " .

I hope all goes well.

>

> My name is Trish. My son (he's 5) was just referred to an ENT for a possible

cholesteatoma. He goes in about a week and a half. I had never heard of anything

like this. He has never had an ear infection and shows no signs of any problems

or hearing loss. The bump is just inside his right ear and was discovered at his

regular annual exam. I'm just concerned ( of course) and since I don't

personally know anyone who has been through this, I was just hoping for some

advice or information on what to expect. The thing is round, pearly and the size

of maybe half a pencil eraser. My son's pediatrician made it sound like it was

nothing, but after reading about it online it seems much more serious. I'm just

losing a lot of sleep lately.

>

Guest guest

Trish –

My son never had any ear issues either. No infections

until one really bad one at age five where it blew a hole in his eardrum.

It was through that hole that our doctor saw “something” and we

proceeded with CTs, etc., from there. I was told that because he hadn’t

had chronic ear infections, he was probably born with it (congenital).

Do your research on whomever will take the next step with your

child. Ask the group for a referral in your area. Don’t worry

about offending your doctor; find out how many of these surgeries they have performed,

because it does matter. I didn’t ask these questions early on and

have to live with that guilt now forever.

Don’t lose sleep over this. Keep in mind that the

glass is half-full, not half-empty. Of all of the horrendous things your

child could have, this is relatively manageable.

e

[mailto:cholesteatoma ] On Behalf Of jate_441

Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 9:05 PM

cholesteatoma

Subject: Hi

My name is Trish. My son (he's 5) was just

referred to an ENT for a possible cholesteatoma. He goes in about a week and a

half. I had never heard of anything like this. He has never had an ear

infection and shows no signs of any problems or hearing loss. The bump is just

inside his right ear and was discovered at his regular annual exam. I'm just

concerned ( of course) and since I don't personally know anyone who has been

through this, I was just hoping for some advice or information on what to

expect. The thing is round, pearly and the size of maybe half a pencil eraser.

My son's pediatrician made it sound like it was nothing, but after reading

about it online it seems much more serious. I'm just losing a lot of sleep

lately.

Guest guest

Much like the Pharm Tech I and II, there is no universally accepted definition

of a certified IV or Chemo Tech in the USA.

HOWEVER there are a few different 'companies' or organizations that provide

literature and then ask you to demonstrate in front of a pharmacist at a

hospital pharmacy using aseptic technique and a hood to, then the pharmacist

'signs you off' that you have met the minimum criteria that the certifying

company has given them.

There are a couple of IV cert programs where you fly to a location and do all of

your study and physical exam on one school site.

Since CA only requires a minimum of 240 hours at an approved pharm tech school

OR PTCB passing actual hands on training is not required by law. BUT in

California most of the 'physical' schools have IV training within the program.

This training can be further enhanced by an extern or intern -ship.

I have not seen a trend in CA for IV certification. I am hoping that AB 418 will

require education that will have the training.

NOW that all being said at this time in CA and in most states, the various

employers then have their OWN criteria for being considered 'ion-house' IV

trained and certified to do IV's in that particular hospital pharmacy. This IV

certification does not transfer per se to any other company or hospital

pharmacy. Most hospital pharmacies re-train or re-fresh an IV Tech to see how

they perform and correct and certify them or PERMIT them to do IV's with in

their facility even if the tech has previous IV experience.

It is much the same in most states.

Hope this helps,

Jeanetta Mastron CPhT BS

Pharm Tech Educator

Founder/Owner of this site

>

> hi guys my name is christy and i have a question. i live in california and im

a registered pharmacy technician, completing my externship and about to be

licensed, does anyone know how i get iv certified? here in california? is it

just on the job training? thank you so much!

> christy form ca

>

Guest guest

Hi Trish, my 5 year old daughter has just been through surgery for a large

cholesteotoma. She has also never had an ear infection in her life. She had a

cold and they noticed her ear drum looked opaque like there was fluid behind it.

We were seeing an ENT as it was not resolving and eventually she asked to do a

scan and it revealed a large cholesteotoma. Was abit of a shock. Our daughter's

is considered a congenital cholesteotoma and if you son proves to have a

cholesteotoma I suspect it would also be the same. Our daughter had the more

radical canal wall down surgery and has coped very well. Her hearing in the ear

despite an attempt at reconstruction does not seem great but later she may have

an implant. She has recnetly had an ear plug fitted and has been able o return

to swimming which has been great.

I hope that your's son condition does not prove to be a cholesteotoma. Let us

know

>

cholesteatoma. He goes in about a week and a half. I had never heard of anything

or hearing loss. The bump is just inside his right ear and was discovered at his

advice or information on what to expect. The thing is round, pearly and the size

>

Guest guest

Hi Trish

My 5 year old had surgery to remove his c-toma last week & like you I had never heard of it & also lost lots of sleep.

Joe's (my son) c-toma has caused a severe hearing loss in his right ear, but it couldn't be seen by the naked eye. It was discovered when our 1st ENT put a grommet in.

It is really scary seeing your 'baby' go through this. If your son does have c-toma, please be assurred that post operative recovery is amazingly quick (I think it took me longer to recover than him).

C-toma is certainly not nothing as you Dr suggests, but all of the reading I did before made it scarier than it actually was.

I am more than happy to share more details with you if your little boy does have c-toma. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't

RegardsDonna

From: jate_441 <jate_441@...>cholesteatoma Sent: Saturday, 11 July, 2009 2:04:57 PMSubject: Hi

My name is Trish. My son (he's 5) was just referred to an ENT for a possible cholesteatoma. He goes in about a week and a half. I had never heard of anything like this. He has never had an ear infection and shows no signs of any problems or hearing loss. The bump is just inside his right ear and was discovered at his regular annual exam. I'm just concerned ( of course) and since I don't personally know anyone who has been through this, I was just hoping for some advice or information on what to expect. The thing is round, pearly and the size of maybe half a pencil eraser. My son's pediatrician made it sound like it was nothing, but after reading about it online it seems much more serious. I'm just losing a lot of sleep lately.

Access 7 Mail on your mobile.. Anytime. Anywhere. Show me how.

Guest guest

Thank you for the replies. I appreciate it. It seems that many of these cases

involve the eardrum. I am guessing we are lucky that his is nowhere near the

eardrum? Right now I am just trying to keep from driving myself crazy while I

wait for his appointment. I hope your daughter heals quickly and her hearing

improves.

> >

> > My name is Trish. My son (he's 5) was just referred to an ENT for a possible

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank you Donna. I will let you know what happens with his check up and would really appreciate talking about it with you. The part about it taking you longer than your son to recover made me laugh. That is so accurate with anything our kids go through.

Hi

My name is Trish. My son (he's 5) was just referred to an ENT for a possible cholesteatoma. He goes in about a week and a half. I had never heard of anything like this. He has never had an ear infection and shows no signs of any problems or hearing loss. The bump is just inside his right ear and was discovered at his regular annual exam. I'm just concerned ( of course) and since I don't personally know anyone who has been through this, I was just hoping for some advice or information on what to expect. The thing is round, pearly and the size of maybe half a pencil eraser. My son's pediatrician made it sound like it was nothing, but after reading about it online it seems much more serious. I'm just losing a lot of sleep lately.

Access 7 Mail on your mobile.. Anytime. Anywhere. Show me how.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.375 / Virus Database: 270.13.11/2232 - Release Date: 07/11/09 17:56:00

Guest guest

Hi Trish, I am 41 and had 8 different surgeries for Cholesteatoma in my 20s. The doctors say I was born with it, but it wasn’t discovered until I was 20. I recently started a blog chronicling my ups and downs with the disease. You can read

it to learn more about it. www.lisaceardisease.blogspot.com.

Feel free to ask me questions anytime! Thanks!

IDQ Companies

Guest guest

Hi . My 7 yr old had his removed last year. He had his skull drilled through

behind the ear. Sounds scary but it maintains his eardrrum. He recovered in

about a week completely. He now has a moderate loss in that ear and wears a

hearing aid. Late this year he will go in for prosthetic bones. It is scary for

you but find a surgeon that you are happy with and it should be easier. Good

luck.

>

> Thank you Donna. I will let you know what happens with his check up and would

really appreciate talking about it with you. The part about it taking you longer

than your son to recover made me laugh. That is so accurate with anything our

kids go through.

>

>

> Hi

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Access 7 Mail on your mobile.. Anytime. Anywhere. Show me how.

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>

>

>

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

> Version: 8.5.375 / Virus Database: 270.13.11/2232 - Release Date: 07/11/09

17:56:00

>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Foxxxys1,

Although my son is not at the stage of needing surgery yet - we are in the

watching phase - nothing scares me more than the thought of him possibly needing

the same surgery as I had when I was seventeen. He's only 12 right now and

thought of him having to have any part of his spine fused keeps me up at night.

All I can suggest to you right now is that you get several opinions and find a

scoliosis surgeon at a major hospital, so that you get the very best surgeon

possible. Even if you have to travel, it will be the best for your daughter in

the long run. You should know that they are so much more knowledgeable these

days and the surgical techniques, pain management, and overall outcomes are so

much better that 30 years ago when I had my surgery.

You should go to the Scoliosis Research Society website, they have a doctor

search program and much needed information to help you through this difficult

process.

Best wishes for you and your daughter,

Jeanne

Hi

My 13 year old daughter just found out she has to have surgery and we are

both

scared! We are looking for others that have gone through this same thing or

are

currently going through it too.

Guest guest

This is normal for some and it will pass, promise. I think potassium has been

suggested... I'm sure someone else will chime in soon. Hang in there! You can

do it. The first week is rough for some but then its easy sailing. Best wishes!

--- Original Message ---

Sent:Thu 7/30/09 7:56 pm

Subj: Hi

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and the HCG plan. I am on day 3 of my low

calorie eating and I experienced fatigue and feeling of being nauseous and

faint. Has anyoune else experienced this and if so what do you do about it?

Thank you,

Michele